HMONG PROTEST!!!

alby

sarNie Hatchling
Does anyone realized how rich this guy is? This guy basically gets money from the older Hmong who still believed that Laos belong to them (god knows why), go out and buy properties and turn around and rent it to the people who gave him money in the first place. This guy is loaded and living the life up until recently, so no I don't think he deserved respect and praise from anyone.

babe_girl

sarNie Adult

Give me a break! Fine. VP took a small part in getting the Hmongs to live in the US.
Period. There's no more bull to that. I didn't say I didn't care about the New Year, so
don't put words in my mouth. VP didn't save our people. If he really saved our people,
then why are there still Hmongs suffering in Thailand and Laos? US turned their back
on him to love their enemy? As I see it, the Thais caught the fleets that were shipping
VP's weapons. After that, VP was arrested. That's it. US isn't a part of this little thing.
In fact, why are you dragging them into this? The US is neutral in this state. It's just
you getting mad over this thing that VP got put in jail.

Don't say that without VP in our lifes, we wouldn't have the New Year. The people in
Laos are still having their new years. So are we. VP didn't help with the new years.
As I recall, my aunts and uncles had to fund for the new year and do everything for
it. Was VP there? No.

And what about our parents? My parents don't like him either. Just because he did
on thing good for your people, doesn't mean that you have to kiss his feet. VP isn't
all that great. My dad respected him very much, as I did too. But later on we grew
to know more about him. VP's a stupid and selfish man. You're giving him a title that
he doesn't deserve and nor has he earned it. He's the reason why we have the new
year? Heck no. If VP was the hero, then what would you call my dad? He fought in
the wars too. Are you calling him a hero? No, you said VP is our HERO. He's not.
He's nobody's hero, other than yours.

I don't think you know the true meaning of the new year. The new year is when we
celebrate the forthcoming year and we wish for the best. We celebrate the good and
bad times of the year that has passed. We wish for a merrier life than the one before.
We thank our ancestors. The new year isn't based on VP. Don't go around saying that
because we have VP, we have the new year. That's false. Think about. Are you saying
that when VP dies, we won't have a new year anymore? Before VP was born, we never
had a new year? That's just crap. VP didn't start the Hmongs, they started themselves.
i agree with you. i used to respect VP, but lately i just don't really care about him anymore and true without him the hmong new year can still go on. it's not him who made the new year, it's the hmong people themself, and also he wasn't the only one who fought in the war for the American, it's all the hmong people, so why only call him a Hero? i think without him we could still go on living. another is with all the money he spend on buying weapons, but not buy some foods and send it to the people back in Laos?

babe_girl

sarNie Adult
Does anyone realized how rich this guy is? This guy basically gets money from the older Hmong who still believed that Laos belong to them (god knows why), go out and buy properties and turn around and rent it to the people who gave him money in the first place. This guy is loaded and living the life up until recently, so no I don't think he deserved respect and praise from anyone.
yup and with those money he could at lest help out those people back in Laos. <_<

ceda_lee

sarNie OldFart
More...PLEASE READ!

The Laos plot thickens

Sacramento, California
US investigators now believe that an alleged plot to overthrow the Laos government by arms may have involved a former Wisconsin state senator and even a US congressman, but Hmong icon Vang Pao denied there was any such plan.

Many Hmong refugees wonder why they even left Thailand.

Vang Pao's lawyer said the general was innocent of all charges after his client's brief appearance in federal court in Sacramento on Tuesday.

"General Vang Pao has worked actively to pursue peaceful solutions to the problems in Laos and has disavowed violence," attorney John Balazs told reporters outside the courthouse.

Reports from the US said that at a community center in Fresno, dozens of Hmong immigrants who attended a Monday night English lesson fell silent as they absorbed the news. Several later said they felt sick and questioned why they had left their Thai refugee camp for California, if their leader, General Vang Pao, was in jail.

"I love my general. He is like my uncle," said a tearful Neng Vang, who regularly attends the nighttime language classes.

In contemporary Laos, Hmong people are still subject to detentions and human rights violations, according to the State Department.

Many recent immigrants arrive in the US still traumatised by war and decades of persecution, only to find that they are blocked from obtaining asylum or green cards under provisions of the USA Patriot Act, said Sharon Stanley, director of Fresno Interdenominational Refugee Ministries.

The Associated Press reported that the unnamed US congressman, as well as the California Highway Patrol known as CHP, apparently were unwitting parties that Hmong conspirators hoped to use to further their plans, according to court documents and interviews Tuesday with investigators on the case, AP reported.

A sworn affidavit from an undercover agent states that "probable cause exists to believe" that former Wisconsin state Senator Gary George was among those involved in the conspiracy.

"There is going to be a wealth of information we're going to be following up on," said Nina S. Delgadillo, a special agent with the federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives. "There may be other defendants - that's a strong possibility."

George has not been arrested or charged. Lo Cha Thao, 34, of Clovis, who once worked as an aide to the senator, was one of 10 people charged Monday in federal court in Sacramento.

The AP reports that George's attorney, Alex Flynn of Milwaukee, said the evidence in the indictment does not implicate his client.

"Gary George denies any allegations as defamatory and has as much interest in seeing the government of Laos overthrown as he does in the Klingons taking over the Starship Enterprise," Flynn told The Associated Press late Tuesday. "These allegations are preposterous."

George, 53, recently completed a four-year federal prison sentence for accepting kickbacks from a Milwaukee social service agency.

On Monday, federal prosecutors followed a six-month investigation by charging 10 people, including former Laotian military general Vang Pao and a former officer in the California National Guard.

Investigators said they may charge others as the investigation continues and they examine material seized from 14 locations across California, the AP says.

"We will go wherever the evidence takes us," First Assistant US Attorney Larry Brown said Tuesday outside a federal court hearing for four of the defendants.

He would not specifically say whether authorities were investigating the congressman, George or others referred to in the federal court documents.

Among those arrested Monday was Vang Pao, 77, a former general in the Royal Army of Laos who led Hmong counterinsurgents before he fled to the United States with thousands of other Hmong refugees after the Vietnam War.

Also charged were eight other members of the California Hmong community and a former California National Guard officer, Harrison Jack.

The 10 face charges that include violating the federal Neutrality Act by plotting the violent overthrow of Laos' communist government. A federal complaint alleges the men were raising money to recruit a mercenary force and buy $9.8 million worth of automatic weapons, grenades, rockets and shoulder-fired missiles.

The alleged plot unraveled because the arms dealer who was to supply the weapons and mercenaries was actually an undercover federal agent.

Investigators would not say how they believe George, the former Wisconsin senator, was involved in the plot. But Mark Reichel, the attorney appointed to represent Lo Cha Thao, said his client worked for George and two other Wisconsin state senators before returning to California about two years ago.

His client was recruited by the lawmakers after distinguishing himself with his work from 1994-1999 in a youth gang and drug prevention program run by the California National Guard, Reichel said.

Reichel said his client is innocent but said he and the others might have been trying to act to prevent persecution of Hmong who remain in Laos.

"The Hmong are being horribly slaughtered in Laos, and these individuals are aware of it," Reichel said.

The criminal complaint also refers to the alleged conspirators trying to get help from a US congressman, who is not named.

On April 12, federal investigators recorded a telephone call between Lo Cha Thao and Jack, a Vietnam veteran and retired lieutenant colonel in the California National Guard. They were discussing a conference call between national Hmong leaders and a congressman, according to court documents.

"Thao said that his group had been consulting with a United States congressman and had received advice concerning ‘under table strategies' from military personnel like Harrison Jack and an unnamed ‘CIA guy,'" according to the federal affidavit.

During a March 5 meeting at a Sacramento restaurant, Jack told the undercover ATF agent posing as an arms dealer that he had contacted a commissioner with the California Highway Patrol and arranged for Hmong leaders to help recruit people to become CHP officers.

The goal was for the Hmong officers, once trained, to eventually "abandon the CHP and move to Laos to take positions of trust in the law enforcement departments of the new Lao government," according to an affidavit attached to the criminal complaint.

CHP spokesman Tom Marshall said Assistant Commissioner Arthur Anderson was contacted and arranged a March 7 tour of the CHP academy in West Sacramento for Jack and 26 Hmong representatives, including at least four who now face federal charges.

"It was presented as an opportunity to recruit people from the Laotian community. We don't know about this other stuff," Marshall told the AP on Tuesday.

The CHP is cooperating with federal investigators, he said, but "there is no indication of any criminal activity on the part of our people."

Also Tuesday, the permanent secretary for the Lao Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Somphet Khoukahoun, said he would wait to comment until authorities were briefed by US officials.

The Thai government declined to comment before a verdict was reached.

"Thailand will not tolerate the use of its territory for any movement that undermines the stability of its neighboring countries," said Tharit Charungvat, a spokesman for Thailand's Foreign Affairs Ministry.

After fighting as US-backed guerillas in Laos, members of the ethnic minority were all but abandoned when the country fell to communist forces in 1975. More than 300,000 Laotian refugees, mostly Hmong, fled into Thailand.

About 145,000 members of Laotian ethnic groups have resettled in the US, establishing large enclaves in Minneapolis, Fresno and in cities throughout Wisconsin, a US State Department spokesman said.

The 10 men named in two federal complaints include beloved members of Central California's Hmong community. Among them were the founder of Fresno's annual Hmong International New Year celebration and a former police officer from the nearby suburb of Clovis.

YES! They're actually touching on the killings in Laos!

ceda_lee

sarNie OldFart
And more...PLEASE READ!

Laos must make peace with Hmong

Vang Pao's arrest offers Vientiane a chance to peacefully reintegrate the ethnic minority into its society

The interception by United States authorities of a plot by Hmong rebels, including General Vang Pao, to overthrow the Lao government by force probably put the final nail in the coffin of Hmong expatriates' dreams of liberating their people from alleged systematic persecution by the communist regime in Vientiane. Small remnants of anti-communist Hmong guerrilla groups are still believed to be fighting a sporadic jungle war against Vientiane. Laos has alleged that Vang Pao and some Hmong expats in the US had, on several occasions in the past, raised funds to finance raids against Lao government positions from staging areas inside of Thailand, an accusation denied by Bangkok.

The arrest of Vang Pao, a warlord who led a secret army backed by the US Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) to combat Lao and Vietnamese communist insurgents until the end of the Indochina war in the mid 1970s, and eight other California-based Hmong by US authorities on charges of violating the US Neutrality Act, coincided with an improvement in Lao-US relations in recent years.

The US re-established normal trade relations with Laos in 2004 and has since expanded cooperation in economic and social development, including technical assistance and development grants, as well as engaging in a joint campaign against drug trafficking.

After the fall of Laos to the communists in 1975, the Hmong ethnic minority who fought alongside the US-backed royalist regime of the time was abandoned by retreating US forces in 1975. More than 300,000 Laotian refugees, mostly Hmong, fled into Thailand and most of them have since been resettled in third countries.

As court proceedings get underway in California, the prosecution team will produce further evidence to substantiate the charges against the alleged anti-Vientiane plot by Vang Pao and other defendants, including one former US national guard officer.

While the US action that may have pre-empted an alleged coup attempt against a country with which it has friendly ties is to be commended, the international community should not turn a blind eye to the well-documented plight of ethnic Hmong at the hands of the Lao government.

Thailand, which currently hosts some 7,700 ethnic Hmong who claim to have fled persecution in Laos in recent years, should not use the case against Vang Pao as a pretext to unburden itself of the Hmong refugee situation through the forcible repatriation of those now living in a holding centre. Thailand, which is getting impatient with Hmong asylum seekers, has begun the forcible repatriation of ethnic Hmong to Laos.

By cooperating with Laos and sending Hmong asylum seekers back to a country where many of them will face harsh punishment or persecution, Thailand also benefits by improving its economic and trade ties with Vientiane. But the Thai government must be reminded that it is supposed to live up to its obligation to uphold the human rights of ethnic Hmong who have sought shelter on its soil.

The Lao government - which is getting closer to removing the thorn in its side regarding the Hmong question once and for all thanks to the helpful actions of friendly countries like the US and Thailand - should at least let go of old grudges and show magnanimity toward the Hmong, who make up the biggest ethnic minority group in the country. Every attempt should be made by Vientiane to bring the Hmong back into the fold by adopting more reconciliatory gestures, particularly a willingness to respect these people's basic human rights.

Any repatriation of Hmong asylum seekers must be made on a voluntary basis, and returnees should be accorded proper treatment and their basic human rights must be respected. The international community must make sure that the Lao government's promise to respect the ethnic Hmong minority is verified by impartial observers.

More than three decades have passed since the end of the war and both the Lao government and the Hmong should put the painful chapter behind them. Latter generations of innocent Hmong should not be punished for the actions of their ancestors. Laos should learn to be at peace with itself.

nkaujhmooblauj

sarNie Adult
you people are missing the point here: LAOS NEVER BELONGED TO THE HMONG PEOPLE... WHAT IS THERE TO TAKE BACK?

babeyelmo

sarNie Hatchling
i'm not a fan of VP
but i just think he's okay...
Joey said it all i agree with her
and he is not a hero to all the parents

one question!
is it true that VP and some of his troop killed
that one hmong teacher like wayyy wayyy back then?
not sure if someone has brought up this topic
it was that there was these 2 hmong teachers back then in Laos
or what ever and they were working on Hmong letterings
then some of the teachers student has just brought back the lettterings
and my uncles and some other people are actually learning them right now

babe_girl

sarNie Adult
one question!
is it true that VP and some of his troop killed
that one hmong teacher like wayyy wayyy back then?
not sure if someone has brought up this topic
it was that there was these 2 hmong teachers back then in Laos
or what ever and they were working on Hmong letterings
then some of the teachers student has just brought back the lettterings
and my uncles and some other people are actually learning them right now
is the one hmong teacher who lives in Thialand or Laos? if it's that one i heard about it.

kikiy916

sarNie Juvenile
First of all i want everyone to take this serious...Are We HMONG? i BET most of us are, so be RESPECTFUL!

All i'm saying is that...you're only thinking about yourself having fun at the New Year...but what about our PARENTS? General Vang Pao is really their HERO...our parents knows the truth and their are real fact behind his background...they are the one to prove his innocence...he really is our HERO. If he is not that important to you, turn around and asked yourself? How did you us HMONG exist in AMERICA. the whole nation knows it...you and I have nothing else to say...PERIOD. Without General Vang Pao...the new year ain't FUN, ENJOYABLE, NOT WELCOME, not RESPECTFUL from others...for example to the other non-hmong who comes every year. I am respectful to honor this BRAVE LEADER.

jUST TO LET YOU ALL KNOW...WITHOUT gENERAL VANG PAO IN OUR LIFE....EVEN IF THE NEW YEARS IS STILL RUNNING....NOTHING REALLY REPRESENTING US HMONG....IF YOU HATE HIM THAT MUCH THERES REALLY NOTHING ABOUT THE NEW YEAR YOU SHOULD CARE ABOUT...AND WHY SHOULD WE CARE ABOUT OUR HMONG NAME WHEN WE HAVE NO PRIDE IN YOURSELF, FOR US PEOPLE, AND FORMOST OUR GENERAL.
FOREVER GENERAL VANG PAO WILL BE IN OUR HEART AND FOREVER MORE OVER AND OVER THROUGHOUT EACH GENERATION.
FREE GENERAL VANG PAO...HE WHO SAVED OUR PEOPLE BUT MOST THE U.S. CIA....LOOK WHAT HE'S DONE AND NOW U.S TURN THEIR BACK ON HIM TO LOVED THEIR ENEMY.

I BELIVE SO TOO...FREE HEM...
LYKE U SAID WITHOUT HEM IN AMERICAN
NO ONE WILL NOE US AND RESPECT US.
PLUS WATS THE POINT OF NEW YEAR WEN WE DONT HAVE
A LEADER THERE TO SUPPORT US HAVE FUN AND BE PROUD OF US.[HMONG]...
REAL HMONG PEOPLE SHOULD STAND UP FOE UR OWN PEOPLE.
{F..K THE ONES THAT DONT STAND UP FOR THEMSELF AND THEIR PEOPLE...}
........................I STAND FOE OUR HMONG PEOPLE.......
AND OUR HERO GENERAL VANG PAO......

if-only

sarNie Hatchling
I guess this moment in history is going to decide just how strong the hmong community is? Will together we stand or divided we fall?....

nkaujhmooblauj

sarNie Adult
fun? you think vang pao brings entertainment to the new years? i don't. he just gives some long ass lectures. and some boys and gurls wait hours to greet him at the gate.. for what? he walks pass you like he's all that... no. i don't think so... i had to do it one year.. and i was like.. fawk this.. it's boring..

i don't know how those "innocent" girls can sit on the stage and listen to all the bull.=S

mongstaness

sarNie Adult

Give me a break! Fine. VP took a small part in getting the Hmongs to live in the US.
Period. There's no more bull to that. I didn't say I didn't care about the New Year, so
don't put words in my mouth. VP didn't save our people. If he really saved our people,
then why are there still Hmongs suffering in Thailand and Laos? US turned their back
on him to love their enemy? As I see it, the Thais caught the fleets that were shipping
VP's weapons. After that, VP was arrested. That's it. US isn't a part of this little thing.
In fact, why are you dragging them into this? The US is neutral in this state. It's just
you getting mad over this thing that VP got put in jail.

Don't say that without VP in our lifes, we wouldn't have the New Year. The people in
Laos are still having their new years. So are we. VP didn't help with the new years.
As I recall, my aunts and uncles had to fund for the new year and do everything for
it. Was VP there? No.

And what about our parents? My parents don't like him either. Just because he did
on thing good for your people, doesn't mean that you have to kiss his feet. VP isn't
all that great. My dad respected him very much, as I did too. But later on we grew
to know more about him. VP's a stupid and selfish man. You're giving him a title that
he doesn't deserve and nor has he earned it. He's the reason why we have the new
year? Heck no. If VP was the hero, then what would you call my dad? He fought in
the wars too. Are you calling him a hero? No, you said VP is our HERO. He's not.
He's nobody's hero, other than yours.

I don't think you know the true meaning of the new year. The new year is when we
celebrate the forthcoming year and we wish for the best. We celebrate the good and
bad times of the year that has passed. We wish for a merrier life than the one before.
We thank our ancestors. The new year isn't based on VP. Don't go around saying that
because we have VP, we have the new year. That's false. Think about. Are you saying
that when VP dies, we won't have a new year anymore? Before VP was born, we never
had a new year? That's just crap. VP didn't start the Hmongs, they started themselves.
hey joey i agree with you that VP isn't the only hero, but VP was the guy who made an agreement with the US. The US made an agreement that if we fight in the viet war with them, they will protect us from the others. however! hmong people are being killed in laos and US is nowhere to be found defending us. US did the same with that HO CHI MINH guy. US made an agreement to support Vietnam during WW2, but guess what happened in Vietnam war. US sided with France to take over Vietnam and stop communism, even tho HO CHI MINHs attempts were not communistic.

don't really mean to set an argument, but you have to see the US facts and history...

rukD2B

Bai Yang [♥] Fong T. Xiong
Our Hero again. Yes, he's your hero, I don't know why.
Forgive me for my sarcasm. I'm not really looking for a fight.
I'm just saying. Without VP in America, I can pretty much
assure you that my kind will be known. Hmongs have advanced
very much now. Hmongs are everywhere. Without VP, no one
will respect us? Look again, dear. Look closely. It's VP's fault
that this thread started in the first place and just look at how
everyone is at each others' throats because of it. Because of VP,
we will have no respect from others. A leader there to
support us? You haven't met my dad, maybe you haven't met
your parents either. VP isn't by your side helping you through
and through. He's not the one that feeds you, he didn't give you
life, he doesn't guide you from infancy, to teenager, to adulthood.

So...I'm supposed to go fuck myself now because I won't stand up
for a lame guy who tried to ruin his people's reputation? Famous.
I've never heard of such. It's more like Fuck VP for doing this
gay act
. I'm not standing up for myself? Actually, if you're
reading, I'm standing up for myself right now, and my opinions.
And the fact that you've just insulted me and I'm still here talking
to tell you why I'm not going to back up some guy who almost
put my people in danger. I care about my people, you don't.
I don't want any missiles dropped in on my grandparents. I haven't
even met them yet. And they better be there at my graduation
party or else VP will pay for it. Real Hmong people should stand up
up for their beliefs, not for one Hmong who made a wrong choice.

I can't remember who posted it a bit ago, VP is getting so much money.
I mean, how much did he use for those weapons again? Nine million or
billion? If he really wanted to help Hmongs, he would donated the money
to them so they could better their lives. Instead, he goes off and buys
weapons to kill Laos. Oh wow. Bravo for that. Not. Damn, I'm repeating
myself over and over again. What this act will only do is cause Laos to
get annoyed by VP and they might even drive the Hmongs out of Laos.
Now what? Hmongs are going to be homeless? If that happens, I hope
all of you are happy about it. I know I wouldn't. Guilt loves to eat me up,
and this will surely cause me to hate myself for thinking that VP is right
just because he's Hmong and I'm Hmong.
---Er...No offense, but that would only be stupid.

And you girls or guys that keep protesting and all about saying that we
should protest, blah, blah, blah. Maybe you should protest too whenever
you get into a fight with some other Hmong chick. I see that happen all
the time. Maybe I should protest too whenever some Hmong chick gets
into a fight, even if I hate her guts. I mean, she's Hmong after all, right?
You guys are just writing words to be erased. Still, no offense. ^__^

Hi Chewy (mongstaness)! I haven't talked to you in so long! LOLs.
Nah, you're not arguing with me, nor is anyone else. Even if the girl that
said fuck something, something, something offended me. But anyhow,
like I've said before, if the United States didn't accept the Hmongs into
their country in the first place, that contract by VP and the US wouldn't
have even happened. VP was only there to represent the Hmongs and
scribble on paper. That's all, as I see it. Don't hate me. T_T

ceda_lee

sarNie OldFart
There's no REPUTATION to be ruined...it has already been! We're never famous for anything...H-M-O-N-G was never a big thing...

Whatever GVP does, not everyones' gonna be happy with him...if he gives away all those money back to the Hmong community, how much will 9.8mil make a difference??? Let's say if he wants to provide health care for all hmong people, 9.8 mil isn't gonna do it...nor will 9.8 mil buy housing for everyone...Then again, if he doesn't do something about Laos, then people will bash him about not keeping his promise and that he was all talk??? You see?

anti-hmong

sarNie Hatchling
some people have mentioned the fact that because we are hmong we should automatically respect VP...that's the biggest BS i've ever heard...why the hell should i respect some greedy little bastard who was trying to take over land that wasn't his?...why the hell should i respect some idiot who killed thousands of innocent lives?...in that case, i should respect hitler too...actually, if that was the case...i should respect hitler more than anyone and worship him as my God...because he managed to almost wipe out one entire race...now that's someone to respect if you're gonna respect a greedy bastard...

as for having the new year because of VP...dude, people need to get some sense knocked into them...as far as i know the hmong new year celebration came into existence way before VP had ever existed...ugh, someone please pass me a baseball bat!

dude, ARE YOU FREAKIN SERIOUS???!!!...do you lack that much confidence in your hmong people?...and here i thought hmong people were the greatest human beings to ever grace this earth...tsk tsk tsk...i pity you...i guess i'm a not REAL hmong then...and i should F myself and others who are not REAL hmong...man, some people...lol...i seriously think you need to think before you make stupid comments...lol...you think stupid comments will make other people view hmongs in a positive light?...sheesh...as for him being "OUR HERO"...how the hell is he a hero?...he didn't do shit...like others have mentioned before...he ain't the one who sponsored my family and i to get here in the US...he ain't the one providing for my family and i...he ain't the one protecting my family and i from crap...hmong people say he's done all this and that for the hmong people but i haven't seen any shit he's done except for leading the hmongs into their deaths...WOW, HE IS A HERO!!!!...you know what...on second thought...i should be thanking him because he's killing hmong people and he's bringing out the stupidity in them =)...THANKS VP!!! PEACE :dude:

rainie_vang

sarNie Juvenile

Oh really? What does that matter? Nothing, to me. And I'm Hmong.
VP doesn't give a crap about coming to North Carolina and cutting
that stupid rope for my New Year festivals. Heck, we don't even
have that little cheesy rope-cutting thing. I don't think that matters.
Just because VP and I are Hmong doesn't mean we should stick
together and support each other. I'm not going to support someone
who tried to attack someone else's country. That's stupid.

then think why you're here in the US in the first place...if it weren't
for GVP and those people who fought in the war...some are still in laos..
...the laos gov't && the US doesn't give crap about the hmong
that are still in Laos..they said they even regret signing the treaty to
bring us to the US...