Cant get married, import

I want yal opinion on this... Well lets jus say that ima 30 years old and decided that its time for me to find a man and settle down but its already been a year and cant seem to find one who is willing cause ima old and the only possible and suitable guys left are guys who been married before. So wat do you all think on importing a guy from like Thailand and Laos, thou its not jus anyone but someone related to someone you know and watnot. Marry them and etc... Jus wondering and no ima not 30 either. Jus using me as an example so if anyone i knew read this they wont get angry. Ima old but not that old. kekeke... :lmao: jus inputs on this... Maybe i might be heading that direction cause i dont plan to settle down until ima 30 anywaise.

neena

sarNie Adult
hmm...well, i kinda have a rule that i follow, if after i turn 30 and i still ain't got a man in my life then i'mma become single for the rest of my life. i'm only 18...turning 19 in a few days so i think i got a lot of time to look for a man. i don't think i want a guy from laos or thailand though. when i was in laos this one dude hit on me and you know what he said to me? he said this, after i told him that i was only 17 (i went there in 2005 btw) : "wow, your young, you must be FRESH?" i was like...YUCK. i rolled my eyes at him and didn't speak to him again. i know that not every guy is alike in Laos but with that first bad impression from that guy i'm afriad of getting hit by guys in that country.

slee00

sarNie Adult
Depends on what your view on life is....If you just want a husband for the sake of having one...you dont have to pay all the expensive transportations...just pick one in the area....if you are looking for a good person...and you cant find a good person in close areas...how would you know ( not seeing or been with) the import husband would be your ideal husband?....As for love? If you have not develop love when you are single...dont believe the old saying about developing love after marriage...very few were lucky to knew this love...but the majority never found this love and they stuck in the loveless marriage the rest of their life....I would say...depends on your reason for marriage....1. for the sake of marriage, 2) for a good husband? 3) for love.... I dont think mail order bride or groom is the answer for some of these reasons...

ceda_lee

sarNie OldFart
That's a big no no for me...forget the fact that you're hmong...think of it as...you're independent and women in this country don't get marry as young anymore...I think you should give it some more time...the idea of importing is as bad as picking some bum off the streets...then you'll have to support him too...am I making any sense?? On top of that, what makes you or whoever that person you're referring to think that there wil be guys around that age from Laos or Thailand that is still single or have never been married...you see? Usually, men around that age would probably have 3 or 4 kids already...I don't know...it's just what I think...

I believe that everyone is made for somebody...so...just wait...

Sorry...sounds a little harsh...

slee00

sarNie Adult
And not to offend the person who started this ( I know you just want what we think of the subject)...But most of the tragic story we hear or read on TV about mail order bride or groom were done by the weird and crazy ones...There was this case of this White guy was shopping for mail order bride...he got one from the Phillipine...she was young....he was old...a lawyer actually....but he was also a weirdo and a killer....she was his 2nd victims...after she arrived and live with him for a while she found out what he reall like...she tried to run away but by then she already have a child with him...and he threaten to take away her son...anyway...he phisically abused her and forced her to engage in a sex session with him and his adult son from a previous marriage...She went missing....but before she went missing,,,she confessed to a closed friend of the activities behind closed doors...her friend report to the police and they began a search...it took 5 4 years until her son finally led the police to her shallow grave and said his dad laid mommy their to sleep....Later they found out that this maniac also killed his first mail order bride from China...the one before to this Phillipine woman.... it's too weird to be thinking about it....even online romance is a little scary!

bugsy

sarNie Adult
i personally would not take that route if i am at that stage in life. And I feel you too, I dont think I'll have a guy in my life by age 30 but I love myself too much to do that. I believe in love and would never marry just for the sake of old age (although i do not think 30 is old nowadays). If you happen to be in your 30s and without a guy to wed....why not consider someone you already know...instead of someone you dont who lives half way around the world. For example...any guy friends? I know sometimes people make pacts with a certain friend/someone they're familiar with if things dont go as planned.

But hey....I hope you do meet someone in the near future and wont have to consider taking this route.

YM_gurl

sarNie Oldmaid
Ey, same here.. i don't plan to settle down until i'm 30... you're so not alone yingerbug.... but ey.. why feel that way? why talk about marrying a dude from laos/thailand...

Bad idea... very very bad idea...

I'm sure someday... somehow.. someone will come your way... just do your thing.. and he'll come... :)

Like this one movie said.. "shoes got pairs.. so will you" ... :)

babe_girl

sarNie Adult
hm...i don't think i would be planing to order a husband from Loas or thailand, i mean there are a lot of responabitly when he gets here...and beside you don't need a man around the house, i mean this is American and woman these day are more indepented then before, so no worries if you don't find the love one yet...

SunStar

sarNie Elites
hmm... it depends... if you think that will bring you happiness... meaning having a husband... then it might be the right thing to do...

i personally wouldn't marry someone just because i'm getting old... if i'm at that age and unmarried... i'll adopt children to fulfill my life and share my love... i don't think one necessarily needs a man to make her life happy...

i'm very happy the way am... i have my family...friends...and my lakorns...LOL...

LIFE IS GREAT...

HuabNag

sarNie Adult
slee00 said:
Depends on what your view on life is....If you just want a husband for the sake of having one...you dont have to pay all the expensive transportations...just pick one in the area....if you are looking for a good person...and you cant find a good person in close areas...how would you know ( not seeing or been with) the import husband would be your ideal husband?....As for love? If you have not develop love when you are single...dont believe the old saying about developing love after marriage...very few were lucky to knew this love...but the majority never found this love and they stuck in the loveless marriage the rest of their life....I would say...depends on your reason for marriage....1. for the sake of marriage, 2) for a good husband? 3) for love.... I dont think mail order bride or groom is the answer for some of these reasons...
[post="142427"][/post]​

I agree with your statement, slee00

yajvaj

sarNie Adult
one of my cousin got married to a white dude they divorce and she's like around her late 20's and so she went to thailand to look for a guy adn she found one he came to the USA to live with her but then he ended up leaving her for another girl...

dfemc

sarNie Adult
hmmm...it's kind of hard if u don't believe in marriage. as i don't n i'm getting pretty old. but i don't mind being with someone for a long time without a proper marriage. but my culture's a bit more different and my family is alot more open to these things that it's not such a big deal for me as it may be for most ppl.

but hey, if u do fall in love with someone abroad n they want to be with u and not just for the greencard ticket, why not?!

anjos

well..... I would never get marrage w/anyone in thailand or loas.... cuz... most of the peopel over there just want to come to the us... and when they got here... they depent on you..... I want a husband who I can depent on not the other way around...... you see... my sister is not that old but in her mid 20th.... and everyone tell her to get marrage..... and some of our couise they ask her to go and import either thier son or cousie..... form loas or thailand.... and I told her hell no!!!!!!! she very smart and got a goood job.... why would she want to do that...... there's lot of fish in the sea here tooo.... you dont have to go back and find them....... just waite and see.... lots of guy or men that I know they havent get marrage yet toooo.... and they are in their 30.... tooo..... what I trying to said is that..... waite for your true love...... every one have one..... so..... dont rush yourseft..... marriage if not easy it very hard and...... just waite.....

macli

sarNie Hatchling
My parents raised me with strict conduct, having a boyfriend is forbidden(so far I was the older one who abide to the rules)...okay we're not even suppose to listen to "love" songs or music period. Anywase I'm turning 21 this year and I have never dated but then yes, I've secretly develop crushes on a lot of Stars ahhaahah...I mean boys whom I've befriended but I only keep it to myself. No one knew about it too cause I'm a green person and I try my best to hide my emotions and feelings to myself. With the fact that now I'm majoring in med. it takes alot of time and diligence so I won't be able to find a boyfriend therefore my mom actually suggested that I should mail order a groom for me cause she knows for sure that I won't be able to find a boyfriend when I'm older. I laughed it off with her cause she only meant it as a joke. But seriously I don't think i'll marry a guy from there, I might eventually end up marrying someone of a different nationality as so did many of my friends and cousins predicted. Well it's true that it's up to the person who makes the decision also. My life will be decided by myself others than that I let my parents decided for me cause I still live under them, I have to listen or otherwise I'll be out on the streets...scary.

Hey i've decided to go live out of the country after I graduate from college too so I'll let you guys know what it's like with those guys there.

meenia

sarNie Adult
I do not think it's a bad idea...I told my mom that if I can not find a boyfriend who I want to get marry to....I will not get marry until I'm 30 years old...I'm turning 25 this year...I'm the oldest of 5 children...My other siblings are not dating...My parents are in their early 50's....I have a degree in Social Work...I'm a working woman...Enjoying my single life...Some time I feel that I'm an education woman and finding a guy is hard...They are not someone that I could go to the store and pick like some items...they have to love me and I have to love them....Some guys I found are very intimated by my high education background and my parents....My dad is very well known in my community...People are scared or afraid that I will not like them...I told my mom not to be concern about me...I'll get marry at age 30...If it means for me to go and fine myself a guy in Laos or Thailand...I seems to not be able to find one here...Plus there are some good and very educated Hmong guy in Laos and Thailand...They could speak and write Hmong, Loas, Thai, Viet, English, etc. Unlike some guy here in the USA that only knows how to write and speak English...Some doesn't even know how to speak Hmong good enough.
It's up to you...It's your life...Make the best out of it...

macli

sarNie Hatchling
The very educated ones over there, I certainly know that there are, I wonder if they would willingly give into marrying a girl from here anyways.