Hardsub movies

anna

sarNie Juvenile
does anyone have the full version to where i can dl to hardsub dramas?
and steps how to do it with a program?

JaM

1TYM hwaiting!
are you asking for links to download hardsubbed dramas? or are you asking for a program to make hardsubs? If it's the program that you're asking for, you need to use VirtualDub. I think that program is available on the program list, so check it out there. :D If you're asking for hardsubbed links, they can be found anywhere, depending on what you're trying to find...but for dramas, silentregrets has a lot of them.
http://silentregrets.com/

anna

sarNie Juvenile
lol ^^ i should have been clearer ahahah...
well like u know a program to hardsub a movie....like u have these subtitles or want to make subtitles..and u put the subtitles into the movie..like u hardsubbed it...

rukD2B

Bai Yang [♥] Fong T. Xiong
What are you asking for? How to hardsub a VDO? Or how to make subs? Or for a hardsubbing program?

anna

sarNie Juvenile
oh srry, im asking for a hardsubbing program...and how to make subs, maybe all three? cuz i dunno how and want to learn how

rukD2B

Bai Yang [♥] Fong T. Xiong
To hardsub VDOs, I use VirtualMod. It's free. As for the rest, I'm not sure. Maybe try AviSynth to make subs? I've heard that before, it's just that's too much work for me to do that so I don't. Other than that, there are few threads in this Office section of SW that does teach you how to hardsub a VDO. Creating subs, I don't know. Maybe look at the FanSub section??

anna

sarNie Juvenile
hmm..just that i don't understand a few things there...and that can't really figure abt the timing...

virtualmod? how do u use that to hardsub?

JaM

1TYM hwaiting!
To make soft subtitles, use a subtitling program, such as Subtitle Workshop, Media Subtitler, etc. If you need help using either of these programs, feel free to ask me.

To make hardsubs, you have to use Virtual Dub/ Virtual Dub Mod. Follow these instructions:
http://www.koreandramas.net/topic_541.html

:D

anna

sarNie Juvenile
Is Media Subtitler and Submux any good?
I only got Subtitle Workshop...

----EDIT----

thanks! ^^
but umm...what happen if we also want to make soft subs?

JaM

1TYM hwaiting!
^to make hardsubs with virtualdub, you actually need the soft subs first. So either way, you're gonna have the soft subs, just in a format that virtualdub uses (which is Substation Alpha with a .ssa extension). If you don't want to hardsub it and just want them as soft subs, save the subtitles as subrip with has a .srt extension.

anna

sarNie Juvenile
like to make soft subs...u make ur own soft subs.....how do i do that?
"Substation Alpha with a .ssa extension" may i ask what that is?

i can't really get the timing right...

gs

Sexy Back
ohh heheeh never try that too much work but u can try this site

videohelp.com

JaM

1TYM hwaiting!
like to make soft subs...u make ur own soft subs.....how do i do that?
"Substation Alpha with a .ssa extension" may i ask what that is?

i can't really get the timing right...
What I like to do is use Media Subtitler to make the subs. That program has this press and hold feature, which you just press and hold the subtitles for how long you want them to appear. Then I open them in Subtitle Workshop and make the timing more accurate.

Substation Alpha is another type of soft subtitles just like Subrip, but instead of the extension of the file being .srt it's .ssa. When you save the subtitles, you should choose to save it as substation alpha if you want to hardsub it onto a video, according to the directions that were on that link that I gave you earlier about making hardsubs.