Abortion or Not?

cecilia

Staff member
I just saw another sad clip now on FB feeds ... Not sure where it happened but the voices/conversations sound like it's from ...?

Anyway, it seemed like a mother just gave birth to the baby and wrapped him/her up in a black plastic bag while his belly cord was still attached to his placenta (don't know what it is call but ... goodness, these people make me mad).  Saddest part is seeing the baby moving T______T 

WARNING -- WATCH IT AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION; it's heart breaking :( https://www.facebook.com/290383097835613/videos/vb.290383097835613/356894034517852/?type=2&theater

Maya_Fantasy

sarNie Oldmaid
With your warning, I afraid to click on it.  With FB, there are a whole new World to see how inhumane us human can be, and the pictures/images is so graphic that I am very wary of click on anything now.

I saw one similar to the scene you were describing, I believe they were speaking Khmer (sp?) and no one dare touching the baby because the baby was in a bag with all the afterbirth stuffs in it, the lady was looking for gloves.  I feel so bad for that baby.  I don't know how any mother can do that to their own child.

Anyway, hope is the same one you saw, so there won't be so many abandoned babies out there.

KhoOnxNouxWanxJai

Staff member

Kiachue1

FF Writer!! Love it!
I think as it is already there are Clinics/hospitals making the women who doesn't want to have children hear the heartbeat of the child before having an abortion. A lot of women who listens after the baby's heartbeat usually don't go through with it. But some have I truly blame it on those who are heartless enough to go through with it. I know I have no right to judge that person but, it takes two to tangle. and if your not ready to have a child, you should have known the responsibility into your actions. 

The only problem about it is, the heart monitoring thing only exists in certain regions of the united states, where they are mandatory and require for those who want an abortion. 

I won't judge those people who are rape and end up being pregnant. But if it was me, a baby won't be the blame, regardless I'm against abortion. It's sad to see people abort their babies. I consider it murdering, after all you are still taking another life. 

I also had this talk with my older sister, she had a pregnancy scare this week and she bought a pregnancy test but it showed negative. I told her to wait another week before she took the test again bc she's been eating a lot more then she usually does and is more frequently tired. She also miss her monthly cycle. She craves for juice all the time and is constantly hungry. I'm thinking she is pregnant but if she's not it may just be her over thinking it. I told her not to get a abortion and she said she will never do that, bc she's also against abortions. 

sin2su

sarNie Egg
I went through the whole against abortion-phase growing up because I only cared about my point of view BUT now I am pro-choice.  Of course, I do not agree that a woman should consider abortion after 3 months.  I personally feel that is more than enough time to consider your options, but that does not mean I will insist my idea on others who already made up their mind to terminate their pregnancy.  

I do not agree with judging a person base on their choice, since I < < we > > do not know the expecting parent's story/background no matter how well we think we may know.  Whatever choice the parent make will vary base on her sole background, experience, and knowledge.  Whichever decisions she makes will result in some kind of criticism or shaming (on both side -- directly or indirectly).  People will always be there to judge, if not the parent...the child.  So I feel it is the the parent's choice, because at the end of the day it will be how she feel and her future.

Maya_Fantasy

sarNie Oldmaid
Awhile back I saw a documentary about baby from conceive to birth. And it shows that the life form or start to takes it's shape as soon as you do the deed. Your egg/eggs start to awaken even if the sperms hasn't reach it yet once it entered your body life already started.  So I don't believe the saying about you can still abort on certain time period.  I am against abortion, but also pro-choice if there is no other way to convince them not to go thru with it, just as long as I'm not apart of it. It's their life and their sin to carry with them for the rest of their life and life afters.

CC, when I saw that video I was thinking to myself "why didn't they just scoop up that baby?" If that was me I would have cuddle that baby in my arms without thinking twice about it.  Then I realized with all those afterbirth, blood and all, it can be bad if there was/is a disease touching it.  Yet I still feel sick to my stomach looking at that baby crying on the ground like that. Poor little thing. When I see something like that, it made me want to adopt.

cecilia

Staff member
^my thought exactly. The situation was just so sad and he/she was to tiny to begin with too .. Oh, my heart broke into oiec s seeing how he moves around the bed as the woman puts on her glove to pick him up. Upset at the irresponsible couple!!!!

KhoOnxNouxWanxJai

Staff member
I saw this article today and thought about this topic....it kind of sheds a different light on this topic and makes me feel a bit conflicted about where I stand =/

Article

ImQueen

sarNie Adult
I think abortion is still way better than conceiving the baby and then leaving it to die afterward, or something like that. Might as well take care of it when it hasn't affected your life as much.

Shouldn't we also look from the child's POV?

xodxo

Trapped in MueyxTian's World! ❤️
I agree that the decision to abort a fetus is up to the parent, her income, her stability in life. It would be far worst to give birth to a child and raise that child in poverty where the child will be shamed upon, looked down all the time. We have more irresponsible and poor parents who put their kids through hardships. Any stable parent with good income would not want to abort a fetus because they know they can support the child financially and emotionally. Whereas the parents, who are poor and cannot even support themselves should not be selfish and put another soul through hardship. I grew up seeing so many parents living below the poverty line having a bunch of kids and I kid you not, it's so much more heartbreaking seeing what their kids go through to suffer. No food on the table, kids look messy with no clothes to wear. God, I hate the thought of it because it's not fair to these children.

I am for abortion, not because I think it's okay to "murder" a fetus, but because I would rather not give birth to a beautiful child I cannot support financially or emotionally. I don't want to be like any other negligent adult out there who pays no attention to their kid thus the reason to many homeless kids, gangs, violence and drop out in America and world wide.

I believe that if you truly love a life, a child, there is no need to have 10+ kids where you can't even support any child sufficiently and properly. I think that if a parent truly loves a life, the life of a child, a responsible and earnest parent would have 2-3, enough to support and supply them wholeheartedly with 100% care. Not to be depended on welfare. This is where some parents abuse the welfare system. They purposely pop babies out left and right in order to abuse the welfare system, but once the child is of certain age, the welfare system stops supporting the child and thats when the child is neglected by the parent and end up with shameful, poor and unable to move forward. And the cycle of poverty repeats.

I think that I love a life. I do not wish death upon any fetus but I stand by that I would rather abort the fetus as the earliest stage than to have pop the child out and put the child in poverty and hardships. Someone brought up adoption, but I don't believe in adoption because I truly believe that if I was going to give life to a child, I should be the one supporting that child 100%. Plus, it's my blood and I hate to see my own child being taken away from me. That would kill me more than to abort at the earliest stage of life.

Another reason why I am for PRO abortion is because when I look at the amount of homeless children in poverty in the world, who all came from the lack of irresponsible "adults" it's too much. I cannot even think of the idea of populating the world anymore. More reckless adults are populating the world with not enough care and need to their children, often leading their children to repeat the same cycle and this only continues to pollute the Earth further more. I am for planet Earth, going green and keeping Earth clean. Humans are the cause of Earth's pollution. If we don't cut down, Earth will vanish one day too because the human population is outnumbering the space on Earth.

Whatever the case is at the end of day, it's the mother/parents' decision to decide if they want the abortion or raise the child wholeheartedly and comfortably with love and care.

xodxo

Trapped in MueyxTian's World! ❤️
KhoOnxNouxWanxJai said:
I saw this article today and thought about this topic....it kind of sheds a different light on this topic and makes me feel a bit conflicted about where I stand =/

Article

This is a very SAD situation. First of all, the girl was 10. If this was in America, the stepfather would be trialed as a "rapist". He would be a criminal offender. He would be a sex offender even a pedophile! He's SICK, mentally ill. He would be SENT to jail under no condition!

It sucks that countries like Paraguay do not have laws to protect children and girls, or even women against rape. I would NOT live in a third world country with no civil rights. It's a shame and unethical! SICK!