Do you look laos?

shubby

sarNie Adult
well, i'm lao too,but my friends said that i look like them..lolx...i mean. phillipino, and Viet..i was like what the hell?? lolx...

Nina

sarNie Egg
im laotion and omg my nose is soo flat its embarrassing! but people most likely think im cambodian its probably because of my location

Power

sarNie Egg
This is a very interesting topic indeed. How is a Lao person supposed to look like? We all come in different color, shape, sizes, features, etc. When people say, asian people all look alike, I get offended. To me, I sometimes do think Chinese people look the same, same goes for Japanese and Koreans. But a Lao person does not look the same at all. When I went to Laos, I saw varieties of Lao folks. I admit, I do get mistaken for lots of different backgrounds. Some people thinks I'm Chinese, Vietnamese, Thai (as in Thai Celebrities, not the regular peeps....haha), Latin, Asian mix white or Asian mix Chinese as some say. People never think I'm Laotian. I think my family, well my siblings looks unique, and I'm proud to be Laotian!!

2cute2care

sarNie Juvenile
Power said:
This is a very interesting topic indeed. How is a Lao person supposed to look like? We all come in different color, shape, sizes, features, etc. When people say, asian people all look alike, I get offended. To me, I sometimes do think Chinese people look the same, same goes for Japanese and Koreans. But a Lao person does not look the same at all. When I went to Laos, I saw varieties of Lao folks. I admit, I do get mistaken for lots of different backgrounds. Some people thinks I'm Chinese, Vietnamese, Thai (as in Thai Celebrities, not the regular peeps....haha), Latin, Asian mix white or Asian mix Chinese as some say. People never think I'm Laotian. I think my family, well my siblings looks unique, and I'm proud to be Laotian!!
[post="84891"][/post]​

i can totally relate to what you wrote...hmmm maybe great minds think alike...lol

narmfon

sarNie Hatchling
i don't know but i get mistaken for being mexican i don't know where they get that because...
I also get mistaken for being hawian,? How do I?
Also they think that i'm mix with black?

L

lalalek

I am half Laos and Hmong but nobody guesses right...

They say that i mainly look Hawaiian.......so i was like COOL!!!!!!! B)

iangel

sarNie Egg
LOL OMG maybe we should start posting pics up to see what other people think you are....(someone else post first cuz i'm camera shy)

dfemc

sarNie Adult
hhahha...yeah we're such funny ppl. i don't think there's a stereotypical look for most ethnicity anyhow. i look like what i look like, and i'm sure so does everyone. plus this world is so mixed up. especially southeast asians, there's no such thing as a "pure Laotian" or "pure Cambodian" or "pure anything". everyone is everything by now. it's just a matter of what u personally identify with.

i don't even get asked what i am...and my last name does not clarify things much either. but ppl will assume what they assume and only through being with u, they'll come to learn what u identify with and what ur share of historical struggles involve.

honestly, i think that the southeast asian look, whatever it is, as everyone has their own idea in their head (i presume it to be tan, almond eyes and broad nose) is gorgeous. but some may differ.

having pointy noses makes u age faster in my opinion and it's not that attractive. so i don't see where the big deal is with those eurocentric looks, n i can't seem to understand the obession with the mixed kid looks. mixed kids are ppl not fetishes. and as a mixed kid, there so much to struggle with between two culture, it's not the funnest thing, but yet thai media and every other part of the world glamorizes it and exoticizes it, which is so disgusting.

hapas and amerasian babies in VietNam and Laos were tortured and killed for having their western counterpart features. so they were considered a symbol of treason and traitor-dom. hapa babies in Thailand represent the sex industry indulged by foreign men. hapas historically have been the dirt of society before media glamor, so how come no one else ever talks about that? i guess hapas are only an object of visual affection to most ppl. -_- sadly enuf.

alrite...this is becoming a novel of frustration now...let's end here. :)

Keomany

Music.heal.All
it depend on my hair color when i did it all blone people though i look korean or international when its black then i look more loation

tye-niranh

sarNie Adult
I get Vietnamese or Chinese all the time from older Asian people. Don't know why. I don't really get offended though.

saonoy03

sarNie Hatchling
people think i am cambodian...always!!! even when i tell them im lao like 5 times!!! and after cambodian there second guess in filipino..... for once i want them to guess correctly!!!

kitkat

sarNie Elites
lmao that's hilarious... i get that all the time... at first.. it goes like this:

- are you chinese?
- you come from hawaii?
- uh? laos where?
- what? you aren't mexican?
- umm... cambodia?
- so much more!

for those people who automatically think i'm from chinese, japanese, or vietnamese... it's pretty obvious that they only know the basics, not too deeply knowledge of the globe. ^^"

everytime, i go to mexican grocery, they kept speaking spanish to me.. i was like 'i can't speak spanish' and they kept going on rambling so i finally fed up telling them saying that i'm NOT a mexican. they stopped then speak in english. <.< it probably because of i had a really dark-skinned that i constantly went out swimming everydays that times...which i don't anymore. yup, i got faded... *wahhh

i think i happened to be looking like hawaiian because i had a dark-skinned with shell necklace that it used to be popular 'jewelry' at my junior high. haha.

there's a lot of people mistaken me. hehe.

tye-niranh

sarNie Adult
lalalek said:
I am half Laos and Hmong but nobody guesses right...

They say that i mainly look Hawaiian.......so i was like COOL!!!!!!! B)
[post="85129"][/post]​
Now that you said that, you do look Hawaiian lalalek...I get Vietnamese or Chinese...Never Laos...I guess it's because I'm short and petite...I don't know...Plus, I am married to one...

tye-niranh

sarNie Adult
Do you know how to speak Hmong? How does it sound like? I was eating at KFC last night with my family and I heard a group of Asian people talking...It sounded like I could understand them...It sounded kinda like Laos but when I really listened, I didn't understand them at all! I wonder if that was Hmong they were speaking? I know it wasn't Chinese nor Korean nor Vietnamese nor anything else that I've heard before...It sounded really cool...