[Ch3] Ka Badin (Tv Scene)

Ncmeowmeow35

sarNie Oldmaid
I have a yarn with rolled gold crest on my wrist too. I think it is called something maha ni yom. It is for better communication and to be successful with work. I have them for 10 years now. For me, i take it as giving me a boost of confidence.

x0unerthanlater

`my dragon's blood is blue`
All I wear is a rolled gold plate that the monk inscribed. It's supposed to protect against unwanted guests... like ghosts, Lol

Lol @ OHO  :coverlaf:

@ aymie, Yeah, a lot of monks will get tattoos etc. My father got it before he went into the military. He also wore a "tha goot" around his waist. It was all for protection in the war. Seems like he did okay. He survived a few gunshot wounds and all other things. 

I do believe that these things are more for comfort. And of course, everything within practicality.

OHOaddict

The Dahlia Goddess
aymieluvsyu637 said:
OMG soo hotttt w/ the neck tattoo!!
hahaha I missed this post @aymie but they are adding fuel to the fire that's already burning strong. I like James's neck more since it's longer and the color of the tattoo contrasts well with his fair skin.

@professors lol too many to write out. I have something similar to these special items and I believe in them to some extent while being aware that it may not always work. To me it's to give my mind some peace. in my culture or ethnicity the elders don't really allow anyone to go out at night because they may accidentally bump into a wandering spirit that may follow them home. Depending on the ghost, I suppose, different things may happen but the most I've heard is what's called "getting sit on." What eventually happens is the "thing" will lay on top of you to the point where you wake up in your own dream fighting to free yourself but you're stuck. If someone is nearby all they will see is you fidgeting in your sleep. My brothers have some interesting experiences and when they wake up they cuss and throw things around to "scare" the thing away I guess. The most immediate thing they do is flip their shoes like right shoe on the left and left shoe on the right and then they sleep with a umm idkh one would call it but I'll just say it's like a traditional knife? The long term solution is to have an elder touch ones head, bless them with good words, and tie a string as a bracelet. Those things would calm my scaredy cat mind.

aymieluvsyu637

sarNie Adult
Ncmeowmeow35 said:
I have a yarn with rolled gold crest on my wrist too. I think it is called something maha ni yom. It is for better communication and to be successful with work. I have them for 10 years now. For me, i take it as giving me a boost of confidence.

I know exactly what you are talking about. I had some when I was younger but broke one when I went skating and fell :( My other ones don't fit me anymore so I put them under my pillow to feel safe even if it might not do anything.. LOL 

x0unerthanlater

ahh! no more likes for today.

@OHO Here's my like  :thumbsup:  The "spirit/ghost" sitting on your chest while you sleep is scientifically called a sleep paralysis but in some cultures they believe differently. I've had it happen to me countless times in the past. I hardly experience it nowadays. There was one time I remember, I swear I heard someone laughing and talking into my ear saying I couldn't move and that "it" wouldn't let me. I was able to "get free" by chanting the buddhist hyms and also cursing at "it", LOL

OHOaddict

The Dahlia Goddess
@x0uner I'm not sure if i encountered it because I remember waking and KO again and again and that I couldn't move myself. Yeahh after that I freaken Googled as much as I could and it came down to sleep paralysis. Idk though my SIL is gifted and she's able to describe her encounters in a way that will give you goosebumps and make you prepare for battle or just never fall asleep.

Mahalo

sarNie OldFart
It's called sleep paralysis. I've never experienced it and don't want to. I heard it's the scariest thing ever! In my culture, they think it's a spirit sitting on you. In psychology, it's sleep paralysis. 

Ncmeowmeow35

sarNie Oldmaid
x0unerthanlater said:
ahh! no more likes for today.

@OHO Here's my like  :thumbsup:  The "spirit/ghost" sitting on your chest while you sleep is scientifically called a sleep paralysis but in some cultures they believe differently. I've had it happen to me countless times in the past. I hardly experience it nowadays. There was one time I remember, I swear I heard someone laughing and talking into my ear saying I couldn't move and that "it" wouldn't let me. I was able to "get free" by chanting the buddhist hyms and also cursing at "it", LOL
Lol I do that too! The na mo three times right? I used to get that when I go to bed super tired but now that I can hardly sleep, I don't get it as much.

byebye

sarNie OldFart
There's this one time I had a dream of getting killed and actually died....when I woke up my body was hurting so badly. I have never felt that way ever after a dream, then again I have never actually died before dreaming.

Ncmeowmeow35

sarNie Oldmaid
Has anyone ever land when they dream of falling? During surgery, or at least I think it was during surgery, I had a dream that I drove off a cliff cus something dark was chasing me and I actuallly landed. Woke up and I was in the recovery room already.

OHOaddict

The Dahlia Goddess
My people, hehe, says if you're sick and you dream of your own death then you'll get well soon. Weird.

@ncmeow is it like one of those dreams where you're starting to fall asleep and youre half dreaming you fell so you wake up with a jolt?

aymieluvsyu637

sarNie Adult
I've experienced it once. Never again please!! it's soo scary. It was pitch black and I couldn't move. I tried calling for my parents but that didn't work. Then I said "na mo ta sa..." 3x and that didn't work. It freaked me out soo bad, I had to keep myself calm then counted in my head 1. 2. 3. and kicked really loud. I was finally able to wake up. Like I said NEVER AGAIN PLEASE!!

Ncmeowmeow35

sarNie Oldmaid
OHOaddict said:
My people, hehe, says if you're sick and you dream of your own death then you'll get well soon. Weird.

@ncmeow is it like one of those dreams where you're starting to fall asleep and youre half dreaming you fell so you wake up with a jolt?
No not a jolt, I just woke up normally. When I landed I felt a jolt then I looked around and saw a that I was on the ground. I said to myself ok and then woke up afterwards. I told my mom about it afterwardsand she said the landing meant I was safe. I thought the belief was the opposite.

Lol we are sooo off topic

byebye

sarNie OldFart
My mom used to tell me that if I dream of dying to be careful that something bad might happen. I have so many bad dreams but so many good ones. And I usually remember the dreams too. There's one point that I wanted to just sleep and be dreaming...I did that about a week lol.

I hate dreaming when I am in trouble and needed help, I can never find my voice.

x0unerthanlater

OHOaddict said:
@x0uner I'm not sure if i encountered it because I remember waking and KO again and again and that I couldn't move myself. Yeahh after that I freaken Googled as much as I could and it came down to sleep paralysis. Idk though my SIL is gifted and she's able to describe her encounters in a way that will give you goosebumps and make you prepare for battle or just never fall asleep.

Yeah, it's some super creepy stuff.

@ncmeow, Yeah, I say the na mo chant 3 times. It works all the time. I start to say it in my dreams when I'm in a nightmare too.

It happens to me when I sleep on my back or when I take naps during the day. So I tend to sleep on my sides as much as possible and try not to take naps during the day even when I'm really tired.

OHOaddict

The Dahlia Goddess
I guess every culture is diff? I remember I had a dream where one of my nephew and I were burying dead people in my backyard. These weren't just people wearing the western outfits but they were the traditional ones. Ouii so scary.

@ncmeow we're so out there today. Haha. At least the thread is moving along and we'll reach pg 300 sooner.

Mahalo

sarNie OldFart
Yeah. They say sleep paralysis occurs when you sleep on your back. That's why I'm going to sleep on my side now. In my culture, when you dream about losing teeth and bleeding badly, it's a bad omen. It foreshadows you losing someone close to you or death. So my mom would tell me to go tell the toilet and flush it away. Lol. Weird. 

x0unerthanlater

@Mahalo, I've heard of the toilet method. There's a chant you say with it but I don't know it specifically.

My dreams are so lucid. I can change them myself now.

I've dreamed of every single family members death. But I heard for my culture that if you dream of someone dying, that person will live a little longer. Not sure how true this is though.

There's an explanation for jolting in your sleep. It's a muscle reflex. Which sucks because it usually happens when you dream of "falling" or "slipping". Scares the crap out of me sometimes, Lol