❤️ Various ET News

its_ann

sarNie Juvenile
I think Yaya is beautiful, her acting is good, but can be better. Why does it seem like she always just has that one surprised look. I noticed it in her twin lakorn, and I’m noticing it here through the trailers/teasers/highlights.

nat12

sarNie Adult
I started watching lakorn after Anne’s era. I’m not a big fan of her acting actually. Not that she’s bad, just not my thing.

Yes I agree Ch3 decides who they give roles too but I doubt she had no choice but to favour Kim, Yaya, Nadech, Mark, James Ji. Other producers have faves or preferred actors too. Like Maker with Great, Matt, and Broadcast with Pope (and they have their own actors too). But other producers take more chances in terms of actors and script types. I remembered years ago Anne wasn’t keen on Pope at first when Ch3 gave him for Samee Tee Tra.

I think Anne should stick to acting..her producing/directing stints have not been anything amazing so far
My cynical take is that she does projects based on what she wishes she could act in and who she would like to act with. Lol Rather than what the audience of today might be able to enjoy.

nat12

sarNie Adult
I think Yaya is beautiful, her acting is good, but can be better. Why does it seem like she always just has that one surprised look. I noticed it in her twin lakorn, and I’m noticing it here through the trailers/teasers/highlights.
Yeah I agree too.

Saw something funny yesterday. Someone tweeted “Yaya in lakorn when acting with other people: life is very sad.” Added pictures of Yaya with James Ma, Mark, James Ji and Mario in their respective lakorns. Someone else replied to that: acting with Nadech, gets to be princess or angel.;)

spanky

sarNie OldFart
Sounds like a typical thai lakorn

Pk is usually with a gf and ...falls in love with nk...or vice versa

The thing with rumor is...that a rumor.....a person maybe responsible but not directly involved.

I was responsible for a break up....according to that cause it was the cause and blame. I had no involvement. My ex was still hung up. That is on him....not me....I was Not a 3rd wheel...but inwas responsible for the break up and to her...I was the 3rd wheel

Wier is dating and marrying the new girl....Bella is just human...of course she is not perfect....but it was a rumor....he had like 5...that show a pattern of behaviors

I think of Tanya, pinky and the hubby...that was club Friday shit

Last edited:

mayag

sarNie Adult
My cynical take is that she does projects based on what she wishes she could act in and who she would like to act with. Lol Rather than what the audience of today might be able to enjoy.
That actually makes a lot of sense. I can totally sense her “style” in the work she produces.

WeirFany

sarNie Adult
@spanky you make a very good point, Weir has a pattern indeed. Even if the relationship was at the end of its rope, you should break up with someone first before entertaining someone else. Even if it became just for business bc that's the most that Bella could walk away with since he's been rumored to have flirted/cheated on her so much during their relationship, he should've at least have had the decency to wait until their very public relationship was made known to have ended first. Bc even if they didn't cheat, his and Vicky's story of how they met and fell in love, overlaps with when he was still with Bella. If he was considerate of both women, he should've gotten his story right because now his wife will definitely be seen as a third party to others.

Guaranteed from the publicity they've been getting, she'll probably start taking endorsements with him, and eventually start in the entertainment field herself somehow bc like everyone says she's a cute and pretty girl, she's clearly not shy, and if she's been a "stunt double"... acting and modeling will be easy for her to get into with his connections.

BeLLa

sarNie Adult
@spanky you make a very good point, Weir has a pattern indeed. Even if the relationship was at the end of its rope, you should break up with someone first before entertaining someone else. Even if it became just for business bc that's the most that Bella could walk away with since he's been rumored to have flirted/cheated on her so much during their relationship, he should've at least have had the decency to wait until their very public relationship was made known to have ended first. Bc even if they didn't cheat, his and Vicky's story of how they met and fell in love, overlaps with when he was still with Bella. If he was considerate of both women, he should've gotten his story right because now his wife will definitely be seen as a third party to others.

Guaranteed from the publicity they've been getting, she'll probably start taking endorsements with him, and eventually start in the entertainment field herself somehow bc like everyone says she's a cute and pretty girl, she's clearly not shy, and if she's been a "stunt double"... acting and modeling will be easy for her to get into with his connections.
I think so too. As far as i know, she stunt double for weir and thisa drama only. They hired her for underwater filming. She is a pro diver.

nat12

sarNie Adult
The thing with rumor is...that a rumor.....a person maybe responsible but not directly involved.
I agree with you. I mean yes, none of us here know what the truth actually is. But with Weir the repeated rumors are red flags. I remember reading in this forum some time back that yes, all top actors always have rumors linked with them. But why is it always Weir? We don’t see other top actors having similar rumors so many times, e.g Mark, Nadech.

Even Bella’s rumor with Aum. We don’t know what actually happen and she isn’t perfect. But something she has said before made me wonder. In one of her videos, she said before that as an only child she had always wished she had a sibling, and specifically an older brother. She also said that before BPS, she tended to keep herself on set and become more reserved. Basically Pope’s endless teasing made her open up a bit on set. And everyone can see what Bella and Pope are like when together. So I was wondering if she was behaving similarly with Aum, and it was taken the wrong way. Plus she was quite new at that time and not quite able to defend herself. This is purely my speculation though.

nat12

sarNie Adult
That actually makes a lot of sense. I can totally sense her “style” in the work she produces.
My theory is based on the type of dramas she produces. And how I cringed watching her “direct” all the scenes between the leads when I watched behind the scenes clips of some of her dramas. Like she will be showing n’ek exactly what to do with the p’ek (how to touch, hold him etc) and I’ll be thinking, “Does she have to direct it like this? Is she imagining she’s the n’ek here?”:rolleyes: It’s not like she’s working with complete newbies! These are top actors.

Anne22

sarNie Juvenile
YES! This is my exact opinion of her too. She should do more in terms of developing new talent. I mean all producers have their favourites, but to me she’s the biggest example of having favorites based on how popular they already are.

Ratings-wise, sounds like The Crown Princess then?

But I agree all the promos for Bad Roméo look depressing.
what do you mean sounds like the crown princess? lol tcp’s rating range from 4 to 6 and the previous anne’s lakorn my husband inlaw range rating was around that too ( 2 to 5 ) so yeah not sure what do you mean by that

bit

sarNie Adult
Sounds like a typical thai lakorn

Pk is usually with a gf and ...falls in love with nk...or vice versa

I was responsible for a break up....according to that cause it was the cause and blame. I had no involvement. My ex was still hung up. That is on him....not me....I was Not a 3rd wheel...but inwas responsible for the break up and to her...I was the 3rd wheel

Wier is dating and marrying the new girl....Bella is just human...of course she is not perfect....but it was a rumor....he had like 5...that show a pattern of behaviors

I think of Tanya, pinky and the hubby...that was club Friday shit
Tanya life is still Club Friday shit, she just went on to all the mistresses ‘yeah go on… you can keep my husband, but all the money is mine’… LOL.

bit

sarNie Adult
My theory is based on the type of dramas she produces. And how I cringed watching her “direct” all the scenes between the leads when I watched behind the scenes clips of some of her dramas. Like she will be showing n’ek exactly what to do with the p’ek (how to touch, hold him etc) and I’ll be thinking, “Does she have to direct it like this? Is she imagining she’s the n’ek here?”:rolleyes: It’s not like she’s working with complete newbies! These are top actors.
I thought I was the only one who cringe, Anne had storyline but she tends to go overboard with all the acting, it looks stiff at the end.

*DramaCuties*

sarNie Egg
Finally someone who think the same. That is why nk of the drama that she produce tend to look like anne copy when they act. She should just learn to give fully trust to these actors that she choose herself. All these actors have their own style. Give guidance is ok but controlling everything??

nat12

sarNie Adult
:) thanks for validating my thoughts, guys. TBH behind the scenes of Anne lakorn directing was one of the earliest I ever saw when I started watching lakorn. And I’m not Thai. So at first I thought, “Oh, so this is how they direct all those intense scenes emotional close up scenes in Thailand.”

Then I started seeing other behind the scenes clips and I realised, other directors don’t do it like this - it’s just her. Like typically other directors will stand to one side, holding the script, instructing the actors as they rehearse. They’ll instruct where to touch, how long to stare, how they should move and turn etc, while saying the right lines. Which makes sense because they’re all rehearsing it together with the camera positions to capture how the exact scene should be. But for Anne, somehow the BTS clips will be showing how she will be holding and touching the p’ek, while the n’ek is standing on the side observing. :pancarta:

Finally someone who think the same. That is why nk of the drama that she produce tend to look like anne copy when they act.
Yes. That’s exactly it. I think Kim is the one who is biggest copy. And both of them border on overacting at times.

nat12

sarNie Adult
what do you mean sounds like the crown princess? lol tcp’s rating range from 4 to 6 and the previous anne’s lakorn my husband inlaw range rating was around that too ( 2 to 5 ) so yeah not sure what do you mean by that
Sorry didn’t mean to disparage. I mean TCP was built up to be this epic blockbuster lakorn. While the ratings were decent at the time, I think this wasn’t up to expectations? So when I say “similar to TCP”, I was talking about the similarity between ratings not meeting high expectations. Just saw the rating of the first ep was about 1? I know it’s on Netflix and other streaming services, but Yaya and Mario deserve better ratings than that.:confused:

Anne22

sarNie Juvenile
Sorry didn’t mean to disparage. I mean TCP was built up to be this epic blockbuster lakorn. While the ratings were decent at the time, I think this wasn’t up to expectations? So when I say “similar to TCP”, I was talking about the similarity between ratings not meeting high expectations. Just saw the rating of the first ep was about 1? I know it’s on Netflix and other streaming services, but Yaya and Mario deserve better ratings than that.:confused:
I mean not every lakorn leading by topstars will get high rating? Anne-JJ, Bella-Peak, Kim- James, Mark Taew all of them only got decent rating last yr. thonget recent lakorns only manage to get decent rating none of them hit it big/blockbuster. br first ep rating was low 1.7 but they dominate the live views at 3plus probably the highest since 2021.

Last edited:

byebye

sarNie OldFart
Ratings in channel 3 isn't going to jump off the roof so the lower ratings at this point is expected. It has been that for years and isn't going to change soon no matter who is in the lakorn. I remembered when Matt was in her lakorn with Na and the ratings were in the 1s... everyone was blaming Matt because of the scandal. But we were like, the story sucks. The channel couldn't even managed to make a decent remake. But since Matt was in it...it was easier to blame her.

Then when Kim-Tik duo came out with a lakorn and it was in the 1s...we were asking who is to blame lol. If the lakorn is boring and suck the enjoying of watching it no matter how popular the main leads are it's going to remain boring and ratings will reflect that. Honestly, who wants to waste their time watching something that stressed them out or the storyline is unrealistically crazy.

nat12

sarNie Adult
Yes at this point the poor ratings is not really indicative of the actors performance anymore but it’s more an overall Ch3 problem. It’s really good that Bad Romeo dominated live views on their app. Perhaps for a start, it’s a sign that Ch3 might want to look more at live view numbers as a bigger indicator of a lakorn performance, rather than ratings per se. This is just reflective of the current media landscape, where viewers are more likely to view their lakorn via personal devices, rather than conventional scheduled tv viewing.

And the bigger point is what we have discussed before in this thread and @byebye mentioned. Ch3 really needs to rethink their lakorn making strategy. Their formula of simply casting their A-list as leads to carry their “best” scripts is no longer the sure-fire way to success. Their competition is not so much the other Thai channels anymore, but more Netflix and other streaming services, where viewers can watch anything from almost anywhere in the world.

Sacred

among...
I guess Bad Romeo met a bad luck on its premiere day. It was heavy raining and flooding in Bangkok. People were complaining that Ch3 didn't work, there were no signal on TV. Bangkok is their main audience. Without it there can't be good ratings. It was better on the second day, but why people would watch if they missed the beginning. Next week should be better.

I remember it happened with Kim-JMa lakorn. Well, the storyline was meh and ratings were low, but it was super-very-much low when it was raining for couple of days. Some fans even claimed that the channel was sabotaging the lakorn (what?). Because the signal went out at the same time that it was supposed to be shown on TV.:nut:

Bad Romeo looks like typical thai lakorn, but that's what Anna always does. It may look new, but she mixes tropes and clichés. Sometimes she will add something new, but not that much. Anna maybe lives in the world of her old lakorns, but we must give her a credit, she knows what people like to watch, even if they themselves do not admit it. People haven't changed that much with time. And if they like kdramas now, she will be doing it like kdramas, but thai style. I personally don't like her like producer. Anna can make good picture but she could easily fail storyline and characters' roles. And that problem with the sound.

Speaking of favorites, I think that was true for Anna when she first started her production career. Now she collects top stars. She only asks for big A-listers, but they are already running out and she has begun to lower her bar. Maybe it's for the better. She would pay more attention to the scripts. I noticed this pattern, sometimes the bigger the star, than it harder for him/her to get a good script. At least with Channel 3. It's like producers think if they've paid huge amount of money for the big name then no need to bother themselves with good scenario and quality. People would still watch. (Ha. Not now with streamings.) When the actors not thAt big then team more cares and may spend money for the work on the script. And montage. Or maybe not.:(