Hmongs New law

mongstaness

sarNie Adult
who made this law? i think that it's rather expensive cuz i dont wanna buy my wife for that much!!!! im gonna be usin my money for college, why shuld they try n make me pay 5 Gs....lol

YoUa

One Of Kob Big Fan
Well I think this is the best way to make people stay at their limit. If they don't have a limit, prices will never be negotiate. 5 grands, whether you are poor or rich, you should be able to afford it, parents should save money for their own goods. lol The husband have to give dowry which has been a tradition ever since what? our great great great great grandfather and mother. This is not called selling OFF your daughter. I don't know how that idea come up. lol But people have different opinion.

Mysty

sarNie Hatchling
shoot... I wasn't born with a price tag but still, I sure aint worth no $5,800. That's too cheap. -_-

I know its tradition... but still, I'm not some sort of cow or pig they can just sell off for that low amount.

This "law" is not even official anyway. Cause there is no way you can put a price on a human being. It's like a whole bunch of old dudes doing down a row of girls and going "you're only worth $500, and you're $3,500, and you, you might be worth $4000." ERGH!!!..

babe_girl

sarNie Adult
i don't really care, i mean no matter how much you look at it, it's not like you're being sold unless you didn't want to married the guy then that's different. but i mean you are willing selling yourself by wanting to be his wife right? then there's no problem what so ever.

danger

sarNie Hatchling
This is odd news! The bride price is your future husband's gratitude to your family. I don't think of it as selling you. I mean c'mon, when you get married yeah your parents want the dowry. But their gonna give it right back to you when you leave.

Think of it this way: They give you gold necklaces, money, car, clothes, blankets, pots, pans, they raised you, they provided the wedding and etc.....I mean, add all those up and their giving more than they get. So c'mon cut them some slacks!
Nicely said...but I really think that the parents shouldn't give a price for the son-in-law to pay...because now it seems like they're selling their daughter... instead I think it's the son-in-law who should be the one to decide how much they would want to give the parents...the money is suppose to only be like a gift for the parents to show them how much he appreciate them for letting him married their daughter...and I do believe this is how it used to be back in the days...

I believe this has changed because hmong people are really greedy..I think this whole thing about putting a price on the daughters happend in laos..because hmong people were broke back then so they needed money so they gave a price for the daughters...now in america..I believe it's because there's too many divorces so the parents want the son-in-laws to see their daughter of some sort of value to him...so he will not look at other women, but I don't think it really matters anymore to people...

I have an uncle who was married (don't recall how much he paid for his wife) and his wife went to work and cheated on him. He then told the white dude that he had to pay for his wife and made the white dude pay him 600 dollars I think...and that's the end of them...lol...now she's so messed up..all over the place after a new guy every once in a while...and my unlce is a bum...crazy and have no life now..lol..wat a life they had...

pajlis

sarNie Egg
I think i know why they r doing this. Because now old G r going to thailand and laos to marry all this young girls for a cheap price and they rather have their son get marry to a cheaper girl in thailand and laos than herein US. But most younger generation what to marry girls who in US and the old G only want to pay certain amount for girls in US. Now I think they are compareing our price here VS thailand and laos and that is how they got the price from.

babe_girl

sarNie Adult
Nicely said...but I really think that the parents shouldn't give a price for the son-in-law to pay...because now it seems like they're selling their daughter... instead I think it's the son-in-law who should be the one to decide how much they would want to give the parents...the money is suppose to only be like a gift for the parents to show them how much he appreciate them for letting him married their daughter...and I do believe this is how it used to be back in the days...

I believe this has changed because hmong people are really greedy..I think this whole thing about putting a price on the daughters happend in laos..because hmong people were broke back then so they needed money so they gave a price for the daughters...now in america..I believe it's because there's too many divorces so the parents want the son-in-laws to see their daughter of some sort of value to him...so he will not look at other women, but I don't think it really matters anymore to people...

I have an uncle who was married (don't recall how much he paid for his wife) and his wife went to work and cheated on him. He then told the white dude that he had to pay for his wife and made the white dude pay him 600 dollars I think...and that's the end of them...lol...now she's so messed up..all over the place after a new guy every once in a while...and my unlce is a bum...crazy and have no life now..lol..wat a life they had...
nicely say!

Who pass this law and where did this law passed? Because where I am from we hmong people have not heard of this law! keke... Ima from a small town; a state that many ppl assume hmong people dont exist there. Since we dont know it we still pick out dowery.
Many of the wedding that take place in my hometown in the last few years the girls have been FREE! keke... Maybe because we dont marry hmong ppl. Everyone here is too related and watnot. The only think that is not free is but never up to the parents is that when the daughter is FREE they alwaise either throw a ELEGANT American Wedding; Lao and even Thai. keke... Hmong weddings happen first then watever happens next. Its alwaise interesting to see wat each girl throws after they wed! keke...

if-only

sarNie Hatchling
i know it's stupid...... us girls with brains are worth more than that.... but my aunt told me that all that money that they "yuav" koj with mostly goes to the wedding so basically you just go with your groom dawb dawb xwm with the wedding gift...

stephanie

sarNie Adult
wtf??? thts gay!!! only 5000??? geeze! the girls parents should raise the dowdry price if she has a "good" education... like a college degree or something... especially with all the money they had to help her with... i'm not gonna let my parents collect 5000 for me! shoot! i'll be hella p/o!!! for reals!!! that's just gay!!! dont u agree??? if a girl has a good eduacation she should be worth more...