❤️ Various ET News

whitedove

sarNie Adult
lol I agree but some just take it too far.
Agreed. There are some lakorns I really like and want to enjoy commenting about the lakorn, but the shipping culture throws me off (for example the Tae Pang Korn thread over here). Sometimes I wander over the threads after watching a really good episode or good scene and I want to comment on it, but all I see are posts about how the pranang should totally get together in real life and just ignore everybody else who's already in their lives and I always get turned off by that.

I mean, koojin or no koojin, just ship away anyway you want but please don't take it too far, wishing for real-life relationships to fail just so your ship can sail is so not cool.

saobomp

sarNie Adult
Agreed. There are some lakorns I really like and want to enjoy commenting about the lakorn, but the shipping culture throws me off (for example the Tae Pang Korn thread over here). Sometimes I wander over the threads after watching a really good episode or good scene and I want to comment on it, but all I see are posts about how the pranang should totally get together in real life and just ignore everybody else who's already in their lives and I always get turned off by that.

I mean, koojin or no koojin, just ship away anyway you want but please don't take it too far, wishing for real-life relationships to fail just so your ship can sail is so not cool.
LOL, right! I stop going there b/c too much talking about that. I just wanted to read on inputs/updates on the scenes etc but all I see are those hehe.

jeanie1

sarNie Adult
I thought koojin was just onscreen couple. When did it become about real life too? You know it takes a special brand of greediness when you're willing to sellout your girlfriend and real relationship to make a buck. And it takes desperation to a new level when you're willing to ignore common decency and pride to flirt and fake a relationship with a "taken" guy to gain fame. Especially being a female and all, it's like damn girl have some pride.

I don't get it either. Chompoo never had a koojin and she's a huge star, one of the top ones in Thai. Aum and Ann were already famous on their own before they got their "koojins" and they never tried to play up the offscreen relationship. But even if you had a koojin, there's no need to cross the line. I don't think any of the current ones even try to pretend there's more going on offscreen. If the fans want to cheer them on that's on the fans, not the actors. But with Wawa/Indy they were actually actively planning and trying to get fans to buy into the possibility of them in real life. So crazy.

Waffle

❤ BTS ❤
Back then on screen couples never tried to date or flirt around and they still had the best chemistry! Nowadays, some flirt around but have no chemistry on screen.

KhoOnxNouxWanxJai

Staff member
Sometimes on screen couples when they become real couple, they lose the chemistry on screen. Look at Kade at Noon. If you look at all their work before they were rumored to have gotten together, you would see that they had way more chemistry in the beginning of their career than towards the half where they were a couple.

byebye

sarNie OldFart
The importance of koojins now are fans driven crazies. And the channel and stars see that as a huge business sell. After all, celebrities are a selling item if done right. Not all, but for some if the price is right they will koojin away like there is no tomorrow. Look at the history of lakorns world, how many on screen couples actually get married?

There are younger fans now that buy into this falsehood that love on screen can be as sweet as off screen. But they forget once it says "cut" more than often those feelings are left behind the camera. It is interesting to watch how the younger fans eat it up like their favorite ice cream when a couple they fall in love on screen seemed close off screen.

I don't see the allure of koojins because at the end the odds of them being together are slim. But yes, to wish that a real relationship would fail in order for a dream couple on screen to get together that's epic unreasonable.

Last edited:

sarN

sarNie Granny
There should be a koojin fan . Where the fan are cheer to be with an actress/actor :risas3: , I would love to see fan fighting over their own fantasy , good lord , i pray for one :)

sarNie Adult
There should be a koojin fan . Where the fan are cheer to be with an actress/actor :risas3: , I would love to see fan fighting over their own fantasy , good lord , i pray for one :)
Eeeeh @sarN that is freaky in K-pop context. Like there was one idol who woke up with a fan watching him sleep by his bedside wahahaha. She broke into his house and went to his room. That is a professional stalker hahaha

I admit to going fin for a koojin; and admittedly, i wish deep in my heart they have a *chance* to be together in real life, though I know the possibility is slim to none. But that's the limit of a fan really, hoping for a chance, because in the end it's for the couple to decide or know if they have truly fallen in love or not. No one can force that. It's too presumptuous to think that two peoole MUST end up together because that means you know them well and know what is best for them - in the end actors have their own lives, own preferences and own personalities off-cam, which they keep private.

But ultimately the test for the fan is really whether they would support the actors and be happy for them when they are with someone else because then it will be a healthy kind of relationship between the actor and the fan. I personally think that pushing a koojin to be together without considering their true feelings is almost like forcing yourself upon someone. I feel that the fan imagines herself to be the n'ek and if they end up together, it's as if she got the p'ek herself, as the n'ek personifies herself, or at least that "self" she wants to be. It's unhealthy because in the end we don't write the screenplay of their relationship. We wouldn't know how it would play out for the two of them.

So I think koojins aren't really bad if considered properly. Like support koojin for their work and their working relationship, or at most their friendship. It's undeniable that some people really look good together (better than with others haha) and have good rapport when acting together so it will be cool to see them in more lakorns together - where they can fulfill all our fantasies of them being a couple. Then let them live their own personal lives like normal people who have freedom to love who they wish. It's the least they deserve for entertaining us with all that fin. On screen fin is enough, don't be too greedy!

Waffle

❤ BTS ❤
I feel like the actors that got married are the ones that weren't kookwans but worked together before, like Brooke and Kob, Ken T and Noi for example.

I'm not sure if the Noks were kookwans or Cee and Amy.

If any of the koojins make it to the alter, it would be very surprising.

byebye

sarNie OldFart
I feel like the actors that got married are the ones that weren't kookwans but worked together before, like Brooke and Kob, Ken T and Noi for example.

I'm not sure if the Noks were kookwans or Cee and Amy.

If any of the koojins make it to the alter, it would be very surprising.
I think koojins get exhausted after all the dust settles down that their feelings or lack thereof runs out too that's why you don't see them make it to the alter much. And plus, once they grow up and their teenage fans also have a life which fawning over a lakorn couple takes a backseat to reality then the koojins usually go their separate ways and fall in love with the person they actually are in love with for them individually not with the one to make the fans happy.

patesserie

sarNie Hatchling
It takes two to tango. Both Indy and Wawwa are equally at fault for this scandal. Indy is at fault for even interacting beyond a co-star level with Wawwa when he's the one who was already in a relationship. He's wrong for going on those talk shows and implying that he wants to progress things further but doesn't want to pressure Wawwa since she just broke up with her bf. What's even worse is that he's pointing fingers and shifting the blame towards the fans for over analyzing everything on their own when him and Wawwa were the ones who purposely fed those fans with imaginations to begin with. I can't believe he pulled a Nadech move and used the fans as a scapegoat when he wouldn't be here today without the fans support. Leaking those LINE conversations doesn't take away from the fact that he was using Wawwa for finanical gains and if he wasn't on board with her so-called plan on doing fan service, he could have just rejected her propositions. Showing those conversations just proves that he's equally as desperate as Wawwa is. He's already showing signs of immaturity and ungratefulness when he hasn't even established a solid fanbse for himself yet so I'm questioning who the heck is his manager? This boy needs some major help before he hits an iceberg. As for Wawwa, she's definitely not an innocent victim in this whole ordeal. She should have enough pride and respect in herself to make a name on her own without the need to push her koo jin tidings with a co-star who is already taken. How desperate can you be? She's the older one and has more experience in the industry so she should know better. Being a girl, I was even surprised that she was the first one to come out and say that their relationship is progressing continuously when Indy said that at most they can only be friends. Ch3 has so many nang aeks yet they chose to push the ones like Wawwa and currently Yeena who are both really problematic and scandalous lol.

There's nothing wrong with cheering and finning along to your favourite pairings on screen but the problem is Thai fans and celebrities just take the whole koo jin culture to another level. Apparently, these koojin fans associate their own human flourishing and wellbeing with these celebrities who have no darn clue they even exist in this world. It gives them uttermost satisfaction for these celebrities to be ungrateful, inconsiderate, deceitful and unfaithful to anyone so as long as they're in a steady relationship with their popular co-star. They live off observing and analyzing every little word and action and then blowing it out of proportion. Why does it even matter? I have no darn clue. I will never understand how two people dating affects someone else' daily life. I will never understand how people can be so selfish and ignorant where a popular couple can get together by cheating on their respective partners and they think that is morally acceptable? If others question them, they would say so what if their fav celebs cheated? They didn't kill someone or commit a crime, as long as they're happy that's all good. Gee I sure hope in the future that if someone cheats on you, you wouldn't go to them with an eh okay because it's normal to do so. Anyone out there, regardless if you're a guy or girl should have enough respect for yourself to not settle for that kind of behaviour. For the actors/actresses, it's just sad to think that instead of working on cultivating your skills and being popular for your talent and self-worth, you have to go out of your way to fake a relationship with the person you're working with to maintain a certain status. What's the point of being a celebrity if you're not gonna bother working on being a 'good' performer? I sure miss the good old days when fans just enjoyed a lakorn for the solid acting and storyline without caring about whether the main leads were dating or not. Viewers weren't too concerned if people were going to kiss for real or count how many kissing scenes there are in a lakorn. People just cared if the love story and interactions were fitting with the plot and if the script called for intimacy or not.
Fans were for the most part respectful of each other and actually had moral conscience and humanity. If a celeb did wrong, they wouldn't exactly defend you because they don't want to excuse poor behaviour and give the mesaage to all the younger fans that its okay to do bad when you're a public figure. The whole culutre has shifted since I think around 2007-2008 when JLR and SB aired and was only intensified when 4HJHKK came along. Now it's only getting worse as the days goes by. That's why I don't care to really participate in any specific threads. When it comes to lakorns, I care about a multidimensional, unpredictble storyline, good acting and solid production. Who I choose to watch onscreen depends on capabilities and personality. If you're a decent actor with a snotty attitude, I wouldn't really want to waste my time to support that kind of actor/actress. Talent has to go hand in hand with the right personality IMHO.

Last edited:

whitedove

sarNie Adult
Oh man, I've just read even more incriminating 'reports' about Indy, even before this thing with Wawwa blew up. Apparently he's quite a two-timer/cheater, where he claimed to be dating this girl only to be seen/known as dating another girl instead. And it has happened multiple times too. If this is true then he really needs help!

patesserie

sarNie Hatchling
Yeah he admitted to being a playboy but claims those were things of the past and wants people to see that he's now a changed man. Ugh yeah no doesn't seem like it. His record with the ladies shows that he doesn't have much respect for the female gender if he's going around two-timing and playing mind games. It's ironic because he seems to adore his mother beyond anything. Someone needs to teach this boy some human decency if he hopes to continue being an actor/model.

Vimalee

Live Love Laugh
Congratulations to everyone!

Kom Chud Leurd Awards 2016

Best Actor/Actress

Nadech - Tarm Ruk Keun Jai

Noon W. - Pitsaward

Best Supporting Actor/Actress

Au - Tarm Ruk Keun Jai (played Noona's dad)

Joy R. - Duang Jai Pisoot

credit Pantip Thai Forum

ยินดีกับ ทุกๆรางวัลจ้า

ณเดชน์ - ตามรักคืนใจ
นุ่น - พิษสวาท
อู๋ - ตามรักคืนใจ
จอย - ดวงใจพิสุทธิ์

whitedove

sarNie Adult
Congratulations to everyone!

Kom Chud Leurd Awards 2016

Best Actor/Actress

Nadech - Tarm Ruk Keun Jai

Noon W. - Pitsaward

Best Supporting Actor/Actress

Au - Tarm Ruk Keun Jai (played Noona's dad)

Joy R. - Duang Jai Pisoot

credit Pantip Thai Forum

ยินดีกับ ทุกๆรางวัลจ้า

ณเดชน์ - ตามรักคืนใจ
นุ่น - พิษสวาท
อู๋ - ตามรักคืนใจ
จอย - ดวงใจพิสุทธิ์
I forgot it was last night! I'll make a separate thread for this.

tweedaly

sarNie Rebel
I was scrolling down the post feed on ig and I saw a pic Pok proposing to Margie. Is this real!? Probably is.