[Ch3] Ka Badin (Tv Scene)

sarNie Adult
Yaaay! I can finally watch this with subs! Thank you very much to @Sweet_JJ (May I call you Jana too?) and Sherri James! YAY! 

I watched the first episode today, finally, without subs. (I only saw the link to the subs minutes ago). It was really really really GOOD! The intro with the scenic view of Thailand was really breathtaking. And James Ma looks so damn good. Now that he's not wearing tucked in shirts, he looks more buff and more gangstah with a swaggah! hahaha Sorry, I have no (english) words to describe it, but as Chai Pee, he was badass too, but he was more jolly and playboy like (James Dean like) but now it's more uhhh tribal manly badass, I don't know (intelligible speech down the drain :scratchhead2: ) All I want to say is that he fit into the background and the period. I guess it's because I couldn't understand a thing, so I wasn't really paying attention to the dialogue but I was focused more on the actions, and  I just realized how important the body language is in Lakorns, like their bearing and the way the characters carry themselves - I realized that it does make a difference! The sidekick of James Ma's character had an almost clumsy way about him, different from how, say a sidekick in the 1950's lakorns would act, etc. And of course James ma walked, ran and even fought in a more aggressive, almost feral manner. It was very nice to look at. 

His english accent was really cute. and he was so sweet to his teacher. He was also sweet to the young girl. 

The false love interest looked fake-sweet - I don't know if she intentionally acted the character that way (She IS fake-sweet right?) but yeah, she was just too coy and there was something in her eyes that makes her look like she was not trustworthy. kudos to the actress for managing to convey that image. 

Many of you were mentioning that there are lots of A-list actors in the cast, unfortunately I haven't watched enough Lakorns to know who is who, but I was surprised to see a lot of familiar faces, and these familiar faces who played minor characters all acted differently the way they did before. 

I am looking forward to Matt's great debut. the buildup in the ending credits already look epic! 

x0unerthanlater

`my dragon's blood is blue`
I was over in the MLM thread, and boy, was there some firecrackers in there.

I think it's safer to stay in this thread. lol

Okay, I'm finally starting E2P1

Prakaidao

sarNie Adult
I actually thought that when he was speaking English, it was his actual accent lol...I need to hear him fully speaking English. I cheered so hard when my girl Matt appeared at the end preview of episode 1, now I just need to watch episode 2. Really loving the pace of the storyline so far glad they didn't drag Matt's childhood out.

sarNie Adult
Sweet_JJ said:
The English actors suck at acting lol.

I imagine they just randomly got foreign tourists and gave them costumes and a free tour of the area. Or maybe not. Yeah, makes you wonder, where do they get these foreigners from anyway?! 

Sweet_JJ said:
I'm cringing at James' fake Asian accent, poor guy has perfect English lol. 

Jana, you would probably kill me, but when I first heard it, It reminded me of Upin and Ipin from Disney Channel. I'm not sure how similar (if they are similar to begin with) Malaysian is to the Thai language. I find it really cute though. 

x0unerthanlater said:
I was over in the MLM thread, and boy, was there some firecrackers in there.

I think it's safer to stay in this thread. lol

Okay, I'm finally starting E2P1

yep. I haven't watched a single episode of the new chapter and I saw that and I was like... okay, nevermind, off to watch more of Ka Badin. 

On a sidenote, I have a question, is the villain, who is also interested in Bua, Chinese? Forgive me for stereotyping but I saw that he was rich, a merchant, and was wearing silk so I just assumed he was of Chinese descent. 

OHOaddict

The Dahlia Goddess
Uh Ohh I think they're gonna blame all these mysterious deaths on Haym's dad.
Lamduan really does admire Haym for doing the right thing. I guess she will learn to adopt the same virtue. Gosh doesn't it suck to be the messenger of Haym and Bua's relationship.
Bood, Haym's personal servant, is such a funny guy. I love that he doesnt Haym entirely as "the Help" but more like a nong chai.

How can his dad do that to him? That's the worse way of parenting. Haym!! :,(

Prakaidao

sarNie Adult
Thanks Jana! His English is super...guess it was my first time hearing it that's why it came out like that lol, gosh I'm dreading the dramatic conflicts in episode 2, can we just get to James and Matts wedding already hehe, I'm super impatient right now because from the MVs they are too adorable. Ugh I think that Samai and James were cute, then I watched the new MV and the scene where she walked away on him when he was in prison was like bye beach, thanks for giving Lamduan and Hayme their opportunity so mad at that fake a** girl, lol only her character though not her actual self in case I offend anyone. But I just need them so much that I keep on rewatching the MVs for their super sweet scenes. So much heartbreak...now on to episode 2!!!

x0unerthanlater

040156 said:

yep. I haven't watched a single episode of the new chapter and I saw that and I was like... okay, nevermind, off to watch more of Ka Badin. 

On a sidenote, I have a question, is the villain, who is also interested in Bua, Chinese? Forgive me for stereotyping but I saw that he was rich, a merchant, and was wearing silk so I just assumed he was of Chinese descent. 

He's not of chinese descent, but because of his political status he's rich and powerful. Also his family backing is also powerful. His title is Chancellor of Royal Office.

byebye

sarNie OldFart
Matt dancing is so cute. She looks pretty and gentle in here...who would have thought. Can't wait till James realized he loves her:)

x0unerthanlater

Sweet_JJ said:

Maybe she's thinking, "Oh why am I filming for this lakorn, I should've stuck to a modern one instead." XD Jk. Jk.

Lol, yeah she's probably trying her best to look like the sweet and gentle classy women of those times.