[Ch5] Koo Kum (Exact)

looksy

sarNie Adult
OMGosh, no detail is being spared in this lakorn. Love it, love it, love it!!! It's so rare for a lakorn to put so much focus on the study of its characters. 

If we ever had any doubts that Ang did not love Kobori, the scene of them at the dock, puts those doubts to rest. My heart aches for Ang.  Her heart is locked up in this prison because of her promise to Wanut and the key to her release can't seem to come back fast enough. I feel her desperation when she pleads for him to hurry back so she can free her heart to openly love Kobori.

But the scene that touched me even more was at the wedding when Ang was about to faint and he rushes to her rescue. Loved how he ever so softly asked if she was ok......the loving way he looked at her and she at him.......and for a moment there, Ang was able to let down her wall and just allowed herself to feel safe in his arms. 

Bie and Noona are giving me goosebumps  :wub:

teedee

sarNie Oldmaid
i need to express, gosh this week eps. so freakin sad!!! feel so sorry for Kobori :lmao:  hate Ang,so mean! wanna go in and smack her so bad. she just keep on hurting him over and over. sometimes feel like she's more n'rai than n'ek . i don't care about her reasons it's not good enough to sympathy for her anymore. feel so bad for Kobori for loving a girl like Angsumalin. i swear Kobori is the most pitiful p'ek character in thai lakorn ever. and one of the p'ek character  that i love so much. love Bie a lot in this character, he play his character so well. use his eyes and voice in expressing his emotions so well. got me so into it and cry so much. agree with ppl who say this lakorn hurt us viewers so deeply. painful watching this lakorn. we go crazy. happy then sad, then cry and depress. our hearts is touch and shatter along with Kobori with his love for Angsumalin. Koo Kum is the most sad, touching and classic story. can see why there is many re-makes. can't wait for next week eps. hope see some cute scenes of Ko&Ang. watch this lakorn give me many lessons in life: not to hurt ppl i love, to express my love to them openly/fully cos life is short don't know when we gonna separate. don't make promises to anyone cos can make you suffer in the future. love that person for who they are,don't anti/judge/hate them for their ethnics. love with ur heart,use feelings not reasons to love,don't have ego,pride about love. gosh i'm glad i'm not angsumalin cos don't wanna hurt the guy that i love and love me so much like kobori. so much suffer she has to endure after he passed away. there is a saying that say: to be in love is better than not to love at all. i disagree in this situation. if i have a love life like angsumalin, i rather not have and remain single. to meet and love and separate in such a short time is too much pain to endure

looksy

sarNie Adult
teedee said:
...and love Bie in this character, he play his character so well.  he use his eyes and voice in expressing his emotions so well. got me so into it and cried so much. 

Yes, yes, Bie is absolutely wonderful in this lakorn.  He is digging so deep within himself to make Kobori so real to us viewers.  Sometimes, he doesn't even have to say a single word. I just see the pain in Kobori(Bie's) eyes and it makes me want to cry for him.

cecilia

Staff member
gloria83 said:
can anyone translate the whole deck scene?
I'll give it a shot again (from doing homework)

Ang spoke as she turned her head around to see her handsome sad prince, Kobori <3 lol "Doctor, I thought you left."

With sadness, Kobori answered, "It's just me."

Surprised, confused, and happy all at once, Ang turned around to hide her emotion as she look on toward the river.

With his sad tone, Kobori asked, "Dr. Yoshi came to see you?"

Speechless, Ang slowly answered, "Yes.  He's probably free that's why he stop by to chat."

Kobori sighed and made his walk toward the woman he love with all his heart <3. 
He stopped behind her and said, "It's good that he has time ... but I ... hardly have time. "

Ang gulped and politely answered, "I'm aware."

Kobori continued, "Even if I'm free, you probably don't want to talk to me."

*Music came on .. to give more emote feeling to the audience lol

Kobori handsomely knelt down next to his lady love and continued, "I MISS YOU SO MUCH (!!!!!!! - can i put exclamation mark to emphasize his sexiness of being too blunt about his LOVE?)"

Yes, even Ang was surprised to see him being to blunt .. she stunned and speechless but yet still want to hear his sweet words with that anticipating look/feeling. 

Kobori added, "but I have a lot of work to keep me busy .. I played the 'Daosakesa' song .. I THOUGHT OF YOU (I miss you), I couldn't hold it in ..." THEN he stopped.

Ang turned her head around .. to silently and secretly scream in her heart, 'YES, HE SAID HE MISS ME lmao (i sure did if i'm in Ang's shoe).

With silence, Kobori turned his head to his left and thought hopelessly and said, "but you probably don't care about it.  Did you know about the [ Not sure - wedding prep?] "

Ang answered with no hesitation, "Yes," and made her way back to the house leaving him feeling more emote :(

*Perfect song came on 'EVEN THOUGHT YOU'RE MEAN, I COULDN'T HATE YOU.  I will not leave you.'

Kobori got up and followed the rush Ang and continued, "Dr. Yoshi came and talk to me.  He suggested that we should have a talk before it's too late."

With her pretentious anger, Ang answered harshly, "Is that so? But I think it's already too late.  For the big event that will take place, even if we agree on it, it doesn't mean that it'll be cancelled, isn't it?"

Frustration vs. anger, Kobori answered, "You knew it as much as I do .. that we can't solve anything now.  I did everything the best as I can but I didn't think that things will lead to be this big."

*Evil music came on lmao as Ang turned her head to look away from her SECRET lover

Kobori continued with frustration, "[couldn't catch the first part]. You probably won't see me for long.  Right now, war happens, things change everyday, perhaps, I'll get transfer to elsewhere far from here.  Or I could not return as well (as in die T_T)."

Ang froze upon hearing the last sentence as if her heart going to stop beating (hahaha .. she does look like it here).

With frustration, Kobori continued, "If you are tired/bore of seeing my face, I'll ask to transfer to the navy (boat).  And if you're lucky, I might get my bad luck quickly.  "

Unable to express her true feeling, with anger, she put the baskets down and angrily said, 'do as you like. Do whatever you want to take care of this problem.  '

Anger vs anger, Kobori answered, 'I knew it that I'll hear this kind of answer from you.' leaving a stunned Ang to ponder.

He continued, "You probably feel the happiest the day I die and leave you.' (Ang may be happy but I'm not .. DON'T DIE! - Come back to love me, Kobo-bie <3).

With no anger management training, Ang retorted, 'That's right. I'm waiting for that day.'

*Evil music came again -- scaring my Kobo-bie lmao

Kobori was taken back .. and so was Ang .. she couldn't believe what she said out loud! (yup, she's going to pay for these feeling after he leave forever T_T)

Slowly, they cool down ... after realizing what they have said in this PROVOKING CONVERSATION lol

Hopefully in love and lost, Kobori added more salt into Ang's dish as he contiued, "Well then, continue praying ... so that the day that you hope for will arrive soon like you want (than you thought :( - STOP TALKING ABOUT DEATH - I CAN'T TAKE THIS ANYMORE!!!)' 

Ang took a deep gulp and silently cry inside (if i'm reading her mind right lmao)

With her mask back on, she added, "I will certainly do it. Don't you worry"

Argh! An arrow pierced trhough Kobori's chest .. not b/c of love (or maybe) but due to his lady love pretentious words T_T

Confidently, he repeated, "I'm not scare of death.  I used to think that ... death will probably be the most happiest moment of my life. "  With these death talk, another arrow flew by and pierced deep into Ang's heart.

Kobori turned to head to look around the dock area .. and the beautiful filled fireflies sky and gently said, "The sky is beautiful tonight.  You probably want this night .. to reminiscence of the one you love."

Ang was stunned b/c he guessed right .. she has been dreaming and thinking of him LOL

Kobori turned and continued, "and curse and pray for the one you hate ..."

Ang, still speechless, hurt, unable to answer anything back.  Kobori ended this horrible night (where it is suppose to be romantic) with his 'GOODBYE.'

With curiosity and longing love, Ang quickly stop him with her concern question, "Do you have a lot of work?"  With confuse feeling, Kobori turned to look on the lost puppy Ang ... He tilted his head and looked up at the sky and noticed the many fireflies.  He softly asked, "what do the Thai people call them?"

With some deep silent happy thought, Ang nicely answered him, 'Fireflies - Hing Hoey."

Kobori mimicked her, "Hing Hoey" then slowly made his way back to be with his ladylove.

With a scare feeling that she'll go weak, Ang continued to look on at her future husband lol

*BEAUTIFUL ROMANTIC MUSIC CAME ON AGAIN -- gosh, whoever edit this part .. certainly know how to kill me .. I cry, i laugh, i love .. and then i cry again *sighed*

Kobori walked pass Ang with his eyes concentrate on the fireflies.  With gentleness, Ang told him a story, "It was believe that this is the spirit/soul of a young man.  Who continuously search for his drowning wife.  Her name is Lampu just like this tree here. That's why the fireflies like to be around the Lampu tree."

With endearing love, Kobori turned around and told Ang a similar story in Japan, "The Japanese has a similar story like this as well. It's called, "The Weaving Princess [something like that] and the farmer.  Both of them love each other a lot but are stop/separate by their parent - they don't even see each other.  Finally, God sympathize them and transform them into stars ... staying in the milky-way (i think) They come to meet each other once a year ... on the 7th of July and the Star festival day (Tanabata = read the story here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tanabata), everyone draw flower on paper .. and hang them together (something like that) in place of the stars.   When there's love, there's always sadness too. "

The two dazed off into their little world ... Kobori put his hand up to one of the firefly and added, 'just like him, he continuously find his lovers throughout (all) his life."  With teary eyes, he asked Ang, "What about you? Are you waiting for someone?"

With hesitation, Ang added, "Yes."

*Awesome suspense Japanese music came on .. leaving my kobo-bie sad again.

Unable to do anything, he told her, "You can stop arguing with me.  I'm sorry for being the root cause of all the trouble/problem."

Ang quickly tried to tell him not to think too much, "It's not like that .. just that ..."

She tried to explain, "he asked me to wait, that's all." (Hahaha, it's confirmed, she indirectly expressed her feeling here - see the way she brush Wanut away .. feel bad for the poor guy -- she's using him to shield her weakness b/c she know .. at the end of the day, she's KOBORI .. always and forever -- hahaha, i'm in LALALA land - do join me in this parade lol)

Kobori asked the hesitant Ang, "But you thought about .. waiting for him, right?"

Unable to say much, b/c she know -- she loves him --Kobori but something is stopping her!!!!! (argh! so angry at her here - being bipolar lol)  She was so hurt with the way she blinked and looked on at him .. with love and hesitation.

To ease away the helplessness, Kobori added, "I understood it now .. if only you told me earlier; thing would have been better."

With more worry of misunderstanding, Ang continued to insisted, "It's not like that .. I just ..."

Kobori interrupted, "You want to keep your promise.  It's good that we talked.  I will try to look for ways to see if there is anything else I can do." With worry that she won't get to marry him (hahaha - my thought), she couldn't utter out anything.

Kobori continued, "Tomorrow, I'll go and discuss with my uncle and the other party (political party) .. perhaps, we could solve something out."

Still in fear of not getting marry to him, Ang looked on stun. Kobori continued to ease his heart and said, "But please, don't hope for too much.  Both of us .. are tied .. unable to get out of this together. "  He bid his farewell and walked away from her, leaving her speechless .. don't know what or how to react to such suggestion.

She followed the rush Kobori and called out his name, "Kobori."

Upon hearing her soft and gentle voice calling his name, Kobori stopped and turned to look at her.

With concern, Ang slowly asked, "And you .. is there someone waiting for you?"

With no hesitation, he answered, "There is."

Shocked, jealous -- yes, J.E.A.L.O.U.S eyes, Ang looked on with sadness/devastation.

Kobori added, "There's a woman ... she always wait for me.  She's probably is the only one ... who truly love me."

Ang looked hurt ... and JEALOUS lmao

Kobori continued, "And maybe she's the only one ... who pray for me every night ... while other woman ... "

Ang looked even more jealous and hurtful now (served you right).

Kobori turned away from her and looked down .. and added, "Forget it.  My life is not all that good. I've never have anything that are mine.  My life belongs to the (government system).  My heart (he looked at her .. and indirectly told her) .. belongs to someone else.  My body, i probably have to give it to (not sure -  mother earth?).  But i don't know where. It's quite funny .. how we are born in one place and when we died .. we lay hopelessly somewhere ... (STOP TALKING ABOUT DEATH!!!! I HAVE ENOUGH T______T)."

With teary eyes and some feeling i can't read from Ang, she added, "Someday, you'll meet her again."

Kobori corrected her nicely, "Not her .. but Madam (thun) (Ang once again -- shocked) .. b/c she's my mother."

Defeated and hopeful in some way, Ang looked on with ease .. Kobori smirked and said, "It's late, you've wasted a lot of time talking to me ... please excuse my leave."

He bowed his head down and turned around, about to walk away .. but was stopped by Ang's gentle call, "KOBORI."

He turned around to see the concern Ang ... she tried hard to hold her feeling and gulped deeply .. then added, "Tonight, I'll pray for you." 

*Touching music came on -- making me feel all emote again with mix emotions

Hopelessly in love, he sadly turned around and walked toward Angsumalin.  The two misunderstanding lovebird have a deep silent eye locks stare ... Kobori stopped an arm away from Ang and thanks her, "Thank you, but it's alright." 

Ang looked on .. hurt .. and taken back.

Kobori continued, 'please send it to the one you love. His life means a lot more to you than mine' -- HAHAHA, she'll pray for you regardless b/c you're the one she LOVE with all her heart, her soul <3  With his final bow, he took off leaving Ang questioning herself ... as she quietly told herself, "Wanut, come back. Come back to take your promise.  Wanut, come back." --- She's begging for him to return to take this burden away from her so she can live freely and happily with the one she love :wub:

Wow - that was long ^___^

roselovesice

방탄소년단 x Bangtan Sonyeondan x JiTaew
Thanks Ceci for translating the dock scene. It's so touching! I love you side comments by the way! You're so funny and silly. Totally made me laugh. 555 I would love to join the parade as well! :D Hehhe! 
Oh Kobori and Ang. I don't know what to do with you two anymore. I thought I was bipolar. Ang is more bipolar than I am. 555 She's probably the most bipolar nang'ek ever and Kobori is probably the most pitiful pra'ek ever. This is just sad. lol Monday-Tuesday sounds so far away. I don't think I can wait any longer. Haha! But, I would learn how to be patient for my Kobori & Angsumalin! :D
Thanks again Ceci! Much appreciated na!  :heart:

Now, back to rewatching todays episode for the 100th time. 555  :bhehe:

mizzniki

sarNie Hatchling
Bie-Noona singing the theme ost .... ​
 ​
 ​
during their wedding scene so many bad sign... 1st the drinking sake... Ang put down her drink 1st and the stun look on kobori look piss and sad.  2nd  one is Kobori leaving the wedding room... which being marry on the wedding night you cant leave the room at all.​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
the pain on his face​
 ​
awww still worry about his Ang​
cr biefanclub​
 ​
 ​
monday episode =)​
 ​

Bieluvr

XiaojuXiyou
mizzniki, thanks for sharing all the pics. Also, I agree with you, there are so many bad signs that happen in here. When Kobori went out of the room for Ung to change, I was like no!!! Don't idiot! But he did anyway. Shouldn't Ung know this and not tell him to go out. The drinking thing couldn't be stopped, but this could. (Shakes Head is dissatisfaction) I just loved Kobo_Bie so much during their wedding when he would be talking to someone but keep turning to look over at Ung. Also when he caught her, she just looked up at him like there was no one there and nothing to worry about. @Cecilia, thanks for the translation. Love your side comments as well. They were so funny, I also had mixed feelings on this part too. Monday seems so far away now, but no matter what, I will wait and let my heart be torn in pain just for my Kobo-Bie. If only i can take the pain for him i would.

rak_lakorn

sarNie Egg
thanks ceci! i got to admit that scene was extremely long but it was bitter sweet for me lol i enjoyed it!  plus it makes up for the last few ep i feel that they didnt have many scene together although they did have sweet moments... that was probably the longest scene of just them two :D .... then suddenly when i think of the ending i become TT_TT

Areeya

sarNie Adult
Correct me if I'm wrong...wasn't the promise between noona and her friend abt them meeting back and ask one another if their feeling still the same or not so I Dnt think if noona have a change of heart it wouldn't b a problem I Dnt kno why she have to treat bie like that

Bieluvr

XiaojuXiyou
This is how much I'm obsessed with Koo gum:

Ying tum pen mai ruk mak kae nai, ying tau-ra-mahn jai mak kae nun, ying rao taung ma jur gun took ah-tit, chun taab ja tai tau nah tur.
Bauk tua eng, hai halm jai, tae hua jai young mee tur samur...Ja tum young ngai gaw young ruk, ruk tur kon diow.

Gosh, these words explains so well how i feel about Koo Gum and my Kobo-Bie. LOL :) Monday, when are you going to get here?

gloria83

sarNie Adult
WOW!  Thanks so much for the translation Ceci!  Im obsessed and overdose on episode 14 too many times but still cant get enough.  Its pretty out there that she loves him but he can not see that anymore cause he is too heartbroken.  But Kobori loves loves her so much still.  I loved the scene during their wedding when the guest are all talking to them and taking picures with them and Kobori kept looking at Ang anywhere she went.  Its like he wanted to make sure she was ok cause he  knew somehow that she would be drunk..lol...then he suddenly caught her when she almost fell over, how cute!!!!  I know we all watched that scene over and over again.

Dreamlove

sarNie Juvenile
Monday is a long way, can't wait for the next few episodes. There're so many bad signs on their wedding (is that why the ending has to be like that......). I agree that Kobori is the most pitiful pra'ek in Thai lakorns and maybe even in history. LOVE to look at Bie's (Kobori) eyes, it makes me want to cry and Bie is super duper good at expressing his feelings from his eyes, you can tell that his eyes are watery and is about to cry, but he would just hold the pain inside deep. LOVE BIE SUPER DUPER MUCH!!!

cikna

sarNie Adult
cecilia said:
I'll give it a shot again (from doing homework)

Wow - that was long ^___^

thanks ceci for the wonderful translation. Have been a silent lurker for a while. I used to be able to watch thai lakorns without translation even though i understand almost nothing what is being said. but now, i tend to wait for subs to come to completely understand what is going on. and then, the wedding scene came out. without the subs, i finished the episode successfully. is there anywhere i can go to see summary for each episode??

NdA

1023er ^^:BieNa :^^
cikna said:
thanks ceci for the wonderful translation. Have been a silent lurker for a while. I used to be able to watch thai lakorns without translation even though i understand almost nothing what is being said. but now, i tend to wait for subs to come to completely understand what is going on. and then, the wedding scene came out. without the subs, i finished the episode successfully. is there anywhere i can go to see summary for each episode??
@cikna we are on a same boat. Usually I'll waiting patiently for english subtitles..but gosh with koo gum I'm barely waiting for it airing. This show getting better & better..

sl33py

sarNie Hatchling
I don't care about other Koo Gum version or how the novel was written...but this one, can we please have Kobori survive at the end:(
Or Kobori died and drama continues to the next generation, where they two meet again!

sarNie Adult
this is the only koogum i've watched the majority of. i watched some of the beginning of the num/benz one and then just skipped all the way to the end. the soundtrack on that one is unbeatable though. probably won't ever watch the older versions.

Miley19

sarNie Juvenile
Every time I come in this thread I feel cry... I just rewatch ep 14 gosh they scene are alway sad and heartbroken mak mak.