Ever had thoughts about commiting suicide?

Ever thought of suicide?

• Yes, once too many.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, once in a while.

• Yes, but a long time ago.

• Yes, but only once!

• No, never before.

• Total voters

Muddie Murda

smile...
Now, to turn over and focus on more serious issues... =D

Have you ever had thoughts about commiting suicide?

I'm sure most people have.

Let's have this thread to help those who are in trouble...

Maybe not exactly suicide, but depression fits in well too. Maybe? lol
Yeah it does. ^_^

Do you have a story to tell? What are your thoughts of suicide. ETC....

-------------------------

The most common warning signs of suicide:
1) Suicide threats
2) Previous suicide attempts
3) Statements revealing a desire to die
4) Sudden changes in behavior such as withdrawal, apathy, moodiness, anger.
5) Depression, which may manifest itself in crying, sleeplessness, losss of appetite and statements about hopelessness, helplessness, and worthlessness
6) Final arrangements, such as giving awat personal possesions
7) Sudden appearance of happiness and calmness after a period of some of the charateristics listed above.

Contacting the family phsician can be a first step toward saving someone's life.

rukmos

sarNie Adult
I've never once thought of suicide because I feel that as times life can be bad, but you only have one time to live so live it to the fullest and make the bad times memories that you can fall on and fix the mistakes that have been made.

kitkat

sarNie Elites
well...i only thought about it a long ago...because when i was young, i hadn't get any attention from my families and friends...also got some pressures about telling me to get lose some weight and insulting me by calling me fat because i had an eating habit...umm...i tried to lose some weight for them but i can't...the more pressures on me causing me depressed thinking no one ever care about who i am..so somehow, the word 'suicide' came up on my mind and thought about it twice...realized it's not worth try then i tried another things like playing with my friends who care about me.

so when i looked back, i was like 'wow, i'm lucky to have a life.' :)

KawaiiTennyo

THE KT OF SARNIES
a long time ago .. i always feel worthless .. sometime but now im smarter hahah i dont want to kill myself when someone makes me feel that way i WANT to kILL THEM!!! ahhaha jp!! =P oh wait.. ::serious::

iluvnumandoil

sarNie OldFart
i think that the people who do commit suicide are selfish, they dont care about the people they leave behind, they are the one who truley suffers beacuse they're gone.

anti-hmong

sarNie Hatchling
Muddie MuRda said:
The most common warning signs of suicide:
1) Suicide threads
[post="39650"][/post]​
;) ...mean anything by that comment muddie?...lol...suicidal thoughts are good for the soul... :lol:

hmmm...have i ever suicidal thoughts???...more often than not...but i'd like to think that i've gotten over it now...haha...everyone's had suicidal thoughts at least once in their life...those that say they haven't are pretty much lying to themselves...especially those teen years when you think the world revolves around you and if things don't go your way you think the world is against you and by ending your life you'll be at peace...and everything that's bad will go away...suicide is a serious issue among teenagers and shouldn't be taken lightly...by ending your life...you're not bringing peace to yourself...you're bringing damnation to yourself...not only that...you'll be bringing unnecessary grief, anger, etc etc to those that you love and love you back...such as your family and friends...nothing in the world is ever bad enough for you to end your life in such a way...like the saying goes, "there's always a light at the end of the tunnel"...every bad thing that you've gone through or are going through...there's always something good to make up for it double time...don't think you're the only one in the lonely boat...there are others out there who are going through the same thing or even worse...the only difference is they decided to not let it stop them from living their life to the fullest...they decided to rise above everything and prove to the world that they are stronger than what they seem...so before you take that step...think about what you're doing and it's consequences

onestupidguy

もちつけバカピンク..
I come to realize i am too important to the world. The world needs me..

marduk

Sarnie Clown!
Here it is...my 100th post! I was going to save it to make sure it's a good post and not wasted away on something like "why is bologna better than salami?" or whatever. I figure this is something worth my while to write about.

Looking at suicides themselves is an interesting topic. Not a lot of species on this planet purposefully kill themselves so that the rest of the world can be a "better place." Sure, certain cells may undergo apoptosis and some spiders allow themselves to be eaten by their youngs, but there is a purpose for it. In all of the previous scenarios, it is done so that life will go on...which brings us to humans. Why would we purposefully destroy ourselves? Do we believe that by us leaving the world, it can be a better place? I can understand when someone intentionally sacrifice themselves so that others will live (as in the case of a war or something). In this way, it relates to other species. However, killing yourself for any other reasons just seem illogical to me. At the time, the suicidal person might actually believe everyone is going to be better off. I don't doubt that. But that kind of thinking is not right.

First, I think there's a difference between someone commiting suicide because of a chemical imbalance and between someone who is just going through a really rough time. Despite what scientology Tommy says, I do believe chemical imbalances are real. Heck, there have been studies through MRI that shows the brain pattern behaving differently when someone suffers from depression than from another who is just depressed (there is a difference people). I think a serious psychological problem needs to be addressed and it's not the one I want to get into right now. The one I want to talk about is suicides that occur when everything in your life is going wrong.

I saw someone wrote that all young people have thought about suicides at one point or another. I think for the most part, that is true. You rarely see that many elderlies who want to commit suicides. They may not be afraid of death, but they don't go seeking it. I think for a young person, the thought of the future is a scary thing. It might exhilarating in that anything could happen. But then again, it could also be scary in that anything could happen. So when things seem to spin out of your control and it seems that everyone is on your case for some stupid reason or another, you panic. I think the scary part is that most who think about killing themselves believe that they have no control over their destinies. And thus, they believe the only way out is to seek the only thing they can control - when they end their life. It is sad that this happens. Sometimes its hard for one to see beyond the horizon and recognize that days will not always be like this, that THINGS ARE NEVER AS BAD AS THEY SEEM.

In my life, I have had a close encounter with someone who committed suicide. While the grief that the person who committed suicide must've been enormous, it's nothing compare to what happens to those who were left behind. I may seem sympathetic towards those who commit suicides but I honestly believe that those who kill themselves because they believe life is beyond their control are complete COWARDS. I understand them, but I do not sympathize with them. It's easy for you to die. Once you're dead, the horrbile feelings are gone. But to those that are left behind, it sucks. Not only do they have to live with the guilt that the suicide might have occurred because of them BUT they have to overcome the void that you leave behind by your passing.

It's amazing how much a young adult can go through in life. A lot of people who are older don't seem to understand this. They probably went through the same thing but since they have lived longer, it all seems insignificant now and they forget. Anyone who has ever or will ever have thoughts about killing yourself, remember this - Things are never as bad as they seem. I don't want to go all karate cliche on you, but the sun does always shine after the rain and things will never stay the same. At this point in time, it might seem that your problems are too insurmountable to deal with but that's the thing I want to point out. If you can't deal with it, get someone to help you. There are probably a lot more people than you know who care about you. I doubt if you ever walk into a room and say "hey, I'm going to kill myself because my life sucks right now" that everyone will ignore you.

And to those who are around people who seems to have problems like this: remember that what most people want in life is just someone who understands. Don't judge. Don't condemn. Just listen. I don't mean the bs type of listening either. You can learn a lot by actively listening. I know I didn't do enough of that. But listening is important. Only then can you understand. That's all people really want.

-----------

I know what I wrote was a lot and I don't expect it all to be read. That's why I just want to include these quick thoughts. Suicides are a terrble by-product of human nature. It came out of something good, which are emotions. Despite what you think about your dog or whatever, I think humans are the only species capable of real emotions. It sucks that sadness is one of those emotions, but think about this. Will you appreciate the happy times in your life if you were never sad? When it comes to it, don't be rash when it comes to decisions about your life. Someone said it earlier. You only have one life to live. There are many possiblities where life can take you and I can guarantee you that there are some high points in there. And for those who think someone might be feeling this way, I urge you to at least see what's going on in their lives. It's amazing how often people lose track of their love ones' lives. And finally, to those who have ever experience someone close to them committing suicide, definitely remember this - It's not your fault.

Over and out.

anti-hmong

sarNie Hatchling
sheesh marduk...write a novel why don't you...haha...very philosophical by the way...lol...and i actually read every single word of it too...haha...like what someone said last night...stop sounding so smart and making the rest of us look like dumbasses...lol...

bAyBeExPaZzIoN

sarNie Hatchling
NO THATS JUS CRAZY...BUT MY FRENZ THOUGHT OF DOING THAT...SHE WENT THE HOSPITAL FOR BEING CAUGHT BY POLICE WEN SHE WAS IN THE OFFICE..THEY FOUND SUICIDE THINGS IN THERE...SHE'S A KB (KRAZY B*). THATS WHAT SHE'S KNOWN FOR..

noungning

Heartless
at a certain age. u feel like u lived enough... but the truth is you haven't been through it all yet... so why waste it all by killing yourself. i guess sometimes. u'd feel down, i've been through that alot... but i guess u have to really step back. imagine urself gone... what would really happen...? i did question...would that or this person cry for me when i'm gone? would they even realize my existence, did i really matter in their life...blah blah... what would it matter to others? they'll probably cry a day, two days, three days, a week...but then u'd slowly vanish from their memories though they'll sit there and write that they'll never forget... its true that alot goes on and on saying things like "i should have realized how much u meant to me when you were living"... i just think that those people that don't even realize how much u mean to them when you're alive even deserves your sympathy... so why hurt urself by injuring yourself for someone or somethings that disturb u for the moment.

Rakniran

Well,I've tried to kill myself once and it wasnt good at all. Drug overdose is not a good idea to kill yourself.Got my stomach plum then went in rehab..rehab was horrible..nurse there are mean..doctor was a big ass hole...Didnt like the rehab place also. After that I find out that is against the law to kill yourself.If,you dont die..u have to pay for it afterward...

Never thought of killing myself anymore. After trying to kill myself make me realize how beautiful life is and there is so many places and things for me to do. Im too young to die..

darvil

sarNie Adult
I agree with what anti-hmong said about younger people thinking about suicide.
I did contemplate it once when I was in highschool. It was an incredibly rough time for me. Lets not get into the deep details. Anywho I felt like the whole world was on my shoulder and almost couldn't handle it.

Now that I think about it.. much of the senario was quite superficial. Its hard to see that when you're a younger person though.

Sah

sarNie Elites
Hmm.. This is a very sensitive issue. Yeah, teen suicide is not a small thing and most of it is because you go through so much at that age. What's tough about suicide in general is that, if there were a person that were really contemplating suicide, they would not want to say it. It's almost embarrassing in a way.

& what Marduk said, about people not realizing that things aren't as bad as they seem. I completely agree. The thing with people, especially teenagers is that they tend to make situations bigger than they actually are. They'll take something that is minimal and totally blow it out of proportion.

Anyways, things to keep in mind:

- No matter how rough a time you're having, you should always remember that there is someone out there that is doing worse than you are.

- Always tell yourself that everything that happens, happens for a reason.

- Find somethings or people to work towards or live for. It'll make life seem so much better.

These are the things that help me when I'm going through tough times. Just thought I'd share them cause they could be of help.

vilasaeng

sarNie Juvenile
I have thought of suicide and sometimes do.. But I never really did it except once when I was thirteen... I actually took all of Tylyon and became very sick and next I woke up in the hospital....

As a suicidal person.... I know first hand how it feel and the chemical imbalance in the brain cell...

It's not that person can't think... but at that moment in time... when all the things is pilled on the person... A little action could mean alot... Simple problem to other might be the toughest to for that person... Another person might say "If I were that person... I would of... I would do... I would that..." but the person who's say this is not the person with the problem... No matter how simple the problem is to one person but it's hard for the next....

So people who say this and that about suicidal person haven't got the teased of really pain...

For me really pain and pain are different...

Real pain... is pain that you THINK you can't find the way out... A pain that your creator have put on you with no mercy.... A pain you FEEL like no one understand but you... PAIN THAT ONLY YOU THINK YOU KNOW...

Other pain.... whatever you DON'T THINK THAT'S THERE NO WAY OUT OF.....

Pee

sarNie Elites
I´ve never wanted to kill myself, but i´m not afraid too die..but I wanna live my life before I die lol ........
abt depression , rite now I´m depressed and I cant sleep at the nights, but dont worry I am getting help of my psychologist :)

Muddie Murda

smile...
Now, here are my thoughts. =D

Suicide is selfish you may say. Is it selfish when you sacrifice yourself to help others?

Suicide isn't selfish until you've heard the story, then you can 'judge' their situation. You're selfish yourself for thinking that in the first place. Give the person a chance by listening to the story.

Are they selfish or are you selfish, for keeping them in this world to suffer? Sure, you can't read their minds all the time, but surely they would have mentioned at one point or another that they are depress and/or they want to die. This is YOUR chance to get them professional help. Sitting there and go "You are so selfish. Don't you think of me and how I would be when you're gone?" Yah, that won't get no where.

Worst of all is saying, "Ugh, everyone has problems, not only you okay? Get over it. That's nothing to die about." or "You're problem isn't even as bad as mine."

Those religious people who say "Oh that person's going to burn in hell" or "He'll pay for it in his next life."

That is the most horrible thing you could say. This person had already suffered enough, living through pain, ending his/her life to stop this pain, you have no right to say that, putting the victim's family in a more depressed stage than they already are.

People who commit suicide are not always cowards. They've just lost all hope in life. They can't see their future. In their minds, they've failed. So to them, Death is the surest hope of life. Death is where they put all their hopes in.

Suicide is also having control over yourself. It's like saying, "God, you can't fire me, I quit." Control over one's self.

Marduk said:
Despite what you think about your dog or whatever, I think humans are the only species capable of real emotions.
Humans may seem like they are suffering the most, but that is because they put themselves in this place with the money, luxery, school, etc. Think back, if we were still cavemen, would everything have thoughts of suicide? We brought this sorrow onto ourselves. (Actually, blame the idiots who invented money and school. Arrggg!)

I think that with my thoughts, some people may think I'm okay with suicide and that I will commit suicide. =D I'm sorry about my typo mistake. I was typing it from a book and wrote "thread" instead of "threat".

Though I am not going against suicide nor am I encouraging it, I think that those who want to go, they should have one final thought. Don't only think of yourself but think of those who are left behind. "Who will suffer?" Do you want your mom crying for the rest of her life? They live for the rest of their life asking "Why did he do it?"

Some clarification. "People who always threaten they are going to commit suicide won't do it." Wrong...Of any 10 persons who kill themselves, 8 have given definite warnings of their suicidal intentions.

"The thing that is so ironic in this situation is that people would say to me, 'People who talk about it never do it. Those who don't talk are the ones who do it'--wrong, wrong wrong! My father never talked about it, and my mother never stopped talking about it until she did it."
-Leslie Elliott

Leslie's father commited suicide when Leslie was 8. His mom commited suicide when Leslie was 18.

Random stolen quotes/lines/phrases

"Well, if I may point out, these things happened to you thirty years ago, yet you found it possible to go on back then. Why could you go on when the hurt was fresh but can't know that it's rehashed hurt?"
-Sue Chance, "Stronger than Death"

Time to go! I shall continue if I remember some stuff.

sooks

sarNie Egg
People who commit suicide are not always cowards. They've just lost all hope in life. They can't see their future. In their minds, they've failed. So to them, Death is the surest hope of life. Death is where they put all their hopes in.

this line is true :)

people who want to commit suicide just need people's attention and need people to listen to them and their problems. have you guys never noticed that after talking to someone about ur problem it seems stupid afterwards? yeah that's exactly what they need. i've known 2 people who told me they wanted to suicide and i spent the whole night talking to one of those people. omg.. it was depressing. they just need someone to listen.

LidoLynn

ThE GrEaT gReAt LyNn!!
yeah...long time ago...i guess everyone have that stage..where you feel worthless and dislike and everything you do is wrong...and parents ALWASE....and i mean Alwase...bitching at you for everything you do....you feel like everyone hate you and blah blah...i can go on forever....

anywase...ever cut yourself before???.....