[Ch3] Fai Ruk Plerng Kaen (Sonic Boom)

sarNie Adult
i had no idea she was 16. thought she was in her early 20s. it's probably why the lakorn is working for me.

huajaikaungtur

- Marina ♥
Yam definitely looks older than 16. Her voice makes her sound older, too.
As much as I'm bothered by Oat & Smart's interactions w/ Yam, I am really enjoying Boat's pairing.

Heidi

♥Korean Obsessed♥
I seriously stopped watching this lakorn, because I can't bare to see Yam with Oat. Yam's pretty and looks more mature than her real age and her voice does make her sound older too. I was okay with Smart and Yam, but not with Yam and Oat. I bothered with the interaction between Yam and Oat, because for one, he's playing Yam's love interest in here, and he will be playing Pat's father in Malee Rerng Rabum. Secondly, I'm older than Yam and Oat is old enough to be my dad.

Ceryna2001

sarNie Hatchling
jeanie1 said:
Yeah the age gap isn't the problem but her being a teenager is. It's why I can't watch Kob/Num's Dao Prasook. Kob was still 15 or 16 and she had to play out a rape scene with an older guy. Gross. It was the same when Yam and Pat were in Kaen Saneha but at least that one had no touching feeling scenes until the very end.

It sucks cause I like Yam and wanted to see her pull off a hard role.
I think when Kob played Dao Prasook, she was only 13 years old.  I think Yam is cute  and I love the fashion they wear in this series,

Mahalo

sarNie OldFart
It's not that we don't want to watch it, it's the fact that we can't get over the reality of it. In Thailand, it's fine for lakorns, but in the U.S., it's illegal to pair a minor in such a role with men who are old enough to be her father. It's a cultural thing. Some might not take much of it into consideration, but for others, it's a disturbing matter. I'm not saying there's anything wrong for those who are enjoying this lakorn. It's just that we can't get ourselves to enjoy it the same way since we have a different standpoint on it.

fun

Expired Sarnie
no offense taken but i care lol im moving on tho. im watching here and there but the discomfort is still prevalent. dont mind me, skip over. *me doddling away now :)

happy watching to those that are enjoying this.

huajaikaungtur

- Marina ♥
I'm probably gonna be the first to say this but I'm enjoying this lakorn despite the age difference.
If I block the age gap out and just focus on the other stuff, it's pretty good. A bit draggy & slow for me but I'm gonna stay till the end.
Boat is super cute :) He's got such strong features.

jeanie1

sarNie Adult
Kob was 13 in Dao Prasook?? Whoah that's even more disturbing. I knew she was a teen but not one that young.

Yam is 17 now, just watched her in Tee Tai Krua. So yeah she probably filmed this when she ws 16-17. It was interesting that P'Chu the director chose Yam by seeing her picture in a magazine. I was like ok but how do you know she can act from a picture? I thought Yam was picked after someone saw her in Kaen Saneha but nope.

sarNie Adult
i actually thought they did a good jo of picking the entire cast. again, i had no idea yam was 16/17 at the time of filming. really thought she was in her early 20s playing someone in their mid-late 20s really well.

oh damn, kob was 13? lol. i thought she was at least 18. i have no idea how old any of the thai actors are. :shrug:

spanky

sarNie OldFart
Kob was 16-17 years old during Dao Pur Sook...I watched the BST and they were talking about her learning how to Drive in lakorn and Real Life..num about 5 years older???

She was 13 when she started her Bo-Lan Lakorn (Her first lakorn)

she was around 14-15 for Payong

fun

Expired Sarnie
its best not to know an actor or celebrity real age. sometimes knowing can spoil the joyment of a movie/drama/theatre. i cant go back to watch dao pra sook lmao when i did, i was blaffled by how interested i was back when i was younger. funny how i thought they were speaking my native tongue bc i remember understanding of all what they said. i wish i had continue watching lakorn, maybe my thai would have been 85% fleunt instead of 25%. i took a long break in lakorn.

Thookatha

sarNie Elites
Mahalo said:
When they filmed this, which was probably a year ago, she was 16 turning 17. Lol. 
oooh, ok, didnt know we were getting that technical...lol. i guess it doesnt really bother me bc i know they really arent doing anything. like, therez a little bit of hugging, but thatz about it. plus, the camera angles...itz not too bad. i dunno.

spanky

sarNie OldFart
It doesn't bother me much either...unless they look really really young...

There are so many actress I dunno why they need to keep bring new one in...There so many young one...I don't see much new young pk

junemaikao

sarNie Hatchling
Smart and yam actually look good together and they also have chemistry on screen. He doesn't look too old or she doesn't look too young..to me..they were just perfect. I really love all scenes between smart and yam..its pretty cute. I love the way smart looks at yam..it shows he really love and care for her.

Though, i love this lakorn and their chemistry i was so dissappointed for the sad ending..never expected this lakorn to be an sad ending..no wonder the last two eps mainly focused on the couple because they were going to separated. Awe..loved their goodbye, it was so sad. When the ost played, it makes it even more sad with both of them crying.

They should make part 2 or a sequel to it because there are things still unclear. Example, smart's evil mom, his older brother and also yam's mom..is she going to recover?.. come to senses and remember everything? Plus, i don't want to predict that smart and yam are going their separate ways..like he live in thailand and she will move to singapore with her uncle and mom..don't want to think that they will never see each other again..it'll break my heart...lol..maybe i think too much... 

Mahalo

sarNie OldFart
So glad I didn't watch this. I hate sad endings! It totally breaks my heart to invest so much time following up on the characters only to have them not end up together.