Do you look laos?

x3 1azngrl

sarNie Egg
here's me:

it's a little fuzzy. Hey do you guys know what part of Laos you're from or your parents are from?! Mines are both from the south, Savannakhet
hey, my mom and other other relatives are from there, too. and sadly, no, i DONT look laos. =/ im part laos and part vietnamese from my dad's side. but mostly laos. =D

dfemc

sarNie Adult
hahhahahahahhaa....right on reagan y lam

che3ri0s

sarNie Egg
ah, i'm laos with a hint chinese like .3 haha. idk

i also get mistaken for being viet or chinese. i was flattered to be mistaken for korean because i was looking at korean candies. haha. maybe because i have light skin. however, my brother is mistaken for looking mexican. idk i guess people judge and think laos people look darker than they should...like a hint of cambodian or something. idk.

narmfon

sarNie Hatchling
I am laos but people think that i'm mix with black, some times hispanics, some times other asians which
for me is very interesting!!!!!

jenan

sarNie Hatchling
i use to get mistaken for hispanic, now all i get is filipino. the most recent was hawaiian though ^^

OK_na_tur

sarNie Juvenile
interesting...

Can someone tell me what a "Lao girl/person" is suppose to look like?

To white people, Asian people will always be mistaken for either Chinese, Vietnamese or Japanese just b/c those are the nationality they are familiar with.

When another Asian tell me I don't look Laos. I get offended. It's like, what do they expect Lao people to look like? Short and dark with a flat nose?

ur so rite missjoy!! white ppl gotta get it straight!! dey be callin me Chinese juss becuz dats all dey kno!! i be lyk "IM LAOS u idiots" ....no matter how many times i tell dem, dey still dont get it!! dey still dink i speak chinese....and these r ppl at my skool!! pretty much tha whole skool is 80% white kids!! well yah.....ppl dink im mexican too...nywaies i dont look laos!! im mix wit laos n french!! my mom is full lao n daddy is french/lao!! i dont look lyk my mom at all!! nywaies....but im proud to be LAOS!!

KEdoubleNY

sarNie Adult
I was mistaken for being: Mexican, Vietnamese, Thai, Cambodian, Hmong, and Chinese. Why don't they guess LAO for Buddha sake.

klarissa

sarNie Hatchling
obviously fluffly they react that way because people are not familiar with the laotian people. I always get filipino, or hawaiian or even mixed...but yeah, it's the lack of knowledge people have about asian countries that they assume everyone is chinese, japanese, korean or vietnamese, then when they hear your name they think Thai...

chonny

sarNie Egg
lol I haven't had anyone mistaken me as Hmong or Meo or any of the hilltribe groups yet :yahoo: if they do I will smack them in the face...muuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaa...stupid idiot get it straight :rolleyes:

Yea, when people see Asian person they automatically put them in the Chinese and Japanese category majority of the time haha. Just like when you say egg roll they automatically say CHINESE hehe

dfemc

sarNie Adult
lol I haven't had anyone mistaken me as Hmong or Meo or any of the hilltribe groups yet :yahoo: if they do I will smack them in the face...muuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaa...stupid idiot get it straight :rolleyes:

Yea, when people see Asian person they automatically put them in the Chinese and Japanese category majority of the time haha. Just like when you say egg roll they automatically say CHINESE hehe
what's wrong with bein' mistaken for a "Hmong or Meo or any of the 'hilltribe groups'"? why would that be offensive to the point where u would smack them in the face? :unsure: :eek: <_<

they're very beautiful people, n i'd gladly represent. as those ppl are of the indigenious roots of most Southeast Asian countries.

nophankh

sarNie Adult
People say I look Filipino. Even Filipino always try to talk to me in their language and I always say, "dude, I'm not Filipino."
I'm 100% lao, no mixture of anything. Hey someone said their family was from savannaket, my family is from their too.

Well, I was born in Kengkok, Laos, which is really close to Savannaket.

Athena

sarNie Juvenile
I'm 100% Lao.
But I've been told I look Spanish, Hawaiian or Polynesian.
Sometimes asked if I had a nose job done.
I have a high bridge. All my sisters do.
So people assumed we had cosmetic surgery done.
Funny how people look at each other.