[Ch5] Koo Kum (Exact)

teedee

sarNie Oldmaid
today episode got me crying a lot TT. I try not to cried cos tire of crying but I can't help it,i even sobbed.i had to breath in and out to be able to stop my tears, it's that painful to watch. this lakorn is like torturing and how can I survive the ending. hope I don't pass out first. even though I saw the preview for the ending already but when I saw it again,i cry hard again migosh my heart is too weak. feel so sorry for both Kobori and Ang. so heart breaking when he saw her hugging wanut,can feel his pain. arghh they could have see eachother when she walk back and forth to go find him when he was just sitting there,  argh..the writer so mean won't let them see eachother. was cute they both was gonna give eachother a flower,this hubby/wife are alike in thinking which show they love eachother a lot. I was a bit relief when he didn't get hurt after the airplane bombing and he was checking himself that he was ok. and then...the gas bombing explode, poor kobori TT. how can I thought he'll survive, thought for a sec. the director will pity the viewers and change for him not to die,but who am I kidding,i just can't bare to see him died TT.. when she was padding the canoe thinking back of all the times he kept talking about death,went looking for him, tell her baby to watch over him and when heard his voice call her name, was so sad/heart breaking to watch TT... gosh I hate war, only loses and pain. wish there was no war, why can't people settle their differences in compromise instead of act like animal and kill eachother, make innocent people in danger/die because of them arghh!

cecilia

Staff member
^We have to thank the war for bringing the two together though <3

*Flashback*

Kobori: Jasmine flowers .. that's good. When I'm not here, you can pick it up and lay it next to your pillow in place of me."

*End of flashback*

Ang: I'm going to return you your flower and tell you to take your flower back.  And for you .. to come home to our house.

looksy

sarNie Adult
Oh I know how you girls feel. Words can not express my sadness at the moment. But SuSu!!! .......We will get through the ending together. 

There's nothing else much for me to say about this episode because you all have already expressed what I feel so beautifully. I'm so proud of Ang today. She must have felt so much freedom upon telling Wanut that she loves the father of her child.......words that she could not even utter to herself, but she bravely tells the man whom she was supposed to keep her heart for. And I love it how she couldn't wait to go see her beloved husband that very night and then after the bombing, how she forced her way through the barricade to go look for Kobori. This is the strong willed and independent minded Ang that Kobori loves.........had she felt free to love him, this would be the Ang who would have openly fought for their love.

chouakim said:
My favorite foreshadowing scene happened during the time when their marriage was still in the talks. I can't quite recall the episode, but Ang sits on the steps at the boat house and thinks about Wanut's promise and there, flew over a firefly. She takes out her hand for the firefly to rest, and suddenly it flies off as the camera follows its path in the air to which Kobori enters the frame. I loved this subtle edit which made the scene so memorable to me. I depicted it as there was no longer going to be Wanut in Ang's future, that's why it flew/disappeared and gave way to Kobori to enter the scene. Just simply beautiful.

There are a lot of foreshadowing in Koo Kum, all created so beautifully. Ladies, what are some of your favorite foreshadowing scenes, and what did it portray?

Choua, the foreshadowing scene you described is one of my favorites as well. It was so beautifully done. This drama is full of foreshadowing and symbolism and for the life of me, I can't seem to remember them all at the moment.......maybe, I'm just too sad after watching today's episode, but there are two that stick out at the moment. The first is from ep. 1 when Ang sort of snaps at Wanut after she fell from the tree. He makes a remark and says that she's so grouchy/irritable and that when he's gone, who will Ang have to be irritable with (who will be the recipient of Ang's fire).........of course, we all know the answer. The second foreshadowing that sticks out to me is from the beginning of ep 19, from Ang's dream of when Wanut returns and then Kobori appears, but is burning right in front of her........to show that where there is a Wanut, there can not be a Kobori....these two men that love Ang can not exist together in Ang's life.....I also love it that in the dream, she just stands there when Wanut holds her hand and she does not know what to think and say, but when she sees Kobori, she immediately runs towards him and calls out his name, to indicate that her heart had already chosen him over Wanut.

I also love the symbolism in this drama and one of my favorite symbolism comes from an unlikely scene to find symbolism.....in ep 16, the r-scene........LOL, right!?.....But I really do love that moment of when Ang bit Kobori for the second time....the way Kobori screamed and painfully picked himself up from her painful bite to continue to kiss her, to make love to her....that moment sort of symbolizes his love for Ang...that loving her causes him so much pain at times, but he persists, willingly takes the pain, and continues to love her no matter what.

Miley19

sarNie Juvenile
I think I'm going to sleep early so i can get myself ready to cry for the poor kobori. In an way Im not very to see this but can't do anything cuz it's the time. Hope tomorrow epi will not make me cry so loud,don't think so?

Kobori where are u? kobori where are u? A calling, hideko from a smooth voice far away :'( :'(

I think now I kinda like the name hideko call from bie voice

cecilia

Staff member
I went back to listen to what the author read in Nadech's movie version .. IT'S WAY WAY TOO SAD ..
i think if i read the novel, I'll tear 10x the pain here

Translating a few lines from the teaser in M39 youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJhR_VlL1C8
Angsumalin calls out for Kobori w/pain and tortures (from worrying to death on his whereabouts.)
Where are you? Where are you? The long figure laying there .. who can it be? Which one is your body? Her voice calls out loudly, 'Kobori.' A quiet and gentle whisper voice came, 'Hideko, I'm .. I'm still here.' 'Where are you? Where are you?" I'm here ... T_T

roselovesice

방탄소년단 x Bangtan Sonyeondan x JiTaew
Ugghh..I was laughing throughout this whole clip only to actually finding myself crying when Ang kissed Kobori's forehead and from there on. Ughh. Noona was already crying. Gosh. I feel her pain. 

Credit: Truebankstv

I can't do this. I can't. My eyes are so blurred out because of my tears that I can't even write straight. 555 I'm sure many of you ladies already saw this but might as well share it agian. TT_________TT 
Credit: Malie BIFC

cikna

sarNie Adult
chouakim said:
The thing about watching and committing myself to a drama is the super bad withdrawals that you feel after its over. For Koo Kum, I don't even know how bad the pain is going to hit. We're taking in Kobobie's death and the fact that the lakorn is over. That's too much consumption for one day, one episode, one heart.

The earlier scenes of today's episode was pretty satisfying, on the level of there needn't be anymore promises to hold Ang back from her heart's true desire. (Geez Wanut, way to come on time. :whatever:) It's weird how although I know the end result, I'm still really scared to see it actually happen. I'm not the only one, am I? Seeing mommy Ang being so afraid as she searches for her husband were really, really emotional scenes. She knew and was finally able to feel Kobori's heart after accepting him truly, that he is in danger. Even the baby knew. OUCH--! My heart. :cry:
I guess I watched the episode today without really being ready. Again, like the past dozen episodes, I wept like a baby. (I'm going to go out for more tissue tonight.) After I finished the episode, I truly thought tomorrow will be okay because I know what to expect, but upon reading the previous post about how the crew cried along with Noona and Bie during the tragic scene, I'm not too sure anymore. I got teary just reading that alone. Oh boy.. I'm afraid I'm going to burst out crying in class tomorrow. This sadness is dangerous.

I've been behind, but I went through everyone's posts and a lot of you ladies have shared such accurate thoughts. I love the subtle elements that create this foreshadowing of their future. Like in today's episode where Ang drops the dok kaew into the water as she crosses the bridge. *tears*tears*tears* My favorite foreshadowing scene happened during the time when their marriage was still in the talks. I can't quite recall the episode, but Ang sits on the steps at the boat house and thinks about Wanut's promise and there, flew over a firefly. She takes out her hand for the firefly to rest, and suddenly it flies off as the camera follows its path in the air to which Kobori enters the frame. I loved this subtle edit which made the scene so memorable to me. I depicted it as there was no longer going to be Wanut in Ang's future, that's why it flew/disappeared and gave way to Kobori to enter the scene. Just simply beautiful.

There are a lot of foreshadowing in Koo Kum, all created so beautifully. Ladies, what are some of your favorite foreshadowing scenes, and what did it portray?
yeah, i agree with you chouakim. the foreshadowings and symbolism bring so much meaning and life to the lakorn. yup, the fireflies and the music they play to me seems like their "way of courtship". the fireflies and the sounds of their music draw them closer.

the flowers - ang has her "flower" and kobori has his. the flowers symbolises beauty and vulnerability, something we see obvious in their relationship as lovers 

the baby - when ang had her very few first pregnancy symptoms, she seemed to be drawn closer to kobori, fast. when she felt the baby's first kick, it clicked in her mind that the baby will definitely bind kobori to her and she to him. it was the baby further deepen ang's longing for kobori that after she felt her child, she immediately went to kobori to share the happiness of feeling their child for the 1st time. and also, it may or may not be a foreshadowing, but before they found out ang was pregnant, kobori loves putting his hand on her stomach. and the child seemed to have more of him than ang - the baby is strong. imagine the mother running here and there looking for his father, in the chaos. but the baby remained steadfast, just like kobori and ang's appetite improves the moment she took a bite of the japanese dish kobori prepared for her which is not spicy and we all know kobori is not fond of spicy food

cikna

sarNie Adult
ok. thanks ceci. i was pissed off when the scene where ang said i love you to kobori, the streaming stops! i had to reload the link how many times already. i can't cry properly because of the streaming

cikna

sarNie Adult
do i have register with the second link u gave me? never mind because i'm too depressed to navigate my way in the site because everything is written in thai. i guess i can't stream properly with you..i'll just wait a few minutes for lakornhd at YT to upload the 1st part.

cecilia

Staff member
Saddest part .. Ang continuously kiss him to keep him from going T_TTT .. it's as if she's giving breath into him, to make him stay with her ... This is too sad - i'm going to class with swollen eyes T__T (I told myself not to cry too much but the tears keep coming -___T)

"Sleep well, sweet heart.  When will you open your eyes to see me again?" ~ Angsumalin

roselovesice

방탄소년단 x Bangtan Sonyeondan x JiTaew
Ohmygosh. I think this has gotten to be the longest death scene ever. It's been like almost 1 hour already. LOL Not that I have a problem with it. 
Due to the fact that I don't understand Thai that much, I can't really take in much therefore most of the feelings aren't there. 
I did start balling whenever I saw Kobori's face. It was a pain to see one smiling, trying to be strong whilst the other was crying and vice versa. 
TT_______________TT It's a pain in the butt. 
And yes, those kisses she keeps giving him was so sad! And yes! I can't forget about Takeda! You can just see the pain in them all! It's too depressing!!!

looksy

sarNie Adult
So sad I couldn't catch the live viewing with you girls b/c I'm on the west coast, but I am watching it right now as I'm getting ready for work...............Gosh, just hearing the theme song with the opening credits is enough to make me cry. Won't get to share my thoughts until I get off work. See you all then.

The best way to handle this, don't fight the tears, just let it flow and have a good cry. :(

cecilia

Staff member
My tears flow on its own -- couldn't hold it back ..
All i can say is .. THIS IS ONE OF MY ALL TIME FAVORITE!!!
Will come back tonight to spam more <3

Looksy, Woody said p'Bird and Kwang's version last for two weeks lmao Nadech and Richy's last for 5 minutes ... and this one last for a good one hour (with lots of resuscitate kisses <3)