HMONG PROTEST!!!

natty

Chubs
lol muddie.. did you know that alot of forum members think that you wont know they made more then one account and post in the same forum with more then one account? we have that problem in spicy! and when we confront. they would say something like "that was my sister" :lol:

YM_gurl

sarNie Oldmaid
Perhaps he was not planning to take back Laos, but to help his people. Just because Bush is going to Iraq, it doesn't mean he is going to take away Iraq.....one of the reasons was because he wanted to help the people there. Think about it. You people have only heard one side of the story.

To those of you that keep saying VP is a scam for collecting all those money from our elders to feed his ass, go to your parents, relatives, or people you know that donated money to him and ask them if they were ever told about what he was going to use this money for. (FYI: my family was never stupid enough to donate money for the guy). The reason I said that is because all the people that donated money knew exactly what he was going to do with the money. They all knew he was going to use that money to get a piece of land in Laos so they can go back to live there. It was just a matter of time when and how he was going to do it.

Lastly, can we just leave this topic at peace until we hear both sides to the story? I am on neither side but I know that sometimes the FBI and the media can be wrong too. Remember that the undercover person that works for the FBI could be Hmong too and we all know Hmong people like to backstabbing each other.
i second what you said... :)

anti-hmong

sarNie Hatchling
i think the term "idiot" is adequate because only an idiot would sign up on a forum or make multiple SNs to say crap about individuals who have been here for years...lol...sheesh...get a life

lovebird_tmi

sarNie Hatchling
my question is: was there even a protest?

and in case anyone cares, Hmong ppl immigrated to Vietnam and Laos back in the early 1900's and before then. the Vietnam war occured in the late 1950's to early part of 1970's. (US official withdrawal in 1972 or was it 73?). what do you think Hmong people were doing all that time prior while in Laos? living peacefully in a country that they called home. THAT is why so many elders want to go back.

so yeah, GVP is responsible for Hmong coming to the US. without him, we'd still be living in peace, farming the land, being all innocent and happy. and the shocker? so many innocent lives would not have been lost.

so to that, i say to GVP and no one else: THANKS. thanks for recruiting young impressionable innocent men and children to be soldiers, thanks for showing them how to take up arms and kill, thanks for getting us involved in a war that was not ours---for a country that was not ours. and finally, thanks for showing me, not anyone else, but me, why i was right in my own mind, to not respect you... i don't hate you. THANKS!!

i'm just giving credit where credit is due. especially since some members have been so emphatic about this point.

cecilia

Staff member
^the protest is being captured and shown by ABC news .. in CALI tow, if that helps.

hahah, this is getting nowhere.. so many bashing when no one know the truth yet .. what we heard and seen are from the media side of story.we don't know the truth. maybe before we start to bash on him, we should investigate more and look deeper than what we think we can see.... we need to analyze this topic deeper .. not just grab and butcher it .. i can't belive some ppl can be so pathetic and expressed what they want to say about their PERSONAL opinion about him. Like my dad said, if you don't know anything, better let it be the way it is. at this time, you may say whatever you want, but what if things turn opposite of what you think. .. then you'll just end up making yourself look like a fool. so i think before we judge, we need to thinks deep... and stop all this hate words against him. ADMIT IT OR NOT, HE'S IS THE VISIBLE person that make way for us to come here. dont' have to show him or pay him respect, but you should be forever in debt of him for trying his best to help his ppl out...we do not have to show him all the respect, but we should admit the truth that it was him that make way for us to come here and live the american dream. If it wasn't for him, all of us would still be in laos/thailand suffering up til these days.. and just because your'e born and raised here, that doesn't mean, you're AMERICAN...YOUR PARENTS are the one that owe him debt and you, yourself owe your parent's debt which in term, you owe him some thanks too. so stop making harsh comments when you dont' even know what's going on. .. have a little pride in your group of ppl...

YM_gurl

sarNie Oldmaid
there's nothing we can do.. & yes i will always know & remember how i got to come to the U.S..

"if it wasn't for GVP, yes, i would still be in laos/thailand." -- going to the garden everyday, perhaps no education..& all the stuff..

so yah! i thank him for that, however if its true that GVP was gonna overthrow laos then what can i say. sent him to jail..

but if its not true. WTF?! let him be... :) GVP may not be sentence to life but probably a few years.. say.. 4years..

cecilia

Staff member
^it's hard to say, but you gotta to understand where he stands too .. if you were in his shoe, what would you do. you're the only one that have the power to do all these actions. you have MILLIOINS Of ppl believing in you.. what's your best bet when your friends turn their backs on you.. what would you do if you see your ppl that were left behind suffering NONSTOP!! .. what can you do .. i guess, if you put yourself in his shoe, it's a pretty tough situation to be in. but i do have a little faith that maybe all this could just be a mistakes. we never know the truth because this is the beginning.. we should wait and see how this case being handle as time goes by. as far as him overthrown tbe laos govt. .. i still find some explainable reason why it's just impossible to do it. There are so many logic errors that can be explain to this whole problems beyond what we see. thats' why, i think it's best if we should just leave it to the pro.. it's their job to search the truth .. in the meantime, we should just be calm and not worry about this. it's unfortunate that this will reflect on our group of ppl, but you know, it's not him only that will make us look bad...but keep in mind, one will always bring bad names to one own family. in this case, it does not have to be him, it could have been anyone of us.

ahs

sarNie Egg
This is exactly why Hmong people don't have a country.

You see Bush bashing all over the US, sh*t everyone hates his stupid ass..anyone with a brain does...but the whole point is you fake a united front to the rest of the world. Because good or stupid, he's it.

Anyone understand the concept? Perhaps is too hard?

Immigration issue....sh*t. Bunch of people protesting against a law that states they are here illegally, and f*ck they know it...they f*ckin snuck their way in....but hell they ain't leaving. They are demanding the law be changed.

I may hate VP's guts, but doesn't mean I'm stupid enough to go running my mouth about sh*t to outsiders, so that it can be used to paint a picture of Hmongs. Why? Because I am Hmong.

YM_gurl

sarNie Oldmaid
who cares if the hmong people don't have a country...it's not like we will someday... so yah.

be there to supoort... if u want to. :) if not.. oh well..

--- Monday the 11th of June.

Sacramento Courthouse
501 I Street
Suite 3-200
Sacramento, California 95814

Come support, if not .. raise your own concerns in this peaceful rally. There will dancing, singing, and fun in the sun, along with local and national authorities on standby. Bring your daisies and peace picketed signs.

jJenn, Kiana and other famous hmong singers going to be there..-- moneyINC... :)

cecilia

Staff member
who cares if the hmong people don't have a country...it's not like we will someday... so yah.

Sacramento Courthouse
501 I Street
Suite 3-200

Come support, if not .. raise your own concerns in this peaceful rally. There will dancing, singing, and fun in the sun, along with local and national authorities on standby. Bring your daisies and peace picketed signs.

jJenn, Kiana and other famous hmong singers going to be there..-- moneyINC... :)
thanks for sharing this .. i just find this promote funny .. ''DANCING, SINGING, AND FUN IN THE SUN'' .. i thought ppl are protesting .. sound like they're celebrating instead .. i think they should have do lecture and educate the hmong ppl and educate those outside the hmong community .. not doing things like this ..i mean, i support the idea 100% .. but sound like ppl's celebrating instead .. but oh well, it's a good things .. show good merit among us hmong ppl that no matter what, we will stick through thick and thin in time like this.. and that nothing can stop us from practicing what we feel/thinks .. :loool:

ceda_lee

sarNie OldFart
ummm...so your saying that this is the correct way of solving or helping the Hmong in Laos? Lets get missiles, guns, and destroy the sacred capital city of Laos, etc.

How can people make up their mind if it is morally wrong of doing thing and you know it too...it is just like saying let's support Hitler because he's doing something...

Regarding the comments you made about the $300 to $600 that it doesn't exist, why are people in this forum fully aware of this matter?
If you haven't read any of my comments, no where in here did I mentioned that GVP's decision to overthrow the Lao gov't was a good thing...however, I did said that I hope something good comes out of this...my point is that, regardless of what he does, people are gonna bash him...and if doesn't do anything, as a leader, he's gonna get bash...either way...

And I didn't say that the $300 - $600 didn't exist? I said I've never heard of it....and if it were true, then it's freaking ridiculous...and if it isn't then, people need to stop making this irrational accusations...BUT, what I did said didn't exist is the part of slitting people's throat for leaking out information about the payments! You read me wrong.

bebe

sarNie Hatchling
okay heres what i have to say

for all of those who protested-way to go for standing up for what u believe

for those who didn't- i would have done the same because i don't agree with violent acts no mater what the cause because the end is death and devastation. someone who acts violently to solve a problem is sinking to the same level of the people who did the vicious act to start it off in the first place.

personally hmong people came to the us because of the promised made to hmong people by the us for helping them in the Vietnam war vp just happens to be the one in charge at the time, if it was someone else the us government would have made the same promise because they needed us to fight for them. of course our elders want to go back to laos and thailand because that is were they were born and grew up for most of their lives if any of us were to get kicked out of the us we would want to come back.

stop arguing over whos right or wrong we just have to stick to tegether. just to let u guys know people look down on hmong poeple and oppress us is because they think we are barbaric and uneducated so if we continue to argue and not stick together then we are confirming that what they believe is true hmong people are barbaric and uneducated

can't we all just get along!!!!!

1-lUv3-y0u

Sticky Rice
OMG so the protest is today did anyone go?

Well about this whole thing I haver to agree that GVP did handle this problem the wrong way. By trying to take over Laos, I dont see how that would be of benefit to us Hmong poeple here in the US at all? I mean if he did do you think your parents would say "Okay now we have a country lets get the hell out of US and go to Laos!" No. Didn't think so. I have to say the protest is a pretty good idea but heck...does anyone ever pay attention to protests? Personally I think GVP should at least get some sort of pretty harsh punishment becuase his actions are basically....terrorism. I dont see why he can't just get over it becuase this happened over 30 years ago. Just let it go and move on becuase with all this it's creating a problem for us Hmong people of this generation.

MaiYaj

sarNie Egg

Sacramento Courthouse
501 I Street
Suite 3-200

I wanted to go but a little bit far away. So if you go, please posted or updated the information. I dont know about other peeps but I wanted to know about GVP's trial today. Let me know what happen at the court k. His is our father so we wanted to support him that his innocent. So please update if any of us guys know about the case. Thankz

YM_gurl

sarNie Oldmaid
i didn't go but my sis went...:) IT WAS A RALLY.. A PEACE RALLY.

she said there was hella people...mexicans and african americans were there to support GVP...yah!!!!!

some of the men wore hmong pantS..) :)

--- 9.8 MILLION GVP AND THE MEN PLAN TO BUY WEAPONS WITH WAS NOT TO OVERTHROW LAOS. BUT TO BE SENT TO LAOS, TO THE HMONG IN LAOS.. SO THEY CAN DEFEND THEMSELVES IN THE JUNGLE..

THAT WAS A GOOD IDEA, HOWEVER THE AMERICANS OVER EXAGGERATED (to magnify beyond the limits of truth; overstate; represent disproportionately) AND THOUGHT GVP WAS GONNA OVERTHROW LAOS.. WTF?!!!!!

I BELIEVE THIS IS THE TRUTH. ANY OTHER OPINIONS. :)

-THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH GVP TRYING TO TAKE OVER LAOS, I MEAN COME ON. THEM TEN, CAN NOT OVERTHROW LAOS?!!!

:)

suesan

sarNie Egg
"The arrest of General Vang Pao is welcome news to the government of Laos. A spokesman for the country's foreign minister said, "this is the news that Laos has waited for so long.'"
Lao government are so coward...why are they so scared of GVP..Are they scared that our hmong people will take Laos to be our country if GVP succeed. Why do they only depend on the US..Why don't they do it themselvs by saying that ..Oh let GVP go..We'll take care of him ourselfs...what a coward country...it so ebarrasing to take credits from other country and depend on other countryd to do the job...But it's not over yet, this is just the beginning...