Bollywood News

jaymes

sarNie Hatchling
Just thought I'd share this to keep the forum moving along.

Taken from Bollywood World.com

When Salman asked Kareena to grow up
Oct 12, 2005
Courtesy: Apunkachoice

The pair of Salman Khan and Kareena Kapoor is set to sizzle on screen for the first time in the Diwali release Kyon Ki. Recently Salman had said he initially thought it was awkward to do a romantic role with the girl he has seen grow up ever since she was a child. But both Salman and Kareena had joked about ten years back that one day they would act together.

They had dreamt this when Salman was shooting with Kareena's elder sister Karisma Kapoor in Raj Kumar Santoshi's 'Andaaz Apna Apna'. Salman used to tease Kareena in his leisure during the shoot by asking her to grow fast so that she could become his heroine. Who knew that it would come true one day.

Salman has worked with Karisma in numerous films and most of them went on to become hits like Chal Mere Bhai , Dulhan Hum Le Jayenge, Biwi No.1. It is now being wondered if Salman will hit the box office with Kareena too in 'Kyonki'.

Salman regrets that his dream of acting with Kareena could not be fulfilled earlier because she was replaced with Amisha Patel in his Jalwa.

jaymes

sarNie Hatchling
Taken from Apunkachoice.com

Amitabh Bachchan calls off his birthday bash
11th Oct 2005 15.05 IST
By Agencies

There will be no birthday bash for Bollywood icon Amitabh Bachchan , who turned 6[4] on Tuesday. The legendary actor has called off the celebrations in the wake of quake that struck Jammu and Kashmir and Pakistan, claiming thousands of lives and rendered millions homeless.

"I normally don't celebrate my birthday. Some family people wanted to have a little celebration, but I have cancelled them because of the terrible tragedy that has happened in Jammu and Kashmir and also our neighbouring country Pakistan," said Bachchan.

He did not feel it proper to have any kind of celebration, when "our own countrymen and the countrymen of our neighbouring country have gone through so much stress and strain and trauma," said the 'angry young man' of yesteryears.

However, colleagues from the film industry made a beeline for his suburban bungalow, which was flooded with flowers, phone calls and cards. A huge crowd of fans also gathered outside his residence to get a glimpse of their favourite star. An admirer even cycled to Mumbai from Delhi to wish Bachchan, while another fan spoke of his plans to write a 25-km-long letter to the star and personally hand it over to Big B.

"I cannot stop them. This is their affection and love and we live for this. And I hope that this love and affection remains with us so that we are inspired to work more and be able to satisfy their desires and expectations," Bachchan commented on the adulation showered by his fans.

---

No wonder they call him a living legend. Happy birthday Mr. Bachchan!

jaymes

sarNie Hatchling
Taken from Redriff Homepage

Ash glows at the mahurat of Umrao Jaan
Subhash K Jha | October 10, 2005 14:57 IST

At the mahurat of JP Dutta's new film, Umrao Jaan, leading lady Aishwarya Rai looked slim and radiant. She had flown back the night before from the shooting of The Last Legion in Slovakia straight to the event.

Ash stayed the whole day -- chatting and enjoying the attention -- and left the place only at 7.30 pm. "It's good to have her as part of our team. She gives out such positive vibes," JP's wife Bindiya Dutta said.

Throughout the day, all eyes were glued on Ash and Shabana Azmi who play daughter and mother in the film.

The turn-out was impressive. Besides Shabana and Ash, the rest of the cast -- Suniel Shetty, Arshad Warsi, Divya Dutta and Puru Raj Kumar -- also made their appearance.

But the film's leading man, Abhishek Bachchan, was missing though he kept calling and messaging the Duttas from Goa, promising to land in Mumbai before the event was over. But by evening, it was clear Abhishek wouldn't make it.

"Never mind," JP smiled fondly. "He's my boy. I can feel his presence right now!"

An old-world charm clung to the studios. It could have been something to do with Anu Malik's song that was being recorded. As Richa Sharma's voice rose to a crescendo, the congregation broke into collective goosebumps. Anu Malik's daughter Anmol accompanied Richa in the song. Anmol earlier sang in Biwi No 1.

"Javedsaab and Anu Malik have worked really hard. We've already finalised nine tunes for Umrao. This is the first song," JP said.

At the end of the day, the director looked jubilant but exhausted. "We have to match up to the music of those two other great classics about the tawaif -- Muzaffar Ali's Umrao Jaan and Pakeezah. We have to make sure that the music isn't reminiscent of those two but ghazal toh ghazal hi rahega na?"

If Asha Bhosle was the voice of Umrao in Muzaffar Ali's film, Alka Yagnik will sing for Aishwarya in JP Dutta's Umrao Jaan.

The film goes on the floors in November. "I've my actors' dates till April. I will go on shooting for as long as it takes. This is a new genre for me, and I feel like a traveller taking an unknown road," JP says.

jaymes

sarNie Hatchling

Amisha with Salma Hayek, Uma Thurman!
rediff Entertainment Bureau | October 06, 2005 15:01 IST

Pose any questions about France, and pat comes the answer from Amisha Patel.

Be it the Louvre, the Mona Lisa, the Eiffel Tower or anything about French history, Amisha's thrilled about France.

Which is why it's no surprise that she was chosen from Bollywood by French designer Louis Vuitton to share the red carpet with Uma Thurman, Sharon Stone and Salma Hayek. The actress is the first Indian to endorse the luxury leather brand.

"It is an honour to share a platform with such actresses," says Amisha, who will leave for Paris on October 7. "Louis Vuitton is a 150-year old brand, and our Indian Maharajas used their luggage and goods in that era! I am really excited and looking forward to my visit."

She added, "Paris as a city is very close to my heart. It is one of the great cities of the world. I visit it every year and it is one of my favourite destinations."

Amisha also speaks highly of the French language, and says it is one of the world's sweetest. "I feel French is very close to Urdu. Both languages are beautiful. Sadly, their beauty is lost in translation."

And what will she wear at the event? "Obviously, it will be a sari! If I am representing India, it can be nothing else!" Without revealing much about the style of her sari, she says that Neeta Lulla will be designing her clothes for the trip.

jaymes

sarNie Hatchling

Ab Tak Chappan director signs SRK
Subhash K Jha | September 29, 2005 13:43 IST

Ab Tak Chappan director Shimit Amin has moved on. From the dark shadows of Ram Gopal Varma's Factory productions to the frothy, feel-good ambience of Yash Chopra's cinema.

Shimit's second venture will be for Yash Raj Films, and starring Chopra's blue-eyed boy, Shah Rukh Khan.

Ab Tak Chappan meets Dilwale Dulhaniya Le Jaayenge? Not quite. "Actually," says the US-bred Shimit Amin with a Yankee accent that cuts across the phone line, "I had started a film after Ab Tak Chappan for Ram Gopal Varma called Let's Catch Veerappan. But when Veerappan died, the project was aborted. I left India to go back home to the US -- I have family in North Carolina and Los Angeles. Now I'm back to this project."

Apparently, Aditya Chopra heard the script and was bowled over. "All I can say at this point of time is that it's going to be very different in mood and texture from Ab Tak Chappan. Will it have songs and music? I don't know. It might. I can't say, at this point of time."

Knowing the Yash Raj Films penchant for secrecy, Shimit seems to be walking on glass. "No, no," he laughs. "Even if my producers weren't known to be secretive, I'd have still been hesitant to discuss my new project. It's all so fresh and incomplete right now."

But a leap from Varma to Chopra surely entails a whole lot of readjustment? "Not really," Shimit corrects me. "If Chappan reflected Ram Gopal Varma's cinema, I'm sure my film for Yash Raj Films will reflect the new 'reality' in my creative vision. But it doesn't mean my individual creativity wouldn't matter."

"Yash Raj Films reminds me of the old studio system in Hollywood in the 1940s and 1950s, when every production company from Paramount to MGM to Columbia made films that reflected their individual style. And yet, every director, be it George Cukor, Michael Curtiz or Vincent Minnelli, brought in his own reality. I hope to achieve the same synthesis of patented production style and my individual talent for this project for Yash Raj Films."

Shimit seems loath to admit he has moved on from Varma's factory-formed vision. "If you say Yash Raj Films is posh, so is Varma Corporation. Their films reflect a different kind of sophistication and glamour, that's all. Ab Tak Chappan wasn't a small arthouse film. It made quite an impact."

Shimit's yet-untitled film is written by Jaideep Sahni (who wrote Ramu's Company), and is scheduled to wrap up by mid-2006.

jaymes

sarNie Hatchling
Miss Thailand in Mr. Black Mr. White
By IndiaFM News Bureau, October 5, 2005 - 01:47 IST

The recent past has seen a number of firangs making an entry into Bollywood. The latest firang to join the Bollywood bandwagon is Miss Thailand, Ning who will make her debut in the film Mr. Black Mr. White. The film directed by Deepak Shivdasani stars Sunil Shetty and Arshad Warsi in lead roles. Accompanying Ning is another foreign actress Tania Zaetta who is now a known face thanks to Yash Raj Films’ Salaam Namaste and Bunty aur Babli. The two girls along with actress Sandhya Mridul (Page 3, Waisa Bhi Hota Hai, Saathiya) form a villainous trio and they plan and execute a diamond robbery in the film. There are a lot of daring stunts by these actresses in the film.

We had heard of Deepak Shivdasani planning to make a Hindi version of Charlie’s Angels. Is he preparing himself with this movie?

Source:Indiafm Homepage

jaymes

sarNie Hatchling
What keeps Sussanne Roshan busy...
By IndiaFM News Bureau, October 4, 2005 - 04:30 IST

Sussanne Roshan has many reasons to be happy. The mother-to-be has been working hard to launch her brand name ‘Sussanne Roshan House of Design.’ She will put her custom made furniture on display at Zayin, 2005 at The Club in Andheri. Her style of design is an amalgamation of the Mediterranean, rustic and modern styles. She has incorporated elements like mosaics, fibres and carved wood in her furniture. She is also set to launch a furnishings line with designer Krsna Mehta called ‘Sussanne Roshan and Krsna Mehta Home Line.’ The store which is scheduled to open in November will have linens, bed covers and soft furnishings. Meanwhile, Hrithik has been essaying his role of a perfect husband by giving his full fledged support to his wife, via the phone, as he is away, shooting for Krrish. Isn’t that sweet? Sussanne is certainly a lucky woman!

Source: Indiafm Homepage

Ana

sarNie Adult

Rani Mukherjee, with a spate of powerful performances and blockbuster hits, has managed to make her way to the top. Here is the queen herself in a refreshing chat…

With things going great professionally, don’t you feel the need for a man to share it with?
I just don’t understand how my professional life suddenly got linked with a man… My success or failure is mine, what does a man have to do with it?

Are you trying to compete in the looks department with the rest of the girls, since you seem be working on your looks…
I have always given more attention to the character rather than just looking glamourous and forgetting to act. How glamourous could I be with Black? But yes, I also understand that as an actress you have to look good because people look up to you. I am trying out different things with my look and working on it consciously. My looks in Chalte Chalte and Bunty Aur Babli have been appreciated and it feels nice that the effort has been noticed.

Your detractors have always commented on your association with heroes and directors to bag prestigious films. How have their reactions been to your recent success?
How long can you just go on speculating that people give me films because I am in their good books? On one hand, these same people talk about Rani doing a spate of ‘bad’ films and surviving in the industry, then they want to say that I have piggybacked on my heroes, all in the same breath. Actresses have always respected what I have done in the recent past, and they acknowledge that it’s hard work.

Are you uneasy about your chemistry with Preity Zinta on the sets of Kabhi Alvida Na Kehna, now that times have changed?
And who exactly do you think we are, kids? We have always shared a good chemistry on screen in both the movies we did together. We believe we look great on screen together and have wanted to work together again. Thankfully, Karan has given us the opportunity to do so.

How does being called the current No1 feel?
You guys make it sound so dramatic. Well, to be honest I do feel like the No.1 actress. Having said that, I think I have proven myself over the last few years. So I think I deserve to be where I am today.

-Bollywoodworld

Ana

sarNie Adult

Wonders will never cease.

What started out as just another day for Rediff Radio listener Shruti Sakhuja turned out to be very unusual.

She tells us in an e-mail:

'I work in Manhattan and heard this rumour last week that lots of Bollywood stars are in town for two major movies (Kabhi Alvida Na Kehna and Jaan-e-Man). We were hoping we would get to see them.

Yesterday, a co-worker and I went out to grab lunch, when we saw tables set up in the park in front of our office building (Bryant Park). We decided to check it out, and I just could not believe my eyes! In front of me were Shah Rukh Khan and Rani Mukerji. We got so excited. Luckily, we had a camera and started clicking pictures.

They had finished the shoot and were hanging around there while the crew was packing up. They were watching a game of chess played by two crew members. Shah Rukh was smoking most the time. He looks damn good! And Rani is so sweet -- she was smiling at everyone around.

Before this incident, I used to wonder what was the big deal about this. Now, I realise that the experience is truly amazing. Now, I pray I get to see John Abraham some day!'

jaymes

sarNie Hatchling
Ha! If we could all afford it, I bet we'd all go stalk them. Thanks for sharing the news. I can't wait for this movie to come out next year.

Mae

sarNie Adult
OMG...I thought that picture was taken at Bryant Park....that's what I thoguht and then i read your post and i was like i'm right.....I was in NY last month for a week..and went to Bryant Park twice beacause it's so beautiful at night and during the day too...but wow, i was so right...wow....so amazing...i was just there last month...darn should of came later then i would have seen them....

Kelly

lucky....man i wished that was me....so umm if rani and srk are spoted together then that must mean that they are paired up together in the movie rite! i hope so! it must be!

JaM

1TYM hwaiting!
dang it! i wish i lived in ny! im pretty sure that they probably are paired together, why else would they be together in ny?

Ana

sarNie Adult

Bipasha Basu was welcomed back with a thunderous response in the No Entry zone, where her adoring fans lapped her up. The trendsetter of the bold Hindi film heroine, she’s back to doing what she’s best at— wooing the male population with gusto. And the female folk aren’t exactly her friends for that. From the object of desire to the object of envy, Bipasha has progressed well. Here’s a refreshing chat with the vivacious beauty…

With two hits in a row, Barsaat and No Entry, do you think you have returned to the top league once again?
I don’t understand how can you just hop in and out of the so-called top league so easily. It takes years of hard work to be where you are. I don’t believe in Friday stars, and most of the actors of the past, who have always been remembered, have been consistent with their performances. My films might not have worked at the box-office, but I don’t think I failed as an actress in any of them. It’s the media who said Bipasha is not what she was any more; she has lost her charm. But the fact is that I was trying out different things, which were important to me at that point of time. I am glad I have had it this way because I have the best of everything now. And I am looking forward to much more.

Isn’t it unfair to refer to your previous films as mistakes, now when things are working for you again?
Well, Rudraksh, for example, was a big mistake, and even my biggest fan can’t tell me otherwise, because I myself didn’t know what I was doing in that film. Also, I feel, I intentionally tried to move away from my glamourous image, just to prove myself as an actress. And I think by doing so, I was being dishonest to my fans who expect to see me on screen in a certain way. I can’t shy away from being the glamourous person I am, and glamour is a very important part of our film industry.

So you are back to wearing the sex symbol tag?
Do you think this sex symbol tag is going to leave me even if I want it to? I know I am sexy and people see me as sexy. So what’s the harm in that? All I wanted to make clear earlier was that there was more to me than just being sexy. But now I am ok, people can call me what they want to, as long as they go and watch my films. But there is a big difference between me and all the other girls who are being tagged sex symbols along with me, and if I were being clubbed with them, then I would rather not be called that.

The Chopras have signed you on for Dhoom 2. You are banking on that film heavily, though it was reported that you don’t have much to do in the film…
That’s something you will be able to say only after watching the film. As far as I am concerned, I know what my role is, and I am happy doing it, otherwise I wouldn’t have signed it in first place. I was asked to be a part of Dhoom as well, and I am really grateful to Aditya Chopra and Sanjay Gadhvi to come back to me again for the sequel. I think it says a lot about them. And besides, I am going to work with Abhishek, whom I love working with. See, I am not going to be in this industry for too long.

-Bollywoodworld

Ana

sarNie Adult
Kareena Kapoor who had publicly declared her love for Shaahid Kapoor and warned her colleagues to keep a distance from her boyfriend seems to be a bit shaky now. After all, she has undergone a torturous time following the court case involving her sister Karishma Kapoor and the latter's husband Sunjay Kapur. She has started saying that she cannot sacrifice her filmi career for any person. Besides, she is also stated to have remarked that she isn't going to marry for next eight years. However, she needs to remember that Shaahid might not wait for so long and become too old. Besides, other girls are following him too. Is Kareena listening as her sister and brother-in-law have also patched up ?

-BollywoodWorld

Ana

sarNie Adult
John Abraham was big time hit when he won the Gladrags ManHunt, 1999. He became one of the top models of the glamour world. He Kick-started his film career with Pooja Bhatt’s movie ‘Jism’, 2003. His performance sizzled all over country. There was no looking back; he continued doing movies with challenging script. He comprises a complete package to be a Super Star. Audiences as well as critics have appreciated his performance in movies like Dhoom and Viruddh. Soon he’ll capture audiences’ attention with the most awaited movie ‘Garam Masala’ which will be soon released on 3rd Nov. Recognizing his action image and passion of bikes, he is brand ambassador for Yamaha bikes. Recently John and Bipasha also launched a shampoo - Clinic All Clear.

In view of his previous films, it seems that he’ll soon tread over the path of ‘Super Stardom’. He has developed as an actor in movies like Paap, Saaya, Madhoshi, Lakeer, Aitbaar, Elaan, Karam, Kaal, Viruddh and blockbuster hit Dhoom. And now he is evolved as a polished actor after doing movies like Karam and Viruddh.

He has big banner movies like ‘Kabhi Alvida Na Kahena’ with Dharma Production starring Amitabh Bachchan, Shah Rukh Khan and Rani Mukherjee, ‘Baabul’ (remake of a Malayalam movie) with Amitabh Bachchan, Hema Malini, Rani Mukherjee, Salman Khan and Akshay Kumar of B R Films. He’ll steal viewers’ attention in his upcoming movies like ‘Garam Masala’ a comedy flick with Akshay Kumar, Deepa Mehta’s ‘Water’ and ‘Baabul’. He will play an atheist in Mukesh Bhatt’s film ‘Nastik’. John has been lucky to work with all top grade Bollywood actors like Amitabh Bachchan, Shah Rukh Khan, Akshay Kumar, Bipasha Basu, Priyanka Chopra and Rani Mukherjee.

Apart from well-established actors, John reflects an image of a simple human being with no scoops or scandals simmering around his career. He doesn’t carry the typical ‘Super Star’ attitude on his shoulder and interacts with his fans in a friendly manner!

All his up coming films have challenging scripts and John has much scope for his success in the film career. But to reach the crescendo of the success he has a long way to go. But within few years we all will love to see him as a ‘Super star’.

-BollywoodWorld