[Ch3] Bpoop Phaeh Saniwaat (Broadcast Thai) : Pope Thanawat / Bella Ranee

jeanie1

sarNie Adult
Date's fake drunk act is tied to a lot of things. I'm surprised they took it out and now it looks like they won't ever explain it so I'll just spill. So in the book it went like this:

The biggest thing it's tied to is the story of his brother. His brother was very close to the king but because of political jealousy, his brother was framed for something (I forgot what) and was moved to a far city. So Date wants to get involved in politics and serve but know that if he's seen as too smart and competent, he too will eventually get the notice of some jealous officers. The fake drunk act by him and his crew (it's the entire Ajarn Cheepakow's crew) is so they don't come off as threatening the power of other people.

It's tied to Kade cause Kade knows what real drunks act like being from the modern times and knows that Date is faking it. So she follows him and stumbles into the Ajarn's camp so there's that plot point. Also if I had to pick a turning point in Date/Kade's relationship it would be because of this. In the book, Date ends up admiring Kade because she figured out he's faking drunk, then he tells her story of his brother and she then figures out WHY he's faking. Date also realizes that he actually trusts Kade now cause he told her his secret and she told him, that she won't ever betray his secret to anyone. See turning point!

phatman

POPE's #1 MIA LUANG
Date's fake drunk act is tied to a lot of things. I'm surprised they took it out and now it looks like they won't ever explain it so I'll just spill. So in the book it went like this:

The biggest thing it's tied to is the story of his brother. His brother was very close to the king but because of political jealousy, his brother was framed for something (I forgot what) and was moved to a far city. So Date wants to get involved in politics and serve but know that if he's seen as too smart and competent, he too will eventually get the notice of some jealous officers. The fake drunk act by him and his crew (it's the entire Ajarn Cheepakow's crew) is so they don't come off as threatening the power of other people.

It's tied to Kade cause Kade knows what real drunks act like being from the modern times and knows that Date is faking it. So she follows him and stumbles into the Ajarn's camp so there's that plot point. Also if I had to pick a turning point in Date/Kade's relationship it would be because of this. In the book, Date ends up admiring Kade because she figured out he's faking drunk, then he tells her story of his brother and she then figures out WHY he's faking. Date also realizes that he actually trusts Kade now cause he told her his secret and she told him, that she won't ever betray his secret to anyone. See turning point!
Wait. . . Date has a brother???! Where the heck has he been in the whole lakorn?? Did the writers just decide to take it out completely? Awe that sucks.

jeanie1

sarNie Adult
Then picking up the story of Date's brother, we get some cute brother-in-law/sister-in-law scenes but it's bittersweet for Kade because she knows that Siprat (Date's brother's name I think) is about to die, from her historical knowledge. So this is the first and only time she tries to change history. She asks Kosa Ban for help, another change from the book because in the book Kosa Ban and Kade really bonds and has a close uncle-niece like relationship. But fate will be fate and she learns that she can't change destiny.

In the lakorn, I think we will just a get a quick mention of Date's brother and his death because he is a real historical figure and is somewhat important. But with only 3 episodes left, we're not getting his story. Probably why they took out the fake drunk story.

milquety

和泡泡一样佛系的迷妹
https://instagram.com/p/BhCaIGkFmoF/

Those awkward hand movement. We can see that he is not good at dancing :risas3:
He can do anything but dance xD
But seriously, I get it as someone who can't dance too lol.... it's totally ok to be an awkward dancing bean :risas3:

That's a lot of details and complexity lost. That would have added more depth to Date's character.

KitKat516

sarNie OldFart

Oh yes I post the story of his brother. I don't quite remember exactly why he got banish to another Province. I think they're going to mention his brother sometime toward the end, I think. Anyways his brother ended up getting executed because he was accused of having an affair with the chancellor or that province the king got furious and executed that chancellor with the same sword that was used to execute his brother.

Edit: he was accused of having an affair with the chancellor's concubine

jeanie1

sarNie Adult
That's a lot of details and complexity lost. That would have added more depth to Date's character.
Yeah it also took some depth away from Kade too. It's basically the first time you see Kade get involved in the political stuff. And it actually flows really well in the book because the next set of scenes you get is the poem battle with Khun Lek and Kosa Ban. If anyone remembers in that scene in the lakorn where she met Khun Lek, she brings up that maybe the sinking of Junward's boat is tied to people being jealous of Khun Lek and that she (Karakade) is totally innocent lol. It'ssupposed to be a continuation of her and Date's political games talk. The lakorn kept the Khun Lek scene but they took it out of its context.

It's significant because one, Kade is pretty shamless lol. She knows full well Karakade is at fault, but she totally used it to her advantage. Two, she tries to subtlety warn Khun Lek of his fate to come.

I would say this is the biggest con of the lakorn vs book, Kade's political stuff. Lakorn Kade comes off like a nosy busybody. In the book, there are no "tell me" scenes. I get it, that the lakorn is using Kade to tell the audience the history story but it's a real shame compared to book. It's made more obvious the ways in which Kade uses her skill and knowledge to help out.

Last edited:

Chario mintmario

sarNie Adult
I think the brother will show up just a bit. There is an actor hasn't appeared yet in lakorn but is in opening credit.

But it's gonna be a very quick appearance probably with 2-3 scenes. We probably won't see Kade and her brother in law bonding at all.

By the way Bella and Pope are in the front pages of all newspapers today coz of the dancing yesterday.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BhDNnBVg9rR/

Last edited:

KitKat516

sarNie OldFart
Yeah it also took some depth away from Kade too. It's basically the first time you see Kade get involved in the political stuff. And it actually flows really well in the book because the next set of secenes you get is the poem battle with Khun Lek and Kosa Ban. If anyone remembers in that scene in the lakorn where she met Khun Lek, she brings up that maybe the sinking of Junward's boat is tied to people being jealous of Khun Lek and that she (Karakade) is totally innocent lol. It'ssupposed to be a continuation of her and Date's political games talk. The lakorn kept the Khun Lek scene but they took it out of its context.

It's significant because one, Kade is pretty shamless lol. She knows full well Karakade is at fault, but she totally used it to her advantage. Two, she tries to subtlety warn Khun Lek of his fate to come.

I would say this is the biggest con of the lakorn vs book, Kade's political stuff. Lakorn Kade comes off like a nosy busybody. In the book, there are no "tell me" scenes. I get it, that the lakorn is using Kade to tell the audience the history story but it's a real shame compared to book. It's made more obvious the ways in which Kade uses her skill and knowledge to help out.
Ugh I want the book. My sister in law need to hurry up and send it :confused:

jeanie1

sarNie Adult
Ugh I want the book. My sister in law need to hurry up and send it :confused:
It's totally worth a read. My mom had it from way back and I borrowed it from her when I heard they were making it into a lakorn.

The way to go is to read it after watching that way you don't compare too much lol. I honestly think that if the casting wasn't so perfect, I'd complain more. And the added scenes are great too.

varda

sarNie Hatchling
Dear all,

for those who need Eps 1-4 and 11 (1 File) Eng Sub. I already put it in FF.

All credits to Ch3 & original subber team.
PS. Let me know if there's problem downloading them.
PPS. This midweek am going off, for Eps 13-14 if you need them in FF, I'll try to upload them early Monday (if there's no problem with my connection). Thx.

Note: Change the (dot) to .
www (dot) filefactory (dot) com/file/5wi0zqcarz15/BPSEp1.mp4
www (dot) filefactory (dot) com/file/1ej3xr4s18fx/BPSEp2.mp4
www (dot) filefactory (dot) com/file/6b24f7a4abnn/BPSEp3.mp4
www (dot) filefactory (dot) com/file/6u72oki29hfv/BPSEp4.mp4
www (dot) filefactory (dot) com/file/1b2p0qlnb4ll/BPS11.mp4

The rest of the files:

Ep 5-6 page 267
Ep 7 pg 201
Ep 8 pg 188
Ep 9 pg 222
Ep 10 pg 233
Ep 11 parts - pg 289
Ep 12 pg 303

phatman

POPE's #1 MIA LUANG
Then picking up the story of Date's brother, we get some cute brother-in-law/sister-in-law scenes but it's bittersweet for Kade because she knows that Siprat (Date's brother's name I think) is about to die, from her historical knowledge. So this is the first and only time she tries to change history. She asks Kosa Ban for help, another change from the book because in the book Kosa Ban and Kade really bonds and has a close uncle-niece like relationship. But fate will be fate and she learns that she can't change destiny.

In the lakorn, I think we will just a get a quick mention of Date's brother and his death because he is a real historical figure and is somewhat important. But with only 3 episodes left, we're not getting his story. Probably why they took out the fake drunk story.
Ahh. I think maybe because they didn't want to complicate the story. Or maybe because of time restriction. I think they should've kept that part of the story instead of spending too much time on Kosa Lek and Falcon's problem because it gives our pra'ek more depth. Too bad.

KitKat516

sarNie OldFart
It's totally worth a read. My mom had it from way back and I borrowed it from her when I heard they were making it into a lakorn.

The way to go is to read it after watching that way you don't compare too much lol. I honestly think that if the casting wasn't so perfect, I'd complain more. And the added scenes are great too.
I ordered it but they cancelled my order without an explanation, tried to reorder but my bank cancelled thinking fraudulent charges :facepalm:. So i tried to buy it from the bookstores in my city but it was sold out. My sister in law said she has the old copy and was gonna send it but still nothing :(. I think I'm going to have to go get it myself lol.

phatman

POPE's #1 MIA LUANG
He can do anything but dance xD
But seriously, I get it as someone who can't dance too lol.... it's totally ok to be an awkward dancing bean :risas3:

Haha. Ditto!

Oh yes I post the story of his brother. I don't quite remember exactly why he got banish to another Province. I think they're going to mention his brother sometime toward the end, I think. Anyways his brother ended up getting executed because he was accused of having an affair with the chancellor or that province the king got furious and executed that chancellor with the same sword that was used to execute his brother.

Edit: he was accused of having an affair with the chancellor's concubine
Dang. . .

Yeah. The buggest con of remaking a book is changing and editing scenes out.

Do you guys think that if this were to be a lakorn of its own and not an adaptation of a novel, would the story make sense??? Haha. Why do I feel like it doesn't really make sense?? It only make sense because I'm bias. Haha