Censorship of Songkram Nang Fah Interviews

kumpangxruk

sarNie Adult
article link - http://www.dailyxpress.net/2008/03/13/cove...erstory_601.php

Angels on warpath

Interviews canned as author of soap on flight attendants finds herself in legal trouble

Published on March 13, 2008

The "War of Angels" ended last week as far as television audiences are concerned. But there is no sign of peace for the players in real life.

Channel 3 this week censored two interviews relating to controversial novel "Songkram Nang Fah" ("War of Angels"). The reason? It doesn't want to be part of a legal fight.

The nationwide audience of "Jub Khao Khui" talk show were disappointed on Monday night when an interview with Royreudee Kenny, main character and author of the soap opera, was postponed indefinitely.

The show's host, Sorrayuth Suthassanachinda, told his fans the following day that the channel's censorship panel did not allow the recorded interview to be aired for legal reasons. The panel said Royreudee was involved in a legal battle.

Legal tussle

Last week, police arrested Royreudee, 52, accusing her of posting pictures of Patchara Silapapreecha, a Thai Airways cabin attendant, on the Internet. The pictures led many to believe that Patchara was the real-life bad character, Cherry, of the soap opera.

The channel was worried that if it aired the interview, it could be dragged into legal problems as Royreudee had named a "third party" in the interview, Sorrayuth said.

On Tuesday night, Channel 3 again did not allow talk show "At Ten" to telecast the interiew with Royreudee's ex-husband, Ning, and his first wife, Orn, their daughter, Norn, and Ning's mistress, Patchara.

The show's PR officer, Narissara Wattakee, said the channel was concerned about a legal tussle. She said the interview would not be telecast until the channel gave the green light.

In promos of Sorrayuth's talk show last week, Royreudee was excerpted as saying she was not as good a woman in real life as shown in the TV soap. She had married and divorced several times in real life.

Dramatic past

Royreudee divorced Ning in 1996, keeping custody of their two children. He married Patchara two years ago and the couple have a year-old child.

The soap opera bubbled into controversy on January 21 when Thai Airways flight attendants urged the government to axe the prime-time drama because it showed stewardesses wearing short skirts and fighting while in uniform.

Royreudee, using the pen-name "Airkee", wrote about her miserable love life and posted it on Pantip.com, which became an instant hit. In March 2007, it was published as a Bt135-novel titled "Cheewit Rantod - Ruangjing Phan Comp" ("The Melancholic Life - A True Story from the Computer").

The 200-page bestseller, which is mostly based on Royreudee's life, tells the story of an innocent 21-year-old stewardess named Rin, or Royreudee in real life, who falls in love with Ning, a tall and handsome pilot. Four years later Ning marries Rin because of an unplanned pregnancy.

An Indian firm recently approached Royreudee, asking for a deal to turn the novel into an Indian soap opera.

By Mayuree Sukyingcharoenwong

DAILY XPRESS

pink_juliet_kashie

sarNie Oldmaid
Interesting...i know tis might be rude but i'm very curious and want to see the Real Rin, P'Ning, P'In and Cherry...esp. P'Ning since he was able to get soo many girls...

but i reallie enjoy this lakorn am glad i had to chance to watch it...

Phew

sarNie Fansubber
Oooh so lets just say Ning married Cherry in 2006 just 1 odd years ago and have a daughter together now lol... so in real life Cherry never got pregnant with Ning like in the lakorn but Rin and Ning just got divorced with probably just the mistress excuse.

I see interesting.

pichayaaznbabe

sarNie Juvenile
Interesting...i know tis might be rude but i'm very curious and want to see the Real Rin, P'Ning, P'In and Cherry...esp. P'Ning since he was able to get soo many girls...

but i reallie enjoy this lakorn am glad i had to chance to watch it...
the author is Rin in the story. so the lady is this picture is Rin. i don't know how she looked like 20 years ago, but i can see that she must have been a very, very pretty girl.

tastesweetlove

sarNie Granny
this is so interesting....i feel bad for the author....she wrote a book about herself and she's getting so much heat.......the lakorn was enjoyable....

tg10

sarNie Egg
I didn't think it's such a big deal, not to me anyways. The lakorn was a bit whack while I watched it but there are more controversial things out there than this.

sarN

sarNie Granny
so Rin divore Ning in 96' and then marry the n'rai , cherry in 06 ? so dat mean he was unmarry for 12 years ? while Rin marry and divore many time ? ..interesting... wait !! if Rin is 52 in 08 then how old is cherry marrying Ning who prolly in his 50's and they have a child together in 06 ??? whao ...machine in deed !!