brother-guess what?

little

sarNie Adult
I just received a call from my brother in Alaska and he wants to talk to mom but I said she's not here and what is it. He said he's thinking about marrying a girl from laos and I laughed it's just feel funny. You don't know if they'll be good or what. He's 29 years old been in a relationships before but doesn't work out. He said girls here in US "lang" in laos mean gangsta like go out drinking partying. What U guys think? My mom mentioned before to him that my mom likes her sisters' daughter that she is good and it would be nice to have as a daughter-in-law but at that time my bro was dating and he has no intentions to get a girl from laos. Money wise and process and all. To me it's feel funny weird to marry your relatiive. u know. but it could be someone else though.

lady_sati

sarNie Adult
hahhahhaa!!

i forgot that i was on an asian site.
being here at school were it's majority non- asian,
i was kinda like... 'hey! asian situation.' :p

i think that's really respectful of your brother to call and ask mama.
cause you know, some people just bring the girl home,
and everyone's like... 'whaa!'.

i hope things work out for him.
and tell him that there's still nice non- party-ers out there. :p
just so he doesnt think the world of nice girls has ended. :p

and in the asian culture, marrying a relative,
it just keeps the family closer, that's a main reason too.

take care.

juicee

sarNie Elites
um, that's kinda incestuous. sounds like it's your first cousin, right? it's illegal to marry your first cousin in most places. also, there's a genetic risk involved.

Liberty

sarNie Adult
Your mom's sister's daughter?

Doesn't that make the daughter your cousin? first cousin?

I'm sorry but ewww.

And yes like Juicee said, it's illegal in pretty much most states in the US to marry a first cousin.
There's a greater chance for birth defects to.
*shivers* I can't even imagine getting it on with a relative, ew. ew. ew, I feel so dirty now.

Not all Laotian girl in the US are like what your brother described, why doesn't he just try NOT dating girls like that instead of trying to import one.

triANGgo

lekie_lucious
lol i cant stop laughing about Liberty's comment... Ewww...lol jkjk

Liberty's right, not all US girls are like what your brother described......

tell him he can call me..... i cook... i clean... i stay home..... you name it i'm "WIFEY MATERIAL"...... lmfao i'm trying to sell myself off damn it... i Kun Karn Thong everyday now, i gots to get off asap...... i needa have Kids before my youngest sister gets marry and have her own...... hahahhaa okay okay i was joking, i dont want to get married yet hahahhaha..... anyways please dont tell me your bro marry'n a girl from Laos is his last resort?? lol i know us asian american girls are way too much for them......true that they might have what he wants "Wifey Material" but what if she F's him up and just run's off huh?? see becareful, if i was you i wouldnt trust those girls...... well good luck with helping him find a wifey......

noungning

Heartless
oh wow... u know something... my parents say, if you are a girl, u can marry your first cousin if he's a son of an older brother, meaning my mom's older brother's son... i'm ok to marry him... but i think it's sick personally. but she says it doesn't work if i wanted to marry her younger brother's son, it wouldn't be politically correct. still... sick!

lol, not all girls are 'lang', in my house's definition of the term is more than gangster. haha it's more like a slut, been thru the whole 9 yards and wants a come back. well, he must only be looking in a small corner because he's probably not opening his eyes into other communities. but usually when people wants to go back to laos, maybe he's looking for someone more obediant than the openly expressive americans/canadians/alaskans. but if he's in alaska, it must be a smaller community... maybe should move into the states for a bit?

i have to admit, i close myself to a small community also, and i don't like moving out of my comfort zone. so he might be the same, looking only in one place, but he shouldn't think they'd only be better girls in laos because like some has mentioned. they're not always the best people out there also.

Muddie Murda

smile...
He needa stop picking up girls at the club then. LOL jk
I usually laugh when I find out ppl get their wives from Laos. No offense, but the ones I've known, they're just the gold digging daughters of little sons of bishes. What if she comes to US and then finds the wild life in the US and then runs off later. lol He just needs to get out there and find a nice girl. There are so many out there. By the time he's 50, if he's still single, then he can turn to Laos. He seems like a good guy w/ manners and respect.

You think a Laos girl wanna move from a sunny place to.......Alaska? :D

~Sandy~

Memories with Oil from his U.S. Tour in Nov 2009!
I'm Laos, and i've never heard my parents ever mentioning us marrying our first cousin, or even second or third cousins...sorry but big YUCK!

I had my years where i drink, party, and go out, but I am an independant woman so i can do that. Now with 2 kids, im a full time mom, full time house wife to my fiance, and a full time employee. So this is proof that NOT all Laos girls of the US are "lang" like your brother says.

Like someone else mentioned, he is just meeting the wrong girls. Instead of going to the hip hop clubs to pick up these "lang" girls, he may want to try to go to a nicer expensive lounge, these girls would need the money to buy the expensive drinks with class. :) just a tip.

KEdoubleNY

sarNie Adult
Depending on where you from, a lot of Asian countries 'OK' marrying your first cousin. I know some countries in Central and South America 'OK' with it. Even some royalties family 'OK' it because they want to keep it in the 'family' and also because there's not a lot of 'royal family' around. Americans have a problem with it and call it incest BUT you know what ... look at the south (not just the south but lots of places in America). Brothers and sisters going at it. Sisters and sisters. Moms and sons ... etc.

As for marrying a girl from Laos ... if she's good .... than tell him to go for it ... cause not all Lao girls are gold digger ... so stop assuming. Anyone can be a gold digger ... They don't have to be Lao or live in Laos ... there's plenty of them here in the US.

Oh, not all Asian girls in US are gangsterish type. They're more of a naughty and bitchy type. If you want the good ones ... go to the temple if you a buddhist .. or church if you a christian (but you know .. those that are shy and quiet can be a freaky one if you know what I mean :p ). I know the library have lots of smart girls but they can be stuck-up at times LoL.

my 3cents

Liberty

sarNie Adult
Or your brother can meet girls at bookstores or the library (about the only places you'll find me).

I'm iffy on the religious gatherings, what if she's a religious nut? You know the kooky kind that thinks everyone will burn in hell for doing the smallest things, like drinking, staying out late, or oh my gosh, holding hands with the opposite sex. :eek:

ohitsnoyyy

Mama Noy ♥️
WHAT THE ...? i'M LAO & i'VE NEVER HEARD OF MARRYiNG TO A COUSiN... EWHH.. THAT'S KiNDA GROSS.
& NOT LAO GURLS ARE "LANG" i THiNK HE'S JUST LOOKiNG FOR GiRLS iN THE WRONG PLACES.

HE NEEDS TO STEP OUTSiDE THE BOX TO TRY SOMETHiNG NEW =]

~Sandy~

Memories with Oil from his U.S. Tour in Nov 2009!
Hey i go to the temple a lot...and I'm no religious nut!! But i know a few girls who goes to the temple just like that. LOL

Liberty

sarNie Adult
Hey i go to the temple a lot...and I'm no religious nut!! But i know a few girls who goes to the temple just like that. LOL
Not everyone is but there are some kooky ones that scare even me. ^_^

ChenrukNote

Goddess
Depending on where you from, a lot of Asian countries 'OK' marrying your first cousin. I know some countries in Central and South America 'OK' with it. Even some royalties family 'OK' it because they want to keep it in the 'family' and also because there's not a lot of 'royal family' around. Americans have a problem with it and call it incest BUT you know what ... look at the south (not just the south but lots of places in America). Brothers and sisters going at it. Sisters and sisters. Moms and sons ... etc.

As for marrying a girl from Laos ... if she's good .... than tell him to go for it ... cause not all Lao girls are gold digger ... so stop assuming. Anyone can be a gold digger ... They don't have to be Lao or live in Laos ... there's plenty of them here in the US.

Oh, not all Asian girls in US are gangsterish type. They're more of a naughty and bitchy type. If you want the good ones ... go to the temple if you a buddhist .. or church if you a christian (but you know .. those that are shy and quiet can be a freaky one if you know what I mean :p ). I know the library have lots of smart girls but they can be stuck-up at times LoL.

my 3cents

Hahahahaha P'Ken LMFAO going to the temple or church? Gosh they must be totally desperate wah. Oh and remember you "should not" talk in the libraries so meeting girls there are a no no.

little

sarNie Adult
Today my bro talk to my parents. My bro thinking about someone he knows up in Alaska niece so good not the same blood line. It's still ok cause I heard my mom mention before even in history with kings and queens it's ok if the son is from the older sibbling. My mom have 2 sides but mostly on the negative side because money, paper process taking care of her and all. They just want to talk nice to u cuz they want to come here but after they'll leave u. Mom said if possible find someone here in US. My bro last ex at first she said she'll come see Alaska she's in fresno if she likes it then she'll stay. My bro spent $1,500 for her and her son to visit. She didn't like then just last month she ask my bro money. My brother also paid for her plane ticket another 1,500. My bro must love her much because it seems like he can't get over her. Even when she was hospitalized my bro took care of her gave her back massage. My bro never do that to anyone never seen a soft side. She's the one who broke off with him and tell him to go away. My dad is more reasonable he tells him to get life and things straight. First sending pictures and talk first but not spending too much money on her like $100 but not more or less something like that. Then my bro will visit laos. Maybe he's doing this to get over the past cause it seems like his ex is come back and forth. Personally there's no reason to give/send money first when u don't see them even though u talk on the phone still u shouldn't send. Let them like u for u not send them money so they know/assume u have money but when u really don't they just don't care.

darvil

sarNie Adult
2nd cousin is ok in my book but first cousin is kinda iffy for me.

I don't have a problem with him getting a woman in Laos. Why not? The only time I have a complaint is when an old man goes back to Laos to marry a very young girl. That is inappropriate and probably the relationship will not work. But he is a young guy wanting to hook up with woman in his age range. So whats wrong with that? And why such negative opinions about females from the East? I don't think the gold digger ratio is any WORSE then the gold digger ratio in the US. So yea you can definitely find a decent well groomed female from over there. You could say the guy is a coward for taking the easy way out but really he lives in Alaska.. it isn't like he lives in LA/NY where the fishing area is teeming with women.

KEdoubleNY

sarNie Adult
Hahahahaha P'Ken LMFAO going to the temple or church? Gosh they must be totally desperate wah. Oh and remember you "should not" talk in the libraries so meeting girls there are a no no.

We wasn't talking in the library Nong Nai ... doing something else :lol: :p :p

marduk

Sarnie Clown!
My reaction in chronological order as I read this and then other people's response.

:eek:
:mellow:
:huh:
:unsure:

Then there was a pause...

Then finally:

:lol: (over and over and over...no joke)

Seriously, thanks for the laugh. I needed it this week.

XCappy

Mr. Char
Rules want us to keep the mouth shut. But seriously, when I was there with friends, there were few girls that needed help on their assignments. Captain Char was here :D

I used to go to temples with grandma, I only met other grandma.