Credit Cards

none3

sarNie Hatchling
Can anyone share their experience with credit card? How to manage and keep it in good standing. And how many should we should keep open. I'm kinda clueless because credit scores always goes up and down no matter what I do. Help!!!!!!! :blink:

azn_chick83

sarNie Hatchling
Well I don't have any, but everyone around me does. LOL. Anyways - to manage it, well you have to pay it on time and know your spending limits, apr percentage, and grace period. Basically you should read all the fine prints that comes along with the CC. I know most people don't, but it's a good idea to.

APR rates (interest) are usually high if you're just starting out, but eventually it can go down and if you continually pay it on time. The grace period does help. If you don't know what that is - it's when your payment is late - each company has different grace periods...so say yours is 25days well you have 25days before they'll charge you extra fees for being late. It's usually best to pay it between the 25days. And even better if you pay the full amount...paying just the minimun balance causes the APR rates to stay the same.

Oh and a tip for anyone else who has a really really high APR rate and it doesn't seem to go down, sometimes you can call the CC company and ask them if they can lower it a bit or lie and say there's another company that's willing to offer a lower one - it usually works.

And as for the credit score - basically if you maintain paying your bills on time for anything from CC to car payment, utilities you should have a good credit score. You can always get a free credit report online on one of those sites to be sure they don't have anything wrong on there. I knew someone who had his dad's info on his because they have the same name...so always a good idea to look into that too. Hope this helps a little. :)

...maybe someone else can add on if they know more. But of course, I might just be stating the obvious if you had already known this and I don't have one. Hehe...

natty

Chubs
best advice that i follow myself:

1. charge only what you can pay off at the end of the month (unless it's like furniture where it's a couple of grand but even that dont pay more then a year)

credit is extremely important. your credit score is better if you dont max out your cards monthly and you pay off in full every month. cus seriously, why give away free money by paying apr? unless of course it's cars, houses, big extremely expensive stuff.. if it's just a simple purchases such as shoes, clothes, food, ect.. then limit yourself to only what you can pay off at the end of the month.. or better yet, use cash if you dont trust yourself to not overcharge.

credit cards are bad.... but if u do get one it should be only for emergency usage.... cause the apr is high... let's see wen u have lots of credit card bills... u set it up from least amount to most and pay more for the lesser amount and a min amount for the others... i duno how to explain... but i've drawn it out before for a bunch of ppl i know that had credit problem... cause i'm in training and i help ppl learn about money.... so gyea.... best thing to do try to stay away from credit cards is my best advice for you.

Linn

SarNworld Wonderer
1. Have only one credit card

2. Use it if you know you can afford to pay its bill

3. Pay on time

ow_and_cow

sarNie Egg
im paying off 2 right now and it's in the thousand and with my weak payments gosh i think i ruin my credit stuff. but at least im still making payments and haven't dismiss it.

pond

sarNie Egg
Lol...the best way to manage a credit card is not to have one at ALL!!!!!!! i got way to many credit cards that i don;t even know which to pay first..Let's just say that im in a Big mess right now, so its better if you don;t have them at all. Its best for your future...look on the bright side hehe..for example: if you get one you would want another also, cuz it got a better color on that new one and it look wayyyyyy better!!!!!!hehe. Well at the end its all up to you and how you're gonna manage it, for me its VERY hard thing to do.

none3

sarNie Hatchling
thank you all very much!!!! I learned a great deal from y'all. It's a blessing to have this up!!! :blush:

darvil

sarNie Adult
first of all... life is short and you know we're all gonna die soon..

So you should just get your hands on as much credit cards as you can.. then spend spend spend spend.

Enjoy life while it lasts!

buckyann

sarNie Egg
I have 3 credit cards... 2 maxed out( i owe 5gs...) and (1,5gs). The other one i just got...500$ credit hahah. I went crazy with trips/vacation and spoiling myself. Now im a brokeass who's leaving for Laos next month with my parent's money. I feel evil but I'm gonna get serious with my life after next year.

TIP:::: DO NOT GET A CREDIT CARD! ITS ADDICTIVE!

iamnowhere

sarNie Adult
first of all... life is short and you know we're all gonna die soon..

So you should just get your hands on as much credit cards as you can.. then spend spend spend spend.

Enjoy life while it lasts!
LOL!! :yahoo: Yeah and then die once the grace period is over.

noungning

Heartless
lol i agree with darvil lol... get em all hahahaahah

ok i just kid. well i have a few credit cards myself. it's not fun being broke and paying for a few bills, so before you get one think, if one day i become jobless, will i be able to pay this off? if the answer is no, then just don't sign up for one.

if you want one, then get one that's under promotion like 0% everything for the first year, then u can buy whatever you want for that time being and pay it off prior to the promotion's ending. i find it useful actually because you can save urself from all that interest if you transfer all you debt from 9% interest to 0% interest for a while... but eh that's how i manage my stuff lol... but then again, like everyone said, if you can only afford to pay minimum due for a credit card, then you're in a committment that will last you a looonnnggg time! when your bill comes and says please pay $10, and you owe $450, you should at least try to pay $50 a month. the credit score is dependant on your payments, consistancy and on time. and it's not the best thing to keep on looking up your credit score because that can decrease your credit score.

well hope that helps u. :D

Nicky

sarNie Hatchling
Credit cards *shake head* don't get one .. unless you can handle the interest and pay it ontime.

Never max out your credit cards. *sigh*

I have 3 I'm trying to pay it off. I want to pay all of it off by next year and close it!!! Then spend only what I make and charge on my debt card is the way to go. No money no spending . *laugh*

Probably one is okay with a good APR. 0% is the best. Just to build some credit.

natty

Chubs
if you dont have the money to pay it off.. you shouldnt be charging in the first place.. clothes jewelry shoes and purses arent emergencies..

noungning

Heartless
i dunno but i charge a lot because i want to save points for rewards/miles, i have the money to purchase but i chose to charge for some stuff sometimes because i want to rack up my points... bad idea but eh :D

natty

Chubs
rewards points/ mileages.. that's how they get you.. those are all good if it doesnt cause you problems at the end.. living the american dream of surviving from paycheck to paycheck isnt the way to go..

noungning

Heartless
yeah, the thing is you must be able to manage to pay it off when you have 0% apr... yah the american dream, i don't have one. hmmm living from paycheck to paycheck does suck, that's why ppl relies on credit cards so they can use the money that they don't have lol.

KhoOnxNouxWanxJai

Staff member
I just got mines back today from my parents and I already blew most of it -____- the thing about me is im lucky I have parents who pay mines im jobless who knew jobless people have credit hahah lol kidding but for right now I'm gonna lay down my credit cards and use my debit cards I got those back too... debit cards spending money you do have so debit card is the way to go -__- dont spend money u dont have you'll be crying in the end

natty

Chubs
yup.. having bad credit ratings will kick you in the a** later on in life.. you wont be able to qualify for loans to get houses or even cars.. and if you do, your apr will be so high....