[Ch3] Plerng Boon (Makers Group)

makeuptemple

sarNie Hatchling
I was thinking the exact same thing! Especially the scene where she was the hospital, Rerk didn't even try to help her.

Is there an episode that explains where Terd's daughter came from? She just popped out of nowhere at the end for me, but I've been skimming through the episodes so I think I missed it...
it was not his, it was the daughter of the friends, who was pregnant.

beamsgirl

sarNie Adult
Another way I kind of see it is,

Jai Rerng knew she couldn't be a good mother to her child and she knew she wasn't going to live long, I honestly believe she knew that she would die soon at the hands of Peter or she would commit suicide. Remember this is someone on their last limb. We'll all see this different as it is a lakorn so there is no "real" interpretation of it. However, what if Jai Rerng (even though she admits to Suritin she doesn't know where to go) thinks that staying with Peter is something a person like her deserves? Then, at the end of the day the only thing she gained from it, is all these material possession and it is the last thing she could do for her child because she wasn't a good mother to him? Remember her state of mind and what kind of person she is, she doesn't think like normal people does. I still think the way they portrayed Rerng made her look truly mentally unstable because if you think back to it, the scene where Terd told her that his father died, how she reacted, thinking about clothes? What kind of normal human behavior is that? She didn't even try to fake sympathy. Normally, even if someone is so selfish, they will at least try to fake sympathy for image sakes, but Rerng didn't. Maybe, I am just reading too much into it and her character is just supposed to be a selfish person lol. Also, I hope Pim and Rerk doesn't tell the kid where the money comes from, except that his mother loved him and wanted him to have it. Also, even if he did find out later, how do we know he wouldn't cherish it and take it as a lesson on how material things just don't matter because his mom in a sick way sacrificed herself to build it for him?
I totally agree. And I think having her leave Jo material things is within character for her. That's who she's been and that's all that she could offer because that's all she had left even if she had learned her lesson. It would be out of character for Rerng to leave behind something else. I feel bad for Rerng. She was a selfish person and hurt her friends but she didn't deserve rape and abuse and death. Maybe being alone or moving from guy to guy loving for a true love and true friends but not rape and death. Her character wasn't that rai. And even if she was that rai, no one deserves rape

beamsgirl

sarNie Adult
I personally never felt Pim was stupid, just very annoyingly good lol. There is that phrase where "Good people are stupid people." Because some people can't tell if some acts are good or just stupid. In Pim's case, she was too good that it made her come off as stupid to some people. Pim is luckier than Rerng in many ways. Pim had parents who instilled morals into her and didn't spoil her rotten. Rerng, even though her parents weren't bad people, they obviously spoiled her rotten and didn't focus on instilling morals to her. I honestly can't say I believe Pim had any part in really destroying her marriage. Sure, she kind of allowed Rerng to stay in her home, but ultimately it was Rerng and Rerk who decided to have sex. I don't like this blame the victim mentality. Is it wrong to trust your husband and friend? Even if you can't trust both, you should at least be able to trust one right? In this case, Rerk's love for Pim wasn't strong enough to withstand temptation (so, this is in no way Pim's fault), Rerng was bitchy enough to try to steal her best friend's husband (Not Pim's fault). Pim should have had better ways to help Rerng, despite Rerng having done good for her family. I feel that Rerng was a complex character in this lakorn, despite the intentions of the screenwriter and producers.
Agree. Not Pim's fault at all. ultimately Rerng and Rerk committed the act of adulatory and betrayed their relationship/commitment to Pim. There's nothing Pim could've done to stop them if they wanted to cheat and they did in fact ended up cheating

"peace"

sarNie Tombstone
now that the lakorn ended and there is a sub i will pick up i but i stopped at ep 5 i will just jump to ep 10 since i think its useless to do a marthon at that phase of lakorn the story cause i did a fast scam raw and there is not big deal all about pim being suspecting

so i started with ep 10 and again rerng is the worst psycho character i ever watched and ever wrote eating allergic food to makes him run to her

btw i spoiled myself and saw the ending no no i'm not satisfied with the end they should put her in psycho hospital that's her right place

recarnie

sarNie Egg
Earlier, I read somewhere in this forum, "that Pim was not at fault". That to me is false. She is partially the instigator of her misery. Funny how she was always advising others but didn't take her own advice. In the first place she kept put her so called bestie (Rerng) as her major priority and kept ignoring her husband. That's like shining a spotlight on Rerng, then inviting her to your newly wedded home when she and your husband had history, especially since her husband couldn't stand her at that point that was pouring oil on fire. (I mean if she wanted to be helpful, she could have let her sleep one nght then the next day, ask her to stay with your parents. I mean its the whole family that pays the gratitude right?).

I am not saying that Rerng and Rerk (not sure of the spelling) are no at fault, they are for starting the affair but I am still saying that Pim contributed to the situation. In many ways. Overall, a very enjoyable drama. I watched it twice without subtitle and now I am watching it with subtitles. Still loving it but I wish she didn't end up with any one at all. Even Terd (Louis Character). I mean come on he cheated as well, everyone is saying that his cheating is understandable and I don't get it, if he was fed up with his wife and sees another woman he likes he should just divorce her.

KhoOnxNouxWanxJai

Staff member
Earlier, I read somewhere in this forum, "that Pim was not at fault". That to me is false. She is partially the instigator of her misery. Funny how she was always advising others but didn't take her own advice. In the first place she kept put her so called bestie (Rerng) as her major priority and kept ignoring her husband. That's like shining a spotlight on Rerng, then inviting her to your newly wedded home when she and your husband had history, especially since her husband couldn't stand her at that point that was pouring oil on fire. (I mean if she wanted to be helpful, she could have let her sleep one nght then the next day, ask her to stay with your parents. I mean its the whole family that pays the gratitude right?).

I am not saying that Rerng and Rerk (not sure of the spelling) are no at fault, they are for starting the affair but I am still saying that Pim contributed to the situation. In many ways. Overall, a very enjoyable drama. I watched it twice without subtitle and now I am watching it with subtitles. Still loving it but I wish she didn't end up with any one at all. Even Terd (Louis Character). I mean come on he cheated as well, everyone is saying that his cheating is understandable and I don't get it, if he was fed up with his wife and sees another woman he likes he should just divorce her.
I sort of understand where you're coming from, but I disagree mainly because I don't believe in blaming the victim. Pim is at fault for letting Rerng use her and mistreat her, but she is not at fault for them having an affair. When she started to feel that Rerng was starting to intrude on Rerk's space, she started to stand up to Rerng and try to get her to leave in a civil manner. Pim is at fault for allowing Rerng to step all over her, but not for Rerk cheating on her, if that makes any sense. Rerk is an adult male, he wasn't even drunk, drugged, or anything. He did everything knowing exactly what he was doing. This is my opinion though.

spanky

sarNie OldFart
Everyone in a sense contribute to it. The only person really at fault is PONG. He couldn't let go.

Who's the victim here? Out of the 3 is Pim. She's the only not really knowing what was going on and when she did she assert herself and as an adult choose not to be the victim and fight, esp. w/an innocent child involved.

Pong/Janie characters are very SELFISH & Self-serving. It was all about their NEEDS/Want. They deserve each other.

I didn't finish the drama....

I wished it ended w/Pong alone....Janie self-destruction w/her behavior...Pim alone demonstrating independence as a strong women.

sarN

sarNie Granny
What happen at the end? The old verison they got back together right. Dont like manwhore in lakorn , its ok for the woman tho LOL

Miyuki1988

sarNie Egg
Hi, someone here have the softsubs files of this lakorn. I like to use them to translate in another language. If someone have please could u send me?

Yoshieee

sarNie Egg
I just finished watching this Lakron. Loved it! It was exciting and interesting.

I think the victim blame thing for Pim was not related just to the cheating, I think it was her long-term unwillingness to see Jai Reung as she truly was starting from when they were younger, like when Jai Reung broke her award and Wan tells Pim she thinks Jai Reung broke it and Pim makes excuses for her. She continued to make excuses for Jai Reung even into adulthood. Jai Reung was always back-stabbing and manipulative - she knew Pim liked Rerg and so she went after him; if that's not back-stabbing, I don't know what is. But Pim always had an excuse for her "Jai Reung didn't mean to/ Jai Reung wouldn't think like that" or telling everyone else not to think too much when it was obvious.

It basically took Jai Reung stealing her husband for Pim to "open her eyes" and face the reality that Reung is a bad PERSON, not just friend, but a bad person, so I kind of get where everyone was coming from on that count. It's not really blame the victim, because obviously Rerg and Jai Reung made the decision to have sex, but at the end of the day, many people warned her about who Jai Reung was as a person and she also showed her true self many times to Pim but Pim chose to ignore it; there is an old saying "When People Show You Who They Are, Believe Them" and Pim never wanted to believe.

I also resonated with the words Rerg's dad gave Pim at the temple; unsuitable thing (staying with your newlywed friends) unsuitable time (they just got married and moved in) and unsuitable person (selfish backstabber who is also your husbands ex). Yes, you should be able to trust your friends, but Pim had this sort of blind loyalty that made her susceptible, at the end of the day, when you're married, you're supposed to make decisions as a family, and Pim decided on her own to let her HUSBANDS EX stay with them...sorry, I don't care how "positive" a person you are, that's plain foolish. She blamed Rerg for all the issues instead of understanding how uncomfortable that might be for him. When everyone else also took his side, she played the violins for Jai Reung, it was always "she's pitiful" yea, but she's also a user and extremely selfish and his EX who hurt him really bad so....

Wan was kind of annoying too, I don't get why she didn't understand why Therd wouldn't want Jai Reung back; she basically forced him into debt with her extravagant spending and she never loved him, just liked that he was rich. Also, I didn't understand why Wan didn't want Pim to get divorced even after it was discovered that Jai Reung was pregnant. The cheating, OK, but when the girl was pregnant, I didn't understand the "why does everything have to end in divorce?" ...that was silly to me.

Cupid Candy

sarNie Coma
Well this was one hell of a ride. Janie is made for this role, after all that has happened in real life I can only see her in these kinds of roles. Gotta say, I'm not gonna blame Pimmala too much. It's just her nature to be a softie and weak and from my experience with people like this, it is definitely hard to change your nature. On that note, yes it truly is her fault for thinking that two ex-lovers can be under the same roof.

Rerk. I'm not feeling his excuse for his affair. This entire affair with Rerng never felt like a revenge plan, it's more like a guy so turned on and so tired of pushing it away that he crumbled. Also, even if I believed that he was sleeping with Rerng because he wanted to have revenge on her, what kind of a plan is that??? You're just giving Rerng what she has been craving all her life... ATTENTION. I don't know, I've never really trusted Rerk's ability to think.

Rerng is messed up, it's scary to think of people like her who just do things for the sake of competition. It's so messed up that she will have an insane temper tantrum at her parents in order to force them to pay for Pim's father's hospital bills just so Pim will still be in school and Rerng can continue to have a person that she can steal attention from. It was nice to see her arrange an inheritance for her son though, gives her another edge. You also can't help but feel bad for her during her last moments.

Fun fact: the novel for this lakorn shares the same author as Mia Luang and Nam So Sai, all lakorns about cheating husbands. Rerk seems to be less of an asshole than Anirut and Pima and he gets some points for not denying any wrongdoings towards his wife. The other cheating husbands have a handful of excuses but Rerk manages to own up to his mistakes. Though Pimmala seems like the weakest n'ek out of the first wives and grows a backbone much too late.

Pong, Janie and Bella played off of each other well, makes you wonder if the original Aum, Aff and Chompoo cast could have created as big of a bang as this lakorn had or could have pulled off these characters. Bella's one of ch3's best, she's really versatile and you can clearly differentiate her characters. I truly enjoy watching her, she's a breath of fresh air and she's has this soft beauty about her that really attracts you to her. Pong does well on ch3, would like to see him on ch3 some more. He has chemistry with both Bella and Janie. Overall this lakorn is a good take on such a cliche storyline, nothing original yet nothing too familiar either.