Getting To Know Mark

Liberty

sarNie Adult
I watched Mart/Mark in Mur Dork Ruk Barn on youtube (can't seem to find a place that sales this on DVD that plays in the US) and was wondering, does anyone know who plays Ai Chai? I can't seem to find any information on that guy. He's the uber nice guy who keeps getting dissed by the women he falls for. He's kinda cute, in a cuddly puppy kind of way. ;)

nary

sarNie Egg
First of all i dont know if it was his comments or someone making those comments up about "white skin girls w/big eyes"!! all i wanted to say is no matter how fine or hot he looks when someone makes those kind of comments i find him a SHALLOW person. That just totally a major turn off!! Of course everyone has a particular attraction about the opposite gender but when it comes to colour i think its wrong. Cause u know there are a lot of beautiful ppl out there who loves dark skin example: Beyonce, Halle barry, Alicia Keys and many more. Like wat other commenters said he should of described his type of girl should of been her smile, eyes and most important personality. HMMM I WONDER!! IMAGINE IT WAS A GIRL WHO HAS WHITE SKIN AND BIG EYES BUT IS FAT WOULD HE STILL GO FOR HER?????? HMM IM JUS CURIOUS!!!

Liberty

sarNie Adult
First of all i dont know if it was his comments or someone making those comments up about "white skin girls w/big eyes"!! all i wanted to say is no matter how fine or hot he looks when someone makes those kind of comments i find him a SHALLOW person. That just totally a major turn off!! Of course everyone has a particular attraction about the opposite gender but when it comes to colour i think its wrong. Cause u know there are a lot of beautiful ppl out there who loves dark skin example: Beyonce, Halle barry, Alicia Keys and many more. Like wat other commenters said he should of described his type of girl should of been her smile, eyes and most important personality. HMMM I WONDER!! IMAGINE IT WAS A GIRL WHO HAS WHITE SKIN AND BIG EYES BUT IS FAT WOULD HE STILL GO FOR HER?????? HMM IM JUS CURIOUS!!!
I agree. But then again you have American actors who would straight out say that they like all types of women but "prefer" women with porcelain skin, which is the same as saying white/light complexion. *shrugs* To each their own.
It could've just been misquoted, I'm a reporter and I know stuff like that happens all the time, not so much with newspapers but when it comes to magazines, the writers or editors are more free about cutting certain parts out to make it seem as if the person interviewed is saying something different from what they're actually saying.

nophankh

sarNie Adult
Okay, I guess most of us are accustomed to the political correctness of the US, but Mart is from Thailand.
culturally, southeast asians prefer light skin girls because it represent high class. Being dark means you're a labor who works all day in the sun.
It's a culture thing. In america or some European country, it would be considered politically incorrect to say something like that.

It's not about race, it's about culture. I find it offensive too, but I understand the culture.

If he prefers light skinned girls so what, that's not nothing wrong with that. Some girls say this all the time, we like our dark and handsome.
I'm not really a big fan of Mart. His acting needs to improve, but he's watchable. I don't find him that attractive.

mercee

sarNie Juvenile
every guy with dimples are so adorable like him, dan, and joon. yes it's me i'm light skin and have big eyes, wow.

bugsy

sarNie Adult
lol, chill out on his "white skin, big eyes" comment. We all have a certain type. Don't lie.

And I just got done watching his lakorn with Ann. I must say...he's a cutie. But then I got kind of eww when I told myself he looked like an advisor of mine. lol.

KhoOnxNouxWanxJai

Staff member
about that light skin comment I don't think he meant it literally.... sometimes when questions like that are asked it's never fully clear... like if someone asked me "what is my type of guy" I'd say .... tall, abs *drools* and straight hair.... does that mean im discriminating against short people? LOL
my husband is tall i guess taller than me anyhow... doesn't really have his abs anymore.... and has very curly hair =/ LOL totally different from my type ... what I'm trying to say is... anyone can have a type, but it doesn't mean thats all they prefer... and Mart x333 so cute since Sao Puen with Noon S.

Liberty

sarNie Adult
Okay, I guess most of us are accustomed to the political correctness of the US, but Mart is from Thailand.
culturally, southeast asians prefer light skin girls because it represent high class. Being dark means you're a labor who works all day in the sun.
It's a culture thing. In america or some European country, it would be considered politically incorrect to say something like that.

It's not about race, it's about culture. I find it offensive too, but I understand the culture.

If he prefers light skinned girls so what, that's not nothing wrong with that. Some girls say this all the time, we like our dark and handsome.
I'm not really a big fan of Mart. His acting needs to improve, but he's watchable. I don't find him that attractive.
I see where he's coming from but I don't think him wanting a girl with light skin has to do with class, I think it's just preference.
I didn't think the white skin thing still applied in this day and age, especially when being "tan" is the new status symbol. People fly to exotic places and spend thousands a year just to get a tan and do god knows what else to themselves just to get a nice glow. I'm not sure how it is in Asian countries though but that's generally how it is in the Western world.