[Ch3] Plerng Boon (Makers Group)

Kiachue1

FF Writer!! Love it!
I'm in love with Louis though. He should be given p'ek instead ya know. He can act much better than these other p'eks. Just saying.

I'm annoyed by Janie screen time, why does she have so much screen time? All I see her doing is complaining and staring.

I'm also annoyed by belles character. She sees right through Janie and ignores it. Wth did she let her come stay in there house for? U know she was his ex and u know ur husband clearly hates her why would u do that to yourself. This is where u call too nice too kind to other people....to the point where u don't know how to love yourself. I say belles character was just asking for the trouble coming her way. If she didn't let Janie come stay close to them and finally tell her no....maybe she wouldn't hadn't been use as a stepping stone to get to her husband.

And pong should of known better. Shame on all of them.

Dal

***LOVE, LOVE YADECH***
I'm in love with Louis though. He should be given p'ek instead ya know. He can act much better than these other p'eks. Just saying.

I'm annoyed by Janie screen time, why does she have so much screen time? All I see her doing is complaining and staring.

I'm also annoyed by belles character. She sees right through Janie and ignores it. Wth did she let her come stay in there house for? U know she was his ex and u know ur husband clearly hates her why would u do that to yourself. This is where u call too nice too kind to other people....to the point where u don't know how to love yourself. I say belles character was just asking for the trouble coming her way. If she didn't let Janie come stay close to them and finally tell her no....maybe she wouldn't hadn't been use as a stepping stone to get to her husband.

And pong should of known better. Shame on all of them.
Louis just keeps getting better and better with his roles. His chemistry with Yaya was hot and sweet at the same time. There is chemistry there between him and Bella. He is an actor that takes on these challenging roles that I like. There are so many good lessons for society to learn from in this lakorn.

I am so annoyed that Pim would let Reing come live with her in her family's house like that! Pim is very naïve. If having Reing in Pim's life will wake her up to the real Reing, then so be it!!!

Janie is a good actress but her face has been so "frozen" lately.

jeanie1

sarNie Adult
I haven't had time to watch the last 2 episodes but saw pictures of Louis/Bella and I want to ship them but another Rerng's ex? A no no.

Kiachue it's because of "boon koon." Thai culture is big on boon koon even if it comes at the expense of yourself. That's why we have a lot of lakorns with what I think are dumb weak n'eks.

No joke I saw a lot of posts saying Pim and her family are basically ungrateful bitches because Rerng paid for Pim's dad surgery. I'm not sure what the scenes were cause I haven't seen it but I gather Pim's family were talking bad about Rerng or something? Pim is a no-win character. She's either dumb (this is the side I'm on) or ungrateful lol.

But in that sense, this book/lakorn is pretty radical. It's punishing Pim for knowing boon koon and saying maybe it's not such a good quality in some cases.

spanky

sarNie OldFart
Pim is damn if you do and damn if you don't...Book Koon is soo Big

Pim's gut instincts tell her something is fishy...but she want/chose to believe that Her hubby is a good person ( from what she known, he was a good man) and Rern is her good friend (she known her forever and her fam owes them)

Don't blame anyone really....these are human nature...it serves a purpose

byebye

sarNie OldFart
I think sometimes people choose to believe there is good in people no matter how bad they are. It seemed that's where Pim is at. She might feel something isn't right but her outlook on people probably override it. One is a friend the other is her husband. A bit naive yes...she is inviting a snake to her nest that is already ready to bite her. She will pay the price for being nice.

Kiachue1

FF Writer!! Love it!
I haven't had time to watch the last 2 episodes but saw pictures of Louis/Bella and I want to ship them but another Rerng's ex? A no no.

Kiachue it's because of "boon koon." Thai culture is big on boon koon even if it comes at the expense of yourself. That's why we have a lot of lakorns with what I think are dumb weak n'eks.

No joke I saw a lot of posts saying Pim and her family are basically ungrateful bitches because Rerng paid for Pim's dad surgery. I'm not sure what the scenes were cause I haven't seen it but I gather Pim's family were talking bad about Rerng or something? Pim is a no-win character. She's either dumb (this is the side I'm on) or ungrateful lol.

But in that sense, this book/lakorn is pretty radical. It's punishing Pim for knowing boon koon and saying maybe it's not such a good quality in some cases.
From my understanding of the that scene was that they were telling Pim, that Rarng is bad news but Pim stated that Rerng is a family friend and now she is in trouble so she has to help.

But I don't quiet understand what boon koon means it's my first time hearing it.

spanky

sarNie OldFart
Boon koon - you owe the person (lack of better words)

Your parents - they give birth to you ...take care of you...flooded boon koon....thats why most characters are so restricted

Shit...that lakorn with BoHee ( ae/ek...remake pong...remake ester and sean)....non stop BOON KOON

D~D

sarNie Adult
If anyone knows where I can watch this with eng subbed- let me know:angel10::angel10:. So far, I got to watched Ep:1+2 subbded on youtube (now is blocked). =(

jeanie1

sarNie Adult
Yeah what Spanky said. It's like a debt of gratitude or being indebted to someone who did you a favor. No exceptions and if you don't repay it back, then you'll have to repay it in the next lifetime and next...

Also, you don't just owe that person but it expands to that person's family too. This is why in lakorns you see a lot of doormat n'eks becaues n'eks are supposed to be the model of goodness and what to do. You can't stand up for yourself because somehow you owe them in some way even if it's 6 degrees of separation. And if someone did your family a favor, not you directly, you "inherit" that debt too. In almost every lakorn you always hear parents lecture n'eks about so and so doing them a favor 40 years ago so now you have to be nice to them, their kids, their grand kids etc. People's interpretation of it take it to that extreme. It's messed up when originally the concept was supposed to be a good life lesson.

Another thing is some people put a cost on "boon koon" based off of what it meant to the receiver instead of the giver. Like if you give a starving homeless person a burger, it would be seen as the homeless guy now owes you something equal to their life because technically you saved their life, when you buying McDonalds didn't cost you anything! Like some people are like Pim and her family owes Jai Rerng so much because Rerng "saved" the daddy's life. But giving away that money had no impact on Rerng's life cause her family was so rich back then. It probably cost Rerng another LV handbag or something and yet Pim has to repay with her heart and marriage.

spanky

sarNie OldFart
well put jeanie

"If you do something good and expect something in return, it's not kindness. It's called a business exchange"

"peace"

sarNie Tombstone
hmm since there is no sub for the ep 4 and 5 i'm gonna just watch raw

i don't understand why he is sad for divorcing her

Last edited:

Saechash

sarNie Juvenile
hmm since there is no sub for the ep 4 and 5 i'm gonna just watch raw

i don't understand why he is sad for divorcing her
I think at one point, Tot was actually in love with her, at least that's part of why he married her. It broke him a little when he asked her if she ever loved him and she was her usual narcissistic self cause she never did love him or Rerg. She likes attention on her and money. She looked Rerg up before even attempting anything with him. Think part of it was Rerg's dad was somewhat known, had his own business, and a way to rub it into Pim (she has some crazed internal competition with Pim and thinks she owns her), but then Tot came along who's an even bigger fish since Rerg was really just starting in his own and not completely tied to his father's business.

THaiMovieLover

sarNie Oldmaid
I feel like Rerg does not love Pim. Like he only ask to marry her to prove a point that someone is willing to marry him. Like how he buys her a brand name purse and a car, it seems as if he is trying to tell Rerng that she was wrong for thinking he wasn't capable of buying those things. But, I want him to love Pim.

"peace"

sarNie Tombstone
I think at one point, Tot was actually in love with her, at least that's part of why he married her. It broke him a little when he asked her if she ever loved him and she was her usual narcissistic self cause she never did love him or Rerg. She likes attention on her and money. She looked Rerg up before even attempting anything with him. Think part of it was Rerg's dad was somewhat known, had his own business, and a way to rub it into Pim (she has some crazed internal competition with Pim and thinks she owns her), but then Tot came along who's an even bigger fish since Rerg was really just starting in his own and not completely tied to his father's business.
but after all she did for him it's hard to have any good feeling for her cause she went over the barriers

beamsgirl

sarNie Adult
Just because someone helped you out financially in a really big life and death situation doesn't mean you're at their service forever especially if you know or suspect they no longer have good intentions for you. You don't owe no one your life to the point where they get to ruin you. So no Pim and especially her family are not ungrateful for being cautious of Rerng especially when we the audience know that Rerng only did it to have control over Pim

But let's get to the cheating part already! And to the part where Pim finds out and Rerng starts to receive the karma she caused

spanky

sarNie OldFart
true BUT the culture is very serious about book koon, you don't want to "Nay la Koon".

Even now, living in America for all my life...My parents throw that in my face. They are my parents so I'm flooded by the boon koon.

Does it mean you owe them for all your life...? Not necessarily, but they will use it and throw it in her family face constantly (they are neighbors correct?). It's worse to be seen as ungrateful since if it wasn't for them, her father would be dead....

the 5 Khun Chai....you see them all struggle to the grandma BOOn KOON.....Also the n'rai family Boon Koon for saving the 5 Khun Chai dad....

N'k a good person...she rather believe the good until she sees it with her own eyes. When she sees it with her own eye, she become stronger and separate herself. Until then she has a hubby who "supposedly" loves her and a good friend since childhood who saved her dad's life...

KhoOnxNouxWanxJai

Staff member
I feel like some people misconstrue merit/boon khun. I mean even blood ties and the person who gave birth to you, the boon khun can be moot. Like, if a mother abuses her children, does she have the right to do so because she gave them life? This is the case as well, does Pim have to accept all and every abuse by Jai Rerng, just because Jai Rerng did something good for her? If someone does it for a malicious reason, it is not a good deed. Although, the act itself is good, the deed itself is not. It's like someone selling drugs to support their family, the act is good for their family and filialty, but in return they are hurting other people's children by poisoning them with drugs.

Edit: It posted before I could finish. However, I could understand the lakorn perspective on things because their culture is way more strict than how westerners may view it. Even in other Asian dramas the situation is very similar.