[CH3] Game Sanaeha (Lakorn Thai) : James Jirayu / Taew Natapohn

Xiongurl26

sarNie Oldmaid
Such pure genuine love. Even if he had a past with Khae, Nok is still the apple of his eye. No matter how many girls try to hit him up, it's only Nok he will look at. What a truly dedicated guy. He knows all the risks yet still takes it. If I ever find a Nai, sign me up!

sarNie Adult
Oh @SPMxoxo97 i'd like to add that, this is for all new James Ji fans, Luckanai is actually James's first non arrogant Pra'ek. (Wanchalerm doesn't count, he wasn't a P'ek hahaha) All the others were arrogant and proud to some extent. An alpha p'ek, if you will. Like Puttipat was arrogant for being a Khun Chai and being smart, Ittirit was arrogant for being raised a rich brat, Nueng was the epitome of arrogance (that was the whole point of his character hahaha) Saran was arrogant for being all alpha male as a sheriff (and a former Khun noo), Ramet was a successful hotelier who didn't have any bad background. Even Khanthong had an air of elegance about him and was scolding Mangmao. It's actually Luckanai who is the first character he has with a thorough inferiority complex. (Saran from padiwarada had some inferiority thing going on too, but he was a beloved only child so he kinda had those Nok moments too) but Nai is inferior but not pitiful. So he still has that elegance and almost regal bearing that James, as pra'ek does well. (like a Khun chai, if you will. Those who watched puttipat would know. He was such a kid there but the righteous bearing was there)

If you notice, his dialogues here are delivered calmly, almost in a murmuring way, and he often has his shoulders slumped or his head bowed. (well, except when he's angry at Nok) except when he is pitifully looking up at Nok like some unreachable star. It's very different from his other characters who are always so proud and "preying" so to speak. I really love this new character that he plays as it shows he can play a humble, quiet character too. So he's delivering his eye acting 100%. The first time he really did that was in the movie Timeline. I am happy that he was able to do it in a lakorn with a character with a more extensive (and more painful) backround this time.

Katelyn

sarNie Oldmaid
okay but that scene where nok was blindfolded and touching nai’s face. that scene !!!! the look that nai has like omg my heart completely scattered watching it because he looks so in love. he looks at her like she’s the only thing he ever wants to look at, like she’s his star, his whole universe, his whole goddamn galaxy. like even if he has a choice, he’ll choose her and her and her over and over again. like he wants her so much that it actually hurts. that scene was just so fucking heartbreaking and so genuine.... one of the purest thing i have seen in a show in a long time and im not even being overly dramatic. like the expression that james delivered ! 1000/10
That scene is pure perfection and you feel the depth of his love for her. He would risk everything for her. He steps into this game knowing full well his heart is at stake. I don't think he has that much confidence going in but he would give it his all. For him he has nothing to lose but the reward is just too great to ignore.

Katelyn

sarNie Oldmaid
Oh I'm dying. Nok is being so sweet! I need a fan....that staring. :love:
Nok: It's only a game.
That part literally killed my mood lol
I see it as a good thing because she's really affected by it. If you constantly have to remind yourself of that, then it's already too late. The feelings are there growing inside your heart.

sarNie Adult
Yeah, and one last thing before I really go to bed (hahaha it's 1 am here and i have to get up early. Good luck to me :risas3:)

Khanthong and Luckanai actually aren't that much different so I guess it was easy to act them back to back. Both of them had a level of restraint and longing and sense of loneliness. Like one was orphaned, the other abandoned, and had to somehow survive one way or another. I was trying to figure out who was more pitiful, Khanthong who was orphaned when young and grew up with nothing (well, he had his best friend Nant...) so he is able to take up a suicide mission since he has nothing to live for, then there's Nai who was abandoned by his mom, but was taken cared of by Nok's family and he had something to live for, that is to repay his gratitude and kind of assert his worth, just like those recycled materials that can be "Useful" again. (note:useful, not valuable) Khanthong had a reason for living when he met mangmao and he lives to care and protect Mangmao. Same thing for Nai who found a treasure in Nok. Who found purpose in caring and cherishing Nok. Then there's the most important part. The restraint. Khanthong has to let Mangmao feel that he is a man, who can love a woman, without endangering her life and his mission. Then there is Nai who has to let Nok (and himself) feel that he is worthy enough to have her, not because of what Nok thinks he stole from her, (position at the company, status, money, trust of her parents, etc) but because the love, affection and protection (which she needs and) he can give her. It's that restraint that both characters have that makes them tick. Those moments of Khanthong when he's falling hard but has to hold back. Then Nai falling so daaaamn hard but realizes it's all a game from Nok's end. Then Khanthong is waiting for that day that his mission is finished and he can tell Mangmao the truth, in the same way Nai is waiting for the day that Nok will grow up and understand and let him love her and love him in return. Both Nok and Mangmao are afraid to love, with Nok being more jaded and cautious. How i wish there was a war of some sort in game sanaeha too so they'll just hurry up and fall in love! But then the war is the love story itself ;)

I am still wondering why the hell Nai loves Nok. In this episode, with Nok being more vulnerable, i think it's this need of Nai to take care of someone. He's the most pitiful among the children in this lakorn, yet he is the most grateful and most kind. He appreciates how despite being abandoned, he received care from strangers. So with that caring comes affection which turns to a bond. His uncle and auntie taking care of him created a bond, a chain which he cannot break. Although he stands far away as a stranger in the family, he is bonded with them and tied to them because of that gratitude for taking care of him (juxtaposed with Penny's utter lack of gratitude). It's the same between Nok and Mae Phai. How a stranger can be bonded with a family through affection. So in caring and protecting Nok, Nai creates that bond. And Nok is the perfect candidate for Nai's devotion because she's quite clingy herself. :risas3: and come on. How can Nai resist when Nok is being all cute to him and crying and all that. That day when she finally realizes that she loves him and needs him, and in Nai's words, "want to be embraced by his arms" then his mission is complete. Game over. I got this idea since Fia of Lovefia mentioned that the original title of this Lakorn (from the book) is Buang Sanaeha, which is the loop or lasso (well Buang Hong was Lasso for a swan) of love. So i guess it is that "tie that binds" so to speak.

P

PrincessKarina

Yeah, and one last thing before I really go to bed (hahaha it's 1 am here and i have to get up early. Good luck to me :risas3:)

Khanthong and Luckanai actually aren't that much different so I guess it was easy to act them back to back. Both of them had a level of restraint and longing and sense of loneliness. Like one was orphaned, the other abandoned, and had to somehow survive one way or another. I was trying to figure out who was more pitiful, Khanthong who was orphaned when young and grew up with nothing (well, he had his best friend Nant...) so he is able to take up a suicide mission since he has nothing to live for, then there's Nai who was abandoned by his mom, but was taken cared of by Nok's family and he had something to live for, that is to repay his gratitude and kind of assert his worth, just like those recycled materials that can be "Useful" again. (note:useful, not valuable) Khanthong had a reason for living when he met mangmao and he lives to care and protect Mangmao. Same thing for Nai who found a treasure in Nok. Who found purpose in caring and cherishing Nok. Then there's the most important part. The restraint. Khanthong has to let Mangmao feel that he is a man, who can love a woman, without endangering her life and his mission. Then there is Nai who has to let Nok (and himself) feel that he is worthy enough to have her, not because of what Nok thinks he stole from her, (position at the company, status, money, trust of her parents, etc) but because the love, affection and protection (which she needs and) he can give her. It's that restraint that both characters have that makes them tick. Those moments of Khanthong when he's falling hard but has to hold back. Then Nai falling so daaaamn hard but realizes it's all a game from Nok's end. Then Khanthong is waiting for that day that his mission is finished and he can tell Mangmao the truth, in the same way Nai is waiting for the day that Nok will grow up and understand and let him love her and love him in return. Both Nok and Mangmao are afraid to love, with Nok being more jaded and cautious. How i wish there was a war of some sort in game sanaeha too so they'll just hurry up and fall in love! But then the war is the love story itself ;)

I am still wondering why the hell Nai loves Nok. In this episode, with Nok being more vulnerable, i think it's this need of Nai to take care of someone. He's the most pitiful among the children in this lakorn, yet he is the most grateful and most kind. He appreciates how despite being abandoned, he received care from strangers. So with that caring comes affection which turns to a bond. His uncle and auntie taking care of him created a bond, a chain which he cannot break. Although he stands far away as a stranger in the family, he is bonded with them and tied to them because of that gratitude for taking care of him (juxtaposed with Penny's utter lack of gratitude). It's the same between Nok and Mae Phai. How a stranger can be bonded with a family through affection. So in caring and protecting Nok, Nai creates that bond. And Nok is the perfect candidate for Nai's devotion because she's quite clingy herself. :risas3: and come on. How can Nai resist when Nok is being all cute to him and crying and all that. That day when she finally realizes that she loves him and needs him, and in Nai's words, "want to be embraced by his arms" then his mission is complete. Game over. I got this idea since Fia of Lovefia mentioned that the original title of this Lakorn (from the book) is Buang Sanaeha, which is the loop or lasso (well Buang Hong was Lasso for a swan) of love. So i guess it is that "tie that binds" so to speak.
Oh my goodness! Whew I can breathe now. Lol. Dang your essay girlie. Thanks for all the comparisons of similarities and differences between JT in NFND and GS. Wow beautifully said!

xdanavelvetx

sarNie Adult
Hello, I'm new here! :icon12:.

I never watched Taew's lakorn although I know her. I started this lakorn because I love James Jirayu. He's my type. :icon12::love:

But I fell in love with lakorn. I love Taew and James chemistry. She's too beautiful and He's too handsome. Oh my heart.:p

Katelyn

sarNie Oldmaid

I really enjoy your analysis of Khanthong and Luckanai. Of those, I think Luckanai is more pitiful because of his unloved and abandonment issues. At least, Khanthong grew up with love and care of his family whereas Luckanai didn't have much of it from his mom. I can imagine the deep pain that Luckanai must endure living and thinking that he is worthless that his own mom doesn't love or want him. He is a survivor. And yes "buang" is like a bond. Each and every single moments that he spent with Nok, those bonds are created. She will realize his sincerity and love over time. He will prove it over and over again until she sees it.

Last edited: