How can you tell if a guy likes you?

beachboy777

sarNie Hatchling
good for you..happy for you then.. remember to be strong and be positive when things are going bad... it is what it is :)

No issues here but rather a detailed explanation of my confused feelings.
So, I've been with my boyfriend for almost four months now. It crosses my mind often that I feel like he spoils me because he doesn't want me to leave him. I hate that he does that because I don't know how he will be in the future. I like him and all but he's so stubborn! When I tell him not to do something, he does the exact opposite! Sometimes, I miss being single when I don't have to worry about anything but then this guy comes into my life and changes everything. He's met my family and they love him, especially my Mom! He's moving so fast that I don't even know what to say. I'm just afraid that he will change in the future so at the same time, I feel kind of guilty. He surprised me with a 5s and I accidentally found out that he is planning to get me a new car. I don't know how to explain this exactly but is he just playing with me or is he afraid of me leaving him?

beachboy777

sarNie Hatchling
My point of view.. from a straight dude. 
The bro is moving too fast! 4 months, and he is buying you a car. I learned my lesson many years ago.. I used to spoil my ex-girlfriend so much. Seriously, I regretted. I know this might sound like a turn off to many of you ladies out there. but I wanted to be honest.. I bought her all kind of stuff because I don't want to lose her at all, I thought she was my soul mate. We dated for 3 years and everything starting to fall apart when I went over board by spoiling her so much... to the point she got sick and tired of money throwing at her face.. Love shouldn't be about material at all... I was feeling insecure about myself, I was stupid enough to try to buy love.. Wish I can change back time so I can spend more time with her and show her the true meaning of LOVE. such as...

1. Learn to listen
2. Don't over spoil
3. Be positive
4. feel secure about myself
5.treat her like a princess
6. Don't be stubborn
7. put her second above family and friends, but God always first.
8. give her plenty of space.
9. communication is very important.
10. motivate one another
11. cook her a nice meal at least once a week
12. let her go out with her friends without jealous or argument.

sigh.. yeah.. now Im a change man.

cecilia

Staff member
I love your progress story and that ending part, if you're uncomfortable you should just tell him the truth. Nothing beats the truth, right?

Back to topic question - how can you tell if someone likes you? Hard to tell b/c people could just be flirting with you for fun.  I can't even tell myself.  Maybe when one confesses to the other? My motto, don't get too attached or you'll end up being hurt alone T_T

maimyang

keep on keepin’ on. ✨
This is what I have experienced with a much older guy than I: he would get really awkward around me. He’d also say nice things too and defend me. He’d be attentive and ask a lot of questions like he’s curious and is trying to soak who you are in. He’d look at you a lot. The look in his eyes tells you he’s highly attracted to you. He also respects you, thinks highly of you.

maimyang

keep on keepin’ on. ✨
A guy likes you when he tries to find ways to be around/near you! & if a guy likes you, he will make a way to make things happen :)