Favorite Bollywood Movie

lubsiab08

sarNie Hatchling
-ohMAIVdarlin' said:
For the females, I have three. My very first is Juhi Chawla. She is amazing and I always thought that she was the most beautiful Indian actress. I first saw her in Tum Mere Ho in Hmong Dubbed and became fond of her afterwards. It's also when I started liking her and Aamir together as well. She has really big, gorgeous eyes and a lovely smile. Next up, Rani Mukherjee. She is a really good actress and very beautiful as well. It seems like after she debuted and became known from KKHH, she was nearly the main female leads in all of YRF til other younger females came in, such as Katrina Kaif, Katreena Kapoor, etc... Although I haven't seen any of her movies lately, she is still in my good book. Last but not least, Asin Thottumkal. Out of other Southern actresses who came to Bollywood, I kinda like her more. I liked her since Ghajini.

As for the males, I don't really have a favorite because I like them all equally. There isn't a guy that I'm totally wowed over. I guess you can say it depends on the genre of the film that makes me like them. Kinda weird, isn't it?

You can call me Mia to avoid typing my whole username 'cause I know it's quite long and complicated. LOL. Okay, I watched EV, ETT, and Magadheera and if I was to rank them from best to okay, then it would be MDR, EV, and ETT so that should answer your question? =p As much as I like Salman, I was expecting a bit more from ETT. It seems kinda dull and there wasn't really a story in the film, although I do like the action. EV was a good film and quite funny, too. I wasn't expecting the French guy to fall for her. Sridevi's hubby and her daughter were such idiots - I wanted to strangle both of them.

Lastly, MDR. I really, really liked it. It was like watching Veer+Prem. Their past life was just sad. As they fall off the cliff and hoping Ram could have got her but didn't, it was heartbreaking. The action was pretty good and well done. The songs were good too, but I really liked the OST. Ram is actually attractive. Hehehe. Kajal is cute looking - she was really pretty as the princess. The villian guy wasn't too bad looking either. I like that Solomon/Sher Khan guy - he is funny. I was surprised to see Kim Sharma. I will try the other Southern films you mentioned now - hopefully they are as good. Oh, if you do follow his works, Ram will be making his Bollywood debut in the Zanjeer remake. I saw the original and it's good. Arjun Rampal was supposed to be in the film and play as his BFF, but darn, something happened so he no longer will be in it. Sad for me... *sigh

I like Rani too, she's one of my top actresses. Used to be a fan of Juhi, but not anymore. Asin she was good really good in Ghajini. After Ghajini I was looking forward to her upcoming movies, but now I dont. All her recent movies are mindless, w/ over the top actors and she has little to do just there looking glamorous. I didnt like Ready nor Housefull 2, so I didnt bother to chk Bol Bachchan and Khiladi 786 they both look crap to me.

I'm so glad u like Maghadheera too. It was Maghadheera that really made me more interested in south movies and of course due to Ram Charan I love his toughness soft heart character, great dancing skills, and his actions wow me. He's not bad looking either. I have seen 3 & 1/2 movies of him. However, I saw his latest movie trailer Nayak also stars Kajal the lead actress frm MDR. The movie didnt look too good I guess cause I can't stand the fighting squences. I hate flying fighting or matrix style it just looks so lame and unprofessional. It was his great action techniques and mr. nice tough guy that attracted me the most. Nayak action fails and movie didnt look interest so am not looking forward to. Nonetheless, I'll continue watching his movies. Definitely looking forward to Zanjeer. Yeah I heard Arjun was supposed to be the villain, but donno y somehow it fell apart. I prefer Arjun over Sanjay any day. By the way, if u love Maghadheera u have to check out his first movie Chirutha awww I just love his character in that movie. It's a great action, hate-love story too. Recommended! Let me know after u finish too.

lubsiab08

sarNie Hatchling
Sain said:
I just recently watched Vivah again. I'm sooo in love with Shahid and Amrita all over again!

I liked Ek Tha Tiger! In terms of acting, Katrina is not there but I love her appearance and presence. Salman was great as always! I really enjoyed it!

I love Fanaa!!! I have always wanted Aamir and Kajol to pair up since Ishq days and it came true! Their chemistry is beyond words! I sooo wish they will reunite again in the future but I doubt it!

I'm an oldie,

Aaina - One of my most favorite films of Juhi Chawla!
Kabhie Kabhie
Yeh Vaada Raha - I absolutely so love Tina Munim!
Chandni
Dilwale Kabhi Na Hare - I love loveee Rahul Roy!
Dil - Aamir and Madhuri!
Maine Pyar Kiya - Salman and Bhagyashree!
Deewana - Divya Bharti will always be remember! She's one of a kind!
Kuch Kuch Hota Hai - Salman's entrance in the film!
Karan Arjun - Shahrukh and Kajol!
Dil Kya Kare

I have way too many to name. I'll stop here for now.

Shahid Amrita they are just the best to me, damn filmmakers r so blind or hater to Shamrita. Ughhh

I can see u grew up watching those movies, so they are more fond to u totally understandable. I too love some of the movies u mentioned, but I prefer the newer movies. Chandani, Tum Mero Ho, Maine Pyar Kiya, Beta, & Dewaana are some of the classic Hmong dubbed that i love so much, though haven't seen the original versions. Like Dil and Aaina too.
Rahul Roy was such a hottie back then, my guess Dilwale Kabhi Na Hare is the movie ST. Universal production dubbed abt two best friends fall in love w/ the same girl. Love that movie too, can't believe Nagma the actress in that film was only 16 during that time damn she looks so much older.
Recently saw Khabhi Khabhi Hmong dubbed it wasn't that bad, good time pass movie.
Unfortunately Divya died at young age, she was grt in Dewaana. Her death was still a mystery. She was the upcoming rising actress, God taken her life too soon.

lubsiab08

sarNie Hatchling
Recently I watched Jab Hai Tak Jaan, Student of the Year, I didnt like JHTJ. I didn't feel any chemistry btwn Srk w/ Katrina and Anuska, which is a big let down when a film is known for epic romance and by the late Yash Chopra. Movie was dragging also. Hats off to Srk though for maintaing a younger look to match up the ladies.
I like SOTY, both Siddharth and Varun acted well and good looking. Alia she did a decent job, but the sexy/ spoil attitude image dont suit her at all. She's trying to hard to be sexy. It was grt seeing Sana Saeed aka lil Anjali from Kuch Kuch Hota Hai. I think Sana could have done Alia role better. Hope to see more of her in the future but something nice and different. SOTY has nice storyline and peppy music too a good film for the youth.
Kahaani was not my type of film, but a nice thriller the shocking ending leave me spellbound. Vidya was amazing, and all the supporting cast were great also.

You can watch new HD bollywood movies w/ english subs @ einthusan.com If u wanna explore some south films, this site also has it too.

mia07

Introvert
MM4ever said:
I like Rani too, she's one of my top actresses. Used to be a fan of Juhi, but not anymore. Asin she was good really good in Ghajini. After Ghajini I was looking forward to her upcoming movies, but now I dont. All her recent movies are mindless, w/ over the top actors and she has little to do just there looking glamorous. I didnt like Ready nor Housefull 2, so I didnt bother to chk Bol Bachchan and Khiladi 786 they both look crap to me.

I'm so glad u like Maghadheera too. It was Maghadheera that really made me more interested in south movies and of course due to Ram Charan I love his toughness soft heart character, great dancing skills, and his actions wow me. He's not bad looking either. I have seen 3 & 1/2 movies of him. However, I saw his latest movie trailer Nayak also stars Kajal the lead actress frm MDR. The movie didnt look too good I guess cause I can't stand the fighting squences. I hate flying fighting or matrix style it just looks so lame and unprofessional. It was his great action techniques and mr. nice tough guy that attracted me the most. Nayak action fails and movie didnt look interest so am not looking forward to. Nonetheless, I'll continue watching his movies. Definitely looking forward to Zanjeer. Yeah I heard Arjun was supposed to be the villain, but donno y somehow it fell apart. I prefer Arjun over Sanjay any day. By the way, if u love Maghadheera u have to check out his first movie Chirutha awww I just love his character in that movie. It's a great action, hate-love story too. Recommended! Let me know after u finish too.

I watched and just finished Chirutha and it was okay (I still prefer MGD). I mainly didn't like the movie because of the na'ek. The actress was pretty when you first see her in the film, but once you get to know the development of her character, she's annoying. I don't like how she acts. Basically, I just enjoyed the movie because of Ram and all the action. He's so attractive! Hehe. The storyline could have been better and their love story was lacking. I was happy when he slapped her; twice made it even more awesome. Hahaha. I'm going to watch all his films that he has finished filming thus far. I just can't wait for Zanjeer to come out.

Anyways, I think Sanjay is a decent actor. I really like him in the Munnabhai series because he match those kind of roles, but when he's pra'ek with younger actresses, it just doesn't suit him because of his look. I do like him and give him credits.

I have yet to watched JTHJ, SOTY, and Kahaani. Vidya is starting to grow on me because she's really pretty and pretty good in acting, too. I saw her in No One Killed Jessica, Salaam-E-Ishq, and Lage Raho Munnabhai. She makes a cute pair with John A from SEI. I may not watch JTHJ because I don't like how Katrina acts. Having a good actor with a not so good actress ruins the movie for me because it will lose that feeling between the chemistry of the main leads, but I do like the OST though. In ETT, I was just hanging in there because of Salman. I will see if I can find time for SOTY, but I'm definitely going to check out Kahaani.

cecilia

Staff member
I couldn't bring myself to watch srk/katrina .. FOR THAT one reason as well -- The two shared no chemistry.

As for SOTY .. it was okay -- not the best .. i blamed it on Alia .. she's so stiff and she's not n'ek material too. 

I like AIYYAA for the story and Rani was beautiful in there (though, she has age a lot in there)

Bieluvr

XiaojuXiyou
Haha, I have watched bollywood movies, but do not know the names of them and the actors or actresses, because i only watch them in hmong dubb. But there is this one i really love, and in hmong it's called Vim Kuv Hlub Koj/Because i love you, where the main girl got memory loss because her dad? purposely made joles in her boat. Then main guy takes her home and lied that she is the mother of three annoying kids, but she changes them.  Also, one where the main guy and girl got married and got into an accident causing main girl to be unable to have babies, so she told him to find soeone to have babies for them. Then one where the main guy and girl missed the train when they went to Europe and they had to get back together. These three are my favorite ones.

mia07

Introvert
^ The ones you mentioned should be Ek Ladka Ek Ladki, Chori Chori Chupke Chupke, and Diwale Dulhania Le Jayenge altho I don't remember DDLJ much so not sure if thats the one. They are good.

Bieluvr

XiaojuXiyou
Thank you ohMAIVdarlin', Those  were the right ones, I love them so much. Would you happen to know the one about the parents, where they loved each other a lot, but their kids separated them until the son that wasn't theirs came back from overseas and took them in. That one made me cry. Then there was this one where the main guy was the one from DDLJ, he had a girlfriend who went overseas or something, but he met main girl at their dance studio and she was so great at dancing that he wanted her to join their team. And he always whistles this one lovely song that he sang at a party. Could you please help me out with these, I'm definately in love with them. :)

mia07

Introvert
No problem. The first one is Baghban (Got the DVD and I totally love it! One of my top favorites.) and the second one is possibly Dil To Pagal Hai. I never seen DTPH, but the storyline is quite similar with same pra'ek so I think that's it.

cecilia

Staff member
-ohMAIVdarlin' said:
No problem. The first one is Baghban (Got the DVD and I totally love it! One of my top favorites.) and the second one is possibly Dil To Pagal Hai. I never seen DTPH, but the storyline is quite similar with same pra'ek so I think that's it.
The 2nd one is DTPH ... it's a YASH CHOPRA production .. i thought it was okay -- not the best ..

My all time favorite of SRK was DEEWANA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNo1JEGL5E

And my all time favorite of Aamir was Dil and MANN
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JGh2K_GIcM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOHMFjMlJwI

i have one too many MADHURI's movie ..
she's one of my all favorite actress ..

Bieluvr

XiaojuXiyou
Thank you very much! You are such a great helper. Haha, :) I also just found out the name of one of my other favorite called Pades, I Love My India. That was one of my favorites as well.

lubsiab08

sarNie Hatchling
-ohMAIVdarlin' said:

I watched and just finished Chirutha and it was okay (I still prefer MGD). I mainly didn't like the movie because of the na'ek. The actress was pretty when you first see her in the film, but once you get to know the development of her character, she's annoying. I don't like how she acts. Basically, I just enjoyed the movie because of Ram and all the action. He's so attractive! Hehe. The storyline could have been better and their love story was lacking. I was happy when he slapped her; twice made it even more awesome. Hahaha. I'm going to watch all his films that he has finished filming thus far. I just can't wait for Zanjeer to come out.

Anyways, I think Sanjay is a decent actor. I really like him in the Munnabhai series because he match those kind of roles, but when he's pra'ek with younger actresses, it just doesn't suit him because of his look. I do like him and give him credits.

I have yet to watched JTHJ, SOTY, and Kahaani. Vidya is starting to grow on me because she's really pretty and pretty good in acting, too. I saw her in No One Killed Jessica, Salaam-E-Ishq, and Lage Raho Munnabhai. She makes a cute pair with John A from SEI. I may not watch JTHJ because I don't like how Katrina acts. Having a good actor with a not so good actress ruins the movie for me because it will lose that feeling between the chemistry of the main leads, but I do like the OST though. In ETT, I was just hanging in there because of Salman. I will see if I can find time for SOTY, but I'm definitely going to check out Kahaani.

I really like Chirutha, I know the girl is annoying but I thought it was funny I enjoyed watching when they r together. Ram is such a real man w/ big heart in that movie. I agree the slap was very harsh but she deserved it. I love how he tortures her, it made her a better person and realized the love Ram given to her. I think if it was pure romance movie, then yeah their love need to be developed...but since it's actually abt his revenge on his parents. Anyway, u dont like the movie but at least u like Ram in it. :)

I have yet to see MB series. I dont mind watching an actor in a suitable role or as long as they play their character well. I think Kat needs to be versatile for ppl to respect her acting, but she's playing safe cos the audience loves her movies. Vidya is a brilliant actress, but her pair w/ John is ok. I like her most w/ Saif Ali Khan. I really like SOTY, recommend u to watch it and watch Kahaani for awesome performances and thriller.

mia07

Introvert
^ The only weird thing in Chirutha was how fast she fell for Ram when she hated him so much. When her father came looking for them, she stated she wants to marry him already when she just fell for him over night? Lol. Just thought that was weird. And, they could have had Ram killed his uncle for his deceit. I watched his movie, Orange and it was so weird. I understood the concept but I disliked the movie.

Definitely recommend the MB series. Totally worth it. I downloaded 3 Idiots but haven't seen it yet. I'm kinda iffy about Kareena's acting. She plays some roles well and vice versa. Have you see Agneepath yet?? I was half way there but stopped cuz I lost interest (could be cause I was watching late at night, too) lol. Grrr will try to catch up on SOTY and Kahaani cuz I'm trying to catch up on some C-Series as well.

lubsiab08

sarNie Hatchling
-ohMAIVdarlin' said:
^ The only weird thing in Chirutha was how fast she fell for Ram when she hated him so much. When her father came looking for them, she stated she wants to marry him already when she just fell for him over night? Lol. Just thought that was weird. And, they could have had Ram killed his uncle for his deceit. I watched his movie, Orange and it was so weird. I understood the concept but I disliked the movie.

Definitely recommend the MB series. Totally worth it. I downloaded 3 Idiots but haven't seen it yet. I'm kinda iffy about Kareena's acting. She plays some roles well and vice versa. Have you see Agneepath yet?? I was half way there but stopped cuz I lost interest (could be cause I was watching late at night, too) lol. Grrr will try to catch up on SOTY and Kahaani cuz I'm trying to catch up on some C-Series as well.

I saw Orange I didnt like it either, but love one of the song alot. Ram looks different and I love his styling very fresh frm his 2 previous movies I've seen.

I think u gonna love 3 Idiots, almost everyone liked it. Kareena was good the 3 idiots mention not they r superb especially Aamir. I thought he was too old to play a college student, but heck no he was the perfect choice lot's of ppl adore him. I will watch MB series, but do u have the good quality link?

mia07

Introvert
MM4ever said:
I saw Orange I didnt like it either, but love one of the song alot. Ram looks different and I love his styling very fresh frm his 2 previous movies I've seen.

I think u gonna love 3 Idiots, almost everyone liked it. Kareena was good the 3 idiots mention not they r superb especially Aamir. I thought he was too old to play a college student, but heck no he was the perfect choice lot's of ppl adore him. I will watch MB series, but do u have the good quality link?

I like what he wore in Orange - he was stunning. LOL.

-

I actually bought the first MB and then downloaded the second one when the site was still up. It's kind of hard to find some of the good movies online nowadays since MegaUpload had shut down. Hmmm... there's one on dailymotion. Quality is not that bad:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xah9j3_2003-munna-bhai-mbbs-1_shortfilms#.UQcbszfjHVs

For the second one, I can't seem to find it anywhere. Sorry...

phatman

POPE's #1 MIA LUANG
I finally took the time to watch 3 Idiots and I must say...it is one of the best Bollywood films I have ever seen. Kareena wasn't so bad, but I still wish the gal was someone else. Hehe. Just not too find of her nor her sis. Anyway...so change of my list...no, an update.

1. Kabhi Khushi Kabhi Gham
2. Kuch Kuch Hota Hai
3. Devdas
4. 3 Idiots
5. Large Raho Munna Bhai
6. Maine Pyaar Kiya
7. Maine Pyaar Kyun Kiya
8. Baghban
9. Kal Ho Naa Ho
10. Lagaan

sarasona

sarNie Hatchling
phatman said:
I finally took the time to watch 3 Idiots and I must say...it is one of the best Bollywood films I have ever seen. Kareena wasn't so bad, but I still wish the gal was someone else. Hehe. Just not too find of her nor her sis. Anyway...so change of my list...no, an update.

1. Kabhi Khushi Kabhi Gham
2. Kuch Kuch Hota Hai
3. Devdas
4. 3 Idiots
5. Large Raho Munna Bhai
6. Maine Pyaar Kiya
7. Maine Pyaar Kyun Kiya
8. Baghban
9. Kal Ho Naa Ho
10. Lagaan
you didnt watch
rab ne banadi jodi (dunno the spelling) i just loved it... the acting and the story is DAMN awesome..
student of the year ( just love the lead actor)..
dhoom (aishwarya and hrithik)
krrish(priyanka chopra and hrithik)