Jai Rao(Makers Group)

raymond_obsessed

Just plain obsessed
Man, I'm owning pages here...I wonder if we'll still be talking in this thread long after the lakorn is over...I know JLR sisters spam like crazy...

But I know we'll end up seeing each other in other threads...I know I'll see Ceci at the Prajan See Roong thread...

Diamend

sarNie Oldmaid
i don't watch many ken lakorn so we may not see each other for a while after dis lakorn lol i meant dat chin sells his looks like a lot of other artists

amikrazie

sarNie Oldmaid
gosh nott does sound better when he sings..i dont really like how he sounds when he talks though..sound sorta too deep for me...but anyhow..

gosh when you guys mention bout selling your face...it actually doesnt sound good when translated into my language :lol: .. you know that saying louk mohk So... or translated, an embarassment to others...

ok So..wait til the end comes out..and if it doesnt go the way we all want..you can finish it off for us right?? :D

raymond_obsessed

Just plain obsessed
gosh nott does sound better when he sings..i dont really like how he sounds when he talks though..sound sorta too deep for me...but anyhow..

gosh when you guys mention bout selling your face...it actually doesnt sound good when translated into my language :lol: .. you know that saying louk mohk So... or translated, an embarassment to others...

ok So..wait til the end comes out..and if it doesnt go the way we all want..you can finish it off for us right?? :D
oh...ami didn't know diamend is khmer and vice-versa...I forgot to mention, to you guys...ami, diamend has a channel on youtube and her username is pich04, that's how i knew she was Khmer too...

Well, it's better than louk kloun, right? Better to sell your face than your body...

You must be a fan of my MVs like Ceci is then, huh? I'm dying to watch the rest of it...I have ideas for videos, and songs, but I just need to see the rest of it.

Like how Ceci and Kashie are Hmong...we're Khmer...

Diamend

sarNie Oldmaid
it's easy if u already know khmer but then it is hard for some khmer people lol. i learned through watching movies and listening to music and i learned to read it cause i was taught a lil when i was still taking khmer writing classes and then i went off on my own to teach myself. it's EASY AS SHIET cause da vowels are exactly da same and their consonants aren't as hard to remember as khmer consonants

raymond_obsessed

Just plain obsessed
That's what I'm trying to do by watching lakorns in Thai...I learned how to read and write Khmer when I was little too, but they never tried teaching us Thai, which they should've...I get what you mean, some of the words are so similar, that it knocks out most of the words...I wanna get to the point where I can understand and speak it well...how else can I communicate with Ice and Bie? I know English works for Ice, but I'd rather hear him speak English...plus, that means I would no longer need subs...and I wanna be able to go to Thailand fully understanding and communicating...it's bad enough I don't look very Asian, but I want to at least sound like one.

raymond_obsessed

Just plain obsessed
Chat with you later...my computer's being retarded...gonna go watch some American TV...man, Prisonbreak was soo good tonight, I so called it...well, if you watch, then I'd explain...but yeah, I knew something was gonna happen, and it did, I feel very proud of myself.

Diamend

sarNie Oldmaid
people keep askin me if i'm spanish and when i went to thailand erybody thought i was mixed white. i'm like i'm khmer and they go khmer and...? so then i have to say dat i'm part chinese for dem to believe dat i'm khmer LOL bie will probably ignore u if u try to speak english to him. dats what he did to dis one fan lol

pink_juliet_kashie

sarNie Oldmaid
i'm uploading it atm ja ..
so funny of how NOTT said. love the real him instead of his character :loool:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/jWw4f3hzxMY&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/jWw4f3hzxMY&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
Wah! my Tee Ruk smooths my heart with is voice :wub: ehehe..i will have to admit...he sounds betta than Ken
he sounded reallie good wen he sang the line "khon tee ruk gan mak mak" *heart*

although was it you So who said u re-watched the pra'ek pra'ek concert and saw Nott in there too..and he sucked...
lol seem like the tables turned...Ken sound real good during tat concert...not tat good now..but Nott is the opposite...

pink_juliet_kashie

sarNie Oldmaid
Like how Ceci and Kashie are Hmong...we're Khmer...
I guess I'm the only Khmer in here that doesn't know Thai...how do you know Thai? I'm talking to you, Ami and Diamend...
i tink picking up thai is prettie easy for some hmong ppl too
i mean i understand basically now like 50% of wat they're saying now
cuz i guess migrating to southeast asia...Hmong incorporated a lot of laos/thai
into our language..like pai = go... khao-kua = family...cee = color... a lot of hmong ppl
don't even know some of tose words aren't even hmong..it's Thai/Laos lol

Chat with you later...my computer's being retarded...gonna go watch some American TV...man, Prisonbreak was soo good tonight, I so called it...well, if you watch, then I'd explain...but yeah, I knew something was gonna happen, and it did, I feel very proud of myself.
wah..wat happened tat u expected...i liked today's episode too

i've only started like a month ago..had no knowledge of wat's REALLIE going on.
but so far i like it :lol:

cecilia

Staff member
^aish, kuv tsis nyiam saib hmoob pes muv vim thaib .. LOl

for me, it was easy b/c i live in thailand during my childhood year.
too bad, the writing part didn't stick with me. i got brainwashed when we came here.
my sister can read, but she don't understand LOL .. i ask my dad over and over again and again to teach me how to read laos/thai ..
but he keeps saying, we'll hire some teacher to teach you .. yeah right, it have been over a period of 5 years. and none lOl ..
someday, i'll go back and pay someone to teach me instead .. lol

funny thing is that there's quite a lot of khmer fans in here --- just like Hmong too ^^
i only run into a few thai fans ^^

Diamend

sarNie Oldmaid
yea deres lots of khmer/hmong fans at dis forum. u know what helps a lot? if u think in thai. it helps u form sentences better and faster. my spanish teacher gave us dat tip. to improve our spanish we should try thinking in spanish and so i did dat and it helps a lottt

amikrazie

sarNie Oldmaid
lol thanks for the confirmation..i kinda figured diamend was khmer i saw her in the khmer section...

LMAO yes louk mohk is wayyyy better than louk kloun...like some p'ek accuses the n'ek..

oh and to answer your question..i watched kon thai since i was 5 yrs ..and always been a fan of the thai language..i didnt go to any classes...heck i cant even attend the one for khmer ...i never finish my khmer courses lmao..busy fighting others...problem child...hahha more like a follower.

i learned thru thai dictionaries...phrase books countless and those grammar books...and my aunt had this teach yourself thai in 7 days..some of it help while some might leave ya all confused as ever... and yes its much easier to learn than the khmer language....we have way more consonant and vowels than thai...i cant even say nor remember all of them btw :p hmmm or if i want i can always go live with my cousin in SD ...shes picking up the language since she has to communicate with her cooks in thai...its funny she tried to get me to talk back to her in thai...when she came down on thanksgiving...she would speak her half spoken thai and i will only answer back in english...lol she even tried to convince her friend whos thai to speak to try to get me to talk back..but im insecure..my thai is still a bit flaky ..sooo until i am truly confident with it im sticking to our english language...however i will throw in a word here and there every now and then :)

so yep its self taught..not that great but i can read and somewhat write...and picking more as i watch more lakorns...now i only rent the khmer dub one for my mom...since its a hassle trying to sit there and translate it..like i did for JLR..good golly..and not to mention when korean dramas were out during full house arghhh..i also had to translate for her...had to read the subs...try to watch and translate all at the same time... :wacko:

cecilia

Staff member
^ami, that's too funny. remind me of my mom ..
she never likes thai lakorn until i got satellite too .
Nowadays, she would sit and watch exact lakorns and ask, do you understand what they say?
i'm like yeah, she's goes, then tell me what is it about ..
i then have to sit there with her and translate for her until the whole episode is done airing LOl

Diamend

sarNie Oldmaid
oh damn u actually read books on it? books are confusing lol i picked it up through watchin lakorn and movies. i picked it up perdy fast. and i learned a lot through lookin up words i dunno at thai-language.com. i have a lot of friends in thailand and they type in thai to me and i answer back in english cause i can't type thai. i bought a cd to learn and i got through 3 lessons one winter break and then i stopped cause semester started and then i just got lazy lol. it aint dat hard though. i just aint so great in spelling. i can read it like i can read english though. it's so easy. it aint like khmer where da letters have hair and legs LOL

cecilia

Staff member
i didn't watch this yet but i keeps hearing good reveiew ..
i saw the p'ek and he's so hot looking.
i try to go and buy the season at wal-mart while it's on sale but no luck ..
i watched smalleville and love it .. even crazy on the whole lana/clark couple ..

cecilia

Staff member
oh damn u actually read books on it? books are confusing lol i picked it up through watchin lakorn and movies. i picked it up perdy fast. and i learned a lot through lookin up words i dunno at thai-language.com. i have a lot of friends in thailand and they type in thai to me and i answer back in english cause i can't type thai. i bought a cd to learn and i got through 3 lessons one winter break and then i stopped cause semester started and then i just got lazy lol. it aint dat hard though. i just aint so great in spelling. i can read it like i can read english though. it's so easy. it aint like khmer where da letters have hair and legs LOL
^say what? hair and legs, for real .. :eek:

dia, you make it sound so easy, maybe this summer, i'll teach myself then LOl