Good Movie

Kelly

I know Site you can watch HD movies with subs I'll post it tom. On my phone nowdon't remember it by heart.

phatman

POPE's #1 MIA LUANG
Good movie? :scratchchin:  :scratchhead2:

I just finished rewatching Maine Pyar Kiya and it's definitely a GOOD movie. I've fallen in love with Salman all over again. Well, I should say Prem. HAHA. Bhagyashree was beautiful as Suman, she's got that glow that I rarely see in BW actresses. 

I'm currently rewatching Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge and it's a GOOD movie too. 

Other GOOD BW films that I can think of now (in no order):
Maine Pyaar Kyun Kiya?
Kuch Kuch Hota Hai
Lagaan
Devdas
Kabhi Khushi Kabhi Gham
Lage Raho Munna Bhai

mia07

Introvert
Ahh I miss Salman in the old days so I listened to his old songs in his movies. Dil Deewana frm MPK is a classic song, but the dance moves made me chuckle. lol. Dostana and Barfi is good. =) I watch them on Netflix.

phatman

POPE's #1 MIA LUANG
-ohMAIVdarlin' said:
Ahh I miss Salman in the old days so I listened to his old songs in his movies. Dil Deewana frm MPK is a classic song, but the dance moves made me chuckle. lol. Dostana and Barfi is good. =) I watch them on Netflix.
Me, too. I'm currently watching his hit movie with Madhuri and he just looks so cute. Now he's....um, no comment. Haha.

mia07

Introvert
phatman said:
Me, too. I'm currently watching his hit movie with Madhuri and he just looks so cute. Now he's....um, no comment. Haha.
I've been a pretty loyal fan of his and follow his works and news even up to now. He may not be as handsome back then but hes aging well and still looks good to me. I want to see him in another movie but strictly love and romance, no action cuz honestly these days, its all about action and its starting to get on my nerves lol I am praying that his upcoming role as Prem (again) and the film will turn out to be good. Cant wait for its release!

phatman

POPE's #1 MIA LUANG
-ohMAIVdarlin' said:
I've been a pretty loyal fan of his and follow his works and news even up to now. He may not be as handsome back then but hes aging well and still looks good to me. I want to see him in another movie but strictly love and romance, no action cuz honestly these days, its all about action and its starting to get on my nerves lol I am praying that his upcoming role as Prem (again) and the film will turn out to be good. Cant wait for its release!
I think the most recent film Of his that I watched is Maine Pyaar Kyun Kiya. Haha. He's getting too big and muscular for my taste.

mia07

Introvert
phatman said:
I think the most recent film Of his that I watched is Maine Pyaar Kyun Kiya. Haha. He's getting too big and muscular for my taste.
You call that recent? Lol. You should watch Bodyguard, Veer, Ready, and Dabaang. They are pretty good. I do go back and rewatch his older movies from early 2000s more often though.

phatman

POPE's #1 MIA LUANG
-ohMAIVdarlin' said:
You call that recent? Lol. You should watch Bodyguard, Veer, Ready, and Dabaang. They are pretty good. I do go back and rewatch his older movies from early 2000s more often though.
Yup, most recent to me. Haha.
Aren't those action films?? Like you, I don't like Indian action films. I love SRK, but haven't seen a single one of his actin films. Haha. We'll see, thanks for the recs.

mia07

Introvert
phatman said:
Yup, most recent to me. Haha.
Aren't those action films?? Like you, I don't like Indian action films. I love SRK, but haven't seen a single one of his actin films. Haha. We'll see, thanks for the recs.
The one that is mostly action would be Veer since it's a historical period genre. Others are more comedic with little actions. I have not seen any of SRK's recent films. The latest would be Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi which was 2008 lol. Somehow he doesn't seem to match action. I grew up watching him as the romantic type and thats probably how I will ever view him.

phatman

POPE's #1 MIA LUANG
-ohMAIVdarlin said:
The one that is mostly action would be Veer since it's a historical period genre. Others are more comedic with little actions. I have not seen any of SRK's recent films. The latest would be Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi which was 2008 lol. Somehow he doesn't seem to match action. I grew up watching him as the romantic type and thats probably how I will ever view him.
Haha. I don't like action, period.
Yeah, SRK has been doing a lot of action lately. His newest film is actually a romantic comedy. It's a pretty big hit, surpassing 3 Idiots in highest grossing film ever. However I didn't really like it. Don't understand how it became such a huge hit. There were a few funny scenes here and there, but overall didn't like the effects they used and just didn't enjoy SRK's performance. It's also pretty much a replica of DDLJ, SRK's hit movie from the 90's.

mia07

Introvert
Chennai Express or something like that? My sisnlaw says its okay. I'm looking forward for a romance one like in the old days. These newer ones lack the love btween the mains so I havent really watched any recent movies at all. I have yet to watch 3 Idiots.

mia07

Introvert
Funny how I just finished London Dreams with Salman, Ajay, and Asin and the nickname Salman gave Asin in the movie was Chennai Express. LOL. It's not a recent film, but I just seen it and I like it. Salman + Asin were really cute, especially Salman who tries so hard to get her attention, and the scene where she agrees to be his was cute as well follow by the song afterwards. It was a happy ending and I teared up a bit at the end. Good movie!

roselovesice

방탄소년단 x Bangtan Sonyeondan x JiTaew
I haven't been watching any Bollywood movies lately but I liked "Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani" starring Ranbir Kapoor and Deepika Pakudone. I thought it was cute and funny. :D I also recently watched "Student of the Year" and thought it was good, although I wish Alia Bhatt was a better actress. lol It wasn't the greatest movie, but I liked it. 

cecilia

Staff member
I like (I usually watch Bollywood w/my favorite but off lately, none are good so I tune elsewhere with random people who I hardly pay attention too .. so below are just some that i came across and love it.)

Love Breakups Zindagi
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XC8z4FrsKTk

AISHA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYDc1JQqduY

Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani
 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHNNMj5bNQw

Tanu weds Manu
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFMcZ5plAEI

London Paris New York
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBxw7SjL_V0

I'm anticipating Deepika and Ranveer's new movie 'RAM-LEELA' just b/c it's directed by Sanjay Bhansali
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQPfeinXxcA

mia07

Introvert
Same here.^ The only younger gen I like so far are Ranbir, Ranveer, Imran, Asin, and Genelia. I haven't seen any of Deepika's movies and she seems quite popular so might have to check out her movies. Oh I wanted to see LBZ cuz of Dia but not too fond of Zayed though. I guess I will just have to look around and see what interests me. Anyone seen Housefull 1&2? Good?

cecilia

Staff member
^I didn't like ZAYED KHAN either (i blame it on MAIN HOON NA) but he was great in this movie. I'm not a fan of DIA either but end up liking her in here as well .. both acted naturally as a couple in here for me ..

As for DEEPIKA, i'm a 50/50 fan of her .. she has some good movie and some aren't so good .. sometimes, she overact and sometime she's fine .. of all her movies, i like that one w/Ranbir up there and a little of COCKTAIL (even though i hate the script)

I'm 50/50 on Ranveer and Ranbir but i love love IMRAN! Sadly, he doesn't have that many great movies either 

mia07

Introvert
This movie is not awesome, but I thought it was pretty good. Came out last year of April. It's a musical, sad romance one. All the songs are sooo good (highly recommend to listen and dl them 'cause I sure did) but below are my most favorites. Shreya's voice is to die for - love love her tons! New singers Tulsi Kumar & Palak Muchhal are very impressive as well. First time seeing these two as leads. The guy is quite handsome and the girl is pretty cute, but her acting is only okay. Love the guy though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inEu2qQuGZ8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O73VTo57AlE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYKazZTTRRU

mia07

Introvert
cecilia said:
^I didn't like ZAYED KHAN either (i blame it on MAIN HOON NA) but he was great in this movie. I'm not a fan of DIA either but end up liking her in here as well .. both acted naturally as a couple in here for me ..

As for DEEPIKA, i'm a 50/50 fan of her .. she has some good movie and some aren't so good .. sometimes, she overact and sometime she's fine .. of all her movies, i like that one w/Ranbir up there and a little of COCKTAIL (even though i hate the script)

I'm 50/50 on Ranveer and Ranbir but i love love IMRAN! Sadly, he doesn't have that many great movies either 

I finished watching Cocktail the other day and I like it. I kinda agree on the script, but as a whole, it's watchable. I do enjoy the friendship they had, especially Diana and Deepika - they complete each other and when I first saw them, they look totally alike. This is DP's finest performance yet; when I try to go watch her other movies, I can't picture her as the conservative, shy gal so not sure if I can watch her other films. She needs another crazy, outgoing role 'cause she does it well. Tried watching Chennai Express but lost interest in the beginning cuz of overacting/exaggeration of the comedy scene.