[Ch3] Ka Badin (Tv Scene)

OHOaddict

The Dahlia Goddess
@Mahalo I share your longing as well T_T
@Jana idkh you can do that. If I watch it my desire for more would increase rapidly.

x.ATKD.x

sarNie Adult
I wouldn't be surprised if James & Matt do another lakorn in the future.

I wish someone would sub this show though. It actually has a consistent storyline/plot, great OST and the whole cast is doing an awesome job at portraying each of their characters. This is my first James Ma lakorn and I have to say his gained a new admirer, if this is how he is at 20/21 then he can only grow and become a stronger actor as he gets older and gains experience - it'll be cool to see.

Last edited:

x0unerthanlater

`my dragon's blood is blue`
Decided to translate the Tonight Show appearance. I will translate it in parts. Mostly dialogue pertaining to Matt and James.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBi2OxuvPTk
Start 3:00 -

The host didn't want them to sit. He wanted them to show their traditional outfits. He then explains that the outfits were all made to replicate the authentic styles of that era. Jokingly, he mentions that the men's outfit had to be tailored because they were quite tall and muscular. He said, James used to be little (in size/muscles) but now, after working out for almost a year, he has gotten muscular. Then he leans in like a fan girl and hugs James. After that he turns to Matt and Saimai and says that their outfits were the exact replicates of the old traditional designs of that era.
Interview begins 4:46 -
(H)ost: Let me ask James first...
(J)ames: Yes.
H: because this story starts with you. You play as...?
J: Yes, I play Por Haym.
H: You're Haym. Which Haym, is the one who leads the story.
J: Yes.
H: It is about the life of the man name Haym, actually. You can say. J: Yes. H: Kha Badin.
H: When they contacted you to take this role, how did you feel?
J: I felt excitement and happiness. I accepted it right away. I accepted it without thinking if I could do it because I've always wanted to do a period lakorn but thought with my kind of face (non-thai looking) I didn't think I'd have a chance. But once, Ah Pin (producer) gave me the chance, I took it right away. I agreed to do anything and learn everything because I really wanted to be in a period lakorn.
H: It was a feeling. But once you accepted this lakorn, they told you who your n'ek was. Did they tell you?
J: Matt. Yes, they told me. 
H: When they said it was Matt, how did you feel?
J: WOW! 
H: WOW? *chuckles*
J: Yes, she's a n'ek that I've watched. She co-stars next to many others, and also with P'Grate. Her and P'Grate are so cute. I know P'Grate so I was excited to meet her because we've never worked together before.
H: P'Grate is her "kid".
J: P'Grate is her "kid"? Well, now I'm her "kid".
(M)att: A "kid" in my management. *chuckles*
*everyone squeals*
H: So when you accepted the role and found out it was her, you were very happy.
J: Yes, I was happy because I've never worked with her. I've only seen her like at the Channel events but we've never talked before. And I already like her "work" so when I got the chance to co-star next to her I was happy.

* The host then asks about Kik * He asks about his role and the era of the lakorn. The host also asks Kik about his first impression of James. Kik said, "He (James) looks sort of Chinese. But, the first day we practiced sword fighting he was quite impressed. At the time, I knew him but I didn't know if he knew me. The first day we met, he bought be a drink." Matt then teases that James "knew how to stay". (i.e. he knew how to fit in as a newbie)

*The Host turns to Saimai * He asks her how she felt about joining this lakorn. She went on to say that she didn't hesitate at all. She accepted it right away without knowing any furthure details. The host asks how she felt when she found out that she had to star along side Matt. Saimai said that, that was the moment she start feeling conscious about the situation. She had seen Matt play pretty much every role out there. And when they really started working together, Saimai said she really believes that Matt was a very versatile actress. Saimai also mentions that Matt is 1 of her role models. 
- End 8:09

More to come later... TBC.  :rolleyes1: 

x0unerthanlater

Continues . . .
Start 8:35

* The host turns to Matt *
H: Matt, (when) you were contacted for this role, how did you feel?
M: My first reaction was happiness. I didn't think of anything else, but being happy because I've dreamed of wanting to wear Thai traditional attire in a lakorn but I didn't think I'd have the chance this soon. After that, I receieved many critiscism about having a foreign face (looking mixed). 
H: (You look) foreign, and (James) looks Chinese.
M: Yes. After that, it made me think... Going from being happy to being "down" and thinking that it was true. It is like that. Aftwards, before filming (we) had a fitting. We tried on the clothing, the hairstyle and everything first. (I) met James that day.
J: The first day.
H: Once (she) met James, my viewers, her feelings when you explain it in words is beautiful and when you explain it with sound it's also beautiful... So as soon as you met James, your first impression of seeing him was?
M: (He) probably won't last. *James chuckles* ... (he) wouldn't last because the p'ek... *I think she meant that he didn't seem suitable because of his appearance, sort of like her*
H: Is (he) fair-skinned?
M: Very fair-skinned. Fair-skinned, and gentle (looking - i.e. his demeanor), he looked polite and proper.
H: The first impression of meeting (him)... would he be able to sword fight? *the host said it like it was probably what Matt was thinking*
M: 'Would he be able to sword fight' ? *agrees, that this was what she thought to herself*
M: But when I saw him do it, I give him thumbs up.
H: Thumbs up.
M: Yes, really.
*James thanks Matt*
M: I'm not saying it as just to compliment ourselves because we compliment each other on set frequently already. When (I) see the men on-set get into sword fighting and battle mode, it's really "cool-looking" *Saimai agrees* Everyone was able to smoothly hold the sword beautifully. Their poses were nice.
H: You really felt that?
M: Yes.

* The host then asks how Matt felt about meeting Saimai, and also meeting Kik *

And . . .
Start 14:20-

* The host asks about their preparation for the role * James said he had to "fob" his English for the role because Thais in those days weren't fluent in the English language. He had to learn from people who didn't know how to speak English well.
* The host then asks what did he have to learn * James said he had to learn, "Athamat" sword fighting techniques for 6 months before filming. 

H: How did you feel about having to learn Athamat sword fighting for 6 months?
J: The first day, they didn't let us hold the swords. The first thing they taught us was "muay" (Thai martial arts) because they said, 'the sword is the art, the art is the sword'. So we were only doing "muay" and when we held the swords finally, we couldn't hit our target at all. There's an instructor who practices with us, and (we) got hit all the time. I thought, "it's pretty hard". But the more we practiced, about 2 weeks into it, we were adapting. 
H: So it wasn't easy?
H: And you too? (referring to Kik)
K: Yes.
H: You both had to learn.
K: Yes. I am his senior apprentice. The Athamat sword fighting technique is a prestigious skill. Not anyone can practice it. You are chosen by your compassion and courageousness to protect your country. We're the only two who were able to learn it.

* Turns to Matt * - 16:15
H: They learned sword fighting, what did you have to learn, Matt?
M: Nang Ram. (traditional dancing)
M: (I'am) the daughter of Khun Nathayakosone who's dance theatre was the most popular in that era.
H: So, you had to learn. How was it?
M: *Matt's expression explains it all* It was very difficult. The teacher who came to taught (us) was already of an age (I assume she means old) but s/he was still very elegant and polished. Her/His movements of arms and legs were graceful.
Saimai: He/She made all the moves look so easy.

* Matt then explains how she's never done traditional dancing so some of the help came from camera angles. The way they filmed it made it look like she was a professional dancer. So she was grateful to the camera team because they did a good job portraying the dance as if Matt was a real dancer.
*The host asks James if (she) got it. And James says that, "she got it" and that it was "very beautiful".*
* Matt teases and says that they're always giving compliments and that she's the kind of person who needs to be complimented all the time in order to be able to do it. * (lol)
- Ends 18:02 - break

To be continued . . .

OHOaddict

The Dahlia Goddess
@x0uner OMG girl!! i LOVE YOU!! :kiss: :heart: :heart: :heart: :weee:  Sending love your way!!
Thanks for the translation! i only understood like 2 things from the show.  I like how this guy hosts his show rather than 3Zaap.

phoenix81

sarNie Juvenile
@x0unerthanlater... A BIG THANK YOU for the translations! I am so glad that they all worked well together and gave each other compliments often! 

Again, James exceeded all of our expectations, even Matt and the rest of the casts. I remember @Jana mentioned before that while being cast as Chai Pee in the Jutathep series, James encountered criticism from many people but he proves them wrong coz once it was air, many can't help praising him. Those who doubted him before finally accept that he is indeed a talented actor.

It's the same with Ka Badin. He might not have that much criticism but I do remember reading that some wondered if he is convincing in his role coz of his looks (Chinese) and now he proves us again that yes, he doesn't look Thai but his acting showed us that the looks isn't everything but how he played his role that matters most! And most importantly, how dedicated, hardworking and serious he was with his role. I think it was all these that made him portrayed the role of Haym so well. This is one of the reasons I really like James. He isn't afraid of challenges. He  gained the trust and confidence of the fans and viewers slowly which I think is much better than to have an overnight sensation! It makes people really 'look' at him and his acting! 

phoenix81

sarNie Juvenile
I would love a reunion of James and Matt again but I am also still hoping for a reunion of Chai Pee and Khawn in a lakorn!!! 

DaoRisa

Love has nothing to do with bodies.
Thank you very much for spending time to translate to share, Xounerthanlater

Phoenix81 - well done said about James. Even this is my first time seeing him act, but I found him a very talented rising star. He is growing on me now. Will surely find his previous lakorn to watch, and look forward to the one with Kim as well. Not really care who he acts with, but just want to be his new supporter.

cikna

sarNie Adult
ANother silent lurker here. Been following this thread from time to time. I have always been a fan of Matt. But her lakorns don't really stick with me. But this one is different. I have always like historical, action  drama with some element of romance. Is there an english sub link i can go to? and also, do "spoil" me with the spoilers!  :yes:  :yes:  :yes:

x0unerthanlater

Last part of the TS appearance . . .
- Start 18:07

* The Host asks Kik which scene he likes the most *
Kik talks about how he likes the fact that Saming Sornnoi (his character), has 4 wives.
*James teasingly says, "Isn't it 7 wives?"*
* The host then refers to the day when there were several "female extras" when they were filming Saming Sornoi's scenes with his wives - James then goes on to add ...
J: I went to film and I was like... "why are their so many actresses? because normally, there are only men and there aren't that many women. But, there were so many (that day)."
H: In actuality...
J: They were all his wives. *points at Kik*
J: We were filming and they would (take turns) walking in and out of the scene about 7 times.
H: Oh really? So that's why you thought he had 7 wives.
J: *nods*
H: And he pretends to NG about 3 times... *jokes*

19:05 - * The host asks about the wedding night *
James' reaction was... "oh....." then he puts his fingers up on his temples and looks shy. Matt covers her mouth and giggles.
J: Why are you giggling?
M: And why did you have to be that serious? *giggles*
H: Do you believe, (he talks to the viewers) that during the wedding night scene, naturally the woman is supposed to feel shy and awkward but Matt says it was, "chill chill". Matt says she was comfortable. But this guy was about to die, my viewers. Please tells us about it.
J: Uncle, (everyone refers to the host as "uncle") I understand how they do the modern day wedding night but before we can *he apologizes about having to say this part* .... before we could get anywhere it took about an hr. I had to talk about this and that.
H: It took a long time (in order to get to the intimate part).
J: Yes. I had to speak for so long. The p'ek, Haym has to say, "I am this and that. You are this and that (to me)..." professing his love that way. That part was hard.
H: Oh, it was hard... Did you have to be poetic?
J: Yes, it was very poetic. I had to metaphorically compare her to this and that and also describe my love for her.
H: Instead of _____ . (the host paused for emphasis)
J: Yes, instead of hugging each other right away.
H: Oh, you had to speak (of love) first.
J: By the time we were able to hug (each other) I was sweating so much. 
H: And the person who had to speak was, you? Her on the other hand was acting shy.
J: She would be acting like how they were in the beginning. *referring to when Saimai said her character only had short dialogues* Saying, "Jao ka, jao ka" (proper "yes)
H: How was he in that scene? *asks Matt*
M: James? His hands were shaking like this. *imitates*
H: Shaking? *laughs*
M: Yes, shaking. But really, we were both shy. If I had also shown nervousness, we wouldn't have been able to act. *host agrees* This was also a scene we had to pass over at first because.. *James adds* J: we still haven't "connected". M: When it's a period lakorn we don't really have "love scenes (skinship)" from the pranang. It's even hard to have hand holding. When we want to exchange flower garlands, we have to be careful not to make contact. So with this scene, the wedding night... I mean we are close, James and I, we speak but we haven't had this much skinship. And for the wedding night scene, we had lots of skinship. Therefore, we were both shy. James was shaking and I, my mouth was stiff. But the second time around, it was okay.
J: We had 1 NG.
H: 1 NG. The first was "th-th-th" (stuttering)
J: Something like that. I was nerve wracking and I also didn't know what to do because it's a different way of expressing love. *host agrees* Also, as what P'Matt mentioned, we haven't had that many scenes together or scenes where we connect (have skinship). Most scenes were, "I am going now" and when I get back I would just bring her a flower garland. That's all.
H: That's all.
- Ends 21:43

- Starts 21:44
* The host then brings up that James said there was a scene that Saimai did where she played it perfectly *
* James mentions it was the scene where Saimai breaks up with him. *
* Saimai says the scene was actually very hard because, "who would want to break up with Khun Haym?" *
* The host goes on about how people were saying Saimai played that scene so realistically. He then quotes what James said about that scene. *
Quote: "She left me in a pain so great I felt it deep in my heart".
* James then goes into the scene about how he felt about it *
* The host then teases Saimai about how it's probably easy for her. Saimai says, it was very hard. *
* Saimai then says she was able to do it because James did very well in conveying his feeling to her. And how James is good with expressing all the feelings whenever she's in a scene with him* 
* James thanks her *
- Ends 23:17

- Start 23:26
* The host asks Matt about her dancing scene she did at the military camp base. *
* He explains how Matt felt that she wasn't only dancing with the audience she could see but she also felt like there were others watching as well. *
* Matt then explains the scene. She says it was a very important scene because the folktale she was portraying is an old tale. *
* She had to make preparations before dancing because performers, esp. dancers, usually have to pray to the (deceased) teachers, before starting. It's tradition. *
* James & Kik both agrees that Matt danced very beautifully that day. *
* James added saying that Matt mentioned there was a difficult move, but she did it effortlessly and he was astounded. *
* The host teases that he didn't have to be astounded because Matt probably wanted to get that scene over with. She was most likely scared of the supernatural. * (everyone chuckles)
- Ends 25:10

* The last part was about James interacting with his elephant. He explains that he had to basically get the elephant to be comfortable around him by hanging out with it for a whole day. He also fed the elephant with some of his saliva (ew, lol) because that would ensure the elephant recognizes him by scent and familiarity. *
* The cast were then asked to explain how they felt about the lakorn, Kha Badin. * [end of interview]

x0unerthanlater

You're welcome everyone!  :dance2:

Just thought everyone should enjoy their appearance. They are a great cast. I think they all work so well and get along together.

I sure do hope JMATT can reunite in a future lakorn together. Maybe a modern day one. I'd like them to have a 2-3 yr break though. That way, James matures a little in his acting. By then, they will be perfect for a raeng lakorn. Imagine James in a slap/kiss... oh dear,  :sweat:  :sweat:  *hyperventilates*  :spicy:

Step

Mrs James Ma
x0unerthanlater thank you once again for the translation

I was LOL while reading the last part (wedding night), poor James lol it was good they shot that wedding night scene before James and Matt became good friends cos that will make them shy naturally in the scene like it should be in a period lakorn.

Lol Idk what happens to him acting with Kim in PCKNMCPW