Contact Lenses

deals can be found anywhere for less than $250. :huh: although 2 pairs may not be too necessary unless you're prone to breaking stuff like i am. -_- it depends on what frame you're looking for & maybe the type of lens.

if you're not picky, consider zenni optical.

contacts are likely worse for vision. with glasses also, if you really don't need to wear them, don't. rest your eyes and look out into the distance beyond walls sometimes. good for the eyes. :D

Grudgeprincess

JLR FEVER
My question for all you contact lenses wearer is, what brand do you prefer or do you have one? And do you suggest going with lenses that are good for a day, 1-2 weeks, or a month? And because I always try to shop for the best deals, where do you usually get your lenses? Any help or recommendation would be much appreciated! Thanks.
i got to the walmart place for my contacts/glasses and what not but i wear both glasses and contacts now so only wen i go out or w/e do i put my contacts on but other than that i wear my glasses but i have Advance astigmatism but i buy like the whole year supply or w/e for like 178 bucks and i change them every month so yea heheh

Grudgeprincess

JLR FEVER
contacts are likely worse for vision. with glasses also, if you really don't need to wear them, don't. rest your eyes and look out into the distance beyond walls sometimes. good for the eyes. :D
:lol: i need to start doing that lmfao my mom always yells at me for having something on 24/7 just sometimes too lazy to take them off but yes i should start doing that hhaha

judyp

sarNie Adult
^^ i tried following that rule, but my eyes got worse! lols. i think because i squint so much when i don't wear my glasses and that caused my eye muscles to work harder. when i get some extra moola in about a week or so, im gonna order probably a 3 month supply of contacts and get a pair of glasses. i was planning on doing 6 months, but i thought, i have glasses for back-up and can always order more later. its not like i get a bulk discount. ;)

if you have an eyeglass world around your area, they usually have pretty good deals. i last got my glasses for $29. they were my second pair of glasses for the same prescription so all i had to do was pay for the frame. the frames were probably like $80 but because they were that price, i got them for a $29 deal. now that i have new prescriptions, it'll cost me $99 for the lens. however, the good thing is that i won't have to buy frames, i have 2 frames that are still in excellent condition.

btw, your contact prescription should be good for a year and glasses prescription are good for 2 years. :)

Grudgeprincess

JLR FEVER
o and for the contacts solution i used to use that one brand Opti-Free the one in the green box or w/e just cuz i got a free sample of it wen i first got my contacts but then i went to costco and the ReNu brand was on sale and u got like two bottles for a cheaper price then the opti-free one so i switched to that LMFAO i think it works good

o and info for ya'll haha make sure you don't accidently eat contacts solution it makes u shit urself for a couple days hehheh so be careful no one pranks you or w/e :lol:

there's this one new contact solution that about burn my eyeballs off. :eek: probably b/c i didn't leave in my contacts long enough but regardless, i need a solution that is careless-person friendly. :lol: i think it's "clean & clear" or something. i forget the name.

yeah. when you look out into the distance, don't squint. just look out into the sky, at birds or cute little kids running around freaking their moms out or something. sometimes that is more amusing than lakorns.

sirena

sarNie Adult
i don't know if this has been mention but i order my contacts from contactlensking.com

same brand same everything and it so much cheaper then other sites ive order before :)'

oh yea its alwasy a good idea to ahve a pair of glasses just incase cuz someday u might wake up and you dnt feel like putting in your contact

ive master the art of putting contact in 5 second haha

it use to take me about like 30 min to put them in haahha

sirena

sarNie Adult
complete muti-purpose solution its great!

make sure u don't mix eye drops and soultion together, i did that once and i almost went blind >.<

Grudgeprincess

JLR FEVER
there's this one new contact solution that about burn my eyeballs off. :eek: probably b/c i didn't leave in my contacts long enough but regardless, i need a solution that is careless-person friendly. :lol: i think it's "clean & clear" or something. i forget the name.

yeah. when you look out into the distance, don't squint. just look out into the sky, at birds or cute little kids running around freaking their moms out or something. sometimes that is more amusing than lakorns.

yeas i need to exercise my dear eyeballs more LMAO!

judyp

sarNie Adult
yeah, i also use optifree for the same reason. and i didn't realize how expensive they were until i recently went to wal-mart to get some. i was like. holy moly, are you serous? lols. but i'll stick to them until i feel more comfortable using something else. im always so paranoid. haha.

NiTha

sarNie Adult
I wear Focus contact lens, the monthly ones, sometimes they last longer if you're really good at taking care of them. The only thing is that I have astigmatism on my left eye, so that contact lens moves around if I stare for long periods of time without blinking esp at a computer screen. I have been wearing focus for 3 years or so now. I have the same prescription since so i haven't changed my contacts or anything. If I run out, I would suggest 1-800 Contacts and they do ask for your prescription and your optometrist's info.

I had a hard time removing my contacts the very first time I had them on too but now it's a breeze. The only thing is that when you take naps in them, they get dry and you can't take them off right away because they move around your eye. So after a nap i suggest that you wait for several minutes or put some rewetting drops to remove them or do some eye exercises. lol. Wearing contacts are really easy and a breeze because with glasses you can't really see well without having to move your head along with your eyes.

I was considering lasik but I've heard some dangerous things that have occurred with people. So I'm happy with contacts for the time being.

kumpangxruk

sarNie Adult
there's also some sites for korean circle lens and you can get those prescripted! lasts a year if you take really good care of them!

they supposedly make ur eyes look bigger. i have a pair that are brown they just make my eyes lighter!

for regular contacts i use acuvue which lasts about 2 weeks! pretty good brand.

jeanie

sarNie Adult
I have Acuvue Oasys and they're 2 week disposables but my eye doc. says I can keep each pair for a month. That cut down costs a lot. And I buy them online cause I believe they're generally cheaper. You just have to shop around cause the brand matters, it might be cheaper at one site for Acuvue but more expensive for another.

Before that I used Bausch and Lomb PureVision. They were pretty good too but it dried out my eyes a lot. I tend to wear my lens all day so I do like the Oasys better.