[JDRAMA] Itazura na Kiss - Love in Tokyo

x0unerthanlater

`my dragon's blood is blue`
I loved this show! The only other of this series I saw was Mischievous Kiss (Kdrama ver.) I didn't watch the Taiwanese adaptation. I think the J-Ver is great! Although the high squealing of outburst from Kotoko's friends were annoying. I thought the wedding part was cute also. ^^ If anyone has any other cute romcom Jdrama's to recommend please do!

fun

Expired Sarnie
Mintwix you are still alive!!! Are you watching the horrifying lakorn Cubic?

I still yet have not finish the first season. But I usually enjoy the second part more of the manga. So sad that we will never know the ending of the manga. Sniff sniff. I hope they pay homage like the Taiwanese version by ending where the manga author stop before she passed away. I still feel bitter toward the Korean version despite me liking the two lead.

ImQueen

sarNie Adult
fun said:

I still yet have not finish the first season. But I usually enjoy the second part more of the manga. So sad that we will never know the ending of the manga. Sniff sniff. I hope they pay homage like the Taiwanese version by ending where the manga author stop before she passed away. I still feel bitter toward the Korean version despite me liking the two lead.

Lol, fun. It's alright. You still got a lot of time. lol. I thought season 1 was great, and I'm also anticipating season 2 too. Now that they're together we're going to get to see more "spazz worthy" scenes! 

aikoden

♥DREAMER♥
Staff member
Can I cry?   :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :dance1: :dance1: :dance1: :dance1: :dance1: :dance1:

mintwix

MMの弁護士。
fun said:

Hi Fun. I think I watched/skimmed the first 3-5 episodes of Cubic but never quite checked back. I guess it's no surprise with UMA productions these days. It just reminds me how I could never properly watch Kon Ruk Luang Jai even though I love all of Ken and Janie's other works together. I actually wince when I try to watch them in Kon Ruk Luang Jai......

But I hear the ratings for Cubic were good at the least.

You know. I don't think I ever properly finished the first season of Itazura Na Kiss either. I sorta missed/winged thru the last few episodes. I have it saved on my computer though so I could probably watch it later.

It's only a matter of time now before they air the second season. I wouldn't be surprised if they air it next month.

x0unerthanlater said:
WHAT?! There's a season 2??  :shock2:
Apparently, the second season will be called Itazura Na Kiss: "Love in Okinawa." :)

fun

Expired Sarnie
Good, Cubic is not worth the time. If only I could read Thai (I recognize the first 3 K sounds: chicken, egg and person), I would read the novel. 

I think I have time to squeeze this in and finish this. But I have no idea which episode I left off on. Funny how Jdramas are not that long yet I can't get myself to finish this.

mintwix

MMの弁護士。
It's mostly subjective but I think I know what you mean since I have a difficult time finishing them too. That is, I think it's because Japanese doramas are good but they aren't addicting. I have so many jdoramas on my external hard drive just waiting to be watched.

Then again. For a long time now, I have trouble finishing dramas in general.

fun

Expired Sarnie
Giving myself a round of applause for finally finishing this drama!!! Taiwanese version still remains the better version but I like how this Kotoko isn't as clingy. The only thing that bothered me was the transition of showing character growth. Kotoko didn't have much character growth.. okay Kotoko was eating about 90% of the entire show. But I like the Koreans when it comes to shoving food into their mouth. They are only one who really goes all out when it comes to shoving food in their mouth. I thought it was just a drama thingy but after watching plenty of variety shows, the Korean pig out just like in the drama. 

And yes there wasn't much skin ship. The kiss was appropriate. Nothing to write home about tho.

Anyways I am looking forward to the second season now. She's older now so I think the love making scenes would be more bearable to watch. 

ImQueen

sarNie Adult
fun said:
Giving myself a round of applause for finally finishing this drama!!! Taiwanese version still remains the better version but I like how this Kotoko isn't as clingy. The only thing that bothered me was the transition of showing character growth. Kotoko didn't have much character growth.. okay Kotoko was eating about 90% of the entire show. But I like the Koreans when it comes to shoving food into their mouth. They are only one who really goes all out when it comes to shoving food in their mouth. I thought it was just a drama thingy but after watching plenty of variety shows, the Korean pig out just like in the drama. 

And yes there wasn't much skin ship. The kiss was appropriate. Nothing to write home about tho.

Anyways I am looking forward to the second season now. She's older now so I think the love making scenes would be more bearable to watch. 

555. Right, Korean make a big deal about how they should eat . They always seem to make everything so delicious though. 
Like you @fun, I thought the skinships and kissings were alright and appropriate. Alright as in having a flow with the drama. The Korean and Taiwanese versions has more of that though. They know what we audience likes. LOL. 

fun

Expired Sarnie
Oh the Taiwanese version gave us plenty of fan service, especially in They Kiss Again. 

You know if I have never read the manga, seen the anime or seen any adaptation of this, I would have been really confused. 

ImQueen

sarNie Adult
fun said:
Giving myself a round of applause for finally finishing this drama!!! 

LOL. Yeh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hahaa. Took you a pretty long time. I thought I was slow, but I guess not.

fun

Expired Sarnie
I almost forgot about this. So they will be spending their honeymoon in Okinawa? If so, what's up with the Black guy? So racist!?! In most Asian dramas and films Black/African descendants are portrayed so negatively.

x0unerthanlater

`my dragon's blood is blue`
Jdramas are fun to watch but less addictive.
It was sort of difficult to watch the girl in here. She seems so young and her character is a little immature. But, for some reason I couldn't stop watching. It's special. I hope Part 2 is a step up from part 1. Looking forward to seeing more skinship.

mintwix

MMの弁護士。
Yeah. At first glance. Reminds me of Hana Yori Dango when Makino went to New York and was chased by some black thugs. There, you might be able to argue that black folks were being portrayed in a negative light. But to be fair. In this case, (if they follow the manga) the guy is actually trying to help Kotoko and Kotoko being Kotoko jumps to conclusion, gets scared etc. So in a way, here, it's not black folks being portrayed negatively. But rather ironically, if we assume the portrayal is a generalization, then it's portraying Asian ppl being ignorant. Or maybe it's just bc Kotoko is supposed to have very low iq. /brbrbrbrz

aikoden

♥DREAMER♥
Staff member
^Totally agree with you Mint :) It's Kotoko being Kotoko lol.

Goodness, I forgot how adorable they look together.  This season looks pretty well done too.  :3