Gunman open fire at Northern Illinois University

genkers

sarNie Juvenile
its scary how in this day in age where we have advance technology we have so many insane ppl like that

none3

sarNie Hatchling
its scary how in this day in age where we have advance technology we have so many insane ppl like that

That's exactly true, you'd think advance technology would improve humanity but instead it's deteriorating us inside and outside as a person. We've become quite lazy and we just don't care about anything and anyone. Every man/woman is out for their own benefit. This generation is called the "apathy" generation (only my opinion). Our Social Capital has and is now slowly depleting over time. hmmmmm... :unsure:

~Sandy~

Memories with Oil from his U.S. Tour in Nov 2009!
I only live 30mins away from NIU. Fortunately no family members of mine are attending there this year. But I know so many ppl that go to school there. It's really sad. And so close to my home.

Liberty

sarNie Adult
Yup saw it yesterday on the news.
A lot it happening lately.
Didn't mention why he went crazy like that.

ijohn

sarNie Adult
sadly we have become a nation of one "what i do only affects me and when im falling behind,,, less empathy for everyone but me... i get attention in this mad world killing everyone and everything but me with my climb to the top in a nation that sees only one,,, me!!!" these are the model words for a nation lacking in tradition and family honor,,, in a nation we accept everyday when we fail to act with less compassion for life trying to succeed!!! :(

Liberty

sarNie Adult
sadly we have become a nation of one "what i do only affects me and when im falling behind,,, less empathy for everyone but me... i get attention in this mad world killing everyone and everything but me with my climb to the top in a nation that sees only one,,, me!!!" these are the model words for a nation lacking in tradition and family honor,,, in a nation we accept everyday when we fail to act with less compassion for life trying to succeed!!! :(
I don't think it has much to do with tradition and family honor.

A lot of these school shootings are people who've been bullied to the point where they snap and can no longer see the difference between right and wrong so they decide to take things into their own hands. It's not an excuse but a product of society.
I won't say all those school killings were students who got bullied though, some simply had other problems, most likely mental, like the UT sniper.

Either way it's sad how common it's becoming.

Thookatha

sarNie Elites
My aunt's restaurant is across street from the university...

90% of her customers are the students from that university. I can't imagine what would happen if the shooter had gone into some "local hangout" (hence, my aunt's restaurant) and opened fire...