A quick question about lao people

noungning

Heartless
yeah they will get jobs once their economy is built which is a long process. but i know my cousin in laos just got a job recently and she's being paid pretty well compared to others in her age.

like someone said, laos isn't stable so no one will risk their businesses in laos, but it will slowly be improving.

Phon

sarNie Adult
hey.. i never said all the lao people in the united state i said some will help and some will not.... i'm not listening to one side either. i'm just saying what i think.. As for me i just don't like communist....and i dont' like those lao deang that is run around and taking over laos. You just dont know what they did to my grandparent when they did nothing wrong. this is soo stupid.. man talking about one thing end up talking about something else. Oh yeah about they put money in the temple ,school and, etc. still there's not much jobs that why laos people go to thailand to get a job.
Okay, i see they making laos country better but the people is not making much money i still see them being poor. My Point is i want to see more jobs for people in laos so they dont have to go to other country looking for jobs.

I know where your coming from sweetbabe. My dad is a former royal lao soilder. He had no choise but to exscape to Thailand. Becuase his friend who fought side by side with him all got taken away to a camp somewhere and never return. So he had to leave with my mom. ALong his way to Thailand he saw alot dead bodies floating in rivers and water. Shot dead and those were all people who try to exscap but my parents walk day and night no sleep just to make it across the river. And yes if laos had more jobs lao people wouldnt have to go to other country to make some money. But you just cant have jobs gotta make the lao kip $$$$ more better then what it is its so doesnt worth nothing. I heard more people use baht in laos then kip. And I just saw in the Thai news they capture 10 lao women sneeking in Thailand to look for jobs. The head of the group was some lao lady who brought them told them she knows a place with jobs. I smell prostitution here she gonna sell those girls I bet. See if laos was more develope run by a better goverment these women wouldnt have to get trick like this. And hmong tribes wouldnt have to run for thier lives to. They were crying and being pulled by the thai army becuase they were gonna ship them back to laos they didnt want to go back. They all ran behind a gate so the soilders couldnt get them. Thats sad this is all the laos goverment fualt.

Phon

sarNie Adult
Agreed, and thanks for the info.

Sweetbabe, I don't just care about going faster from point A to point B. It's important for Laos to have a railroad system because it will help their economy quite a bit. Inefficient transportation of materials can really hinder economic growth.

And phon, there's some stuff I want to respond to you, but I'm just going to let Champ do that since you responded to him directly.

Champ is a guy? 4 real? dang thought it was a girl the name and the complaining about the dok champa flower thought it be a girl. lol No guys give a shit about flowers. simbol or not guys dont care about those stuff.

sweetbabe

sarNie Egg
wow your dad is former royal lao soilder too... these are the people that I have respect for. My parent exscape to thailand but at that time my dad as being general ,my dad and his soilder still go back to lao and help fought the war . He left my mom to fought for the war for three month then come back and visit my mom. Did that same things over.... until my mom had my brother and sister.. that when my dad started to think about his family future and decied to come to the untied state but before my family can come to the united my dad help other laos people to come to the united state first. Its just painful to see lao deang and veitcong kills lao people that live in laos. People that don't have family member that gone through this stuff wouldn't understand.

champthong

sarNie Hatchling
Champ is a guy? 4 real? dang thought it was a girl the name and the complaining about the dok champa flower thought it be a girl. lol No guys give a shit about flowers. simbol or not guys dont care about those stuff.
First of all Phon, don't jump to any conclusion about my gender! Beside, what is gender have to do with anything! I don't know where you get your fact from, but get them straight or at least adjust them! If you don't know then I suggest not typing anything!

Phon I am not stressing out or up tight about anything! If you think I am up-tight please go and re-examine yourself. Just get your facts straight and don't assume! I could care-less about the lakorn shit! Heck if it aires then it aires; if not it is not like the whole world is going to end! Damn, talking about cry me river!

champthong

sarNie Hatchling
wow your dad is former royal lao soilder too... these are the people that I have respect for. My parent exscape to thailand but at that time my dad as being general ,my dad and his soilder still go back to lao and help fought the war . He left my mom to fought for the war for three month then come back and visit my mom. Did that same things over.... until my mom had my brother and sister.. that when my dad started to think about his family future and decied to come to the untied state but before my family can come to the united my dad help other laos people to come to the united state first. Its just painful to see lao deang and veitcong kills lao people that live in laos. People that don't have family member that gone through this stuff wouldn't understand.
Which part of Laos (province) are your family from? Just curious and if you don't feel like answering it, it is okay. I would have to say that I do respect all military personnel, without them we as civilans would be nothing. Sorry to hear that your family and other families had to go through this.

exp0

sarNie Juvenile
In order to stay they have to brainwash you to work for them, and soldiers can walk in and out of your house anytime, anyday they desire.

Now why did I say that I didn't love my country? think about it, some Iy-Nong along with Viet Congs coming to your stilted house telling you it's no longer your country and your rights to live here. And calling your parents 'Path-i-gans'. So, to summarize, I was thinking more on the year my parents had to escape in order to survive, not just through warzones, but also in camps. Hm, thinking about this, made me think of the Tai Dums that had to leave their land over war.

Imagine if your parents still lived there, we would be rich. Cause before some people left they worked along side the royal government.

Phon

sarNie Adult
First of all Phon, don't jump to any conclusion about my gender! Beside, what is gender have to do with anything! I don't know where you get your fact from, but get them straight or at least adjust them! If you don't know then I suggest not typing anything!

dang man you stress alot dont you? you be stressing about everything. you cant take a joke i see why you stress over that lakorn so much. you take everything so seriuosly. stop being so up tight.

Phon

sarNie Adult

yea sweetbabe my dad was a former royal lao soilder. But not just him his father and my mom 2 brother and my dad uncle. Basicly everyone in my family beside me lol. My mom brother after the war they took him to sam Panna a camp where they take you and torture you. But he came back later people dont know how but he did. But now he cant walk he handicap. Poor guy......................my dad brother who now live in Thailand he never got a chance to come to America he cant go back to laos he affraid they might kill him becuase he is a former royal lao soilder. My dad call him here and there and tell him how come he dont go back and he tells my dad what they still! do to old soilders in laos becuase one of his friend went back he said he cant live in Thailand anymore he has no rice field like when he was in laos he went back never heard from him since he just dissappear. Now no one can just disappear like that unless he was taken away. So my dad told his brother to just stay in Thailand and he will send him money if he needs it. He wanted to come to america but for some reason he was left behind and his kids and wife. I still got family in Thailand who couldnt come to america my family was the lucky one who got to come. :drool: :yahoo:

Phon

sarNie Adult
In order to stay they have to brainwash you to work for them, and soldiers can walk in and out of your house anytime, anyday they desire.

Now why did I say that I didn't love my country? think about it, some Iy-Nong along with Viet Congs coming to your stilted house telling you it's no longer your country and your rights to live here. And calling your parents 'Path-i-gans'. So, to summarize, I was thinking more on the year my parents had to escape in order to survive, not just through warzones, but also in camps. Hm, thinking about this, made me think of the Tai Dums that had to leave their land over war.

Imagine if your parents still lived there, we would be rich. Cause before some people left they worked along side the royal government.

agree some of us would be rich. and wouldnt have to suffer just to come to a 3rd country.

dfemc

sarNie Adult
wowz! such an interesting discussion. i love it!

it's the classic: the elitist resentment over new regimes, the commies becoming the elitist, history replayed 20times, colonial power struggles, need for economic reforms, blah tee dah tee dah.... it's an endless cycle.

gosh the list goes on. i rather stand along side the spectator. it's not apathy that's caught up, but rather an acceptance of reality and its nature.

laos is a beautiful country...really beautiful. i could put out a hammock and lay out in those fields all day. the ppl are wonderful. and i'm sure it all sounds like a shallow touristy perspective because i'm an outsider. but u know what, building comes from within, and that goes for everything and everyone. i know sometimes, from all the traveling, u see the need for changes, and secretly u wish u can be a dictator, take over the entire nation and implement all those schemes in ur head that u've got planned out to sim-city the nation, but who's to say u know what's best for everyone.

cuz growth isn't always better, and perfection isn't always contentment... so roll along, grab ur piece, and enjoy ur roles. ;)

lady0fdarkness

Professional Lakorn Watcher
this may sound really stupid, but im obviously clueless... when thai people say, esan or isan.. does that mean lao people.. and who are exactly esan people, like where they live and etc..
Well it depends on the type of people you're referring too. There are Thai Esarns and Lao Esarns. Thai Esarn leans more towards Thai, and Lao Esarn leans more towards Laos. I guess it's half and half. Historically, the Thais conquered some land from Laos. And within that land there were people whom are laotian, but they had to adapt to Thai ways, because they are now part of Thailand. So when they speak, you can hear both Lao and Thai in their language.

So... Esarn is actually part of Thai, but they used to be Lao.

Liberty

sarNie Adult
I'm guessing it's just people who live up in that region because my parents call them Isan too instead of just Lao.

PhoneO_5

sarNie Oldmaid
marduk... cambodia country is getting better.. for not having communist. in cambodia yeah their might be smart people that die, got kill or whatever but have u thought about those smart cambodia who live in the united state and go back and help their country?? there a lot of lao people in the united state that are lao that don't help out the country because it communist and they dont' wanna deal with it. the only thing they deal with is try to get the communist out of the country but then again everybody know that its gonna be hard and will need more money and more help from other. I know that laos is landlock and they open up the free market system and encouraged enterprise but then again its not much. Just to let u know that there are a lot of laos people that want to go back to their homeland and help out their country but they can't if they do they will get kill from the communist. What i feel is i dont' care if lao country is improving or not, that can come later. All i care is for the people in laos to have freedom of speach.freedom to do what they thing its right for themself not what the government telling them what to do. you know what?? having green is nicer then having a lot of light lol hahaha. it more relaxing from of i think. marduk by reading what you said, sound like you just want to travel faster to get to point A to point B. Well u know what God made feet for us to walk use them . Anyways travel by car is better then train because you can stop anywhere u want. Even though it doesn't come with a bathroom but guess what there's bushes go do your business there hahaha lol or ask people that live there to use ther bathroom.
I think Laos people in the US can actually go back to Laos without getting killed. It's just fear is driving them away from returning home. And a bunch of rumors. Like the Vietnamese people in America dislike the gov over in Vietnam, but my friend from Vietnam who moved to the US actually like the communist government there. It's weird, all fear and political views that are making them fear what they haven't experienced yet. My dad was afraid of going back to Laos because he feared being killed, but after 17 years, he got the courage to go because he said if he dies, he dies. Then when we went, nobody even cared who he was. All of his friends who were his enemies during the war just had better gov jobs, but they could care less of who my dad is today. The young adults today in Laos don't even know what the war was and they go on like every other modern person wanting their hair done, party, travel, etc. The only way you're going to get killed is by getting drunk and pissing people off. haha.

sbounmany

sarNie Egg
Well it depends on the type of people you're referring too. There are Thai Esarns and Lao Esarns. Thai Esarn leans more towards Thai, and Lao Esarn leans more towards Laos. I guess it's half and half. Historically, the Thais conquered some land from Laos. And within that land there were people whom are laotian, but they had to adapt to Thai ways, because they are now part of Thailand. So when they speak, you can hear both Lao and Thai in their language.

So... Esarn is actually part of Thai, but they used to be Lao.

Ok...here's from what I know. My mom is Isan. She from Ubonratchatani (Ubon, Thailand) but she does speak Laotian because it was the first language until the longer they are in Thai their language became a mixture of both Lao and Thai. The reason why some people say Lao Isan and Thai Isan is that Thai's call them Lao Isan is because its a way of looking down on them because its mostly a poorer part of Thailand and it being closer to Laos. Laos call them Thai Isan is because they live in Thailand and to show respect because its not right to call them Lao Isan when they really live in Thailand.

My father is from Laos and he was also in the military. He left to Thailand with his army too because they were going to kill anyone that was in the army. Thats when to had fled to Thailand and meet my mom.