Angelina Jolie gives birth to baby girl in Africa

cecilia

Staff member
OMG..i'm so excited...

LOS ANGELES - In what was arguably the most anticipated delivery in the world, Angelina Jolie gave birth to Brad Pitt’s daughter Saturday in Africa, Pitt’s publicist announced.

“The night of May 27, 2006 in Namibia, Africa, Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt welcomed their daughter Shiloh Nouvel Jolie-Pitt. No further information is being given,” publicist Cindy Guagenti said in a statement.

No photographs were being released, she added.

people:
Angelina & Brad Have a Girl!

Saturday May 27, 2006 9:25pm EST

Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt have welcomed a baby girl, Shiloh Nouvel Jolie-Pitt, a rep for the couple confirms in a statement to PEOPLE.

The child was born on May 27, at night, in the African country of Namibia.

The new parents, along with kids Maddox, 4, and Zahara, 1, have been staying at a luxury resort in Namibia since April, where their personal security team and Namibian police have shielded them from paparazzi.

Last week, the Namibian government said foreign journalists wishing to cover the birth must have written permission from Pitt and Jolie to enter the country and obtain a work permit.

The new girl is the couple's first biological child. Jolie adopted Maddox from Cambodia in 2002 and Zahara from Ethiopia last year. Pitt is in the process of legally adopting both children.

The baby is the latest step in a life-changing year during which Pitt and Jolie went from costars (in last summer's slick crime thriller Mr. and Mrs. Smith) to supercouple to, finally, Mommy and Daddy.

"It's the idea that you love one another and you want to create a family together," a friend of the couple's told PEOPLE earlier this year. "What's beautiful is you can do it by birth (or) by adoption."

Word that Angelina was pregnant first broke on Jan. 11, when representatives of both stars confirmed the baby news to PEOPLE after the actress and U.N. goodwill ambassador had confided to a charity aid worker in Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic: "Yes, I'm pregnant."

The pregnancy news – which came shortly after Pitt's announcement that he planned to adopt Maddox and Zahara – might have been a media bombshell, but it was a natural progression for the pair who put nest-building on the fast track.

Jolie, 30, had long spoken about expanding her family, and told PEOPLE last October that she would like to adopt again. "There's something about making a choice, waking up and traveling somewhere and finding your family," she said.

Pitt, 42, has also often talked about wanting a family. He has no children from his 4-year marriage to Jennifer Aniston, which ended last year.

"I think he'll be wonderful (with the new baby)," Pitt's Assassination of Jesse James costar, Mary-Louise Parker, told PEOPLE earlier this year. "He's a great guy, conscientious and kind. I'm happy for both of them."

Congratulation Brangelina :w000t:

Angie

sarNie Hatchling
Congratulations to Brad and Angie in welcoming their new baby! I'm so happy for them, especially Brad.

pii-nky

sarNie Juvenile
the BRANGELINA baby has arrived!!! =)

dude, my mum was getting furious that it was a boy when it said all over the news it was a GIRRRRL! lol =P -_-

lol-- she loves Angelina =P

Azlisakhmer

sarNie Adult
so happy congrats 2 dem so glad it's girl gonna have parents look omg so pretty?

Secrets

sarNie Hatchling
Oh wow, that's awesome to hear. Major congrats to the Jolie-Pitt family! I'm dying to see a picture of their baby!

Kina

Dubsteppin'
i was watching Entertainment Tonight and the host said that Shiloh (brangie's baby's name) has her mother's lips and her father's nose lol..cute i can imagine.

Preahya

sarNie Hatchling
why the name shiloh for their baby girl. Yes....at least it is not APPLE or MORTIMER but still....Shiloh....doesn't fit them....MADDOX and ZAHARA are great names...Shiloh....I'm not digging it.....wait....why do I care soo much about this......???? :huh:

bugsy

sarNie Adult
oooh....with brad pitt as the daddy and angelina jolie as the mommy....this baby is gonna grow up to be HOT