[Ch3] Sawan Bieng (Lakorn Thai)

Dal

***LOVE, LOVE YADECH***
Ken's acting in this lakorn is very well done. I enjoyed how well he conveyed the emotions. I cried when Kit died. Kawee is a big jerk!!!

fun

Expired Sarnie
Ah I haven't been in this thread for a long while.

Nolee, it's okay some people dislike the multiple R scenes but glad to know you enjoyed it.

I personally love this lakorn and I personally fell in love with Kawee. Ken was so convincing as Kawee- all the emotion coming from him was wicked awesome. My heart wrenching favorite scene was when Kawee admit fault to his deceased father- I almost died there lol. And nevertheless the ending was totally off the chart. I loved it, the proposal and just how understanding Narin is. The simple kiss was flawless, very touching and very powerful. Although I didn't like the multiple rape, I thought this was exceptionally well done and casting was just perfect.

trina_ben

sarNie Adult
i just finished re-watching this! :ph34r:
ahhh... it still didn't fail to make me cry! gosh, i just love her line:

when i close my eyes, i only see nightmares. when i wake up, i only see the dream that can't come true :(

anyway, i still got questions about thai culture and some about this lakorn...

1) is it really a big insult for thais when someone slaps you? and is kissing the feet of the person being offended the only way to make amends? or were those just exaggerations?
2) when a person is raped, will the thai society consider the girl a victim? or will she be condemned by the society (as in the case in pakistan)? :blink: would the second case be the reason why narin kept it to herself that she was raped?
3) why did narin also kneel before kawee after he asked her to marry him?

trina_ben

sarNie Adult
yes there is chibilite ^_^ wishboniko subbed and uploaded this in youtube.
have u seen oum ruk too?
actually, this is their 3rd drama together and was shown last year. their fourth one will be aired on oct 29, 2009!

chibilite

sarNie Egg
yes there is chibilite ^_^ wishboniko subbed and uploaded this in youtube.
have u seen oum ruk too?
actually, this is their 3rd drama together and was shown last year. their fourth one will be aired on oct 29, 2009!

wow, third? :D Can't wait to see them all. I've just finished Oum Ruk and been trying to see which dramas got Ken and Ann in it for me to watch next. Since there are 4 of them, yay!

fun

Expired Sarnie
anyway, i still got questions about thai culture and some about this lakorn...

1) is it really a big insult for thais when someone slaps you? and is kissing the feet of the person being offended the only way to make amends? or were those just exaggerations?
2) when a person is raped, will the thai society consider the girl a victim? or will she be condemned by the society (as in the case in pakistan)? :blink: would the second case be the reason why narin kept it to herself that she was raped?
3) why did narin also kneel before kawee after he asked her to marry him?
1) It's universal that a slap across the face is either: the person deserved it, the person was jerking off, and it could possibly be an insult too. It has nothing to do with Thai people in general. If you got slap... you sure will be pissed too lmao. Kissing the feet, or bowing down to the feet can be both respect or to make amends. The feet is considered to be the dirtiest part of your body thus when kissing or bowing down shows great respect. So if your enemy makes you bow down to their feet, you would lose your pride. Something along the line like that.

2)"Rape" is quite complicated in terms of lakorn world. Look at it this way, when pra ek rapes nang ek, it is consider okay [awkward, I know]. Showing willingness is a sign of weakness and easy to be brought in bed.

3) Well I guess being level (face to face). It doesn't have to do with cultural differences or anything.

pink_juliet_kashie

sarNie Oldmaid
ah i miss this thread anyways Ken gave an interview and he stated that his favorite character is Kavee ah..good for him..lol u can read the interview on dirtii laundry

Dal

***LOVE, LOVE YADECH***
Well, Kawee was an intense/hard character to portray for sure. I've said it before and I'll say it again, Ken did a fantastic job-so emotional to the enth degree.

fun

Expired Sarnie
I know. I think Kawee was his best role- not best but how he portrayed Kawee. His acting was very strong. I don't know how much I have stressed this but I can't forget his performances in here.

iluvjin

sarNie Adult
I really love this lakorn! I will re watch it again after break!! I found a really good song to make MV with this lakorn! Although it might not turn out the way some people will like! :blush:

I can't wait to make this mv!! :lol:

trina_ben

sarNie Adult
:blink: fun! how come you're not in the ssh thread? :lol:

yeah jin, i wanna watch this again... oum ruk too!

iluvjin

sarNie Adult
:lol: I'll have to download the episodes so it might take sometime. But I'll start today!! I make sure to finish it before this month ends!! :lol:

tfilipina We should have a K-A lakorn marathon!! It would be fun! ^_^

trina_ben

sarNie Adult
hahaha! i already dl-ed the subbed sb and oum ruk months ago! lol!
ok, i'll wait for u to finish dl-ing.
but make sure to write your epi summaries of ssh and fanfic too! hahaha! i''m sure you'll have one helluva xmas break writing and watching!

fun

Expired Sarnie
Well actually I haven't been very active on the forum. I will be in SSH thread once I catch up. I don't know why but I am watching a lot of Japanese dramas. I don't know but most of the guys are... well I don't usually use the term "ugly" but omg they are indeed ugly! I only have about 4-5 Japanese actor that I think is actually good looking along with talented. And their dramas are a bit dull esp with romance incorporated. My favorites Japanese dramas are Hana Kimi, 1 Litre of Tears, Sailor Moon (lmao the live action version), Innocent Love (not really but it comes closest to the rest) and I think that is pretty much it. And I have been going on a Korean drama rampage. And a little obsess with the Taiwanese drama Autumn Concerto. And of course there is Soot Sanae Ha, but I don't know why I am putting it off. I love it so far. I am still stuck on episode 8 and watched what annoyomus blue has subbed on YT.

iluvjin

sarNie Adult
Okay i finished this one but this is my second one. I'm still working on the first one that i was talking about. :blush:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQrFw7ssB64

I hope you gals like it! I love the song!