Be Inthavong - famous handbag designer

missjoy

sarNie Elites
There's an interesting article and interview on Be Inthavong in VOA.

http://www.voanews.com/lao/Lao-Diaspora.cfm

http://www.voanews.com/lao/2006-01-26-voa3.cfm

He's one of the famous designer for the Be&D Handbags sold in higher-end department stores where some of his clients are Jessica Simpson.

I listened to his interview and it's so nice to find such a talented Laotian who's so proud of who he is and where he is from. He's still young and grew up in America, but can speak Lao very fluently.

~Sandy~

Memories with Oil from his U.S. Tour in Nov 2009!
I've never heard of the brand, probably cause its so expensive. LOL And a customer like Jessica Simpsom, she would pay $500 for a pair of thongs. lol

missjoy

sarNie Elites
i never heard of it either, but next time I go to the mall I am going to try to find it. Only to look at though b/c I can't afford it.. lol..

SaoSophab

sarNie Hatchling
wow! cool! now that i know a lao person helped designed the handbag i will support it and buy it if it's reasonable! LOL

shubby

sarNie Adult
wowow...im so proud of him...congrats!!!....i'm glad that he make it this far...

nangmai

sarNie Egg
wow, that's great for him....anyone know the price range on those handbags? and where can we get them at? thx

~Sandy~

thedimpleduck said:
i wonder if he's related to me...hahaaa...
[post="73462"][/post]​

NO KIDDING! Im related to an Inthavongsa....that's close enough right? heheehee

missjoy

sarNie Elites
nangmai said:
wow, that's great for him....anyone know the price range on those handbags? and where can we get them at? thx
[post="73511"][/post]​
most of them are probably over $1,000 and are sold in up scale department store such as Neiman Marcus and such.

~Sandy~

pssst....i've never even heard of that kind of store. LOL jk Only on MTV though.

dfemc

sarNie Adult
boy he is STYLIN'.... Be gots his grooves BeBe, now that's HOT!

now i better get rich soon, so i can support his work. lol! neh...i'll leave that to the blondes.

donna

sarNie Adult
yes! a rich laos person! haha, its just so rare to hear about lao ppl. we don't really make the news that much

noungning

Heartless
lol wow a handbag designer how cute! and money making! cools. well i believe there are more rich laos ppl not in the tabloids.

dalavan

sarNie Egg
t is so funny that i saw this page. it just so happens that i am is cousin. i just called him yesterday. so funny! but those of you that want to check out his handbags go to the website www.BeandD.com they got great stuff and now are doing shoes! they are expensive though i warn you. he sells all over the world. and the high end stores. i the whole family is so proud of him. he started out as a model in his teens and just kept getting closer to his dreams. i just hope peta doesn't get him!