Ever had thoughts about commiting suicide?

Ever thought of suicide?

• Yes, once too many.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, once in a while.

• Yes, but a long time ago.

• Yes, but only once!

• No, never before.

• Total voters

Wai Wai Noodles

Egg Drop Soup ( ~ _ * )
LOL...thank you "Search" button :p

*Serious Mode*

Suicide is a selfish act that scars your loved ones after you've ended your own misery...

A teenage boy has done such a thing just few days ago...a belt wrapped around his neck and hung from a ceiling fan all because of love...

Can you take your own life because of one person and leave your parents mourning your death after they've found your body?

Does that mean you are in "love" or is it just plain stupidity as others thought? Is suicide a proof for "true love"...

It is our lives, but what we do in the end affects so many others that surrounds us...

Someone that young has so many options in life, but he decides to shut himself away and end this "temporary", but yet painful journey... :(

KhoOnxNouxWanxJai

Staff member
Blah If your perfectly sane I would think that killing yourself is pretty stupid...because think about it you should have no reason to kill yourself regardless of how many things you've gone through or how down you are or how much you love a person and they leave you...You should be strong.. because I know I've gone through a good share of b.s and crap and felt down to the lowest point in my life... But I've never once even contemplated suicide... My parents didn't put me on this earth to in the end think about ending... Even if you had parents that gave you up for adoption at birth... theres still no reason because for one thing they cared enough to let you live right? and also alot of people think about ... maybe they are just worthless or blah blah blah... thats all b.s also every life is worth something... Sorry If I offend some people.. But I'm very much against sucide because I've lost 2 friends to it... and although I love those 2 to death .. I still think they made a foolish,selfish,inconsiderate, and stupid choice...... *sighs*

Saifah

bite me x___
I admit that I have.... But once in a while tho.. when I feel really depress. But I dont think that I am anymore. I used to carve myself on the arm becuase i used to be soo mad at the world. I dont do it ANYMORE so DONT worry!! hehe!!

Wai Wai Noodles

Egg Drop Soup ( ~ _ * )
Tina, I agree! IF only some of these individuals would have a strong will to live and not give up so easily in life...

We all have problems, but just to a different extreme...

Some might argue that "Well, you dont understand because you're not in my shoes"...hmmm an understandable statement, yet it is never a good excuse to rob yourself of your own precious life...

Saifah, how mad can you be at the world to hurt yourself like that? Glad to hear that you've not use such method anymore to help ease your problem.

Toughing out these personal and rough experiences will sometimes make a person not only psychologically mature, but also emotionally ready for something worse...

Makes us become the strong individual that we ought to be...

KhoOnxNouxWanxJai

Staff member
Wai Wai Noodles said:
Tina, I agree! IF only some of these individuals would have a strong will to live and not give up so easily in life...

We all have problems, but just to a different extreme...

Some might argue that "Well, you dont understand because you're not in my shoes"...hmmm an understandable statement, yet it is never a good excuse to rob yourself of your own precious life...

Saifah, how mad can you be at the world to hurt yourself like that? Glad to hear that you've not use such method anymore to help ease your problem.

Toughing out these personal and rough experiences will sometimes make a person not only psychologically mature, but also emotionally ready for something worse...

Makes us become the strong individual that we ought to be...
[post="141543"][/post]​

yes ma'am wai wai!! Everyone has had there share of problems yet I don't think all of those people attempt or comtemplate suicide and the statment "you don't understand because you aren't in my shoes." I'm not going to lie and say I've never used that statement, but when I do use that statement I don't use it to justify suicide... And also if you think about I've seen some people in their lowest point and they still manage to fight... ..And the thing about people committing suicide over a boy/girl... its just plan stupid... think about it this way.. there are people who don't have homes, who has no food, who can't go to school, who are way less fortunate than many people and even they have the will to live!!
the one thing I hate most in suicide victims are these quotes...

"My parents don't ever let me go out and do anything, they just want to ruin my life they don't love me"

"I can't live without him/her they were my life"

"No one loves me theres no point in living"

"I cause nothing but problems. I'm the reason everyone argues"

"I was depressed .. I didn't know what to do."

Well lets go through those quotes in other words stupid excuses

1. Your parents put limitations in your life because they mean well and they don't want you getting hurt.. they are there to protect you because they love you. for ex.. my parents... They only let me go out once a month and they have make me come home before 7 pm unless im with a family member.. they call me if Im a few minutes late.. they call me during my passing periods at school and when I get off school they call to make sure if I'm on my way home yet or staying after to study.. they call me a hour after I leave the house towards school to make sure I'm safe at school.. Yes I get frustrated sometimes, but I do understand that they do that for a reason because they care

2. A boy or girl is no reason to ever attempt suicide.. and its b.s that you can't live without that person.. there are millions of others on this earth.. and if you just can't be without that person think about all the memories you have and keep those memories in your heart.. don't kill yourself.. because chances are deep down inside they are probably laughing at you... and enjoying the fact that they had that kind of control over someone.. They aren't going to come back to you.. and I if you do decide to commit suicide over a person make sure you succeed don't get half way there.. and then let someone find you because thats what I call an attention whore.. sorry ..

3. Your being naive... and selling yourself short.. You think no one loves you because you hide your emotions and you don't allow others to help you .. therefore its no one's fault.. its yours if you want help and want someone to listen to you then open your mouth and reach out for help and someone to listen.. and don't give that b.s about theres no one.. because you have family and friends..

4.Everyone argues with each other and not with you so how is it your fault? and if its about you then they are talking to each other about it.. not to you... so unless you can answer the question.. how did you cause the problems? then don't even use this excuse... and no its because they need to do this and that for me its not an excuse..

5.Like number 3 reach out to someone if you sincerely ultimately think that there is someone there for you try shelters and shrinks.. those are helpful people and resources use them...

hahha >.< Sorry this is one subject I feel really strongly about and sorry once again if I do offend anyone...

Wai Wai Noodles

Egg Drop Soup ( ~ _ * )
I'm glad that I've dug this subject back up...suicide is bad, but it alone brings up many interesting sub-topics such as Sarnies' perceptions...

Tina, yes, my quote above pertains to several other subject matter ; and yes, it can be use and has been used to justify many other biased judgement...

Some might be ashamed to tell others their sadness / problems, but you know what? Moping around in misery isnt going to make anything any better, especially when you dont seek and avoid others who are willing to help.

Let these failure and disappointment in life be a lesson learned.

There are many unfortunate individuals out there as you've already mentioned in your post above...

Even if others might consider and or look down upon them as the "scums" of society, but some of these individuals are striving everday to live their life to the ultimate best in comparison to their current status...

This world offers a variety of flavors, but dont let one ruin the taste of others...

KhoOnxNouxWanxJai

Staff member
Wai Wai Noodles said:
I'm glad that I've dug this subject back up...suicide is bad, but it alone brings up many interesting sub-topics such as Sarnies' perceptions...

Tina, yes, my quote above pertains to several other subject matter ; and yes, it can be use and has been used to justify many other biased judgement...

Some might be ashamed to tell others their sadness / problems, but you know what?  Moping around in misery isnt going to make anything any better, especially when you dont seek and avoid others who are willing to help.

Let these failure and disappointment in life be a lesson learned.

There are many unfortunate individuals out there as you've already mentioned in your post above...

Even if others might consider and or look down upon them as the "scums" of society, but some of these individuals are striving everday to live their life to the ultimate best in comparison to their current status...

This world offers a variety of flavors, but dont let one ruin the taste of others...
[post="141575"][/post]​

<33 you wai wai :wub: your my hero!!!!suicide is bad don't do it! especially if your religious I'm highly positive that many religions if not all frown upon suicide also...

anti-hmong

sarNie Hatchling
one of the better songs about suicide...

"how do you get that lonely" by blaine larsen

It was just another story written on the second page
Underneath the Tiger's football score
It said he was only eighteen, a boy about my age
They found him face down on his bedroom floor

There'll be services on Friday at the Lawrence Funeral Home
Then out on Mooresville highway, they'll lay him 'neath a stone...

How do you get that lonely, how do you hurt that bad
To make you make the call, that havin' no life at all
Is better than the life that you had
How do you feel so empty, you want to let it all go
How do you get that lonely... and nobody know

Did his girlfriend break up with him, did he buy or steal that gun?
Did he lose a fight with drugs or alcohol?
Did his Mom and Daddy forget to say I love you son?
Did no one see the writing on the wall?

I'm not blamin' anybody, we all do the best we can
I know hindsight's 20/20, but I still don't understand...

How do you get that lonely, how do you hurt that bad
To make you make the call, that havin' no life at all
Is better than the life that you had
How do you feel so empty, you want to let it all go
How do you get that lonely... and nobody know

It was just another story printed on the second page
Underneath the Tiger's football score...

bugsy

sarNie Adult
to answer your question....yes, once in a while. although i've never really attempted anything...just thoughts. and its soooo easy just to think up of such a thing, whether you want to or not.

i, too, dont like the idea of commimtting suicide but i can understand why people do it. Behind every suicide/or even every attempt, there is a story. And you may say "dont do it, there are many people who care about you such as your friends and family"....but some people may not have any friends nor family to call their own. it's a very sad world when there's no one there to even listen and you feel that you're the only one left even if you really arent. and even when you do have friends and family, it's easier said than done. Not all families are alike....there are good ones and bad ones....same goes for friends. I dont agree with suicide but it would be wrong of me to not sympathize with them (the suiciders) either.

If someone we know commits suicide, we shouldnt point fingers and say they're selfish....like someone stated before....the thought of just that makes us selfish ourselves. Instead, we should listen to the story and make sure nothing like that happens again to another. We're suppose to learn from these cases....not point fingers.

Wai Wai Noodles

Egg Drop Soup ( ~ _ * )
You know, I dont personally know the boy, but more of his parents...

Though, when I've found out about his death...I felt this sudden sadness that engulfed my thoughts / emotions...this is the sympathetic moments that you've stated, Bao...

Yes, the effects of social interactions...no friends, no families, or whatever does play a role and it also depends on how much it has impacted the individual's life...

I do agree on what you've said about things are easier said than done...we can only learn through others' and our mistakes...

Do you have loved ones that has committed suicide? Then, call me selfish for not wanting to lose any of mine or anyone to some cause / things that is not even worth or amount to a person's life...

For whatever reasons it may be, death is death...too much pain for the living people to endure.

It's like a sudden parting that can never be explained...it will always make you wonder...

Death is something we all cant escape, but certain ones can be prevented with our own potential power...the will to live for a better tomorrow...

L

lalalek

Man, i don't remember when i said it but my parents told me that i said it a few times when i was a deknoy......i was so stupid at that time, i was a triple threat i swear.....i got whatever i wanted too....my parents were really convinced with my words....i mean like i had thoughts not long ago too.......like how would it be like if i didn't exist in this world anymore but not to where suicide..heck no, my life is too precious for all of this....i haven't had my first foot popping kiss yet, i haven't confessed my love to him yet, i still want some degree's in school, Travel around the world, help out the 3rd world country, said i love you to my family, and met all of yall sarnies yet....see how much i have and want to do before i think stupid.....alotta!!!!!! okay for all you dookie people that think that way, that's not the solution in life....just having a cousin passing away cause of suicide is enough all ready....all you do is make it worser for everyone :wavecry: so play it safe kiddo's!!!! peace!!!! B)

fan

sarNie Juvenile
i had a really long post about my thoughts on suicide but something happen and now its gone... maybe ill write it up again later but after getting most of my feelings out i dont really want to go there again, but heres the jist of my opinion on suicide

i think suicide is stupid if its done merely to get attention, but i do understand why people commit suicide because they feel like they are at their wits end, ive been there, ive thought about it, i tried it, i was saved through a moment of clarity and im damn glad that im alive despite the good and the bad i face now.

suicide is a selfish act and theres no changing that. and yes it is selfish for those that are left to want those that commit suicide to remain alive despite the pain that person feels in life. the person that commits suicide doesnt understand the pain those they leave behind feels, the people who are left dont understand the pain the person who left felt...

everyone goes though shit, whether its a lot or a little, but its not the shit you go through that determines whether or not you are pushed to the edge and commit suicide. its the strength that you have within you, the strength that you find in the people around you.

with that said... im really glad that all of you feel so strongly against suicide and are not looking to it as an answer, and for those that have or do have thoughts of suicide, please remember that even though it seems like the world is shutting you out and that things never seem to go right... things do get better in life.

i think that the least we, who continue to live, can do for the person who has committed suicide, is to think about the life they lived, where it went wrong, what we did that didnt help and try to understand that they were in real pain. and instead of calling them stupid, to look around you and look at the people around you and try to do everything you didnt do before so that it doesnt happen to another person you love.

ok... so maybe this wasnt that short but it is considerably shorter than my first post

lyrics to a really good song by good charlotte called Hold On

This world
This world is cold
But you don't
You don't have to go
You're feeling sad, you're feeling lonely, and no one seems to care
Your mother's gone and your father hits you
This pain you cannot bear

But we all bleed the same way as you do
And we all have the same things to go through

Hold on if you feel like letting go
Hold on it gets better than you know

Your days
You say they're way too long
And your nights
You can't sleep at all
Hold on
And you're not sure what you're waiting for, but you don't want to know more
And you're not sure what you're looking for, but you don't want to know more

But we all bleed the same way as you do
And we all have the same things to go through

Don't stop looking, you're one step closer
Don't stop searching, it's not over
Hold on

What are you looking for?
What are you waiting for?
Do you know what you're doing to me?
Go ahead...What are you waiting for?

Don't stop looking, you're one step closer
Don't stop searching, it's not over
Hold on

Reagan

sarNie Adult
There is always someone to talk to if you feel alone or lost in this world or just add me on msn reagan1986@hotmail.com
I'll listen to anybody and try understand everybody, I wont bite =)

SunStar

sarNie Elites
i did think about it when i was in middle school...life was just horrible back then... my parents' were having trouble... my older sister was doing her own thing.... so the responsiblity of my younger bro/sis came upon me and it was too stressful at that time because they were all so young... i was only 14 back then... but now... LIFE IS GREAT... I'M HAPPY TO BE ALIVE...

poopympang

sarNie Hatchling
I did but onl once.. because my baby cosuin sliced her foot.. and it had this really big scar on it and she wouldn't hand me the knoe.. she was trying to stab me but i guess it sliced her foot.. and i was like this is all my fault.. i was really sad.. i wanted to die.. then..

i think all the people have once in their life think about that...maybe not yet....but it have one day that u think everythings are injust and the death is the best way...but it just on the moment....when i have 16 years old ...i remeber that i really want to do it...just jump ....because 2 of my friend find the death...i think it's my fault..maybe i was with them they don't have this accident.....but i don't khnow it still hjave something keep me against that....i think about my family and my life and i khnow that i can't go back just go on....it's just the life...and the life is precious...because if we decide to die we have to think to someone love us and what they think if we are not here yet....life is a really hard things but it make u stronger everyday, everytime...just go on and don't care about what happen in the future because sometimes the life is really short...just think that we are a lucky people to can live a long life .....and don't think short like my mum say....

st_nba

sarNie Juvenile
I never actually thought about committing suicide, but I did once think what would my family be like if I was no longer alive.

Life is too short to think about dying because eventually it'll happen.

STIMA

hm i think everyone is going to think about attempting suicide once in their life..
cuz you get down to that point where everything sucks and blah blah whatever.
o_o
now a days people suicide for all kinds of reasons..
boredom, they want a new life o_O, depressionn, prove something..etc. not goood.