[Ch3] Fai Lang Fai (Maker J)

preetam

sarNie Oldmaid
It is official Boy is too small for this role. He just ruins it. I think his head has got too big and he does not care and does not give it. They should have chosen a better actor. I see a lot of newbies in ch7 or onehd who could have done a faaaarr better job than this thing I am seeing there... Disappointed

Ncmeowmeow35

sarNie Oldmaid
Glad to see more people thinking so too. For a moment it seems like we were just "being biased and picking on him cus we think no one is good enough for Matt". :)

Mahalo

sarNie OldFart
Sigh. He's not the worst person to play this role. Boy can actually play it well if he puts in the effort. It's really not a difficult role compared to his other roles. He's pulling a Bomb move right now. He seems to just recite his lines without putting any emotions in them. His eyes are dead whether he's sad, angry, or happy. The only time he showed emotion was that one scene with Mint. He actually smiled with his eyes. I was like he's finally alive but then he went dead again.

I don't understand why some think we're picking on him when it's evidently clear how much he's under-performing. If a majority of the people watching are complaining it says something; it's not just pure bias. Fan or not, I critique everyone if their acting isn't up to par. I do it to both my favorites and non favorites.

byebye

sarNie OldFart
Ncmeowmeow35 said:
Glad to see more people thinking so too. For a moment it seems like we were just "being biased and picking on him cus we think no one is good enough for Matt". :)
Lol...even those that are vocal like me never think Boy is not good enough for Matt. Of course, if they are making it up is another story :).

Even those that are not that big of Matt's fan and watched the lakorn thinks Boy is not doing a good job. So, it's not as if, we are the only one seeing it. Those that refused to see he could do better, well they are seeing it from different angles than most of us in here.

We are not saying he's a horrible actor through out his career, he just sucks in here (up to this point). He played the character wrong IMO. He isn't the fire in the title. It seemed to go to Pear instead. But that's not how it's supposed to be.

There are some scenes that if Boy put a little effort it could be more intense and powerful. But unfortunately, he lagged that very intensity both in body language and his eyes. He doesn't make it come across as he care a whole lot about anything.

And honestly, one habit in this role I noticed and start to bother me is him clamping down his lips when he doesn't like what Leela is doing. But all it does is make him look unappealing.

He might want to be the savior to those around him, and by all means his dysfunction family needs that. Still, it boils down to when that part of his personality needs to come up. There are people that he needs to fight them with their strength and gentle for now takes a back seat...and that pertains to Leela. When it comes to her...he absolutely leave his aggressiveness in another universe.

Step

Mrs James Ma
I like Boy's chemistry with Mint more than with the N'ek :heart:

Mint and Deaw   :heart:  :heart:  :heart:

Step

Mrs James Ma
I think Boy thinks Mint is his N'ek not Matt    :coverlaf:
cant help it lol  :wink:

I laughed hard at this guy :loool:

They need a lakorn together :heart: BEST thing in this lakorn :yes: they are the saviours for me and refreshing to see

preetam

sarNie Oldmaid
Confirmation that he is not good actor. Not professional at all so has nothing to do here no matter who the N'ek is

Step

Mrs James Ma
I agree that Boy is not best here. I'm not defending him but Boy can act, he is really a good actor. He was good in many lakorns like the one with Bella, Margie, FKD, Tawan Chai Nai Marn Mek and Hong. He just did not put efforts here.

Vimalee

Live Love Laugh
The ratings are not as good as other CH3 lakorns currently on air or just done airing; hopefully, it will pick up later.

Episode 1 - 4.9

Episdoe 2 - 4.2

Episode 3 - 4.8

Mahalo

sarNie OldFart
Wah, I wouldn't say he's unprofessional. He's just not doing the best he could in here. Let's use better words to critique and be considerate of Boy's fans. 

Ncmeowmeow35

sarNie Oldmaid
Vimalee said:
The ratings are not as good as other CH3 lakorns currently on air or just done airing; hopefully, it will pick up later.

Episode 1 - 4.9

Episdoe 2 - 4.2

Episode 3 - 4.8
Yeah, not going to argue with that number. I kinda think it is deserving. Even I got a bit bored watching it.

Mahalo

sarNie OldFart
But that's basically most of Matt's lakorns anyways from what I've been observing. Ch.3 lakorns barely make it up to a 6 and above. It fluctuates.

Mahalo

sarNie OldFart
Her past few lakorns have been between a 4-5. Some episodes reach a 6 or 7 because it's the finale or something big happens. I check ratings but I don't post them because there's no point at Ch.3. They don't do as well as Ch.7. 

byebye

sarNie OldFart
Channel 3 rarely makes good ratings no matter how big the stars, that's the nature of it. And it seemed they are surviving based on the buzz.

This lakorn is what it is. If the chemistry isn't there nothing to write home about. Yeah, no one says Boy is a completely bad actor but he is bad in here. The future scenes of him falling in love with Matt isn't much to celebrate about either. He could act with a log and still has as much chemistry as he does with Matt.

He should takes lakorns where he can give his best not tired out of his mind and doesn't try but take up on the lakorn anyway. I think in some parts he is tired and some parts he doesn't know how to play a serious person. But that's just me...