Do you look laos?

2cute2care

sarNie Juvenile
i was recently shopping at this new asian grocery store, and the shop keeper kept speaking vietnamese to me, i finally told her i wasn't viet and then she started speaking chinese too me, i stopped her again and said i wasn't chinese, and turns to me and replys "are you sure?"...lol...what the hell ? of course i'm sure...makes me laugh to see how even asians get confuse too not just white folks.

jaimie

sarNie Hatchling
LMao i don't look laos..i always thought i did but people kept tellin' me that i look filipino..but maybe thats juss cuz that's all most people know about..filipino,viet, or chinse lol NEVER WOULD THEY GUESS LAOS!! :lol:

Athena

sarNie Juvenile
Fresno is an Asian city to me.
My sisters and I got the weirdest look at the Asian store there.
We went to buy some fresh noodle to make soup.
The store owner was asking like do you know how to cook that?
Duh! If not, I wouldn't be buying it.
My sister starts to laugh.
So I asked in Laos if he had any leud?
He's all wuow Lao dai?
I said of course.
You guys should of seen the look he had. :yahoo:
My family starts to laugh and he turns red. :loool:

Patty

sarNie Adult
As for me, I was told that I look like Chinese,Vietnamese, perhaps even Korean...I guess is because of my skin color

Nae_jai_leaw_lur

sarNie Egg
My friends tell me I look hmong then laos. And I'm like what the heck.lol. But I was like oh well as long as I look like one of the asians.

Susie

sarNie Adult
i look lao. some pple be mistaking me for being pinay (filipino), hawaiian, but I think i look lao

N.jareeya

sarNie Egg
yeah NSW we got nice features girl =) lol

NSW as in Australia New South Wales? because if so i live there to and alot of laos people here got nice big eyes and nice nose, everyone says i'm vietnamese but also i am pretty tall for a laos girl i'm still young but and i have really light skin.But i am 100% laos :) i have alot of laos friends and i am way taller than them.

well they say that kon lao is all cousins..:)

ling

sarNie Hatchling
I'm 100% laos but a lot of people think I either look pillipino, indian or khmer. Kinda funny really.

puppylov

sarNie Adult
true cambo and true thai and true lao look similar and people can mistaken them easily except the ones with chinese blood and all

Kina

Dubsteppin'
I'm half Thai and half Laotian, and a lot of people mistaken me for being Filipina, or Latina. I guess it's because I have large eyes and light-skinned. I dunno...it's so weird even Laotian people, or Asian people for that matter, mistaken me to be Filipina or Latina.

Liberty

sarNie Adult
At least you guys mistaken for other Asian ethnicities, I get mixes and hispanic. I get white hispanic the most.
I use to work in retail and get dirty looks or snarky remarks from old hispanic customers who speak Spanish to me and find out I don't know what they're talking about. They act like I should know Spanish because I'm hispanic, BUT I'm NOT!

I've even had an Asian customer come up to me once while checking out. Her husband was caucasian and she kept asking me all sorts of strange questions about my background before she finally came out and asked me where I came from. I was like uh...Austin? She was like "no, what part of Mexico are you from?" Me: "Um...I'm not from Mexico, I'm Asian and was born and raised in Texas."
Then she went on for what felt like 30 minutes on how she thought I was hispanic or mix, maybe Hawaiian (which is what I get a lot too) and how pretty my eyes are, how my eyes look so caucasian. I could tell her poor husband was uncomfortable and I really wanted to say something about what she was saying about my "caucasian eyes" but I kept my mouth shut.

dfemc

sarNie Adult
yeeah i look LAO-ed and LOUD. :lol: just kiddin', actually nooo, i don't have the huuge Lao eyes and light skin, but maybe someday. :lol:

ohitsnoyyy

Mama Noy ♥️
i'm 100 percent lao & people mistake me for being Filipino, chinese, vietnamese, japanese or korean.

i get offended when they call me chinese or japanese. <_< i dont have anything against chinese or japanese, but people are so F-ing igornant to think that chinese and japanese are the ONLY asian race out there.

fun

Expired Sarnie
japanese just because my name looks japanese. chinese just because i do good in school. vietnamese just because i hang around with a lot of vietnamese friends. korean just because they couldnt think of anything else asianish.

diana507

sarNie Juvenile
i'm 100 percent lao & people mistake me for being Filipino, chinese, vietnamese, japanese or korean.

i get offended when they call me chinese or japanese. <_< i dont have anything against chinese or japanese, but people are so F-ing igornant to think that chinese and japanese are the ONLY asian race out there.
haha thats so true some ppl think all asians are either chinese or japanese! i hate that

dfemc

sarNie Adult
japanese just because my name looks japanese. chinese just because i do good in school. vietnamese just because i hang around with a lot of vietnamese friends. korean just because they couldnt think of anything else asianish.
hhahaha i like that, it's all a matter of angle. :lol: so are u lao?