Am I the only one that doesn't like Khmer entertainment?

sajenna

sarNie Oldmaid
RHM do the same, same music but change lyrics. i only buy SR karaoke (oldies ;) ) khmer entertainment needs to improve their quality, stop using dubbed voices and more important, needs to find real actors and actress and not puppets!!!

raymond_obsessed

Just plain obsessed
I just get mad whenever I hear a Thai or Chinese song in Khmer...especially when I heard Bie's - I Need Somebody, it just doesn't do the original justice...and it wasn't as meaningful as it was in Thai

russe

sarNie Adult
The only Khmer entertainment I like and willing to buy is RHM DVD.

Well, I don't care about copying the songs from outside. I found it everywhere that not just only Khmer, I've heard american songs in chinese, thai, korean, etc...some spanish songs that american sang...

Because I don't speak or understand their songs meaning, and when they make a beautifuly meaningful lyrics in khmer...those words melt my heart and I thank them for making it to the language I understand and love....I love RHM. Peace.
same here, I can't undersatnd any other languages beside English and Khmer so I just stick to listening to Khmer and English. No matter how much I listen to other songs in different languages, it just seem so pointless to me. I glad RHM uses other music because some of the lyrics are beautiful.

Dal

***LOVE, LOVE YADECH***
LOL. I prefer other entertainment besides Khmer too. Hopefully it will improve in time.

Sreymao

sarNie Adult
I learn to speack khmer from watching thai and chinese series dubbed too, As I was growing up my dad don't want me to hang out with too much friends beside @ school my dad would go rent lakorn for us to watch my bro's watch chinese I watch thai hehe... it wierd sometime they watch thai too but not to much I think they like MonrukLukToung with SaranYU/NumPung ( we call sarunyu, Lek) it weird how khmer fans have name for thai star since the first lakorn they see them in ex. KOB suvanant ( PaikPraiek). They also like RachaneeMorlum. my parents were alsway working as I was growing up so no time to teach us khmer we learn from that. JUst like Sajeena I buy all SR karaoke too babd they don't have make anymore

yak

sarNie Adult
The only Khmer entertainment I like and willing to buy is RHM DVD.

Well, I don't care about copying the songs from outside. I found it everywhere that not just only Khmer, I've heard american songs in chinese, thai, korean, etc...some spanish songs that american sang...

Because I don't speak or understand their songs meaning, and when they make a beautifuly meaningful lyrics in khmer...those words melt my heart and I thank them for making it to the language I understand and love....I love RHM. Peace.
that's so true.. even the american, they took some asian stuff.. like shutter... as we called it Kmorch Jiss Gaw.. i was so disappointed seeing it american because it suck.. lol.. even the thai version was even better.. if you think about everyone copies everyone.. they just trying to make their self look good..

solin

sarNie Adult
RHM sucks but I only buy their dvd lol.
Yes ! I know I'm strange !
Well...I watch RHM because of their music video who for me are the best done : I just want to collection them even If I rarely watch to them
Reading RHM karaoke is a good way to practice khmer lol.

I know that It's not a khmer exception to copying/translate songs from other countries
but in khmer case It's too much ! almost 80% of their song are from other countries, 15% are remake from oldies
....It means 5% of creativity with 4% of really stupid and bad songs !

If they continue like this they would never been able to improve
sad because I know they have talented artists
and most of all : they have really great musician who know to play !

As for cinema ! It's not really the fault of the actors
they are not that bad in fact...ok not all of them lol.
but their scrips are just stupid and boring !

sueliq

sarNie Hatchling
I totally agree with everyone in their opinions. Khmer entertainment, is changing. for it being better or worse, that's the person's perogative.

personally for me, the script is just plain stupid now, like someone said earlier, they rush the production, so they can come out with another one fast. i like the old movies like sovanpancha, on euy srey on.. even some back from teh 90's with ampor thavy, hok lakkana.. it just seems like back then, the movies have deep meanings. as for now, i guess its trying to play up the storyline to be modern, with issues that today's society is going through.. but i swear, i was watching a khmer ghost movie when all of a sudden, the ghost disappeared, and a bunch of gay men, where doing each others hair, and they were all stuttering. <<which is weird.. needless to say i didn't finish that movie..

i notice some things about khmer drama now, they are starting to do it in episodes, like lakorn. and there is always a cross dresser like lakorn too.. Which is weird when most asian cultures are so biased on homosexuality.

for songs, the oldies are the best!! hands down. I like romvong, saravan, madizon, joul kapueuk(<<shrimp..hahaha) lam leuw. some modern songs are okay, but then again they just sing the same old songs, add their own twist, and hopefully it comes out good, but mostly it comes out shitty... <like Pich Sophea> oh i don't like her, she can't sing, and she not even that pretty.

so wrapping things up, khmer entertainment is slowly, but surely changing. for better of for worse, well that is up to the consumers, if you buy it, and continue buying it, producers are thinking they are doing something right and keep on distributing it.

annaxox

sarNie Egg
Hey, sorry to crash so late in the conversation's
I have nothing to do with Thai way so even but i love Thai lakorn, songs and celeb's
the girls are so pretty and the guy are sooooo hot lol
Khmer star i hate them
is that bad? <_<

russe

sarNie Adult
Hey, sorry to crash so late in the conversation's
I have nothing to do with Thai way so even but i love Thai lakorn, songs and celeb's
the girls are so pretty and the guy are sooooo hot lol
Khmer star i hate them
is that bad? <_<
"hate" is such a hash word....

Nattrakorn

sarNie Hatchling
i like de old khmer music cause they wrote it themselves!! the new i dont hate them but i dont really like it much!!

Mister Bubbub

sarNie Egg
i love oldies sang by samouth, sothea or pen ran, they have a very beautiful voice but now they died and we only have good looking singers with bad voice! when i was younger, i watched khmer entertainment but they were with tepreun daro, ampoy tevy, srok srey mom... it was funny at those time. i tried to watch modern karaoke, modern movies and khmer series but omg, they pissed me off! they are too modern for me :lol: they want to do like us or europe entertainment but they do too much. i'm not the only one who think this, my parents too. and does everyone know why they always dubbed khmer movies and series? they are khmer, no, so the actors can use their own voice!
Quoting to say that I love the oldies. I used to watch Khmer movies back in the early 90s as well as the classic ones from the 60s and 70s, but I haven't been watching any recent Khmer movies so I can't really say anything about that. I definitely can't stand the modern day music in Khmer so I stick to Sin Sisamouth and the the likes because the modern music in Khmer todays are just rip offs and not original at all. In Cambodia now, its all about the looks and the money. No talent. Diamonds in the dust are just rare these days. :\

Though I can't say I haven't listen to any at all because I've heard of Sovannareach and Sokun Nisa. They're pretty decent. :)