Let's Eat & Drink - Vietnamese Cuisine, Foods & Drinks (˘▽˘)っ♨ & (*^◇^)_旦

Ms.Zoe

.: Lady Huo :.
This is so mouth watering :babeando: , I could smell the aroma, I could feel the steam coming from this dish . It's Cha Ca La Vong (Hanoi Tumeric Fish with Dill).

OMG They are all so yummy! Preferably you eat with Bun' (rice noodle) but you could also eat with white rice too with fish sauce.

Cr as tagged & to rightful owners

Last edited:

cecilia

Staff member
Anything with fish is good ...

People at work asked to have Asian food for potluck this wednesday .. I'm thinking of doing Banh mi or Gaeng Phed Gai ... Wanna do Bahn Mi for the pickled veggie but red chicken curry sounds so good with steam rice too ... can't decide lol

Anyway, I saw this video of Thai Pork Glass Noodle Salad and it looks so good ... I might attempt it soon :)

https://www.tastemade.com/videos/thai-pork-glass-noodle-salad

Last edited:

Ms.Zoe

You could do both actually hehe, instead of white rice, get Banh Mi (baguette, the bread only) & eat with Gaeng Phed Gai :).

cecilia

Staff member
^I could ... I'm going to make curry/steam rice and save bahn mi for myself lol

Going to make that glass noodle salad tonight .. I'll post up the photo to share with you on IG later :)

Ms.Zoe

Thai pork glass noddle salad looks simple to make. In Vietnamese cuisine, pork does not go with glass noodle. Chicken, eel & crab go with it.

cecilia

Staff member
Thai cuisine has a lot of it ... You can mix it with any kind of meat. Turkey or chicken will do fine too. I made mine ... It taste like larb because of the rice powder.

Ms.Zoe

I love the smell & taste of roasted rice powder.

fun

Expired Sarnie
Lately I have been eating and making a lot of Korean food. Kimbap, bibimbap, kimchi fried rice, kimchi guk, kimchi pancake, seafood pancake, miyeok (seaweed soup) and korean egg roll.

I like pho but love the homemade version. It has less of that artificial beef bouillon taste. I like mine mix with the thin and wide noodles.

What is your favorite noodle soup? Mine has to be the Thai boat noodle. If I ever get a chance to go to Thailand, I will make sure to eat 30 bowls. My uncles and aunts said it taste much better if it was bought at a boat market in Thailand. The flavor is so intricate and complex. Love love love!!!

Last edited:

Ms.Zoe

Hi @fun

Talk about Korean foods, I was at the Korean market a few weeks ago. I saw boxes of Korean pancake flour mix of different flavors, there was also green tea flavor, I was so tempted. I did not buy a box to try because the preparation directions are complicated hehehe. Lately I like to make pancakes but I like to make the simple kinds though lol.

My favorite noodle soup is Pho, homemade is the best one. I could not pick between beef with ox tails/beef meatballs or chicken lol but Pho is my favorite. Thai restaurants in the states do not sell Thai boat noodles, well maybe where I live. If I want to try it, I might have to travel to Thailand, make it myself or have a Thai friend makes it for me lol.

cecilia

Staff member
Mine ... Pho and kaopong (includes roll and mixed with papaya).

Going to make some this weekend for sure ...

Last edited:

Ms.Zoe

It is a simple & fast dish to make. I have never tried this dish. I want some tempura with it too :).

Cr to rightful owner

Last edited:

cecilia

Staff member
Shrimp tempura with light soy sauce are the best!!! I love love veggie tempura -- especially taro and yam.

I'm making my soba ..can't wait :)

Ms.Zoe

Me too, with light soy sauce I could truly taste the tempura. I love veggie tempura too - not sure if I have tasted taro yet, but I think I have with yam. Some other veggie tempura that I love - eggplant, zucchini & asparagus.

Share your soba later :).

cecilia

Staff member
I packed all my pretty plates away .. so no picture tonight. I will make it again and instagram it when I get to the new place -- with the pretty plate and utensil lol