[JDRAMA] Itazura na Kiss - Love in Tokyo

w3irdg3m

sarNie Hatchling
Yeah, in the other versions, you don't see Naoki getting jealous until that nursing student came along.  Here, you could kind of see him getting jealous already with a glance here and there at Kotoko.  I love this version and I'm scanning through the manga and anime again. I wonder how far they will get in this version.  I liked how the anime ended with their married life and their child. 

mintwix

MMの弁護士。
*SQUEALLLSSS* 

EP. 9 tomolo!

I've never properly read the whole manga but I've definitely been scanning both manga and anime too after each episode from the 2013 version. It's always interesting to compare. I see in the next episode *spoilers* Naoki will be moving out. The anime cut this part out so this will be completely new content for me. The only thing I got from the manga was that Kotoko stayed one night at Naoki's place.

There is supposedly 16 episodes... but at this rate... I'm already hoping there is a season 2! 

mintwix

MMの弁護士。
Next episode should be a good one! :) SPOILERS* Kotoko and Naoki alone in the bedroom. Muahahahaha.

mintwix

MMの弁護士。
How do you watch it? I know there are more than a few sources. Dramafever, dramacrazy, and d-addicts only to name a few.  Well, for d-addicts, that's where you can download the raw version with softsubs.

mintwix

MMの弁護士。
Hrm. Where were you watching the episodes before ? 

Ep. 10 in just a few hours. SQUEALSSS*

Falada

sarNie Adult
Thanks, I want to watch it fast like you too, LOL. ANd yeah I REALLY LOVE this drama. THANKS! :D

mintwix

MMの弁護士。
You're welcome! How did you like ep 10? I think it's one of my favorite episodes so far. SPOILERS* I wasn't expecting them to change how Kotoko managed to get Yuki-kun to the hospital. I actually like it though. I like how they gave more importance to Kinchan's role in this version. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODVzTRL5aMM

They say Kinchan gradually takes part in Naoki and Kotoko's relationship and the tension builds up towards the end. Like we mentioned before, in all other versions, Naoki never really showed any signs of insecurity or jealousy until after they were married.  But in this version, I think there will be a greater emphasis on the love triangle with Kin-chan and Naoki will actually see Kin-chan as rival. This is probably one of the reasons why this version is popular. When a guy is too complacent and neglects the girl who loves him, it's hard to believe he is reciprocating her feelings. 

SPOILERS***** THE KISS IS ACTUALLY REAL. LOL. This version has such a sweet and delicate flavor but sometimes I wonder if there weren't such a huge gap between the actors's ages, perhaps the kisses would be more passionate. 555555 /guilty. Still loving this version though. I just love how there are so many versions.

Also, did anyone notice Sato Aiko in today's episode? She played as Kotoko in the 1996 version. In the manga, Naoki becomes a doctor and Kotoko becomes a nurse so... If you don't know how Sato Aiko looks like, let's just say she guest-starred as one of the nurses today. ;)

----

Steering off-topic, but I love your MTEAM signature. :)  If you've been around here for a while, you'd probably know I've been a mteam fan for a few years now. LOL. However, I've never really made any fan art for them. I did make one fan video in January this year though. It was my first and last mteam fan video and one of the Thai blogs had even promoted it. 555555 Why am I mentioning this? 

If you watched Itazura na Kiss, the anime, you will notice I used the OST for the background music in mteam's video. "Jikan yo Tomare" by Azu featuring Seamo..... I somehow managed to bring mteam into this discussion. LMAO!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ReHTKiqvX1g

aikoden

♥DREAMER♥
Staff member
16 eps.. I'm so darn happy!
I'm so totally enjoying this new remake version..
It has become my favorite one!!!

I'm still a bit teeny behind but I'm getting there :p  (I'm currently watching some japanese medical dramas along with this one hehe..)

but oooowwaaahhh.. Sato Aiko really makes a cameo in this version?? awesome! I can't wait to catch up and see.. :D

and LOL Mint, I love how MTEAM is brought into here :p Miss them two mak maaakkk!!  Your video brings back memories :)

edit:  Ahhhhh I forgot about the shoutout :p  keke... I love F. Yuki's english! I already loved it when he said "on purpose" in ep 2 when he was going over english wither Kotoko :D  Isn't it funny in a way how there's two Yuki? hehe.. I love them two as Naoki and Kin-chin :3  I have to say Miki is doing a really good job portraying Kotoko and this is her first role too!!

Falada

sarNie Adult
mintwix said:
You're welcome! How did you like ep 10? I think it's one of my favorite episodes so far. SPOILERS* I wasn't expecting them to change how Kotoko managed to get Yuki-kun to the hospital. I actually like it though. I like how they gave more importance to Kinchan's role in this version. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODVzTRL5aMM

They say Kinchan gradually takes part in Naoki and Kotoko's relationship and the tension builds up towards the end. Like we mentioned before, in all other versions, Naoki never really showed any signs of insecurity or jealousy.  But in this version, I think there will be a greater emphasis on the love triangle with Kin-chan and Naoki will actually see Kin-chan as rival. This is probably one of the reasons why this version is popular. When a guy is too complacent and neglects the girl who loves him, it's hard to believe he is reciprocating her feelings. 

SPOILERS***** THE KISS IS ACTUALLY REAL. LOL. This version has such a sweet and delicate flavor but sometimes I wonder if there weren't such a huge gap between the actors's ages, perhaps the kisses would be more passionate. 555555 /guilty. Still loving this version though. I just love how there are so many versions.

Also, did anyone notice Sato Aiko in today's episode? She played as Kotoko in the 1996 version. In the manga, Naoki becomes a doctor and Kotoko becomes a nurse so... If you don't know how Sato Aiko looks like, let's just say she guest-starred as one of the nurses today. ;)

----

Steering off-topic, but I love your MTEAM signature. :)  If you've been around here for a while, you'd probably know I've been a mteam fan for a few years now. LOL. However, I've never really made any fan art for them. I did make one fan video in January this year though. It was my first and last mteam fan video and one of the Thai blogs had even promoted it. 555555 Why am I mentioning this? 

If you watched Itazura na Kiss, the anime, you will notice I used the OST for the background music in mteam's video. "Jikan yo Tomare" by Azu featuring Seamo..... I somehow managed to bring mteam into this discussion. LMAO!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ReHTKiqvX1g

Love episode 10. It was really good! Love the video also thanks for sharing!
---------
Thanks! And love your video! I'm not really an Mteam Fan, but I still love them! I watch the anime too, but haven't finish it since I am watching a lot of other movie too. And thanks for the information. Naoki is so cute, when he says he'll sleep on the bed with her. And it was funny too that Kotoko wants something to happen between them. My sister was like OMG. Yeah me and my sisters are loving it!

mintwix

MMの弁護士。
@Aiko

I've only watched Code Blue for medical dramas and didn't venture further into this genre. LOL. However, in addition to Itazura na Kiss, I feel like I've been watching way too many detective dramas recently. Japan has so many of them.

And yes it's like I just sneakily brought MTEAM into the discussion, right? Hahaha. I just saw that Falada recently changed her signature to mteam today so I just had to mention the OST that I had used. LOL.

I also avoided calling Naoki and Kinchan by the real name because Naoki's otouto is also Yuki. LOL ! ! ! 

@Falada

Speaking of Kotoko wanting "something" to happen hahaha  no matter how many times I watch it, her wild imaginations always make me blush. I find myself blushing at her reactions alone more than the actual scenes when she is with Naoki. Miki is just that fantastic. I literally have to brace myself before each episode since I think she has at least one daydreaming moment everytime . Hahaha. Good to hear you're enjoying this with your sister. It's been a long time since I've watched dramas with my own. If you get a chance to finish the anime - I'm sure you won't regret it!

Falada

sarNie Adult
Yes, I love Miki's acting. She so good at acting as Kotoko. ANd she also makes me blush, LOL. It's ok, since I'm only 13 and my sisters are 11 and  9, so we're not that busy, that's why we get to spend time together more. And yes I sure I won't regret watching it! THANKS! :D

mintwix

MMの弁護士。
Ii naa. Urayamashii. :) I think Kinchan will miss out on spending time with Kotoko again. Just like when Irie-kun mischievously stole Kotoko's first kiss. LOL.

aikoden

♥DREAMER♥
Staff member
Dude!..  I'm blushing and squealing so much while catching up!! kyyyyaaaaaahhhhhhh..  They're so cute!! KAWAIIIII DESU!!!  I love love love Naoki & Kotoko but.. I can't help but feel sorry for Kin-chan as well lol..  Like I literally don't even mind him and Kotoko to actually get paired in this version... ahaha.. He is such a silly guy but you can't help but love his "love" toward Kotoko :p

@ Mint, I originally watched Code Blue for Pi-Chan.. but it actually was better than I thought..  I think I'll watch the second season one of these days.  I love the japanese medical dramas but there's only a few that can actually make me stick and continue watching.  I just finished "Doctors" and just read that there's going to be a second series :)  I also started on "Iryu Team Medical Dragon" but.. That one hasn't really clicked into me yet..it must be good if they have like 3 seasons. hmm.

And yes, there's definitely quite a lot of detective dramas right now.  I'm watching Galileo 2, since I've loved the first series..  and plus the cast is really good too, despite Shibasaki Kou not being the main police detective at all and just being a cameo.. sigh.. But Fukuyama Masaharu makes up for it :D :D :D

I'm also watching Sennyu Tantei Tokage with Matsuda Shota.. I think it's pretty interesting so far.. Shota still looks so good!  I love how smart his character is in the drama :3

oops, so off-topic LOL.

mintwix

MMの弁護士。
Whaa. We are the same in regards to Code Blue. I watched the first season but never started on the second season either. Lol.

For the detective dramas, I've actually been watching the older ones from 2009-2011. My favorites are Boss (both seasons) and Mr. Brain. Mr. Brain had so many exceptional guest stars including Takeru Satoh. I just have to mention him just because he is so OMG (*$&^)*$W)*%#W(*&%W@@!!!. LOL!!!! SQUEEES. I feel a bit guilty because I haven't properly watched Rurouni Kenshin yet even though I had introduced the film in this forum.

I also love Matsuda Shota in the Liar Game series so I may just check his currently airing drama right now.

My post is completely off-topic. LOL.

Five more days till ep 11 ! <3