I'm country

Kina

Dubsteppin'
I have never thought that my accent is so damn southern. Man.....people tell me all the time I have a southern accent, I talk like a southern girl.

Somebody told me at work, a customer - he's black and he was damn fine too! - he told me..."girl, did you know your accent is so southern."

It kinda shocked me because it was the first time I heard somebody tell me that. And it was like, a wake up call to the fact that I am country.

It don't bother me at all. Now, I know I am southern n country as it gets!

I never really used to have this accent because I used to live in California. I had that...I guess standard 'white girl' talk.

But hot diggity dawg! I am country, yezzerrrrrr!

noungning

Heartless
lol everyone has an accent, but some are thicker than others for example, new yorkers they have a very unique and annoying accent hahaha... bostonians also has an accent. californians have accents too. but some are more distinct that others.

KhoOnxNouxWanxJai

Staff member
I've been in tx for 10 years now and I kind of have the accent on and off... lol like when we went back to oakland to visit people couldn't tell I've been living in tx.. they thought i was from LA or San Diego, but they definitely didn't think I was from texas lol, but my friends people asked right away "you guys are from texas aren't you|?" LOL then when i come back home to Texas.. my friends are like ... how come you didn't have the accent in oakland! I have no clue why that happens >.< Oakland is my birthplace so I assume that has something to do with it

ohitsnoyyy

Mama Noy ♥️
haha. i guess i have a So-Cal accent. :lol: the whole, "Oh my gosh" white girl accent. haha. I have a friend who's from San Diego & she moved to North Carolina & now that girl is straight country! talking with an accent & all. I love her accent though. haha.

Oohhh i love the bostonian accent. it's sexy... lol

ChenrukNote

Goddess
Oh I love the North Carolina accent too. It's so cute: Muddie and Joey! Hmmm I wonder if I have an accent lol? Like Noy I get the whole you sound like a white girl from cousins. I'm insulted haha.

Kina

Dubsteppin'
ladyofdarkness: I live in TN and been here for half of my life - 11 years.

But FL don't have that country-ness, though....states like mine, Ga, AL, LO, NC and whatnot have that thick southern accent.

One accent I reallllllly like is the NY accent. It's so smooth and sexy when I hear, but I would be scared to hear a MAD NY'er talk loud cuz then it'll sound rough and mean hahahaha.

I wanna have a NY accent.....hmm....i try to imitate it but it's kinda hard for me.

ohitsnoyyy

Mama Noy ♥️
Oh I love the North Carolina accent too. It's so cute: Muddie and Joey! Hmmm I wonder if I have an accent lol? Like Noy I get the whole you sound like a white girl from cousins. I'm insulted haha.
haha. i'm used to it being called 'white' girl. lol. people form northern cal say i have an accent. i guess my the asian accent... :lol:

But FL don't have that country-ness, though....states like mine, Ga, AL, LO, NC and whatnot have that thick southern accent.

One accent I reallllllly like is the NY accent. It's so smooth and sexy when I hear, but I would be scared to hear a MAD NY'er talk loud cuz then it'll sound rough and mean hahahaha.

I wanna have a NY accent.....hmm....i try to imitate it but it's kinda hard for me.
Oh the NY accent is hott! i love the way they say 'sure'... haha. so different from how califorians say 'sure' :lol:

nina07

sarNie Adult
Haha, yeah i love how NY people speak ^_^

I live in Texas though, but where I live theres usually more mexicans than american people but when i do see them, they always have an accent. lol.

lady0fdarkness

Professional Lakorn Watcher

Most part of Florida does have the "country-ness." :D

I lived here for over 12 years and I've pretty much seen it all. There are many rural areas here where you've got all sorts of people residing there ranging from hillbilies to blacks to red-necks. Some red-necks still have the confederate flag posted in front of their houses. And I hear the southern accent all over the place.

Liberty

sarNie Adult
:lol:
Texas is the deep, deep south. hehe Any deeper and we'd be considered Mexico. :p Okay, so technically we were at one point.
I've never been told I have an accent, except that I've been told I sound like a white girl. lol That could mean a lot of things.
I have a Texas accent though, but it's only with certain words.

It's not that those states have a "deeper" southern accent, it's just that their accent is different, more difficult to understand doesn't make it deeper. lol
But yeah, what Lome said, there are people in Florida with southern accents, they are considered the south too. I've heard Florida southern accents before.
You can usually tell which part of the south someone's from by their accent, it varies, no matter how close the state is.
Lousiana is easy to pick up -- they sound Cajun. Oklahoma and Texas have slight differences, but think old western movies and you usually get a Texas accent.

darvil

sarNie Adult
I don't know why but this thread makes me grin.

I've went thru alot of "accent" problems. Hell when I was young and lived in the states for two years, people called me fob.

Unfortunately for me, fob accent isn't viewed as sexy.

Kina

Dubsteppin'
Rhode Island's accent is a lil more bolder than inner NY isn't it?

Oh yeah, another accent is people from like....St. Louis. Like this girl who works with me, she's originally from St. Louis. When she says CHOPSTICKS, it sounds like chApsticks lol