Khmer words

takkie

sarNie Egg
hmm...me i say
'
'yee' with older ppl when they say 'oh and when will we hear good new from you' (they're referrin to marriage) or somethin like that

'yee voy' with ppl my age

'ah cha-loy' or 'cha-loy main voy' and 'joy' when im drivein and with my lil bro

'ah trouk' like khmai_gurl to my lil bro :lol:

i also use 'wah' alot but idk if its a khmer word or not

Soteeda

I say aiya lots..it's like verbal diarrhea with this term lol. It'll slip out around my non-khmer friends and at first they were like huh? but now they know what it means and some are even starting to use this term haha. :p

pecco

sarNie Juvenile
im not sure wat word it is i say alot...i tend to talk to myslelf in khmer lol i dont say much around people, only when someone is talking to me---i try to be really polite when elders are around me...but i keep on saying the f word when im alone---thats bad but my cousins say it all the time when i was little...so thats probably the word i say alot :sweat:

chanda

sarNie Egg
i dont talk that much khmer at home...but sometimes i would say...me ka duoy haw...sorry if u guys think thats bad...and i say skuort...i sware alot...lol..and sometimes i say powm...i mean fart...i dont know how to spell that

Khatiya

sarNie Adult
I think I use the word "YEARNG" meaning US alot. When I speak khmer to my friends, I call myself YEARNG lolzz... doesn't sound this weird when it's put in a sentence.

For example "yearng min tov te! kloun aing jong tov na gaw tov tov" lolzzz