[Ch3] Rising Sun Series 1: Roy Ruk Hak Liam Tawan (Maker Group)

krakatowa

sarNie Egg
I've enjoyed reading everyone's thoughts on this wonderful love story of Takeshi and Seiko.  Thank you for sharing!  

In my opinion, it’s heartbreaking for Seiko to feel that she has to reject Takeshi’s marriage proposal and for Takeshi to be rejected by the
love of his life (the star that illuminates his lonely journey as a warrior).  To understand Seiko’s decision, I think it is important to recognize Seiko’s upbringing as a farmer’s daughter who has lived a very much simpler and more peaceful existence until she met Takeshi.   In the book, Seiko’s character
was described as someone who is “beautiful, shy and very soft spoken and does not like confrontation.” 

We also have to remember that in a short period of time Seiko’s life was turned upside down (physically and emotionally) because of her relationship
with Takeshi, i.e. she was kidnapped by Kenichi; she was physically and emotionally abused and harassed by Aiko; she was made 2nd wife for her
protection; she had to witness her lover being shot and fight for his life.  Geez! What an emotional roller coaster!!  No matter how strong you are, anyone having to go through these events in their life (I think the timeline here is within a few months) will have a difficult time dealing with them.  In hindsight, Seiko should have stood by her man, the love of her life, regardless of the consequences but given her upbringing and personality, I understand her decision.  Sometimes we need time apart to really appreciate what is most important in our lives; so I see Seiko’s decision as a way to give her time to think about her love for Takeshi and her commitment to be with Takeshi for better or worse.  

junemaikao

sarNie Hatchling
jjinxx said:
^^^Okay, please don't take offense. I really just want to share my own thoughts to the words I read that are posted on here. 
I think in Seiko's dream, her parents' words were her own conscience telling her about HER OWN thoughts. I honestly believe that a person's true thoughts come out in dreams. So while it was through the mouth of her parents, those thoughts were her own. And I think it's very reasonable to say not to the person you love if the life she will have with him will be unhealthy in any way, including physically or mentally.

I don't think that Seiko can be called a tease -- because she was kidnapped and Takeshi decided on his own that he would take her in as his Okusan. She had no say, and if it was a choice between being out in the city battling Aiko's jealousy, or being a bit safer in Takeshi's home, I don't think she has much choice. To me, Seiko has never "led Takeshi on" because all of her words, her actions, have been sincere. And not once has she said or shown that she likes the warrior lifestyle or being Okusan. She openly admits she loves him and she accepts his love, but she has been consistent in reminding Takeshi that their lives are different, she doesn't know how long she can be Okusan. And I think Seiko is a great example of the awesome truth that a woman can be independent; that she can love someone else and also respect herself and her desires; that maybe she is giving him up, not just for his safety, but for herself too. 

I understand that this is just a lakorn, and sometimes, I get more attached to some lakorn than to others, so I'm not trying to call anything out. :) I just really like Seiko, Takeshi, and I like the circumstances that this love story is set upon. Please ignore this comment if it seems I'm "taking things too seriously" lol because I have a lot of these thoughts when watching Thai lakorn. tl;dr
I totally agreed with you too though I really want seiko to say yes and married takeshi...seiko was just being honest to herself even though she love takeshi as much...she was just doing what her mind is telling her to do, like following the path of life she dreamed of. She had always made it clear that she will go back to thailand once she graduate. She had no choice but to accepted the title, "okusan" just like takeshi said, it was for her own safety plus takeshi promised that they will be husband and wife just in name only. There will be no attachment and as soon as she graduate and leave for thailand everything also come to an end.

Because of takeshi's love for her...she can see how much he loves her, she can't resist takeshi's love anymore and finally gave in to him because she also love him as much as he love her. She decided to tell him the truth that she had no boyfriend back in thailand as well as confessed her love for him and gave him her body but doesn't mean she will stay with him. She gave in because she said they don't have a lot of time left together and for once she wanted to follow her own heart, being happy with the man she love, at least until she going back to thailand. She never said that she will stay because that was never her attention in the beginning...she always said she will go back home.

If takeshi hadn't proposed and asked for her marriage she might still stay with him until she graduate. And I understand what takeshi was doing is by honoring the woman of his life. But because of this seiko have ended their relationship because sooner or later she will leave him. So there's no point to stay with him anymore because she knows her heart well that she can't married him, his world is not the world she wanted. Seiko is a great example of a independent woman who is being true to herself. She is not hesitate to express her thoughts. She rejected his proposal but remind him of their different paths of life. And he understand her well that's why when Ryu told him to go after her he said it's no use.

can't wait til wednesday again..for the last ep...takeshi will be so happy when he know that seiko is pregnant.

TAKESHI AND SEIKO FOREVE LOVES!

alwaizemeeh

sarNie Adult
lol @Mahalo I know I meant more of off screen not on screen? I saw some pictures of bts of 3zaap and I've usually seen him more reserved than that or maybe I wasn't a big Mario fan than I am now.

OHOaddict

The Dahlia Goddess
Ooh I love it when you guys break up the story and talk about the little bitty things. It allows other viewers to see the different perspectives and from there learn more from the lakorn. Hopefully this last episode is extra bloody since the fights in previous eps sorta sucked ?? Epic battle, deaths, possible HEA. Im just curious as to how it will wrap up and connects to part 2. I wish the author published her book into english:( especially authors 4 HJHKK, Gentleman series and sixth sense. If only.

jjinxx

Is your "nom" Fai-approved?
yeah, in lakorn, physically bonding is a way to show each other (and viewers) that the couple is saying they'll be together forever. That's why I love Seiko's decision and the progressive route this love story takes. Because sleeping with the love of her life doesn't mean Seiko has set aside her goals or her desire for a safe and secure life. For me, it's an act of love, purely an act of love. It doesn't bind her to Takeshi. It isn't a promise. It's a decision to be intimate with Takeshi. And I love love love the respect they have for one another! That Takeshi doesn't want to force her because he understands the unappealing nature of souryo/okusan/okamisan roles. And of course, the respect Seiko has for herself, not forcing herself into the role of okusan because she wants better different things.

Too many times, I wait several episodes for a nang ek to grow out of being a doormat, heh, that's why Seiko is one of the strongest, most loving n'ek to me. Strong doesn't have to be sassy, outspoken, loud, or physically tough, so I think Makers Group is awesome for giving us this really cool female character.

good discussion btw! :) I'm so excited for the HEA in next episode! And of course, getting to see Seiko and Takeshi continue their life in Thailand!

Mahalo

sarNie OldFart
What is HEA guys? Lol. I've seen this in Raak Boon 2 too. Is it a new term to refer to a baby?? Or are you using a Chinese term for a man to describe a baby boy? And if they were to make part three, I want Yaya and Mario to pair up since Taew and Nadech are already in LSR.

jjinxx

Is your "nom" Fai-approved?
Mahalo said:
What is HEA guys? Lol. I've seen this in Raak Boon 2 too. Is it a new term to refer to a baby?? Or are you using a Chinese term for a man to describe a baby boy? And if they were to make part three, I want Yaya and Mario to pair up since Taew and Nadech are already in LSR.
Happily Ever after ;)

OHOaddict

The Dahlia Goddess
It's an acronym like "lol" laugh out loud. Sorry I use it all the time. I must've been the one who used it in the Raak Boon 2. Hehe

x0unerthanlater

`my dragon's blood is blue`
Mahalo said:
LOL. Thanks jjnxx. I was way off. 

lol! I am ususally way off with acronyms too. A lot of authors use HEA, so I see it quite often enough.

I love discussions where everyone has their own input and interpretation of the story.
We can all agree to disagree about Seiko's decision.
I understand completely why she made the choice she did, because of her personality and character.

Personally, if I were in her shoes I would stick next to my man no matter how dangerous his life was.
I'd be too worried leaving him anyway. Might as well stay close so I can hug him at night and see him in the morning.
And about the whole social class thing, I guess I don't have that perspective since I never had to live in that kind of society,
but Seiko is a Thai woman and her upbringing doesn't allow her the freedom to embrace what her heart wants.

junemaikao

sarNie Hatchling
i just love come in here and read all the comments about takeshi and seiko....i don't know what to do after this lakorn end...this is the only lakorn i'm in love with and watching right now...

phoenix81

sarNie Juvenile
WOW!! Love all of your discussion :)

Finally watched Ep 9 & 10 with Eng subtitles. There were so many scenes which I like in these two episodes. Takeshi is doing such a great job as the Onizuka souryo that I am beginning to get attached to his role. I am going to miss both Takeshi and Seiko greatly when this series come to an end next week. I am sure there will gonna be a withdrawal syndrome. But I do look forward to their sweet and loving scenes in Part 2 (although they might not be in the leading roles) and that makes me feel so much better.

In Episode 10, I felt really sorry for Satoshi. I was hoping he might survive. I might not like his character, but deep down he is not as bad as he appeared to be. His death actually makes me feel sad for Aiko too. She can a spoilt-brat all she wants but she is greatly loved by Satoshi. It was his love for his sister that makes him hate the Onizuka’s. Ah…. Such tragic!!!

As for Ryu, the emotional scene when he knew of his parent’s death was caused by Kenichi / Misawa was good too. Nadech was able to show sadness as well as anger at the same time. My heart hurts so much when they were showing the flashback of a very happy Ryu with his family.

But of all the scenes, the proposal scene was the most heartbreaking for me. As an ordinary woman, it’s natural for Seiko to be fearful of the future as the warrior’s wife and especially so for their children who will not able to escape from the vengeance from other clans. This doesn’t mean she does not love Takeshi enough. It actually shows how much she loves him to the point that she has to leave him because the love is too painful. I really love
it when she says ‘Love does not necessarily end in a marriage’.  

Well, after this series, Mario and Taew really have to have another lakorn together. In their previous collaboration, they looked cute and adorable as Mario was quite young looking back then but in the Rising Sun, their on-screen chemistry is really good and sizzling. The way they both looked longingly at each other almost tears my heart apart as well as makes me swoon. Really, I am gonna miss this couple a lot!!!

samn09

sarNie Egg
Does anyone know if the Morning show for Mario and Taew are subbed? I can't find it on Youtube... :cry: :cry: :cry:

imomo

sarNie Hatchling
samn09 said:
Does anyone know if the Morning show for Mario and Taew are subbed? I can't find it on Youtube... :cry: :cry: :cry:
 I watched in Thai, I don't think anyone subbed it. Is nothing special, they talked about a little bit of the storyline and how the filming setting are like and how their characters in the series are like.

junemaikao

sarNie Hatchling
imomo said:
 I watched in Thai, I don't think anyone subbed it. Is nothing special, they talked about a little bit of the storyline and how the filming setting are like and how their characters in the series are like.
I actually thought this show was cute...it shows how comfortable they are with each other. Mario and Taew are so comfortable with each other and they seemed to have chemistry off screen too. I liked it when mario talked about taew..even if he was referring to the lakorn but the way he looked at her was amazing. And when he said she is cute even when she walks.  

Hanajungupup

sarNie Adult
junemaikao said:
I actually thought this show was cute...it shows how comfortable they are with each other. Mario and Taew are so comfortable with each other and they seemed to have chemistry off screen too. I liked it when mario talked about taew..even if he was referring to the lakorn but the way he looked at her was amazing. And when he said she is cute even when she walks.  

True! I think I like you too...The way Taew is all smile and bright and comfortable around Mario is what I like about their friendship! This must be really precious
And I notice the way Taew hold his finger after the acting scene too..It's actually cute and adorable...

phoenix81

sarNie Juvenile
Imomo & junemaikao thank you for letting us know a little about the TV variety show. Would really appreciate it if you could tell us more and also of their other videos. I have been having difficulty finding eng sub videos of Mario and Taew. Have to agree with you both and Hanajungupup that both Mario and Taew looked cute and comfortable with each other be it on or off screen. Hanajungupup, I have to go watch it again. I might have missed that part out coz too busy drooling over this love birds, awww......