Financial Aid

Will/Does Financial Aid willing to help with Housing if a student goes to school Full-time? I recall that financial Aid help students with housing if they ONLY attend Private schools? What about commnity and universitys? Do they help? Jus a curious question!

I think they do. Financial Aid helped my roomies. ^_^ Just apply for it & see what the schools have to offer you.

ntxhais

sarNie Hatchling
It should help, if not even more if your at a public school. I got to a private school and it does help, just that its so damn expensive that you have to take out extra loan.

--You should go ask them to make sure, though im pretty sure they do help.

HuabNag

sarNie Adult
I am not sure about housing, but they give you certain amount of money if you are a full time students with that you can pay for your tution and housing. a lot times, one can just use the money financial aid provide to get through the next. My freshman and sophmore, I got enough to last me through out the semester after tuition was paid.

genkers

sarNie Juvenile
its liek hua says they dont give u moeny for housign buat htey give u certain amount and its up to u how u spnd it for ur education whether it be books or housing

CTR

The Realist guy here period
Financial Aid depends on your income and your parents' income as well. The maximum for the Pell Grant is about $4,500 and they have other smaller grants. Then you have state grants which varies from state to state. Then you have to account for any scholarships you might have earned. The main factor is your income and your parents.

If you plan on attending a community college then it will be enough to cover the cost of attending and possibly room and board.

If you plan on attending a public university then you should be covered. However, it depends on your income and your parents' income as well. How much state money you get as well.

If you plan on attending a private college or university then it will cost you. You will get some grants and scholarships but it won't be enough to cover everything. So you will likely have to take out loans. I am doing so right now. I stay at home so I don't have to pay for room and board at my school so I don't have to take out a big loan. Don't be scared of attending a private university due to the cost because you might be more comfortable at the private university than the public one.

Muddie Murda

smile...
It pretty much covered me. At first, it was just enough for my tuition, but then I signed up for a dorm, and I got more money for the dorm and stupid lunch plan that I was forced to get by the school. I wanted to take out a loan just in case it didnt cover, but my sister said to just ask her if it didn't cover. Err, I should have taken out the loan, I don't feel right asking for money. :D I was $500 short and by next semester, I moved back home because I didn't wanna ask my sis for money to cover that. :p My sis said I should have taken out a loan if I felt bad for borrowing money. Soooooo if you're like me and don't like to borrow ppl's money, take out loans if you need it badly (not just to spend for fun like my bro -_-).

well, if you have to take out a loan, you might get the type(subsidized loan) where they won't charge you interest until you graduate. so you can work over the summer or during that 1 month winter break to save up to pay for that loan.

and if you have a spending habit, tame it. ;)

bugsy

sarNie Adult
Whatever Financial Aid you get goes towards your tuition, room & board, meal plan and everything else. It's just a matter of if you get enough to cover it all. If not, you'll need to dig up some other resources.

When I was in the dorms, financial aid covered most of the costs for everything. But then again, within my fin. aid are loans...which sucks. O well.

And now that I'm off campus, I get refunds cause there's no more room & board fee so I use my refund for my rent fees. :D

It all depends on how much Financial Aid you're getting.

noungning

Heartless
Like most already said, u're going to get a sum of amount of money from the calculations of your income, spouse's if u have one, and family [mom and pops]...and the school determines where it should be paid out to, and if u don't have enough i'm damn sure they'll tell u to get a loan lol

when i was dorming, i only got half covered from financial aid and half were plus loans. pain in the butt, i was forced to buy a meal plan also when i dormed so that sucked very much. got out of dorming sophomore year, and it was less money for room and board... so the financial aid decreased... -_-

so 2-4th year, i had refunds, which i should've refunded back to the loans... but nope i took em out... shame on me, so now i'm drowned in debt. :(

do you really have to dorm? my friends & i found so many apartments near campus that was

1. cheap ;) it was a quarter of the dorm price. god. some girls found a damn house to rent that was equivalent to the dorm price. ^_^
2. had more space
3. close to campus :p
4. don't have to fight over laundry. dude. our whole building had only ONE washer & ONE dryer! <_<

this is just an alternative to think about if financial aid doesn't cover dorming for you. if it does, great. it's free. go for it.

noungning

Heartless
omg wow... ours was at least 4 washers and dryers haha.. and we had 300 ppl in the building. but didn't really have to wait for ppl... just had to wait for the clothes... hate laundry -_-

my particular building had hm... 2, 4, 6 people per room... some had 7 like mine.. overbooked. 4 rooms per floor... 4 floors... where's my calculator? :lol: i did my laundry about 3am while studying & sitting on the machine. it's all good. ^_^

noungning

Heartless
oh lol mine was just 2 per room, about 300 ppl, 3 floors, i think... 1st girls, 2nd boys, 3rd boys & girls... i was on 3rd. hated carrying laundry upstairs, was a pain!!