[Ch3] Bpoop Phaeh Saniwaat (Broadcast Thai) : Pope Thanawat / Bella Ranee

phatman

POPE's #1 MIA LUANG
Go go go! Weeeee istg Bella and Pope are sooo professional! They get shy filming love scenes but they could joke about it and there is no awkwardness at all!
Haha. I'm gonna go watch on YouTube ig, twitter, fb everything!
I know they're soo shy! Maybe that's why the chemistry came out just right!

I've rewatched that French kiss a gazillion times. What gets me the most is how Pope and Bella's face were literally glued together at one point. They're kissing with their face! Hahaha. The level of intimacy here is off the hook!!

wuzhangs

sarNie Oldmaid
Haha. I'm gonna go watch on YouTube ig, twitter, fb everything!
I know they're soo shy! Maybe that's why the chemistry came out just right!

I've rewatched that French kiss a gazillion times. What gets me the most is how Pope and Bella's face were literally glued together at one point. They're kissing with their face! Hahaha. The level of intimacy here is off the hook!!
Same! The way Date kissed his way down Kade's face, from her forehead to her cheek and then lead to the kisses aaahhhhhhh i just love that scene ❤

milquety

和泡泡一样佛系的迷妹
So I was finally done catching up with this week's episodes...

On top of all the sweet moments... some really true thoughts/concerns I have (I swear I still think fondly of BPS ;v;...) : I've always had this nudging feeling of uneasiness due to the writing feeling a bit inconsequential, thus incohesive. Sometimes I feel intensely about certain episodes and very satisfied, then there are some other episodes which leaves me feeling like a something is missing - even though I've never felt bored at all for any episodes. These two episodes were more like the latter. Yes, we got kisses we got all the sweet moments....but some things (about the writing) still bother me.

And a question I have...(!!): If Kade accepts the fact that whatever happens will happen, so what is the significance in her still trying to find out so many things firsthand to the extent of risking her life? (Yes, her curiosity propels her, but speaking in terms of narrative sense?) Knowing that history (just like their love destiny) already has its course, she can't change history - so if she can't change anything, what is her role in history and the story? (My brain might have been too wired in a particular way to not see things in another perspective rn.)

I'm glad, though, that we got a lot of backstory explanations in these two episodes - which were the things we were discussing here (before I watched ep 14). So now the backstory is a lot clearer.

Concerns aside... I find it super amusing and I like that while we see characters in their era being portrayed to be usually outwardly conservative - but when they're in private, Date can so so directly talk about love-making....and even if it employed the use of euphemism, it's still pretty bold and hot!! Yay for euphemisms! ;) I just like that we see all sides to people of the past portrayed. They were indeed raunchy too - if not raunchier... :p And every time Kade initiates a little, Date is shocked. Then it ends up with him triggered to become more brazen, lollll

Last edited:

phatman

POPE's #1 MIA LUANG
So I was finally done catching up with this week's episodes...

On top of all the sweet moments... some really true thoughts/concerns I have (I swear I still think fondly of BPS ;v;...) : I've always had this nudging feeling of uneasiness due to the writing feeling a bit inconsequential, thus incohesive. Sometimes I feel intensely about certain episodes and very satisfied, then there are some other episodes which leaves me feeling like a something is missing - even though I've never felt bored at all for any episodes. These two episodes were more like the latter. Yes, we got kisses we got all the sweet moments....but some things (about the writing) still bother me.

And a question I have...(!!): If Kade accepts the fact that whatever happens will happen, so what is the significance in her still trying to find out so many things firsthand to the extent of risking her life? (Yes, her curiosity propels her, but speaking in terms of narrative sense?) Knowing that history (just like their love destiny) already has its course, she can't change history - so if she can't change anything, what is her role in history and the story? (My brain might have been too wired in a particular way to see things in another perspective rn.)

I'm glad, though, that we got a lot of backstory explanations in these two episodes - which were the things we were discussing here (before I watched ep 14). So now the backstory is a lot clearer.

Concerns aside... I find it super amusing and I like that while we see characters in their era being portrayed to be usually outwardly conservative - but when they're in private, Date can so so directly talk about love-making....and even if it employed the use of euphemism, it's still pretty bold and hot!! Yay for euphemisms! ;) I just like that we see all sides to people of the past portrayed. They were indeed raunchy too - if not raunchier... :p And every time Kade initiates a little, he is shocked. Then it ends up with him triggered to become more brazen, lollll
Yes exactly my concern!!! While every scene is written well the overall putting together of those scenes feel incoherent. Like I said, it would've been better if the switched the sequence of events around.

Con#6: Incohesive writing!! (I still love them though hehe)

Last edited:

Dearest

恋の予感
Catching up on the episode and everything is great, but I just have to say--Oh Kade...love ya girl, but sometimes ya need to keep the comments to yourself. Like when Master was like whatever happens, will happen and she repeated him. All eyes went to her afterwards....:facepalm: How many times have you gotten yourself in this situation? Does Kade in the book constantly do this too? Or is this like how the director/screenwriter loves adding repeat scenes (ex: 2 instead of 1 whipping scene, scenes of Falcon barging into Malee's shop to threaten her..I swear the lines were relatively the same).

She calls attention to herself a bit too often. Everyone always asks how does she know, but obviously she can't say why and she can't reveal anything either. Yet suddenly, the converstation always gets dropped like a hot potato. I'm just amazed that hasn't gotten her in even deeper trouble. It's surprising how no one is demanding more from her-- I think the only person who had a serious reaction from her comments was Khun Lek.

Then again, maybe they just think she's a crazy person. :confused0:

No doubt this is one of my favorite dramas still and no drama is perfect.

Dearest

恋の予感
Khun Nong said a few time back then that she already booked Pope and Bella and she also wanted the same casts for p2 so i hope nothing will change.

BTW the maga are so nice :love: and will you pre-order DVD????
Pope and Bella in Season 2? Isn't it about one of the twin boys? If Pope's in there, then he must be P'ek...so he's gonna fall in love with a girl that looks like his mom?! That sounds...:confused12:

milquety

和泡泡一样佛系的迷妹
Yes exactly my concern!!! While every scene is written well the overall putting together if those scenes feel incoherent. Like I said, it would've been better if the switched the sequence of events around.

Con#6: Incohesive writing!! (I still love them though hehe)
Right! You're spot on saying that specific scenes are well-written, but the way it's being put together feels kinda off and disintegrated. Glad to hear that there are other people who feel so too!

But of course we're all still here for obvious reasons... ;)

Catching up on the episode and everything is great, but I just have to say--Oh Kade...love ya girl, but sometimes ya need to keep the comments to yourself. Like when Master was like whatever happens, will happen and she repeated him. All eyes went to her afterwards....:facepalm: How many times have you gotten yourself in this situation? Does Kade in the book constantly do this too? Or is this like how the director/screenwriter loves adding repeat scenes (ex: 2 instead of 1 whipping scene, scenes of Falcon barging into Malee's shop to threaten her..I swear the lines were relatively the same).

She calls attention to herself a bit too often. Everyone always asks how does she know, but obviously she can't say why and she can't reveal anything either. Yet suddenly, the converstation always gets dropped like a hot potato. I'm just amazed that hasn't gotten her in even deeper trouble. It's surprising how no one is demanding more from her-- I think the only person who had a serious reaction from her comments was Khun Lek.

Then again, maybe they just think she's a crazy person. :confused0:

No doubt this is one of my favorite dramas still and no drama is perfect.
Totally agree! That's one of things which bothers me quite a bit as well. She acts so carelessly some times, but on the hand, she's still staunchly and firmly against the idea of revealing her true origin. Guuuurl! There weren't even good reasons for her to speak so outwardly because her comments hardly value add or change anything most of the time :facepalm::risas3:

jkpmeun

sarNie Hatchling
LOL P'Mai is telling everyone that the Lo Sam Pao scene had so many takes because they kept laughing and he's like "why are you laughing? It isn't a funny scene. It's supposed to be romantic." :risas3: Bonus clip of Hot Guy, Got, and Joi at the end at some event.

But Bella and Pope already confessed that by the time they filmed that scene, they were already close friends so it was just funny to them. And Pope said he doesn't know why but he's only shy around Bella with love scenes.

I saw this once! imao

jkpmeun

sarNie Hatchling
Every country that’s been colonized does not like being colonized. Their religion and traditions are practically wiped out because another country decided they wanted to convert them so yes if we say royal subjects hated the idea Phaulkon wanted to change old ways plus he was becoming a powerful subject, this is a threat and colonialism is what is hated. It’s just unfortunate Christianity was the religion added into colonialism.

Thailand is one country that has never been colonized so their beliefs and traditions have always stayed unchanged.
Yeah. Christianity is used as a reason to self-justified the act of colonizing other countries, or kingdoms, but the true reasons lie behind political and economic ones. Urgh this colonization talk makes me feel down. lol

Rosi

Wifey #42
You got me thinking that I would have be interested to see what happens if Kade was already not a virgin in her present-day life. Because it's so usual to have premarital relationships in 21st century (and nothing wrong with that I find - of course not everyone subscribes to this even today). Would totally challenge Date's 17th century values………he would probably run away hahahaha :risas3: ok maybe that's for another story. My mind is just running wild here.

Oh you are in SG too

Milquety - Yes! Hi Hi ..... A nice hello to you, are you a fellow Singaporean? (I thought everyone here would be Thai somehow). We came back 2 years ago. Lucky to discover Thai dramas from August last year, and loving it! Friends told me these stories are the closest to our romance novels (Harlequin, Solitaire, etc). And surprisingly this movie is quite close to one of our past reads!!

In the book "The Devil" by Charlotte Lamb, Lynnette, a very beautiful woman, shocked a small town with her evil deeds & promiscuity, especially hurting her fiancee & his family. Everyone hated her, wished her dead (moon mantra haha). On the day he kicked her out of his home (mantra working), Lynda, the good twin sister, appeared. No one knew Lynnette is a twin. The sisters are not close but she's come to tell their parents are dead. Lynnette isn't interested & vicious, and somehow hit her with the car. Lynda wandered around in the fog (aka that field of butterflies Kade woke up to after the accident), her sister's fiancee found her & thinking what the hell she's still doing around here? She's injured, she also has amnesia & can't remember a thing. They are so identical no one knew this is not Lynnette so everyone had a field day being cruel to her. And because she ended up thinking she was such a bad girl before, Lynda willingly tried to fix things by taking all the hurtful things done to her. And like Kade & Karakade, everyone (plus fiancee) is slowly charmed by her goodness. They thought it's the hit in the head that caused the change (moon mantra says either death or go crazy right). Then much later, when all seems good, Lynnette returns telling her sister not to "take my thing". That's Karakade telling Kade Por Date is hers.

milquety

和泡泡一样佛系的迷妹
Milquety - Yes! Hi Hi ..... A nice hello to you, are you a fellow Singaporean? (I thought everyone here would be Thai somehow). We came back 2 years ago. Lucky to discover Thai dramas from August last year, and loving it! Friends told me these stories are the closest to our romance novels (Harlequin, Solitaire, etc). And surprisingly this movie is quite close to one of our past reads!!

In the book "The Devil" by Charlotte Lamb, Lynnette, a very beautiful woman, shocked a small town with her evil deeds & promiscuity, especially hurting her fiancee & his family. Everyone hated her, wished her dead (moon mantra haha). On the day he kicked her out of his home (mantra working), Lynda, the good twin sister, appeared. No one knew Lynnette is a twin. The sisters are not close but she's come to tell their parents are dead. Lynnette isn't interested & vicious, and somehow hit her with the car. Lynda wandered around in the fog (aka that field of butterflies Kade woke up to after the accident), her sister's fiancee found her & thinking what the hell she's still doing around here? She's injured, she also has amnesia & can't remember a thing. They are so identical no one knew this is not Lynnette so everyone had a field day being cruel to her. And because she ended up thinking she was such a bad girl before, Lynda willingly tried to fix things by taking all the hurtful things done to her. And like Kade & Karakade, everyone (plus fiancee) is slowly charmed by her goodness. They thought it's the hit in the head that caused the change (moon mantra says either death or go crazy right). Then much later, when all seems good, Lynnette returns telling her sister not to "take my thing". That's Karakade telling Kade Por Date is hers.
Hi!! Yes, fellow Singaporean here - born, bred, still living in Singapore. :D I swear I don't speak Thai xD So yeah, I'm relatively new to lakorn too (though not new to dramas at all thanks to growing up in Singapore and SG TV) - have been watching it in the recent years and a whole lot more in the past 1-2 years, so definitely a baby compared to the many others here~

Oh, I've been hardly a reader in general (except for some Chinese novels in the past few years) so I don't really know about those. Wow, that sounds very alike.