how do I burn videos with subtitles which is an srt file?

goodgurl272

sarNie Elites
I want burn some of my videos but I also have subtitles that goes along with them. How do I burn it with the subtitle showing up. I use nero express by the way for my burning videos.

darvil

sarNie Adult
goodgurl272 said:
I want burn some of my videos but I also have subtitles that goes along with them. How do I burn it with the subtitle showing up. I use nero express by the way for my burning videos.
[post="56397"][/post]​
There may be other ways but the way I do is to use VirtualDubMod. Its a rather simple process but might be complicated for some people. I was actually thinking about making a tutorial on it.

Anyway I think I posted something about it on this same forum. Dunno where that thread is now.. Should have been pinned lol

I found the thread.

http://www.sarnworld.com/discuzz/index.php...463&#entry56463

goodgurl272

sarNie Elites
how do I convert the file?
sorry but another thing. I dont think I did it right. I cant seem to view it with the subs. really frustrating me.

darvil

sarNie Adult
goodgurl272 said:
how do I convert the file?
sorry but another thing. I dont think I did it right. I cant seem to view it with the subs. really frustrating me.
[post="58228"][/post]​
Forget about doing your asf files.

Just try to master it first. Do the other regular files like mpg and avi

Now you said "I can't seem to view it with the subs". Now I'm confused. Are you just trying to watch the video with the subtitles? or are you trying to PERMENANTLY burn the subtitles onto the video?

If its the latter.. tell me the steps you took.

goodgurl272

sarNie Elites
sorry, I meant to permantely burn onto it. okay first
I open the file.
then I go to filter.
next I click add text sub 2.23
so then I opend the srt file.
and now I dont know what to do.

edit//

I figures it out now! but right now its says dub in prgress. should I leave it or can I close it now?

edit again///
okay so I figured out I should leave it on. so can you tell me to convert it now please???

darvil

sarNie Adult
goodgurl272 said:
sorry, I meant to permantely burn onto it. okay first
I open the file.
then I go to filter.
next I click add text sub 2.23
so then I opend the srt file.
and now I dont know what to do.
edit//

I figures it out now! but right now its says dub in prgress. should I leave it or can I close it now?

edit again///
okay so I figured out I should leave it on. so can you tell me to convert it now please???
[post="58240"][/post]​
don't save it yet.. if you do the file will be freaking huge. After you add the sub in you will have to click on "video" tab and click on "compression" then you need to pick a codec you want to compress it with. I recommend you to use divx or xvid.

After you're done with that you also have to compress the audio. Click on the tab and click on "compression" if you can't click on compression then click on "full processing mode" first on the audio drop down menu. Then the compression should be clickable. After that you need to pick a compression. I use LAME. Click on 128 bitrate and 44hz

after you're done with that.. then save the file

xn2004

sarNie Egg
im having the same problem. can someone please help me out. how do you do the compression for audio

also how come afterward i cant see the screen only the sound?

JaM

1TYM hwaiting!
^thanks for the tutorial, but i think you wanted to post that in the ripping dvd section and not the burning video with soft subs section. :D thanks again, now i can learn how to rip dvds..^^

darvil

sarNie Adult
ouaher said:
I downloaded virtualDubMod but I can't open my file(srt file). Any suggestion or help?
[post="100076"][/post]​

Ouaher.. did you read that link I posted up above?

Are you trying to open the srt by clicking "file" then "open"?

If you're doing that you're doing it wrong. You're suppose to open the video file with VirtualDubMod then add the subtitle by using the filter.

Some other people talk about it up above this post.

read goodgurl272's posts

soutsada7

sarNie Hatchling
I've never liked the quality of hardsubs, so I actually author my own dvds when I want to watch my dramas on my standalone dvd-player...maybe you can try authoring dvds with the option of turning the subs on/off, much better than hardsubs IMO...thanks for sharing the tutorial darvil :D

rukD2B

Bai Yang [♥] Fong T. Xiong
how come i cant do it in Virtual Dub Mod? i can only do it in Virtual Dub..and it doesnt go too well...but i cant opens subs in Virtual Dub Mod and i go through the filters and all...

Linn

SarNworld Wonderer
Darvil said:
don't save it yet.. if you do the file will be freaking huge. After you add the sub in you will have to click on "video" tab and click on "compression" then you need to pick a codec you want to compress it with. I recommend you to use divx or xvid.

After you're done with that you also have to compress the audio. Click on the tab and click on "compression" if you can't click on compression then click on "full processing mode" first on the audio drop down menu. Then the compression should be clickable. After that you need to pick a compression. I use LAME. Click on 128 bitrate and 44hz

after you're done with that.. then save the file
[post="58296"][/post]​
when it say dub in progress...are we suppose to see subtitle along w/ the vid or no?

Edit:

I think I'm just going to give up on hardsubbing..

Edit:

like before...just when I'm about to quit....I get it now