Let's Eat & Drink - Vietnamese Cuisine, Foods & Drinks (˘▽˘)っ♨ & (*^◇^)_旦

Step

Mrs James Ma
My sister started learning to cook from one month. She said she loves this thread and a silent reader here. She was searching for some bhan canh (sorry if its wrong) recipe you posted here to make @Ms.Zoe

Ms.Zoe

.: Lady Huo :.
Hi @Step, good to see you again :). Hi Step's sister, I did not know that you're a silent reader, thanks & I'm glad that you enjoy this thread :). Good luck and have lots of fun cooking :).

I remembered I did posted a recipe up but it has been a long time so I'm not sure for which dish. I think I did posted up photos of a dish called Banh Canh Cua. Here is the link to its recipe http://www.theravenouscouple.com/2010/01/banh-canh-cua-recipe.html. I enjoy this Vietnamese couple's website a lot.

Ms.Zoe

I just ate some Khoai Mi Hap Nuoc Cot Dua (Steamed Cassava with Coconut Milk) but without peanuts, sesame seeds & coconut shreds as shown in the photo below.

Then they make me craving for these edible worms :D. They are Banh Tam Khoai Mi (Cassava Silkworm Cake).

Then I'm also craving for Banh Khoai Mi Nuong (Cassava Cake) :D.

Photo Cr as tagged & to all rightful owners

Ms.Zoe

I have been craving for this dish for weeks now lol. Want to take a guess on its name, anyone? :)

Cr to rightful owner

Ms.Zoe

Tet Trung Thu (Autumn Moon Festival) is coming soon so I'm craving for these Banh Trung Thu (Moon Cakes) with hot green tea...Yummmmm. My favorite kind is green bean with durian flavor moon cake!

Another type of moon cakes is Banh Deo - Snowskin Moon Cakes. I still like these with green bean with durian flavor :D although most people do not make them with the fillings I want.

Cr as tagged & to all rightful owners

Last edited:

Ms.Zoe

:risas3::risas3: Hahaha this is funny, however in my case I would change the quote to "How to Get My Attention in an Instant." :risas3::risas3:

Cr as tagged & other rightful owner

Ms.Zoe

I could post some steamed buns photos if you want :p.

I am craving for this dessert...yummyyyyyyy!!!!! It is simple but so yummy.

Edit: add photo

Cr as tagged

Last edited:

cecilia

Staff member
Don't do it! You're going to make me crave for it even more lol

I want that dessert! I'm going to grab coconut milk, jello, jackfruit, logan, and pearl at the local Asian store to make me that tomorrow *yum*

Last edited:

Ms.Zoe

Ok I won't do it if you insisted lol :p. That dessert cup looks yummy too!

I went to my local Asian market yesterday & bought the flour to make the green worm jelly like dessert. I can't wait to try to make it. I am thinking of adding pandan flavor to it plus little red tapioca pearls like pomegranate seeds too, just thinking about it, my mouth is watery :p.

Ms.Zoe

I'm craving for this stir fried water spinach with garlic dish!

There are other ways to prepare water spinach. Will be back to post about them.

Cr to rightful owners